Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

LOL@Ideism looking up Bobo's words. I'm so proud that I didn't look it up!! I was yelling "ministration, ministration" - hoping she'd hear me and show up with a dictionary. :)

I know 2 people who have had very successful back surgeries - if that helps G. Hoping you find a different solution.

LE is such a weird thing. I was fine for months, then had a flare-up a few weeks ago, and it's now just going down. I have absolutely no idea what caused it to flare.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Can LE flare with stress? I will look it up.

You guys are wack. Emerita is the feminine for emeritus, it is perfectly acceptable to use the feminine adjective since our M is female. And she has retired from professional life as a fluffer but is still allowed to hold the honorary title. I am sure M understands this perfectly. You mock me for no reason!

Unless you are implying that M currently holds the professional title of fluffer.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Went to PT for balance, not lymphedema. I have to get an order to see PT for lymphedemia. So I have put in calls to set up an appointment so I can be evaluated by dr and get an order. Waiting for call back.... Why do they make it all so hard? Leave a message and we will get back to you. Out of Gabapentin called that dicktor back and requested it again. Seriously, if I had done my job like this, I would have been fired! And here I wait, feeling like shit! Okay Rant over.

Thank you Bobo for saying I was a badass. At least someone thinks so. My family thinks I am a wuss. Just once I would like someone to do something other than think about themselves. So over them and ready for a vacay!

I will feed the birds, light a candle and listen to Tori Amos tomorrow. I am sure DP is saying enough already, let's get the show on the road! If I could, I would buy something from QVC. Maybe I will anyway. Just because I know she will like that!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

Glennie, My niece had cervical fusion this past fall and it went well. The only thing she complained about was not being able to drive the following week.

I'm OK with going ahead tomorrow. Wonder if we should tell Bond?

Zills, Sassafire will find a new home with no or much older children. It won't be long before they are old enough to learn how to treat animals. In the meantime, things could go very wrong, so you made the right decision.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I am going to throw the birdseed as well. I don't give an F about the family drama and postponement. And, if Z wants, I will throw something next week as well. Whatever Z wants.

S, your family can bite me! You are obviously a bad-ass. If they can't see that they need glasses. Speaking of which, had my eyes checked this week: I have the vision of a sixty-year-old. Yikes. Had to send away my glasses, and now I am wearing sunglasses at the college. My students think it is cool and hilarious. Meanwhile, I am blind!

Okay. I think I may have something. Was just reading a magazine (our princess home sick) and QVC IS HAVING A SPECIAL EVENT! Eighty percent of proceeds go to Cancer and Careers (to help women warriors network, look good, and have good outfits for the workplace). That just sounds right up DP's alley: she is a career woman who loves QVC and loves makeup and cream shopping.

It is done like dinner! I will be shopping this event (I never shop QVC, just watch). And anyone who wants to do it with me -- we will jump on her thread and tell each other what we are getting!

Tried to do one of these ca benefits before, and everything sold out quickly. There are usually some very inexpensive things, so anyone who wants to can participate. Who is with me?

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
  • bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself, FFS. Ca and Careers is a better charity than I'd thought.

Cancer and Careers was established by the Cosmetic Executive Women Foundation, the charitable arm of Cosmetic Executive Women, Inc., a nonprofit trade organization of executives in the beauty, cosmetics, fragrance, and related industries. The Cancer and Careers program is dedicated to empowering and educating people with cancer to help them thrive in their workplace. Through the expert advice, interactive tools, and educational events they provide, they've become the go-to resource for cancer patients and survivors nationwide. Their vision is to eliminate fear and uncertainty for working people with cancer. They strive to do so by offering an informative website, free publications, career coaching, and a series of support groups and educational seminars for employees with cancer, their healthcare providers, and their coworkers.

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

The link had a typo in it....here's the link... I think? Cancer and Careers - QVC event

Looks like it's not until April 15th, if I'm reading that right.

Just bought a big ol' bag of bird seed and am ready for tomorrow...and next week too if necessary. I may just throw it out there every Saturday until spring in DP's honor.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Tune into this year's broadcast Wednesday, April 15th at 10pm ET

We should mark our calendars for it.  Sounds good to me.

