Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

M, have you seen the brand Sweet William? The have a non dairy and nut chocolate spread. Not as nice as Nutella, but pretty darn good. There is a lower sugar one too. Sold in health food shops and some supermarkets.

S, that party sounded pretty awful. That must be so awkward seeing your ex, and he won't look you in the eye! I would be tempted to get nose to nose with him, to make him more uncomfortable, and make him look you in the eye. Lol

Spookie, I too am happy that the school baked homemade goodies. I want to bake today, but it will just heat up the house more. :( I will find something to make that doesn't need the oven

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Thank you Betty.

The movie was called The Enemy, with Jake Gyllenhaal (sp?). I was like, WTF???

DLLP picked it. Now, because it was so bad, she has to make me some tea, give me a foot rub, and play, What sort of tattoo should I get?

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

never heard of that movie.  What tattoo are you going to get??

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

I hate page changes.. I don't like Jake whathisface much either... how do you win that game Bobo? Enjoy your foot rub and tea.

Ha! Andrea, that's what I did too.. I had her video bookmarked and just took photos out of it. I have one Spam interview, but the photo isn't that great in it. I had 2 other videos, but I can't find them in my bookmarks... I'll have to go through my history... one of them was the one in her kitchen, can probably get some good photos off that.

Yes, get passports and start saving... Australia next year. Dawny & M are you guys near each other at all? Glennie, where is the Ayer's Rock?

Those penguins are adorable.. poor things.

Forgot everything else I read... I'll catch up tomorrow.. kinda knackered.

*hugs*

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

We are leaving in morning for drive to airport to begin our long trip home hope to be home by midnight. Hope it is a smooth trip and there are no delays.we only have a one hour layover in Minneapolis.

I have an appt Monday with BS. My regular six month check up should be in in March but she wanted me in right away because I found a lump. I had to push appt back a week since we had to run out of the country.

I am not concerned about it. Probably just a cyst, like last time.

I will post photos on Walgreens Monday.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

Have a good trip Andrea. In your pocket for Monday.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

in the bag for Monday!!  Safe travels and make that connection!!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Andrea, in the bag with you on Monday! Have a safe trip home, let us know when you get there.

Can get the link to DP's video, I can't find it.

I got straight in to the Walgreens page! Yay, but I didn't have any pics to add.

I love Jake, but haven't seen that movie.

Dawn and I are in the same state, but about a 5 hour drive from each other, she is on the other side of Melbourne, down the coast from me. Now Uluru, hold your hats girls, is a 25 hour drive from Melbourne! So it would definitely be a flight. It is right, smack in the middle of Australia, which is possibly much larger, than you may think. Everything is a long distance, over here. Whatever, I'll go with you if you make it over here!

Sleep tight ldesim, catch you tomorrow!

Bobo, are you still getting a tattoo? What are you going for?

Yep, saw the Birdcage, loved it. I did know that about Miami, but thought it was maybe about it being lots of retired people, so didn't know what W boy was aiming for there. I love the Gelato color buildings and the Deco architecture.

Dawn, I do know Sweet William, I ate a block of their white chocolate recently:) but I haven't seen the spread.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

M:  what about the train?  How long would the train take to get there?  I knew it was smack dab in the middle.  Aus is about as big as the U.S.,,, big distances!  

I'm glad everyone can get into the site! This way we can all share the pics.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Andrea, that sounds like a good idea, I have been to Orlando before and loved it. I can't recall exactly where our guest is from, I will ask him. He is a friend of Colin's through the model yachting and sailing community.

Oh Sc, I figured you would do that big drive to see your Gd. Sorry it was a bit weird with the ex and there were so many kids. You're a good woman! Hugs!!!

Stinking hot here, Dex is asleep with all 4 legs in the air, under the overhead fan. I haven't even been down to see how Colin is doing at the beach at Sunset Cove. Didn't even get in the spa today, lazy day!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

good for you.  I'm clocking out at work,, taking Ava for quick walk and go to bed. See you all!!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Just found this. Dawn is just to the left of Melbourne on the coast and I am to the right of Melbourne up the coast toward Canberra. You can see where Ayers Rock/Ululru is right in the middle. Meant to say we have about 24 million people to the US 319 million.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Is anyone else not seeing this thread in their favorites anymore? I wonder if the Mods have locked it now?

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Its still in my favorites, M. One time it disappeared , but I think I accidentally pressed "Remove from favorites" instead of "Back to top" on my phone.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Got it! Thanks Andrea, I couldn't work out where it had gone ....Duh!Loopy

Off o bed now, catch you later....M x

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I got it,,, and wow,, thanks for the great map!  Going from Melbourne to Ayers Rock is like going from New Orleans to Denver,, a LONG trip.  Aus is a big country to try to see all in one trip,, unless you have a couple of months!  I was thinking 3 weeks,,,,

• javafriend
    javafriend Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2015
    Andrea, safe travels. At least weather is better today, so hopefully no delays. In the bag for appt. tomorrow.
    Bobo, you can sit and look beautiful in your bikini poolside rather than at the beach. No sand, and hopefully good waiters that way. What type of tattoo are you getting? I think I will eventually get one on my chest, depending on if I do reconstruction.
    Glennie, the course was on standardized tests and measures. Dry, but free CEUs. Your course sounds much more interesting. My DH grew up in Kissimmee and I lived in the Sanford area for a couple years in the 80s. I enjoy Disney and EPCOT a lot. We went last spring and were supposed to go again last fall, but this f'ing cancer decided to invade my body instead.
    M, that is a great map of Australia in comparison to North America. We will be taking a cruise out of Sydney to New Caledonia area--8 night cruise. The penguins in sweaters are adorable.
    SC, sorry that bay party was not so enjoyable. Maybe a bay lunch with GD another day?
    One of these days I will figure out how to add an avatar.
  • glennie19
    edited February 2015

yes, you must have an avatar!!  That does sound like a very dry course.  Can you do FreeCE.com?  Not sure if your profession is listed there. It is,, I think,,, $79 a year,, and you listen to a lecture live on your computer.  It can be technically "free" but they only have so many free slots for each class. By paying, you always have access to any and all classes. It's a great way to get "live" CE at home!  I'm going to this course because the subject is so interesting.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

Took boy to a magic show last night. Only five families showed up due to weather. Rain yesterday. Freezing temps last night. Crust on snow so hard it held up Sasafire!

