Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

From bond

Good morning to you I wanted to check in I know you wrote me yesterday morning but my brain goes in and out and I don't remember much in little bits and pieces.

I did start sleeping yesterday and was up a little bit last night but doing okay everything gets a little easier hour by hour.

I will be notifying you guys over the next day or two about her celebration of life next Saturday

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

News from Bond. Excellent. Glad he is able to get some sleep.

Java: Dr Z is right,,, Silvadene cream is for burns. Excellent stuff. I am a pharmacist in real life!

Here is my really freaky story that I've only told a few people. When I was in college, I was dating a guy who had been married, divorced and had a young son. Shawn was 2 when I met him. He resented me a bit at first, but then we became pals. He and I would be the first ones up and we would walk together to the donut shop on the corner. He had blonde curly hair and so curious about everything. I just adored him. He lived in Miami with his mom while his dad ( my boyfriend) was attending college in Gainesville. We would pop down to Miami as often as possible to see him. On June 8th, 1980, J and I were up late studying for finals. He lived in this old mobile home. It was around 2am,, and he saw a big spider on the wall. Instead of taking a shoe and squashing it,, he took a lighter and set it on fire. I was horrified. It wasn't like him to be cruel like that. There must have been something in the airwaves,,,, cuz right at that time,, there was a fire at his son's apartment. His mom ran out into the hall to get a fire extinguisher, which didn't work, and opening the door let in oxygen and spread the fire faster. The fire dept didn't get there in time. We lost our beautiful boy. How could it be that J set fire to a spider at the exact same time that fire was happening in his son's apar

Dr Z: yes, I've tried sleeping with my arm straight, and I've tried different pillows and a wedge pillow. After steriods and Lyrica,, I managed to sleep for 6 hours until my hand woke me up. (YAY!!) it was burning but I shifted around a bit and was able to go back to sleep until 830. Best sleep I've had for a while. YAY for drugs.

L: Aus next year?? I'm in.

Shoot,,, forgot what else I was going to comment on. Must go back and read.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

OK, I started a Walgreens photo site for us. I've loaded the pics of DP that I have found so far. Grabbed a few from her facebook page. I am opening this up to all of us. Will send an email with the sign-on,, if you do not get an email from me,,, PM me and I'll get it to you there! Please add photos if you have them!! This way, we can have them all in one place for future scrapbooking!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

got it, haven't looked yet.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I just went thru the first 60 pages of this thread. I found the pic of Bond in Hawaii!! Woot! Will be adding a few more pics shortly.

We could use the site for all our pics if you want. there could be an M album,,, with all the lovely pics of her home, Z album with pics of kids,,,,, Bobo too,,,,etc etc!!  More private than posting here.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Sounds good Glennie.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

And, there's always Yahoo private groups by invitation only. Nothing inside the group is searchable by Google and you can put anything you want in there... folders, pictures, spreadsheets - plus there is chat (just like here). My adoption group did this and it was really nice. We each had a folder to post pictures of our kids, plus we kept a spreadsheet of sorts to document everyone's journey - dossier date, referral date, travel date and then home. You know I'm all for private!

• javafriend
    javafriend Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2015
    PRB, hope your haircut came out how you like it. 32 sounds balmy.
    Z and Glennie, thanks for the tip about silvadyne. No burns yet, but I keep a close watch on it. My rad onc is very proactive, so I am sure he will give me a prescription if I need it. Glennie, I am glad you got some pain relief/sleep. what a freaky, sad story. Thanks for doing digital scrapbook.
    Z, glad Bond texted you. It sounds like he is doing as well as can be expected.
    CEU course was shortened due to snow. I got to catch up with some friends and colleagues which was fun.
    Lisa
  • glennie19
    edited February 2015

what kind of course was it, Java?   Next month I am taking very interesting course called:  The Pharmacy in Your Kitchen,,,about medicinal foods.    I cannot wait.  Sounds so interesting.  6 hours CEU live!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

So what? I hate the beach. FFS, I am allowed to hate the beach, I deserve unconditional love, it is part of my characteristics.