Dear DP:  want you to know I have been doing some retail therapy.  Will post in a minute the cool bird I bought for the backyard. Today I bought some pansies which I'll plant tomorrow for you and throw some birdseed.  I also bought a new stepladder to make my life a little easier. I know you would approve.  Yes, I know I need new shoes,,, promise to get to that soon.  love, glennie

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

• wren44
    edited February 2015

Awesome bird! I know DP loves it.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Ooh, it looks pretty!

PRB, I am practically blind with no glasses! So I made a typo! I know you just wanted to make one of those fancy links of yours... :)

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself. Correcting my other typos. It's not 'eight percent' of the proceeds going to ca and careers. It's eighty percent.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

Love the bird Glennie

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited February 2015

Great Bird Glennie,

OMG Green trees and grass ! All there is here is miles and miles of cold white shit !!!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Great bird Glennie! Looks lovely

Geez Bobo-blind like you are 60? What does that say about us? I am very farsighted, and near sighted now. One would think they would have cancelled eachother out, but just made my eyesight FUBAR. Then there is that whole focusing thing. Got that from correcting too many essays for too many years! Lol poor eyesight is an occupational hazard! My ex had his 60 year old eyes fixed by laser. Doesn't even wear glasses at 65. Something to think about?

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

LOL Bobo.. "fancy links" are all I have against your 5 syllable words! I'm just trying to stay in the game here :)

Fia - I thought the same thing at Glennie's cute bird picture... oh wait.. I wasn't quite that nice.. I was more about "damn, if I see one more nice picture of warm climates, I'm gonna scream". We are going to get close to 40 on Tuesday. I can't remember ever longing more for spring in my life. I believe they said this is the 4th coldest February in history for Michigan.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

I asked the stage IV ladies just this week about LASIK. They said it makes your eyes drier. Nooooo. Plus chemo/tamox can cause fuzzy vision. Darn it.

Count me in bobo. Just remind me.

Have birdseed and forget me nots too but single digits tonight and about 5" of solid snow/ice.

My back and feet ache. DH offered to draw me a bath but too stinkin tired to get up. Maybe I'll feel better after tomorrow. Loaded up with a pill for this and a pill for that:)

Glennie have you ever been flocked?

• wren44
    edited February 2015

PRB, I took a photo of the flowers in my yard and have not posted it out of concern for your feelings. It would make you sob.

I'll need cataract surgery in the near future. I hear it can really improve your vision. Mine isn't too bad except for close up. The names of lipsticks are a total mystery to me. I would need a really powerful magnifier to read them on the ends of the tubes.

• wren44
    edited February 2015

I looked up the forecast for Ft. Worth on weather.com. An inch of snow followed by freezing rain. I wouldn't want to drive anywhere in that. I do feel badly for Bond. I'm sure he needs the closure and waiting a week just makes it harder.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

HA! I thought Z had lost it... read "flocked" as something else at first.. i was like OMG! See below re eyesight.. lol.

Z, you should have taken the bath, that was sweet of DH. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Wren, I appreciate your not flaunting your flowers.. but now I want to see them too!! Speaking of flowers.. Spookie, that was the greatest picture... it makes me want to go do that now lol.

PRB, I know right.. a sea of friggin white.. white all around.. any color at all would be an improvement! We were in the low 30's last Sunday and it felt like a Spring day.. ridiculous.. it's minus temps our there again today ;(

Lasik is something that scares me to be honest.. just imagine the tiniest mistake.... I've worn contacts for years, they got slightly worse over the years, but then chemo happened.. now I'm in progressive lenses being both near and far sighted.

Bobo, what a fantastic find.. that tics all the boxes and something nice to do. I was familiar with the website, had been there before.. but the partnering with QVC and fashion & makeup makes it the perfect thing to do for DP!!

Glennie, I love your bird! Glennie, you made me sniffle a bit with the DP post, that was so sweet. How did the visit go with your friend? I'm excited as I am seeing one of my GF's who I haven't seen in close to 2 years, meeting her and another friend for dinner tomorrow.. can't wait!

