Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Oh Wren,, that is beautiful thought about the soul catcher.  Z:  I think I will scatter some bird seed at 11 on Sat.               I keep thinking about the stork that came to visit me. It was all alone (previously I had seen storks in pairs)  and it looked right at me. I keep wondering if it was her.  If so, she is flying free. I watched her take off and she was beautiful in flight.

Bobo:  I'm glad you took the kids out to eat. Smart move. Listen to Dr M.  she is so smart.

Spooks:  great cartoon except why does woman with BC have two perky breasts?  Are those prosthetics?? Totally true about man with flu.

L: wishing you were here to have lunch with.  It's too damn cold for me to be in Boston. Come here and I'll feed you gourment hamburgers or anything else you want.  And L:  that was really creepy what DP said about age 34. OMG,,, Just freaky.  Psyching myself up to look at obit.

Side note:  went to see Jersey Boys with friends. We have had the tickets for ages. It was excellent play. Would definitely recommend it.  The story of Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons.   

• javafriend
    javafriend Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2015

To badly misquote Shakespeare "Now is the winter of our discontent".  Another 2-4 inches of snow expected overnight.   I am supposed to have radiation early tomorrow morning, followed by a trip up to Walter Reed (about 55 miles) for onc. visit/Herceptin infusion.  I will have to call hotlines in the morning to see if places are open. 

SC, I am in southern Maryland, about 35 miles south of DC.  I like the idea of getting together in the spring with you and Andrea.  I am willing to meet anywhere.

Glennie, I am glad the MRI went well. 

Wren, I like the idea of us all having a "soul catcher" to carry around parts of loved ones inside us.  I feel we best honor those we have loved and lost by keeping them in our memories.

Bobo, it can't hurt to try a multi-vitamin with extra D and B12.  And be kind and gentle to yourself.  You are a superwoman, but still need nurturing.

I know I had more to say, but can't think right now.  Time for bed. Have a great night all.  Keep safe and sweet dreams.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

I am going to find something nice to plant in my garden, in her name.

That's very weird ldesim! Gave me goosebumps.

I agree about the Obit, I would have liked to see T as her partner & best friend, too!

That cartoon is so true!

Bobo, you're a good girl! I promise you'll feel better. You know I don't mean to nag you, but your body can only take that much stress, for so long and them stuff happens. You don't have to pull back forever, just till you can build up to a decent level again and you'll know when you can start going for it, again. Be kind to yourself.

S so sorry to hear about the LE, just brings it home, that it is always possible. Hugs to you!

nd, you too! I wonder how many more sightings there will be?

ldesim, I am sorry you're feeling like that with the scary pain. I would be your lunch buddy! M x

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

In one of the Spam articles, Bond was her "roommate"  ha.  C'mon, say partner, boyfriend, poor bond.

Over here our car numberplates have recently changed, we now have a number, letter, letter, space, number letter, letter.  E.g. 1AB 2CD.  All I keep seeing at the moment is 1DP blah blah blah.  There is only 1 DP.  That is spooky about the 34.  Gave me goosebumps too.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

I love the soulcatcher oo. I am trying yo catch up with the osts from theis morning, just remembering a beautiful post by Jennie,

Sleep well javafriend!

Thinking of you Glennie!

Need to make afternoon tea, will be back...M x

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

ok so we will try to do something at 11 on Saturday? Scatter seeds, drink tea, listen to Tori Amos, whatever you feel the need to do?

I wonder if that guy knows about her answer being 34 and that she's gone?

Yes I wish bond had been listed as something else.

Need to get crackin. Meeting a gf to hold me hand while I send Sasafire back. I absolutely hate being in this position. And yes Firebob and his two brothers are still around. They are supposed to be barn cats but have turned into garage cats that sneak into the house.

Sorry. Can't seem to keep up with our comings and goings and sightings.

Have a good Thursday!

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Our best tribute to DP is our continued friendship. She brought us all together and we will keep her memory alive together.

We are reminded how precious and fragile life is and how we need to take care of ourselves first so we can fully care for those we love.

I remember her saying that L, and thought about it often since she told us. Freaks me out.That is why I wont do those games online.

Will think of something special to do at 11:00 Saturday, not sure quite what yet.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

I will be at yoga on Saturday morning, as usual -- I've spent the last weeks trying to send DP some strength and warmth and comfort from there. Now she doesn't need that anymore, so I try to work out how I feel about it. I don't understand why she was treated that way.

I think DP would want us to buy a treat for ourselves on QVC!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Oh, Bobo,, you are so right. DP would want us to buy something on QVC!!

Dawny:  how weird about the license plates.  It must drive you nuts to see that everywhere.  I saw Bond as "roommate" too.  Dumb.   Why not boyfriend??

Z:  I am with you at 11AM on Sat.  Definitely bird seed,, maybe I'll get some flower seeds too.   Or i will plant something for her.  I'm sorry about Sassafras but you are doing the right thing.  It's not always easy to do the right thing either.  Insert the F word here.

Andrea: that was lovely statement. Yes to continuing our friendships that DP brought up together on this thread.  You all are very important to me.  Hoping to meet you all in person one day.   **NOLA**    **Australia**  **Epcot**

M:  did you have tea?  I had the most lovely lemongrass tea at the Thai place this week.

We had BIG storm last night.  Out back,  a dead tree cracked at the bottom and is now leaning up against another tree. Wondering if the Association can get the lawn guys to take it out.  Those guys are rather useless, quite honestly.  I don't have chain saw and it is too big a job for me.

Gentle Yoga this AM.  With Bobo !!! 

