Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

Andrea, You made me look up my last surgery. Feb 22, 2012 was my mx.

Bobo, It's not restful if you're doing household chores and working from home. Let the house go as much as you can. Houses with children are only neat when cleaned for company. DD said the picture of her life was with her vacuuming while GS walked behind her eating crackers. Go to yoga and/or exercise if you enjoy it. Yoga always made me feel more energized.

I thought a memorial service was open for anyone to attend and no one was invited. Maybe the ex will decide not to come. Maybe the family wants people to know she didn't always live in sin. Having lived in Texas, I'm sure there are people who considered it just that. I just hope people realize that Bond needs as much support as the GPs. I think squabbling over things is more the norm than we realize. But then it was my Dad who didn't speak to 2 of his sisters for 15 years, so perhaps my vision is warped.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

(((S)))) not LE too.  SUCKS!!   In the bag for the LAST F***king infusion!  Champagne!!

Bobo:  I have sublingual B12 I get from PCP.  Maybe that would be worth trying. How much Vit D do you take? 

MRI went fine.  Had nice tech.  Clean sheet and blanket. I asked him to talk to me in between scans so I would know how long I had left and he was great about it.  **You are doing fine, next scan will be 7 mins**   BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

"you are doing great. Last scan only 5 mins. Hang on" BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ     DId my mantra. Kept eyes closed so I don't feel like I'm in a tube.  **may I be balanced.  May I be at peace." 

I have been to this place for MRI's so many times, I should have my own personalized chair.  At least 3 of neck and 2 of breasts,,,,  I have to say they are efficient there.  Not much waiting!  Hopefully will be able to pick up the report tomorrow. Usually it is ready the next day.

Poor Bond.  This crap is not what he needs!

Sounds like there might be a Maryland/Virginia get together in the works for spring!  WOOOT!!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Um, no Vitamin D? Confession: I am not taking my multivitamin -- went off them before sx, never went back on, no one notices or is making me do it.

Good job getting through that MRI!!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Maybe go back on the multivitamins??  Take extra Vitamin D, 1000 - 3000 IU daily.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

I asked my pain doc to run the D. MO requested it, I can't find it on lab report. I do 5000 d3. Make sure it's D 3. I'm also supposed to be doing B12, but if I do, I can't sleep.

ND. Yes, complain about being really fatigued and achey. Maybe that will get it. Run it through your insurance, not medicare if you ca

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Okay Spookie. Getting it on amazon. X

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Spookiesmom, insurance won't pay anything Medicare won't, never had this trouble before, dh had his level of d checked and no problem! And Medicare is the prime insurance now. It seems if my bone density tests comes back bad then they will ok it.

Wow , DP spottings , yesterday we were at a basketball game of gs and I did a double take, a lady walked by and it would have been DP that was a few years older, too bad DP never got the chance to complain about getting older! Hugs to Bond

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Poor Bond.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

wtf? issues over Funeral.. really people? I get disgusted hearing that.. she would have nipped that shit in the bud. I agree with Wren, anybody is invited to services whether they be at a funeral home or place of worship. It's the afterwards that people are invited or not. You're vision isn't warped Wren, it does happen all the time over Funerals, over the deceased's possessions, over children in divorces.. people can just be assholes when you least need them to be. He's an ex for a reason... of course she wouldn't want him there... he should be respectful enough not to show up too. That's my opinion anyways.

ND, so funny you saw her double too! Maybe we will all get visits?

Bobo, please keep in mind that stress might contribute to cancer.. you should relax more and find ways to do so... pushing yourself every once and awhile is one thing, you are constantly doing it. I understand "it won't get done" but sometimes it just won't get done and life will go on. Listen to Jennie! Nice post Jennie!!

Glennie, glad you scan went ok.. fingers crossed you get our results tomorrow.

S, in the bag for you to for take #2 of last infusion :) Sorry about the lymphedema.. that just sucks royally. Guess you got out of shoveling now.....

Fia, haha.., I have to show this one to Joe... "Bitch I used to be " versus the "Bitch on steroids " Except I'll put Tamoxifen in there.

We are never going to be "normal" or the women we once were.. it's impossible. For instance, today I had awful pain where the breast was removed.. I don't know what's behind the ribcage, but I was very sore... so much so (and it's been bothering me off an on for a couple of days), that I pulled my wallet apart looking for somebody's card to call the hospital. It has abated since then.. and I'm still slightly concerned, but I think I'm just being paranoid.... but this is our new normal now.. period. The other day, shooting pains in my head. I didn't panic, but it crossed my mind.

I wish one of you guys was from Boston, so I'd have a lunch buddy too :( I'm jealous :)

Z, sorry bout Sass... you still have Firebob right? :) I hope you feel better.

