Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015

ndgirl, It must have been just here, it was forbidden for Catholics to be cremated, at least when I was a young, because my Catholic friends were mortified by the thought of it. It may have changed over the years. I think the older folks had more of a problem with it. My Parents were Protestant but they would never have considered cremation, just as well we had the conversation, because if it had been left up to me, that's what would have happened, bad, bad daughter! LOL

Glennie, I am hoping the GV mention was a positive one! I am thinking it may be worth doing the consult, since you want two opinions, you sure don't have to go with the prick, but has he a good reputation as a Neuro? Don't freak out, the ball is in your court, just sit quietly and ask yourself if you can handle this guy, or not. If you think it is going to stress you out too much, don't do it. Even make the appointment, you can always cancel if you get a bad feeling about it.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

I see the heart too Spookiesmom!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

whew! I thought I was seeing things.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

Spookie I noticed it earlier too.... also towards teh middle it looks like a star.. at least to me. I thought it was pretty fitting :) I thought she was in the box in the picture with the flower cross.

Glennie, If it wouldn't be upsetting to you, then go for it... but if it is upsetting to you then I wouldn't waste your time and it appears to me that it will be upsetting for you :(

M, I think it's fantastic you are so busy!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

I see it too.

I think her ashes were in the wooden box on the table with per photo. It looks like the one my niece chose for her husband. She split the ashes between their church's memory garden and his family home in the Midwest.

Cremation is pretty rare in Oklahoma where my brother lived. His wife told me that's what he wanted and I said I wanted that too. When I saw her look of relief, I realized she was afraid I would object. About 70% of the people here choose cremation. There's also a couple of cemeteries where people are buried without caskets. It's called a green burial and the thought is to save resources and return to the earth naturally. So far I'm sticking with cremation. You're allowed to do what you want with the ashes. We have ferry service between the city and the islands nearby. If requested, the ferry will stop briefly to allow the family to scatter ashes in the sound.

Andrea, Are they going to do a biopsy? What did they decide? Any chance your DH elbowed you during the night?

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

I haven't decided which I'd prefer... I like the idea of being scattered or buried wherever. I also like the idea of what my GF did and instead of spending money on a headstone, she bought a bench which is a couple feet from the ocean in a public park. On warm nights we sit there for hours.. it has engravings similar to a headstone.... so I guess I am leaning towards cremation.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

Glennie, my first thought is the same as Jennie (waving to Jennie) but then I thought if you can get in quicker than 22 April, then maybe you could use him as an opinion, you don't have to go back to him. Maybe find out when they can get you in? Tough one.

Z, thanks for forwarding Bond pics, it is all so real now isn't it? :( We miss you DP. Xx

Andrea, I hope you find out what is going on soon. So, do you take the antibiotics and see if that helps? Love the name Teddy, can't wait to see his pics! Hint, hint, lol

Peppa Pig and basketball shorts is a wonderful combination :)

How is Hair today? Donuts, chocolate brownies?

DS has gone on an overnight hike with school, they are walking 20 kilometres all up, carrying their tents, sleeping bags, two days worth of food etc. Geez, I couldn't do that. Hoping all goes ok with his egg/peanut allergies, I worry when they are away from home, and out in the bush somewhere. Yesterday DH went out for a bike ride, rang to say that he was in Angelsea, which is on the coast, many miles away, he said come down and we will have brunch. This was at 9am, still in pjs, DS still asleep. We drive down the Great Ocean Road, about 45 mins,which is windy and narrow, ring his mobile to see exactly where he is, he has now ridden on a few more towns, to Lorne, another 20 mins by car. Crazy man loves to ride his bike. This was supposed to be a recovery ride after racing the previous day. Anyway, we find a cafe where DH, DS and DD want hamburgers with bacon, I wander off to find something more to my liking (I found granola with vanilla bean yoghurt, stewed fruits and honeys, yum). As DD finishes eating and we head towards the pier for a stroll, she says she doesnt fell feel well. TRying to decide whether to sit the there or head home, as it was a public holiday, it would take prob an hour and a half to get home, so we start driving, and of course she vomits in the car. I ask DH if he checked there was no egg in the burger patties, no he didn't check. WTF? Why is it always up to me to check ingredients? Arggh. She fell asleep on the couch, then vomited some more, but seems fines today, so hopefully that is the end of that drama.

