Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

I've never seen balloons like this. Close up gives her name and dates. Rest in peace DP.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

I know eh?! I certainly cannot complain about the medical attention I get here.

Radiologist said she doesnt think it is angiosarcoma (which is rare but can occur from radiation treatment), but if it is not an infection (got meds for that) then she is leaning towards IBC.

Both cancers don't show up on screening and therefore a biopsy is necessary. But first things first, I will hope it is an infection. I see my MO still tomorrow and go back to BS for follow up in one week. Only pain I have is on the side underboob area. Right in the rib.

Anyway, will put it out of my mind and spend the day trying to upload photos of new pup...who, might I add did not whimper at all his first night here. Not sure how thrilled Diva was sharing the cage with him though. Lol.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

Thank you everyone for your support. I feel better knowing I have you all.

Zills, thank you so much for posting the pics from Bond. They were awesome. What a great send off. I especially loved the balloons floating up in the beautiful blue sky.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2015

Oh what beautiful pictures.. thanks Zills and Bond. That horse drawn carriage makes me just cry! Her farewell party was grand, and I am sure her welcome into Heaven was even much more grand, such a beautiful lady and soul. Bond must be so heartbroken.

Andrea, sending you the biggest (((hugs))) thinking positive thoughts that all is ok. Enjoy your new puppy!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

ND, Hugs. I need to know if Canadian Chinese food is different too. I'm trying to persuade DH to go up to Vancouver for a couple of days. I swear he has grown roots.

Andrea, In your pocket. Let us know as soon as you know. Hugs.

Zills, Thanks for the photos. I'm going to keep the balloon picture in my mind. The others are too sad.

M, I'm so jealous. My cousin is posting pics on facebook of her with her DS, DIL and Gchildren in Australia. Grrrr.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

omfg.. I am laughing at my desk uncontrollably.. special sparkly nail... alien spawn salad.. oh Fia, you are just too much... you were being generous, she is really pretty thick...... bless her heart...... I say LETS DO IT on the clock idea.. it can have various settings.

Then switch to teary seeing the pics.. I think DP would have approved, everything looked very lovely. Love the balloons... they reminded me... she had a website for delerium designs that she wanted to start and that was her logo.... I recall her saying she purchased the domain name. It would be nice to do something with that for her.. wouldn't it? :(

I'll catch up more later... good to see you ND!!! *hugs*

Andrea, in the bag for you.... I'll check in shortly to make sure everything is ok.

*waves*

• wren44
    edited March 2015

A flicker is a medium sized member of the woodpecker family. They drum with their beaks to attract females and assert their territory. It can be pretty noisy and they start early in the morning (our alarm clock). I watched one enlarging a tree cavity. It would peck and flick the piece of wood over it's shoulder. Obvious where the name came from.

• ndgirl
    edited March 2015

Chinese food in Canada doesnt seem too much different than other areas around our state, but they do always have what they call chop suey which is veggies cut up and in a sauce not sure what maybe oyster. It is good, not my fav but tasty, I dont see that at all in our chinese places around the state. The lemon chicken was wonderful! I think many of the Chinese around Canada (here) are maybe from Hong Kong. There is to be a new one opening in the next town up so will try that out too.

I need to get off my butt and send DP's Grands a sympathy card, shame on me, should have had it done before this. Did anyone else get it done? They must be so devasted.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015

Thank you for the pictures, Z. That was very kind of Bond to send them. (Reality sucks today!) Poor LM! Daylight Savings Time always wrecks havoc on kids and many adults too. So much going on at once no wonder she had an accident. I always told myself not to worry because by the time she/he grows up and gets married she/he won't be doing it anymore and if she/he is it won't be your problem. All were dry by the time they were married/sleeping with someone! Lol truth be told it will pass, figuratively and literally! I can't imagine having cows and folds! My DD would love it as cows are her favorites! She says she is getting one after med school. (I think she better hire someone to take care of it!)

With you all the way Andrea! I brought my piña coladas, hope I wasn't too noisy! Can't wait to see puppy pics. Did you name him Teddy because he looks like a bear?