Ok, that's all i remember for now :)

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

so true. The new normal. The dust bunnies aren't going anywhere. Let the kids draw in the dust. Crummy floors, don't mop untill you stick to them! If your house is clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy, you are ok.

You need to rest! Take a chill pill, a book, give yourself permission to be a slug and take care of YOU for a while.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

OMG! You guys are so sweet. But I am the one who needs the house clean! Spooks, if my house looked like that I'd go out of my mind!

Just took the kids out for burgers/hot dogs and french fries. I never do that. Good girl!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Bobo, since you asked, you know what I am going to say, "sit down and stay down" for a bit. Do a list, prioritize, you are way to important, to be run ragged all the time.Believe me, brain fog isn't alzheimers, it is the drugs from the anesthesia and the infections and the terrible stress you went through all rolled into one. Do yourself a favor, go to the Doctor and get the blood work done, or go to a Naturopath and get yourself back on track with some supplements, or you could suck it up and just put a scoop of Green Vibrance in your Vitamix soup, you need rest and nutrition. The yoga is important too. Once you take care of you, the other stuff, will fall into place. End of rant! M x

I have to dash out, so many posts to answer, I will be back later...M x

What is it about fucktard behavior and funerals?

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2015

Last time I went to the RO, told the nurse I was still struggling with major fatigue, and she said something like "are you doing too much?" I said, define that! I have to do what has to get done. But inside I was thinking, your boss is one of the dicktors that told me I should be "back to normal" by now, so why are you talking about "doing too much"?? Sigh.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Let's remove one of his testies and put him on hormonal drugs and see how fast he is "back to normal".

Spookie, I think you went to far with sticking to the floors.... lol... I knew reading it she wouldn't like that :)

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

I found DP's obituary....searched on her name and February 18, 2015.

DP's obituary

edited: first one I posted was for a cremation site...this one is the real deal.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Thank you for the link PRB. <sigh> I think I will have another glass of wine. I really miss her. Enough said

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I was missing her this morning while I was watching Perricone. I still think she is here, actually, and think about calling her or texting to tell her about the TSV, and then I remember.

Idesim, you make me laugh. I think I have a short list of people whose testes I would like removed. I don't want to do it myself, though.

Jennie, 'doing too much' is not hard, is it? Things need to be done, don't they? I don't think people are at all aware of what a woman does in a day. And this far out from sx -- or all through sx -- there isn't much day to day support, generally, for women, is there? Just imagine if a man went through what we've been through -- he'd never lift a finger again, and people would, like, hire someone's sister to go live with them and cook them things. Wait, that was me. Except I was not paid.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Okay, M, I will make an appointment with the Dicktor, and I will order up some more Green Vibrance. Oh, how I loathe that stuff.

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

Just sayin'. You asked

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

About the way it is!!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

I'm thinking about releasing balloons at 11 am on Sat in her honor. Anyone else?

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

Um, no, I wont. Not good for our local birds and sea life

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

Have a more environmentally friendly idea?

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited February 2015

What about ...................  Each of us scatter a package of forget me not's  (zills thanks for thinking of  this last week)............. Those of you that can scatter them now..........Those of us that are snowed in scatter when we can..................

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Middle name, Renee.. very pretty. I liked the best friend T and four legged babies.... dunno why they couldn't have said partner T though. Love that picture of her. Applaud them putting breast cancer and not "long illness" or whatever bs they usually put. It was very touching and personal.

Finished my Nutella.

Cute comic Spookie and OH SO TRUE!

Not sure what to suggest Z, besides crying ;/

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Fia, I'll be lucky if I'm able to do that by July :) I do love the forget me not idea though.. and I think I will plant some this year.

I get Z's point, for us to do something as a group at the time of the service as if we were there. She didn't drink, so can't have a drink... eat spam? ha.. hey.. this is totally farfetched.. but I wonder if it would be possible to get one of her favorite presenters to say something.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

meant to say QVC presenters....

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

I'm still reading back through this thread and came across this... this is just so creepy.....

"When I was a teenager I had this psychotic boyfriend. He was obsessed with thinking he knew what age he was going to die. So he would play this game if asking people what's your number. I gave it a lot of thought and my answer was always 34. I had completely forgotten about all that nonsense until a couple of months ago. It's spooky."

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

I could scatter them, better suited for up north. Maybe I could pick up a plant for my yard.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

That is really spooky. What if the snowed in folks scattered some bird seed. I'm sure the birds would appreciate it. We handed out forget-me-not packages at BIL's memorial. After they went back home, GS informed his Mom that his uncle was in his soul catcher (pointing to his diaphragm). His Mom asked if she was in there too. He said no, not until she died. I think we all have a soul catcher and part of her will be with us always.