G, terrible story! I am so sorry. Everyone's stories are so mystical. Spookie, I am impressed that you were baking real stuff! School lunches look like crap to me. No homemade food anywhere.

I am in for AUS next year. It will be DLLP's 50th! Could we manage a trip? Will save up. As many of you know, I have an owl. M has convinced me that he is really mine.

Whew! Our princess has a smack-talk potty mouth on her (complete with eye rolls). We have a 'consequences chart' on the fridge, blah, blah, blah. W boy announced at dinner that he has decided he is going to live in Miami when he grows up. We think that is hilarious for obvious reasons.

Silvadene is for burns. But my PS's NP gave me some to help with the -- well, you can't put it on open sores or scars, but to help with some of the healing of the thin tissues after my many many infections and procedures. That stuff is incredible. I ended up getting a vat of it. The extremely painful med device I used for six months can cause breaking down of the skin. I credit Silvadene for keeping that skin together.

Two thumbs up for Silvadene!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Bobo,, you have our unconditional love.  We were just curious as to why you hate the beach.

Everyone wants to go to Aus next year?  Dang,, I better start saving now.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I hate the beach because it is dirty. Gross. It smells like decaying things. I hate to get sand everywhere. I hate the beating sun. I hate how you have to hump everything down from your car. And when you get home you have to clean everything -- including the kids. You bring food and the food gets sand in it.

I do not see what everyone sees in the beach.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Good morning all! Just got up and wow is it going to be hot here today. 37c+. I am staying home, Colin is going model boat racing, I may have some of he girls over for a visit. We have a guest arriving tomorrow, from Canada. He has been in New Zealand and other parts of Australia and this is his last stop, before going home.

You have all been busy. I love to hear the unexplained strange stories. Glennie that was very weird, wasn't it? and the watch stopping is one I have heard of before, I wonder if that happens often.

I had a very weird pet one once. Bec and I had moved into a renovated extension on my Mother's house, to help take care of her after my Dad died, we had a beautiful dog, just like Dex named Zoe. One night I had gone to bed and Bec was studying, I turned over in bed and I had a cold nose pressed right against my nose and a soft snort of breath. I turned away, thinking Zoe was on my bed. I started to think and realized the dog wasn't in my room, so I called out to Bec, she came to my door and Zoe was standing with her. I have no idea what that was and it never happened again.

Glennie, you're amazing getting all the pics together, I hope your hand and arm respond to those drugs. I think I mentioned before, I had great success with a trapped nerve in my neck, from a bulging disc with steroids, a great neurologist and physio. They wanted to operate through the front of my neck for that too.

PRB, I have the same problem with the hairdresser, What's difference between a good and bad haircut? about 3 weeks!!! LOL

Z thank you for the Bond update, there was another post of yours just above the Bond one, is that the one you meant?

Thank you Spookiesmom, I could probably eat that Nuttella, that isn't a lot of dairy. Now where did I see a recipe for brownies made with Nuttella? That job sounds like it was really hot and hard work, but perfect, for working DD's schedule!

I doubt I am going to go to the music festival today, just too hot. I think I may just enjoy having the place to myself for a few hours. M x

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

I honestly can't remember the last time I went to the beach. Agree with all your reasons Bobo. And that's why I don't eat fish, it tastes like how low tide smells.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

Hi kids... Glennie, that is such a sad story :( Glennie, that was a great idea.. I did get the email! I am hoping we can upload videos on that as I have found a couple.. I will investigate. I started pulling photos off the videos, but got really teary doing that.. so stopped for a bit.

Bobo, you better get to love the beach, it's the perfect place to strut around wearing the miniscule bikini for which you are getting the outrageously expensive wax for.