Fia-You need to write all the GF stuff down! If you don't want to write a book, you could sell it to a stand-up! I keep having to change my pants! Bless her heart.....

Glennie are you doing okay today? I know you are tired! Was the class worth it?

Good to see you ND. So about Canadian Chinese Food?????

Wren- never seen a flicker. It's pretty, but if it is anything like a woodpecker, no thanks! We have had a few that have driven us to drink! Yesterday was warm and I think we had 100 birds in the trees! Robins, crows, grey birds I don't know, and more. Even the Jays were hanging around! Very, very noisy! Allie just stares at them in amazement! Thank goodness she does run at them barking!

DD mentioned moving in with her father to be closer to school/work. Say a prayer everyone, please say several! She needs to go!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Andrea, in the bag! Please keep us close by. I stand ready to help at the dicktors with interns, bad nurses, and the like.

I can't think of a better cure for stress than a sweet puppy! Give him a kiss from me. XXX

• wren44
    edited March 2015

SC, I had to laugh. My friend from Louisiana says you can say anything about someone as long as you follow it with Bless her heart... Yes, the flickers can be extremely annoying. Our next door neighbor has a birdhouse hanging in the tree outside our bedroom window. One of the flickers has been pecking (or drumming) on it for the past few weeks. I like birds, but some are better farther away.

• ndgirl
    edited March 2015

Wren, we have tons of Flickers here in the summer, they don't bother too bad, but one crazy one would sit on top of the tv antenna (when we still had that) and beat his brains out on that darn metal thing! Kinda fun to watch them in the fall when they gather in flocks to head out of our country

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

L. I looked up delirium designs. Who knew it would be so popular? A jewelry designer from 1976. Too old. A counterculture group. Don't think so. A tattoo artist? Nope. Was it called something else?

Hope it's an infection.

Yes glennie want to hear all about the class.

Missed another Fia story. Must go back.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015

Morning all! Andrea, I am in your pocket, anytime! Big hug to you!

Z, those are lovely pictures that Bond sent to you, she got a lovely send off and I was thrilled to see that photo of her, it is my favorite of all I have seen of her. The balloons were fantastic, as was the beautiful carriage and horse. I am a little confused though, didn't Bond say he had seen the Parents and they had DP's ashes? I thought the carriage was going to bring DP to the Celebration of Life, at the Community Center. How did that work?

Sc, fingers crossed, just don't tell her it is a good idea, or she won't go!

ndgirl, we used to have "Chop Suey" in Chinese restaurants here too, but can't recall seeing it for many years. It was a kind of stew with lots of cabbage and ground beef and the Chinese people in the cafes would say they only made it for westerners, it wasn't something they ate. Do you do Yum Cha where you are? We have a huge Asian population, so there are many Asian styles and restaurants, but my fave is the long lazy Yum Cha, with all the carts of different steamboat and delicacies. I love Vietnamese food too, Vi taught me to try and like stuff that I would never subject you to here! LOL I too, didn't send a card to the Grands yet.

Wow, Wren that bird is so pretty, it's amazing to me that there are so many different types of birds that are never seen in other places. I have this really sweet little Grey Shrike that comes to visit me. I have never sen these before coming here, they are the prettiest mid grey with the sweetest little face and a call, that I just love. Where in Australia are your relatives?

Hey Bobo, and ldesim! Waving to everyone.

I am going to see the 2nd Marigold Hotel today with the girls from the Pink Ladies, lunch first and a massage after. Felt great this morning after my Tai Chi yesterday, will go again tomorrow. I thought it may have stirred up some sore RA spots, but doesn't seem to.

Glennie, meant to say, I have never had an issue with being weaker on my right side before, that's what surprised me, because it is my dominant side. How did the course go? Have you changed your daylight saving clocks?

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

LM in outfit #4 and we've been home about an hour. She changed when we got home, when she pooped, when she pooped again and just now.