I'm snickering at Bobo catching it from S.. hahaha.. you are a bad-ass S!!! :)

Java.. just the phrase banana hammock makes retch a bit lol. I'm so glad you enjoyed the "pouch" :)

Not sure yet what I am going to do tomorrow.. I might play the song she always had in her signature. I'm going to take a look at QVC and see if there is anything there that I might like.. I used to love that place years ago, used to be they had fantastic deals, but I don't think the deals they have now are so great and the shipping is expensive (sorry DP!!!!). For me, if it's not free shipping, I usually won't buy it.

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

Oh Wren... I can take it. Post your picture :) I will be a good... promise! Maybe I need to start looking at it differently.. like.. look at what's just around the corner for us.

Wow, that's a lot of snow and ice for Texas. I'm sure the whole place shuts down. Snow is fairly easy to handle under a few inches, but ice is tough even for us seasoned Eskimos.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Oh man, Bond posted on her legacy site.. I'm choked up.. so sweet... poor guy.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

I think she's baiting you Wren, she's trying to get you to post it, then she's going to cuss you out!

Oh yeah, they shut down.. they were cancelling things 2-3 days in advance! Do they even have snow plows?

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Oh Java, you have me laughing out loud, banana hammock, I am going to use that, never heard of it before, we call them "Budgie Smugglers" and our totally disgusting Prime Minister, is photographed wearing them all the time, it seriously, makes me throw up, in my mouth!

I am so sorry for Bond too, I think we should just go ahead too, with our own planting and scattering etc, Good grief, Sheila spent so much time waiting around for things to happen, it just seems so bloody shitful that she is still waiting. I am sure she'd be rolling those beautiful eyes and cussing right now, too! FFS already!

Glennie, I loved your letter to DP and your bird is fabulous! I know you don't want to be reminded, but I know several women who have had laminectomies and one who had a fusion, each one says they can't believe how good the results are. I totally get, your concerns, though.

Thank you Bobo, I knew what you meant! LOL I got my pictures, thank you so much!

Andrea, I did ask about the Campbell River and Victoria and the guest says he has a cabin there where they used to go fishing, but his disability has put an end to that. He and Colin are at Sunset Cove racing model boats right now.

ldesim, I just checked the legacy site too, my heart breaks for him. I am glad to see our entries there.

Wren, I had one cataract done years ago, my lens went cloudy from the cortisone I take for the RA, no one could say why just one eye, though. Easy peasy, no drama, even though eye stuff usually, grosses me out a bit. I had a patch for one day, but when I woke the following morning my vision was so clear, I was embarrassed that my windows looked dirty! I had to have laser on the new lens they put in, a few weeks later, just to polish it up. I did have a bit of a dry eye for a while, but I had drops to fix that. I really don't need glasses now, but I like things to show up really sharp, so I still have my glasses for reading and writing and they have transition lenses which I like rather than having to take sunglasses with me everywhere.

ldesim and Bobo, you know I'd join you on QVC, in a heartbeat, but they won't take my money, so I will have to just live it, through you two.

• wren44
    edited February 2015

I'll just have to test it out, I guess. Note moss on sidewalk.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Wren, that is so pretty! Daffodils already!

I carry a box cutter when I walk Dex, to lift moss to transplant to the brick planters in my garden.

• wren44
    edited February 2015

We have moss on our front steps (on the riser part) that we can't get rid of. It's green all winter, goes brown in the summer, and right back to green when the rains begin again. I have considered a moss garden. There are some really beautiful mosses.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

I love moss too and have done the painting of pots with yogurt and milk to make moss cover the posts. Wren you can get rid of moss from steps by scraping the moss off and wetting the steps with a bleach and water mix, leave for half an hour and rinse off. You can keep the bleach and water in a spray bottle and use it when you see any moss reappearing.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited February 2015

DP,

I got up this morning and my Christmas cactus was in full bloom.  It has never bloomed before so I know its you . At 11 today I will log in and make a donation to Chewy's House to support all the fur babies you loved . I have the spam and will donate it to a woman's shelter.  I thought I might take a bite ..........but I can't .  Ok I know that made you laugh.......................  

Troy...........if you read this you should know "she was our everything" also ................... As M says she had to wait for everything and its shitful that you have to wait another week.