Taking forever to type again, must go and do some housework, 1,2,3......

• dawny
    edited March 2015

Took me so long to write that post, that I missed a bunch. I see the heart in the balloons too, awesome

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

Trying to catch up on posts.   The pics made me sad,, but I know DP would have loved that balloon.  It is just SO her.  And I see a heart in the balloon formation too.  She was sending love back to us.

Andrea:: any word?   Standing by. 

I am planning cremation too. No firm plans yet, but I've heard that you can have your ashes put with a tree seedling  and that sounded kinda cool.  You can also be a part of a coral reef too.  Religious Jews do not get cremated. You are supposed to bury the body in a plain casket with a plain shroud, so that no one can tell who is rich or poor being buried. No open casket funerals either. Supposed to get buried by sundown on the day after you died too. The body cannot be left unattended; someone must stay with the person until burial.  There are lots of rules.

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

Gosh Dawny, that was kinda scary..... glad she's feeling better.... I have to admit that I wouldn't think of egg in a burger patty.. but what about the bun or if it had mayo or something.

Glennie, I take it you aren't very religious :) The town I grew up was 80% Jewish, so I'm pretty familiar with the traditions, but I never knew about not leaving the body alone.. that's pretty interesting. Paid respects to many a family sitting shiva. I love the idea of the seedling.. that's really cool.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

I see my MO tomorrow and I will ask her if She has seen anything like this before. I read on BCO about radiation Fibrosis. Apparently RO dont like to admit that radiation does damage. I started antibiotics tonight.

I can't get the photos to load from my phone.But I will keep trying. He is so cute. Love the puppy breath.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

L:   Nope, not very religious.  Think I'm more of a pagan than anything else. Still really think reincarnation makes a lot of sense.   

two friends here think I should see the prick for an opinion. Will sleep on it. You have to wonder: does he know everything his office staff does? Not sure.

Work busy all night,,, down a person. 

M:  Yes, he liked GV.  Loves the individual packets that are easy for traveling.  You can look for him at:

www.drmikelara.com

or www.facebook.com/brainmd

He love probiotics too. And Fish oil.  I really need to go thru my notes and think about supplements. I think my brain could use a boost!  I did have my Vegan protein powder shake tonight with GV and blueberries.

Ok, back to work,, I know I've missed a few posts, ,will have to go back tomorrow.  **waving to all**

• dawny
    edited March 2015

L, DH did think about Mayo, asked for it without, he probably was focused on that, and thinking he'd done such a good job :) thing is DS ate the same thing, but was fine. Maybe he can tolerate cooked egg up to a certain amount? Who knows.

I struggle to think about burial/cremation, just too sad to think about my kiddos. Xxx

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

dawny:  how old are your kids???  That is a big hike DS is going on! It's so hard to have to worry about the allergies! Glad DD is feeling better.

• dawny
    edited March 2015

G, DS has just turned fourteen, and DD is eleven. Yes, twenty kms is a fair way to hike isn't it? Especially if there are hills. Luckily it's not too hot today and tomorrow, 23 + 25, I think. How was your course? Are you going to have us making medication/supplements from our kitchen staples? Lol. I have so much in my pantry that I am sure there is many a recipe to make! Lo

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

20 km seems like a long way to me,, but what do I know?  I live in the U.S.,, one of the few countries NOT on the metric system!!  And temp of 23-25,,,, hmmm,,,, in my world,, that would be really cold!  I need an app for easy conversions!  I did put a clock app on!! Now I know what time it is in Aus!!  I used Melbourne time.