She's 'tendin' to go to a party, to basketball and checking out her new clothes and pjs. Current outfit is a frozen nighty with boys basketball shorts.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Z, I looked it up too and found the same things. I wonder if she bought the Domain Name and didn't get to set up her website.

Wren similar thing here if you preface it with "I love her dearly, but......"LOL

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

Z, it's http://deliriumpie.com/ Delirium designs I think was the company name, but it was probably used as domain already, so she registered deliriumpie.

I meant to say thank you for posting the pics earlier.

Today was almost springlike!! So exciting... add to that getting home from work and it's still daylight and I'm almost giddy with excitement :)

Now if we can just get rid of all this friggin dirty snow.

Love the name Teddy... my grandparents had a dog for years and years and his name was Teddy.. I think he was part St. Bernard... but smaller than than usually were.. I can still see him running down the driveway with his tail wagging when we went over there. I want to say he lived close to 20 years.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

M yes bond did say he had her ashes and bracelet. Not sure how that works. Cremation not popular here.

LM has added a white shirt. Asked if it was backwards because it's plain. Now hunting peppa pig shoes. "Going to get my car. Tending to go to basketball."

I'm ready for bath and bed. Only got bills paid today. Still have kids rooms and laundry. Maybe tomorrow.

Did go to dentist. Tooth that cracked in dec has decay around filling! Have to get it redone but no charge.

Boy has one loose tooth. Said to expect six year molars. Where will they go? LM has 20 teeth and wore sunglasses and sat in the big chair. Even let them do the water and suction.

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

M, you're such a busy bee lately! :)

omg Z, that's quite a combination!! Is she still into the purses too?

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

I wasn't familiar with it until recently... my GF had her husband cremated and she was allowed to distribute ashes between several urns and gave one to his mother, one for herself and one for each of their daughters.. perhaps they did something like that. Not sure how I feel about having then separated.... but I didn't say anything at the time.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

The urn is smallish, would probably be in the center of the carriage. Maybe behind her pic in the center.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Cremation is very popular here. That sounds weird, doesn't it! I think it is mainly Catholics, who don't believe in it. I have heard of the separation of ashes, but not often. Mostly people seem to have a place they want to be scattered, written into their will. I want mine scattered in the lake and so does Colin, not legal per se as there is a regulation about having to be a certain distance out to sea. I have a Gf who has had her Father in the laundry cupboard for years and another who has her Dad, on the mantel, yuck!

ldesim, you're right, so much for moving to the serenity of the country! I am much busier here, than I was in the city. This place has it all, both serene and busy, but at the moment there seems to be lots to do. Thursday is another cancer fundraiser and Champagne & Shave, which I was asked to be involved in.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Spookiesmom, you're ight, I was seeing a white casket in the carriage, but on closer inspection I see it was a white car on the other side. Thanks for sorting that! M x

• ndgirl
    edited March 2015

cremation is becoming more popular around here but still not the norm. It is certainly my wish and has been for years which sends my brother into fits! I think it is gaining popularity because of the costs. Catholics aren't opposed to cremation but the ashes must be buried.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

I must go back and read all the posts.  Spent all day in course,,, M:  he mentioned GREEN VIBRANCE !!  I knew you would be pleased!  Will tell more later.  Work busy.

Just had to drop in and say:  Prick neurosurgeon's office called to make appt!  What do I do?? I can probably get in faster to see him. Should I see him and see what is up with my issues??  Wait until April 22 to see other surgeon?  I am floored,, again!!!   Have not had time to call any other doctors since I was in course all day.   **freaking out again**

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited March 2015

Glennie, this is just my opinion, but I would not give the prick neurosurgeon the courtesy of a reply, never mind actually seeing him, for a 2nd or 3rd opinion or any other reason. But that's just me.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

My parents chose cremation. Sent my dad up north in the mail. When DD and I were ready to go with my mom, she asks, do you have grandma?

We have our cremation paid. I want a green scatter here, he wants to be up north.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

I just looked at the sky pic again. If you look close towards the top, the balloons seem to be in a heart shape. Does anybody else see it????