Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Real whipped cream is going to be a deal breaker at this party. In fact, I think you should have real whipped cream in the fridge at all times, in a metal mixing bowl (it stays cold), and some prepped strawberries next to it, so Hair can always have a snack.

Oh, I just thought of something. What if she looks pretty when she's curvy?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

use really dark chocolate, has a higher fat %

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

I am going to have a piece of chocolate right now.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

Bobo,

I saw this and had to send it .............because ......................... the first person I thought of was MD (aka Handi Wipe)

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

that is excellent sign, Fia.  So stinking true.

Out of chocolate,,, boooooo

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

OMFG I gained 20 lbs reading the dessert buffet items.. holy crap.... everything sounds so good... I am going to be glued to my computer... both a lunch date and the dessert buffet to look forward to... dare I ask what you are shopping for with hair's mother? I hope nothing from VS haha.

Bobo Curvy? She's going to be a water buffalo.

omg poor Glennie, colonoscopy :( I have 2 more years until I have to deal with that shit (laughing).

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

I wont get a biopsy until the docs are sure it is not LE.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

Didn't you just do a colonoscopy not so long ago?

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

Roger that, Andrea. In the bag! You must be exhausted from all this.

I know, right, Idesim? I feel like I just took a bong hit! I had to eat some dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt. While I was doing so, I had an idea for the dessert buffet. BTW, Fia, I love that sign! You are so kind to think of me with my Handi Wipe problems. Say! Could you make a dessert buffet for Handi Wipe? That would be so great! I can't do it myself because my kids are allergic to dairy (and for Princess, nuts and eggs) so I couldn't make those delicious recipes!

Okay. So for the dessert buffet, how about homemade cookie dough, served in teaspoons on a platter? I LOVE homemade cookie dough. Basically it's butter and sugar. And chocolate. Easy to make, too, since you don't have to bake them off. What could be higher calorie than that?

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Bobo, thank you. You are right. It has been a hell of a roller coaster ride lately. But When I start to feel sorry for myself I think of poor DP.

I have to share my convo with my husband after my MO appt.

Him: So lymphodema is like swelling right.

Me: Basically

Him: So your boob will get super big?Cool.

Me:(death glare)

Him: Is it contagious?

Me: Hopefully. Hey maybe you will get it and it will make your penis get super big. Cool.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2015

Wish I was going to the dessert buffet, sounds yummy! our little local cafe used to make a Butterfinger frozen dessert that was out of this world. I was young and skinny then and calories didnt bother me but it was so good but must have tons of calories in it.

The eclair cake is what we call moon cake... like an overgrown cream puff!! the Best!! Keep the hair stories coming. Eww and a day with her mother, this just keeps getting better and better.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

wow, lots happening!

Andrea, love your comeback! What is it with men and boobs? My DH knows not to ever mention them! Ha

Love the Angels wing, I too feel like DP is giving us signs, which makes me feel slightly better. Yes, I would love to hear DP's take on HAIR.

Dessert buffet, what's not to love about that? I hope she doesn't puke on your carpet tho! Lol. Bit of bonding with HAIR's mum eh? Was it her idea? She is not going to bring up a wedding or anything is she? Does HAIR go out late at night? Maybe she is a stripper! Loved the lingerie bag story, oh dear, bless her!

Glennie, didn't you just have a colonoscopy?

Speaking of calories, DD has requested I try home made Oreos (she loves them, BoBo did you know they are dairy free?). They are chillin' in the fridge, about to bake them, although I have a feeling they will be nothing like real Oreos. Oh well, it's a first try

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

thank you for worrying that i'm having too many colonoscopies, but this one coming up on Monday is the only one so far this year!

• javafriend
    javafriend Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Hi all. Z, I love the pics. Definitely signs from DP that she is flying free.
    Andrea, where do you go for lymphadema clinic? Can you get in sooner at Hopkins (a bit of a drive). I am glad your docs are proactive and saw you quickly. Congrats on the new puppy. I bet he is adorable.
    Glennie, in the bag. I think it is good to see the neurologist now, even if it is the arrogant one. You can still see the other one next week.
    Fia, I love the hair stories too. Your buffet sounds delicious. Maybe you could do a punch with champagne and sherbet, tat would add more calories.
    SC, your dog is beautiful. So sorry your DD is giving you so much grief.
    I know I am missing things I wanted to comment on. So sorry. I finished radiation yesterday. Only a little skin irritation and peeling. I have been having stomach issues, heartburn and abdominal pain since last Herceptin infusion. Nothing major, just irritating. Last weekend, we had 2 kids shows (a musical of empowers new clothes). I was a towns person/chorus. This weekend we have 2 choral concerts, so we have had rehearsals just about every night for the last 3 weeks. I will be glad when they are done.
    Also, my old SUV finally gave up the ghost last weekend. The transmission has been going for over a year. At least it got me through radiation. We will be car shopping on Friday. Back to work next week, part time to start. I want to build up endurance and watch out for lymphadema.
    Have a good night all.
  • ldesim
    edited March 2015

I showed Joe the picture, without saying anything about where it came from .. and he said "oh wow, an angel wing". I decided to put in as my profile pic thinking it will keep her close to us. I'm still really struggling with losing her.... 3 weeks tomorrow.