Not really thinking about Making supplements,, but maybe trying fish oil caps, or something.  The title of the course was a little misleading,, I really thought there would be more about the foods we eat,, and how they are good for you and in what way, etc.  This had a lot of holistic products,, but some good information and internet links to try out. Friend's mom was just diagnosed with Alzheimers,, so I got some vitamin suggestions that could help.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2015

Good eye ladies, I had to go back and look at the balloons again, yes she was sending love to everyone. Wonder if Bond spotted that? The reason I knew about the cremation rule of Catholics is because our deceased dil had a brother that is a priest, he did her funeral, can you imagine how hard that was for him? But he did such a wonderful job, speaking directly to her four sons and our son. He is a wonderful man too. Our family is not Catholic so there was many things I needed to have explained as well. Actually dil wasnt an extreme either, she of course had her faith but sure did not get to church every week or follow alot of their rules.

Andrea, sure thinking of you, hope you can get a good night sleep and hopefully you get more answers tomorrow.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

in the bag for you tomorrow, Andrea!!  Hope you get some answers.

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Thank you ladies. This really is odd. Hopefully MO has answers. Barney isgetting darker...or at least seems so at 4 in the morning. Going back to sleep now hopefully.

Thinking of you DP.

Dawny my two yougest are 12 (boy) and 14(girl).

Hugs!!

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Didnt fall back to sleep. Stayed awake worrying. Damn it!

Hoping and praying it isnt angiosarcoma from radiation therapy since its 5 year survival rate is 10%. Yep, darkness brings with it fear. Its just a number anyway. At least it isnt zero percent.

Wren, no way my DH elbowed me. We sleep about as far away as possible, lol....too hot otherwise.

I see my MO at 11:30. Thanks for being in the bag. I think Dawny is bringing pina Coladas for everyone.

Breathing.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

In the bag for today, Andrea! Woke up to check on you. XXX

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Hi Andrea, thinking about you. I wrote a post and the internet went down. Lost it, Damn it, I hate that. I didn't think you'd get back to sleep, the night time is the worst. Wish I was there to go with you.

Glennie, I am interested to hear more from that Dr. I do the pro biotics, the GV and the fish oil, what else?

I checked it out, the 25C is a beautiful 77F and 20km is about 12.5 miles

Had a great day, lunch, movie, loved it Maggie Smith has the best lines and great delivery. Judy Dench is gorgeous. Then I went for a 1 1/2 hour massage and went to the Chinese for chicken satay and rice, take out for dinner. I am knackered now. It is after 11pm and Colin is still working on the new computer he just had delivered.

Waving to everyone, catch you later...M x

• dawny
    edited March 2015

I think we need something yummy to eat too. Something savoury or sweet? Sorry you didn't get back to sleep Andrea, that sucks. We will all be with you. I am off to bed now (11:15pm). Will check back in first thing in the morning. ((Hugs))

• dawny
    edited March 2015

Nighty night M! Xx

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Sleep tight Dawny, see you tomorrow! M x

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Oh, you guys! I sometimes hate it that you go to bed as we are waking up!

M, that sounds like the absolute best day ever! XXX

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

In the bag, Andrea!  I will bring steamed dumplings from the Asian restaurant. The dipping sauce might make the bag a bit messy, though.  They are veggie!

M:  sounds like you had a great day.  Will tell you more about him in a bit,,, I woke up late, and I gotta make some breakfast. Already walked and fed Ava and went to let the cats out at my girlfriend's.  Now I gotta feed me. 

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015

another pix from bond

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015

From bond.

Good morning I didn't pay attention to that part but I am going to send you a cloud picture that was the cloud right above the center when we were leaving that everybody started yelling to go outside and look at it as its looks like an angel whispering away

And if you put on sunglasses and stared at the cloud there was a rainbow that went right through the bottom of it that you couldn't see with the naked eye

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

omg,,it's an angelwing!!  ((DP))