I don't know what you all are doing, but I am going to Aussie next year. M will tell us when is the best time. Last time I went in July and it was beautiful. I would say that winter in Melbourne anyways is probably similar to winter in FL.

Z, thank you for Bond update.. poor guy.

I'll be back alter.. just popped in while dinner is cooking.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Full disclosure:  I LOVE the beach..   So the beach house is MINE!!  Bobo:  L has a good reason for you to strut your stuff like that!  heeeheeeheeee.  I love walking on the beach and just breathing in all that fresh salty air.

L:  not sure if you can put vids on the Walgreens site,, but if you can pull pics and put them there, that would be amazing!  Then any of us can print them for ourselves or upload to our computers, etc etc  Trying to get a reprint of one of the Spam articles.  L:  if you can get a decent print of one,,let me know.  Between my old computer and old printer,,, well,, it just is not working well.  Next up:  figure out how to do the scrapbook.

M: interesting story about cold nose!  It was another dog that you had previously!  I'm sure of it.  When I lost Rocco,, I mourned him for so long. He was my heart dog.  I kept thinking about getting another dog and going on Petfinder to look and never doing it. 1.5 years after he passed,, on HIS BIRTHDAY,,, I was watching Pit Bulls and Parolees and Tia rescued a dog, tied up under a bridge that looked just like Rocco.  I knew it was a sign that he was telling me to get another dog.  I had Ava within the month.   And yes, M,,, I am hoping to avoid surgery,, but OMG,, that report looks really awful.  I'm scared to see what the MRI will show.

L:  in Aus,, I really really have to go see Ayers Rock.  It is on my bucket list.  Don't know if anyone else wants to go there,, but I must see it.  And the penguins.  Must go see the tiny penguins.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

You have unconditional love Bobo, Bec hates the beach too! If you ever come here, I will not make you go to the beach, even though we have beautiful grassy areas with shady trees right there at the beach. You and Bec would get on well, she has the palest English skin, she has not had a tan since she was a child. I used to take her for great holidays to Hawaii and Islands and up to Queensland, we never lived far from the beach, but she never really got into the beachy part. Me, I love the sand, I love to feel salty, even salty hair is fine with me and no matter how many times I am told it is wrong, I love tanned skin. I think it is an Aussie thing! One of my favorite things to do, is sit on the beach and eat fish and chips, out of the paper!

Is everyone thinking of coming to Aus? I thought I was going to the US! LOL

Love that Princess potty mouth with eye roll! Don't tell her I said that! I don't get the Miami joke?

Glennie, that course will be great, my Rheumy is a great believer in eating anti inflammatory foods and using Boswelia and Cats Claw for RA along with the big guns drugs.I have a couple of books about food as the healer. Norman Walker is my juice guru, he did a few books on food as the healer which I have followed for a long time. Just can't keep away from the sugar though!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Glennie this is for you, can't remember if I posted this before. There have been people all over Australia knitting for the Penguins. They wear these when they have been affected by an oil spill, so they won't groom themselves and get sick.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Another for you Glennie. This is Uluru/Ayers Rock taken from space. I have never been, but I believe it is really spooky and surreal.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

oh M:  I love you!! What lovely penguin sweaters!! That is soooo lovely. I worry about them with the oil slick so that is such a lovely thing to do. You and I will sit on the beach and eat fish and chips!!  So up for that!!  I am a native Floridian,,, we are into the beach, baby!!

M:  I am going to a continuing education lecture next month called The Pharmacy in your Kitchen!  All about medicinal foods.  Cannot wait!!   I do need my chocolate,,,,,

I can never remember the name Uluru,, I must practice.  I think it is disrespectful to call it Ayers Rock but I can't remember Uluru.  I've been wanting to see it for years.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

No not disrespectful, just that the indigenous name is Uluru. It is still known as Ayers Rock too.