I received a message from GrammaB. She's fine. Will pop in here one day to say hello.

More cold weather on its way. Just single temps but still may not have school. I've cleaned, cooked and cleaned some more.

Yes ldesim that is just like my BG in the video except mine is older! I think she's changed clothes about four times today going swimming on a blanket in the floor. Brought all four chairs out of her room to living room. A rocking chair, a baby high chair, a stool and a little chair. Playing train or bus. I got the stool:)

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

In the bag for Andrea.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

Daughter had sleepover last night and tells me today she got hit on the had with a large MAG flashlight. Apparently it fell (I'm hoping rolled and not fell) off the top of the couch onto her head. Bone over eye socket is red like an abrasion and slightly swollen. Hoping for no concussion...damn I hate worry like this. I swear this stuff pushes me over the edge. Last big sleepover like this her toenail got flipped back and was all bloody. I'm about to say no to any sleepovers where there are more than 2 kids! Tell me I am worrying for nothing....she has had no signs of a concussion.

Had my long chat with sleepover friend's mom - the psychologist. She said "take my advice for once and quit your job!". I think DP's passing is yet another wake up call that this isn't a dress rehearsal and I should try to find something I enjoy. I could live 20 years, I could live 5 or less. My thoughts are wrapped around the thinking that I should live like i have 5 years. In those 5 years, I should find something worthwhile to do. If I live more.. bonus. Sounds so logical, but it's so hard to put into action. I make a decent wage and sometimes it's just easier to get up and go to work then try to find something else. I remember watching Christina's video (DP's friend) and she said some powerful words about being stuck in a rut, or stuck in a job...that it's all an illusion.

Feeling sad today. Been thinking about DP and miss hearing from her. Maybe I miss cheering for her. She gave us a common thread to get behind and support. Geez.. am I depressing or what? I need some happy pills or some spring time weather or something! We are headed for yet another -25 degree night.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

(((PRB))  The winter can be sooo depressing. That doesn't help.  Missing DP too. It sucks.

Hoping DD is ok.  Hopefully just an abrasion.

It is so hard to change. It's hard to look for another job.  It is easier to stay with what you know. Only you can decide if you are ready for a change.

Can't remember who said this,, it was a female folk singer,,, "there's a very fine line between a groove and a rut".  That just popped in my head.  Make a pro and con list?  How can we help??   Why does friend say you should quit your job?  The stress of it?

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Good morning ladies! Hugs to you PRB, I bet we are all feeling flat about DP's passing. I miss her posts, just as I was going to bed, sometimes I would stay up for another hour, just shooting the breeze with her. She was such a great contributor here, that we will all miss her terribly. Then there is just the totally shitful, futility of it.

PRB, sorry your girl sustained an injury from the sleepover, sounds like just an abrasion, try not to worry too much. Do you feel your job is causing you too much stress? It is all very well for a professional to tell you to leave it, but is it ever, just that simple? I feel like Glennie, is there anything we can do to help?

You're such a good Mom Z, taking the boy to the magic show, in that weather. Oh, I remember playing "tram" in Aus with Bec, she loved to have a ticket clicker thing, little pieces of paper all over the floor.

So did GB say anything else about why she disappeared? Is her DD ok?

Lisa, I have done a cruise to New Caledonia from Sydney, which ship are you on? I have a GF who has never been on a cruise, trying to get me to go with her on one. I thought we may try one that goes up the east coast of Australia, I did that one with Bec, a few years ago, it was fantastic and could be good if my friend doesn't like being on the ship, she can get off and fly home easily. I love cruising, especially now that there are a lot leaving from Melbourne. I hate having to fly to Sydney, with restricted luggage allowances, to pick up the ship in Sydney which has no luggage restrictions. It's especially annoying when I travel with Colin, because there is so much stuff that has to be packed for him and my allowance shrinks. Some airlines just don't allow for that. Boo hiss!

Glad the map gave some insight into the size of the country, what about the difference in population? Shows why everything is cheaper to buy there for us.

Beautiful day here this morning, was going to head into town for some shopping, but the humidity is to be about 98% today, I hate the humidity.

Have a good day ladies, catch you later...M x

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

For years I had Johnny Paychecks song, Take this Job and Shove It as my ring tone. I hated driving bus, but for a lot of reasons, it was all I could do. And it had insurance.

The day I quit/retired, as I was driving home, I felt a great weight lift from me as I realized I never had to go back. It felt wonderful. All the stress, crap and bs was GONE.

I had no idea what I would do, turned out, nothing. Ca didn't appear for a few years, had other issues pop up, hospitals, etc.

my advise isto find something else.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

This is the weather today, don't think about the humidity! LOL

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Beautiful, M!!   I must post pic of the wood stork that came into the back yard yesterday.  Just a min,,,

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

yesterday's visitor. image

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

this is us today. not bad!image

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

As I step out into the tundra to pick up some Chinese food, I will envision all your beautiful WARM places..... and cry. :(

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I wish you could come down here and I would take you out for Chinese food.