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Z, I have birdseed and I will sprinkle it on Saturday morning before yoga. I have the good kind, a sack of it, bought from the place Glennie goes. X

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

I'll get my hands on some birdseed or do something else at 11 AM... maybe buy some foundation or something on QVC. It's not like she's far from my mind anyways.. can't seem to shake her.

Have the doldrums going on... I am going out to lunch with an office friend and we are going to order nachos which is a ridiculous pile of nachos with chili and buffalo chicken and should probably feed 4, but we are splurging haha.

Z, sorry you are having to go through this, I'm sure it is sad.. I am glad somebody is going with you... stop off for a treat after.

So, obviously the atty that offered the timeshare to me in DR went as I haven't seen him this week at all, which means another week or so until I can get any info.... in the meantime, my GF calls me up today and wants to go to Universal for about 3 days in April... I told her to find out how much and I'll see.. WTF all these vacations being avail to me all at once? What about the years I could afford it and had nobody to go! Geez.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Andrea, that was really sweet btw.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

trying to steal a car in Aus!!!!!imageimage

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

L, I would love to get together with you too. But you are an eskimo living in the arctic...wait, I am Canadian (made soft by living south of the 49th parallel so long) I can strap some snowshoes over my Mukluks, put on a warm parka and a toque (pronounced Toook...Canadian name for winter hat )hitch my dog to a sled and come see you......or,

Wait until we can get together in a warmer place. Yep. That gets my vote!!

Let's all raise our cups or glasses of whatever we are drinking at 11:00 Saturday (Texas time I presume) and say a toast to our dear friend DP, and each other!!

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2015

We will all be together in spirit, Saturday at 11am Texas time. I expect to feel it.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

There is a cute video on facebook titled "I hate snow". I can't give a link, but I am sure you can find it! Yes, I now hate snow...the dogs are driving me nuts! (I know it is a short trip! Lol) love to all,

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

That Koala is SO stinkin' cute.

I dunno why when I posted on her guestbook, my name didn't come up.. oh well.

I'm in a nacho coma... feel a little better.

Hell Andrea, my weather should be a Spring day for you, coming from Canada and all :)

So, let's get busy with NOLA plans whoever is going... need something to look forward to and saving towards.

Jennie, your kitty is adorable btw.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

she's on central time.

From bond.

We are having a horse drawn carry call up to the front of the center ohio with sheila at a little bit before 11 and in the pastor speaks at 11 o'clock I would imagine by 1130 we turn it over to people that want to speak and then were going to do mass balloon release

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015
    That sounds lovely!
  • Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

did you leave the Tori Amos quote? It takes awhile for it to post.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Yes. oh that is so sweet.. she would love carriage and balloons.. I'm getting teary again. Poor Bond, this must have been the longest week for him.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Good point Z about central time.

yeah, what made me notice is I saw your name!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

OK done, saw yours Z, gosh that's tough isn't it.

Will be back, M x

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Oh, good thing you mentioned it was Texas time,, that will be Noon here.   I'll scatter my birdseed then.  She would love the carriage and the balloons. Need something with fairies.

My MRI is all f*cked up. Rheumy called me himself.  You know it is not good news when it is not the nurse calling. And I can't understand a lot of the terminology. C3/C4:  "Advanced right-sided degenerative facet changes with associated subarticular reactive bone marrow edema and suspected new right subligamentous synovial facet CYST potentially compromising the right C4 spinal nerve and demostrate mild mass effect on the cervical cord."   Yeah, I understand the word CYST and compromising the spinal nerve,, but what the hell is bone marrow edema???

And: there is small high signal intensity lesions in the thyroid gland most suspicious for thyroid cyst/nodule. WTF???  He is sending me back to PCP for that.  FFS,, I was just at her office 2 days ago!!

So I did some garden therapy and some retail therapy.  I bought a birdhouse  and a bobbing flamingo statue for the back.  I feel the need to get all my garden work done soon cuz I just know I'll be forbidden from doing any in the near future.  I raked until I ran out of lawn bags.

And I found a baby corn snake out back!  It was bright orange. I covered it back up with leaves so it would warm up.

Yoga with Bobo today!  It was awesome.  She made me some rice pudding which I'll have for dessert tonight.  There will be a lot of mind-numbing TV watching tonight.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Shit G, I am sorry about the MRI, I have heard that Bone Marrow Edema mentioned in the context of Rheumatoid/Arthritis before, I am pretty sure it is the water content or something similar, in the marrow, not dangerous.

I would have done all the retail and garden therapy too! Try to relax, I know it is hard, I am in the bag for any appointments, tell me what to bring!

I'll be back, M x

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

OK,, I am freaking now.  I did some research to try to understand all of these terms. Synovial cysts usually occur in the lumbar part of the spine.  There have been only 28 documented cases of symptomatic cervical synovial cysts.  Great,, so I'm #29???  I am case study?? I bet the prick dicktor will be excited.

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

Sounds like you have a cyst on the disc pressing on the nerve. Dr Spookie here says a laminectomey is in your future. Been there, done that too. Neuro did the lami, disaster. Ortho did fusion, MUCH better all around!!

No ideas about the thyroid.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

In the bag for PCP, G! Do not overdo it in the yard. And can you please stay away from Dr. Google, if possible? :)

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

That was Dr Spookie. LOL

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I was googling to try to understand some of these terms. Came across this NCBI article about the cervical synovial cyst, and yes, it's scary.  Spooks,, please do not tell me any scary spinal surgery stories.  I am already freaked enough about possible having spinal surgery.

Bobo:  The rice pudding was yummy. Thank you again.