You're on Glennie, either here or there, we will eat fish and chips on the beach!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Beach? Did someone say my mantra? My life line? Yes, I Love the beach! I grew up on the beach and all is right with the world if I have some sand between my toes! I do not eat fish and I am allergic to shell fish! Do no touch the stuff. When DS was a little guy he said that the fish shared their ocean with him so he wasn't going to eat them. I think he got over it-he now wats sushi! Lol so I will lounge by the sea upwind of the fish and chips!

Went to DGD's 5th birthday party. Drove one and a half hours and stayed for an hour. I love children, just not 20 of them running through the house screaming! My first husband and his wife were there. Weirdest thing-he won't look me in the eye. So strange. So those 20 kids had parents with them as well and it was a bit much! I think I would rather take GD to lunch and spend some time with her! I don't get to see her very often.

So, I guess I need to get a passport? And start saving!

Hope everyone is warm or cool down under. Time to take Ryan out. Check back later!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

Uluru is on my bucket list too. I have wanted to see it forever.

Grassy shade at the beach sounds just right to me. I burn to a crisp in no time. I turn bright red, then back to white. By the end of summer I'm the brown everyone else was on day 2. I love Hawaii, despite being a big white whale on the beach. Why does brown fat look so much better than white? Not a problem here because it is never warm enough for me to remove clothes. People born here swim, but people like moi who have experienced warm ocean water think they're crazy. I am in for the fish and chips.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

agree with the warm ocean water!!  Me too!!  Cannot take cold water!  We will have grassy shade for you Wren,,, or a large umbrella.  I try not to burn/tan,,, as I have had a skin cancer. I have the whitest legs in Florida.

and S loves the beach too!  YAY!!  Yes, get passport,, start saving.  Maybe you can take GD out for lunch soon,, just the two of you,, not so crazy as 20  5yearolds,,, OMG,,, can't imagine.  Wish you could see her more often.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

You ARE coming here, M, and we are going there! I will stay in the boat shed. Not L.

I can walk on the beach in the grassy shade, no problem. I want to eat out of newspaper! I love Bec already, as you know.

The Miami thing is that Miami is super-gay. Super. Have no idea why he wants to live in Miami -- did he see it on a clip at school or something? We had to stifle a laugh.

Grading essays while DLLP is watching the stupidest movie made in Canada. I have no idea what is going on in this movie whatsoever. What is the problem, Canada?

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

M- did you ever see the movie "The Birdcage"? It was filmed in Miami

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!!!

I got a really weird text today. Said there was a restriction on my debit card, and to call the number at the bottom. Didn't mention a thing about my bank!!!!

So I called my bank, they checked, all is ok on my card.

Scarey!

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

M, you can come here and we can all meet in Florida. We can do the beach, and Eocot, and even Disney.

What part of Canada is your friend from?

Bobo, what dumb Canadian movie are you watching? I can translate....since I AM CANADIAN! !!!

Glennie I have more photos of DP I got off the you tube video she made.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

ooooo, Andrea good job!!  Did you add to the Walgreens site?  That would be awesome!

Yes,, come to Orlando!!  We will all do Disney, Epcot, etc!! And then hit the beach.

The Birdcage is funny movie.   Wonder why W boy wants to live in Miami?  I am from Miami,, I do not want to live there,,, ever,,, again.  I hate to visit.

Spooks:  that is weird text,,,,,

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

You guys are coming to Australia?! Yay! I confess I have not been to Uluru either.

Z, thanks for sharing Bonds text.

Bobo, you do not have to love the beach for us to love you. Period.

I didn't understand the Miami thing either. You need to spell it out for us 'Strailyuns lol

Having trouble posting, awrrgh

DH and DD gone for a swim, we have a little beach just a few minutes walk from our house. They are water babies. DS and I are sitting in front of the air-con. It's too hot to be outside, 35 degrees. We are roasting whilst some of you gals are shovelling snow. Weird.

Thanks for the email G, will have a look at our DP. Xx