Dawny, interested in hearing how your homemade oreos come out... love oreos!

Java, woooooohooo on being done with rads!!! Glad that is behind you! I'd consult with the MO if you keep having those issues, no sense being uncomfortable. Sorry about your car, but you did good having it last over a year with transmission problems... a new car will be a nice treat :)

ND, love butterfingers... except for them getting stuck in your teeth lol. Never had a dessert with them!

Andrea, nice one.. what did DH say to that? haha

Bobo, good idea.. just send her over to Fia's... two birds with one stone! Do we have any updates from the handi wipe??

• ndgirl
    edited March 2015

Idesim, what a neat idea to use that angel wing as your profile! DP is loving it.

• ndgirl
    edited March 2015

Andrea, what a hell of a thing to say to you about your boob,,, boy loved your comeback tho.. got him goodDevil

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Love your new avatar, L!  DP is smiling!

Easy ice cream cake!   You take a large pan and put down a layer of ice cream sandwiches.  Then you spread cool whip or other whipped topping over them to cover. then another layer of ice cream sandwiches and more Cool Whip.  Then you can decorate the top with M&M's or crushed Butterfingers, or crushed Oreo's, etc,,, Freeze for a few hours and then it's ready.  You will probably have to let it sit out for 15 mins or so to be able to cut it. I took this to work a couple of times and it was a HUGE hit.  And it's so easy.

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

omg Glennie, that sounds delicious.. I am trying that this summer! Holy crap the calories that must be in that sucker! lol.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

Fia, do you have Krogers where you are? Check their ice cream for Graeters, any flavor. Way high in butterfat!!!!!

Glennie, Publix here has it, maybe around you too if you want to try it. I've driven it 1,000 miles, and flew it once. It's THAT good

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

yes, I've had that Spooks,, it is really good.

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

My DH was just trying to make me laugh. His response was a big grin and "HEY"??

I remember my boyfriend in high school having a discussion about what he would do if he lost a hand or something. He said he would not want to live because he wouldn't be a "whole person".

Good thing I didn't marry him.!! My first husband ran out on me and my girls for another woman soon after it was thought I had MS (I don't thankfully). Boy can I pick them. Lol.

But I finally got it right It would make no difference to my DH if I had two boobs, three boobs, or no boobs. I am thankful for such love.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

Awwww ((Andrea and her DH))

Great idea with the angel wings avatar, I bet DP is smiling. 3 weeks, geez.

What are butterfingers? I'm thinking shortbread? But that wouldn't get stuck in your teeth?

Java, glad you are done ! Yippeeee!

Oreos nothing like real Oreos! Nada, zilch, zip.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Dawny:  Butterfingers are a wonderful candy bar!!  One of my favorites. http://www.butterfinger.com/Butterfinger.aspx

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015

Hi all, I was in the middle of a post to you this morning and my laptop went to the blue screen of death! I have been able to use it briefly today, but it went blue again tonight and I lost an email I was writing. Colin has been busy, but he has shut mine down and then managed to get it running again;

I have been out most of the day. I went down to the ferry this morning and took it across to the Island, then I walked to the community center, to do Tai Chi. I had a cup of tea with the girls at a cafe and then I went to the next big town to do some shopping. Tomorrow I have a fundraiser to go to, in the afternoon.

Andrea, I was thinking abut you and I was so relieved to hear it may be LE, rather than the other 2 possibilities!

Off to bed now, oh and I see the Angel wing, but I also see it, as a sideways butterfly flying to the right, anyone else see that?

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Off to see the prick neurosurgeon.   3,2,1,,,,,

• ndgirl
    edited March 2015

In the bag Glennie, keep us posted.

Andrea, glad you have a keeper dh, I know quite well that men handle things differently and sometimes humor comes off wrong. BC is hard for them too because they aren't in control of our decisions, have to fess up here tho, my dh has never made my decisions, he he! Hoping you can get the le under control

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015

In the bag Glennie!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015

Just went to DMV. DH demanded that I put DD's car in her name today, or he was taking the keys. I hate it when he acts like this, trying to control everyone. DD is madder than hell as she is on spring break, wasn't feeling well, and wasn't going anywhere. So, long story short, she too is being an ass to me. Once again told me that my not working is my own fault, implying I am lazy. I can't keep the peace anymore and things will get ugly. So over it! Wish NOLA was this coming weekend

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015

in the bag