Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

That's what I thought too!!!

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

Zills once again thank  you for sharing

DP, Only you would leave 2 signs............a heart and angel wings...................You got your wings girl ......fly with the angels and take care of all the furry friends you encounter.  You will be forever in out hearts and I know now you are pain free.................

Hugs to Bond.................... 

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

omfg.. that picture is amazing. I've never seen anything like that....

Came in to check on Andrea.. hope we hear something soon... bit teary now :(

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2015

Wow! Another sign from DP! Loving it! Thanks again Zills, what a nice picture, I came here to check on Andrea, worried for her, I knew she wouLdnt go back to sleep either, that is a tough thing to do. Praying and sending positive thoughts your way, it will be ok, we are all here for you

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

Here I am. The good news (actually great) is that my MO has seen angiosarcoma and doesn't think that is what I have. Also doesn't think it is IBC. Yay!

Instead she is convinced that it is LE of the radiated breast. She had another patient present the same way who ended up getting a mastectomy. Bring it on! All my friends have had masectomies, and you couldn't meet a better group of women!!LOL

So I have to go to the LE clinic. She also ordered me an MRI for spine pain. I love my Oncs!!!

I love you gals too. Thank you for listening to my whining.

THAT CLOUD PIC IS AMAZING!!!

Glennie, the dumpling were delicious. Might have a pina colada to celebrate.

• fiaranch1
    edited March 2015

Andrea................thinking of you !!! Hope you do not have to wait long for the results.......................................

Here is yesterdays best HAIR update (there are several per day any more) Perhaps SC is right I should write them all down

HAIR: I have to was some clothes , what button do I press on the machine

ME: What are you washing

HAIR: Some , bras, thongs and Cami things

ME: Use the delicate cycle and if your are mixing other things in that load . Put the bras , camis and thongs in a lingere bag

HAIR: Ok I have one of those from Christmas

1 hour later ............................

HAIR: Gail the stuff fell out of the bag and my bag got all ruined

ME: Well .................your stuff fell out because that is not a lingerie bag ...........That is a Victoria's Secret gift bag................. No clean all of those paper bits out of the washer , and google a proper linger bag.......................... FFS!!!!

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Ok, Fia, that was really funny!!!

So I have my Spine MRI on Friday. But I dont go to Lymphadema clinic for a whole month. Oh well.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2015

Andrea, that is great news, and if you have to have mx so be it! You must be so relieved, I know I am!👏

Omg, fia, she is just unbelievable! Yep, write them all down, we are loving them and hey, good therapy for you to release some more frustration, hopefully ds will see the light.

Well off to pay our income taxes, no fun

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

oh, Fia,,, that is so funny,, but seriously!!  How can she be so ignorant?? Keep the stories coming.  I hope you are writing these down for your book.

(((Andrea!!! )))  Good news that it is LE.  It's terrible when we are happy it is ONLY an infection or ONLY LE.  But LE is manageable! Does your doctor says that having a MX got rid of the other woman's problem??  In the bag anytime. Glad you liked the dumpling! You should totally have a drink to celebrate.

OK,, more weirdness in my world. I'm seeing the prick neurosurgeon tomorrow at 10. Can you believe I have an appt that fast? He seems to have read the MRI report. Hmmmmm. Is that why there is a rush to get me in? Tune in tomorrow!!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Andrea! Bring on the mastectomy! 2 4 6 8! Who do we appreciate? Mastectomy! Yaaaaay MASTECTOMY!

**applause**

I am relieved. Will you have biopsy first? I swear, I am so relieved! You are going to be the most cheerful mx patient on the planet! Don't forget: order a drive-by. Do not stay in the hospital. I do not want you to get an infection.

Fia! MORE HAIR STORIES! MORE HAIR STORIES! I DEMAND MORE HAIR STORIES! **sound of greedy roaring** Hair stories are the funniest stories I have ever heard in my life. When are you going to break down and just do her laundry for her? She is going to break your washing machine. And then you are going to strangle her and bang her head on the floor. That won't be good for anyone.

MORE HAIR STORIES! :)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

DH emerged from his shower asking me what was so funny. You really should write these down (preferably here).

Andrea, You were NOT whining. I'm so happy the MO came up with a much better explanation. I had trouble sleeping last night so perhaps it's catching.

M, My cousin was seen scuba diving (probably Great Barrier Reef) and in a vehicle looking for crocs (Cairns?) and at the Taronga Zoo in Sydney which is how I figured out where she was. DD says the grandchildren are shown a globe and get to pick where they have their vacation. Cousin's DS is in computers and his wife is Chinese, so considering the whole world is possible.

Zills, Thanks for that photo. Obviously an angel wing.

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

In the bag, Glennie! I think it's good that you're gathering info.

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

Andrea, so does that mean she is just going to leave Barney there with no treatment for one month? That can't be true!

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Thanks ND. I Am relieved.

Thanks Glennie. Yes cancer puts everything else down a few notches. I actually clapped with glee when the urologist told me my kidney pain was kidney stone and not cancer.

I believe that the woman who had the masectomy was in a lot of pain from the swollen breast. I am totally fine with getting a masectomy. My only question would be should I get both breasts off since I had LCIS in the other breast. But I am getting ahead of myself here.

Glennie I hope you get some clarity from the dicktor tomorrow. Hey, if you don't like him you should make "a scene in the waiting room" again, LOL.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

I spit my tea out and was laughing outloud in the kitchen..... startled a co-worker.  Fia, i'm starting to think you are making this up..... surely nobody is this stupid?   What I would give to  hear DP's opinion on this girl.

Andrea, glad it wasn't something more  serious, but sorry it is anything at all. Are you really considering mx? I'm curious too if that will fix the LE. Disagree we Glennie..... you should have multiple drinks, not just one =)

Glennie, in the bag!!!!!

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Andrea: a month?? Geez, you are in Canada too?? Will you see what the MRI shows and then decide about MX?  What did MO say about doing both?  OMG,, lots to think about.

**girding my loins for tomorrow**

Oh, yes,, and colonoscopy is Monday.  Must do bowel prep this weekend. The fun never ends.  Who said I could eat gummy bears??  Or any other advice for liquid diet??  I have Italian ices.

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Oooh, I love Italian ice. I used lemon crystal lite to flavor the prep. I had to drink one gallon of prep, but there are different ones.

MRI should show why my tailbone as nerve pain all the time. Not likely to be Metsm

After MO saw me she phoned my BS. Probably to fill her in.

• fiaranch1
    edited March 2015

Idesim ,

I SWEAR it is all true and more ............... Bobo the washing machine is now my son's it came with the house deal so if she breaks it he will have to buy another one . I really listened to what you told me the other day she has been this way her whole life and your were right its a way to get people to do shit for her so I am NOT playing...........

Andrea , I have multiple biopsy's etc my whole ladult life from the time I was 21 . I got my 1st BC at 25 . So I would highly recommend a double MX. TO me it was just a mental relief. knowing if it does come back it would be much easier to find .

Glennie ugghhh the DICKTOR in the bag...................

Wren waking up to pecking birds................... you are right they belong somewhere else , that would be irritating waking up to that .....................

Ok all I have the perfect "FATTENING UP THE HAIR/HAIRBALL opportunity". My son and his BF birthday is Friday so a bunch of them they are having a dinner at a new local place. He invited me , I said no, go be with your friends and then after dinner bring everyone back here for coffee and a dessert buffet...................

He said well I don't want to to have to work so hard and I really wanted you to come to dinner for all you do for me ............ I said it's not work. I am happy to do it .I am proud that you have a house that you can start entertaining ....................(I was waiting for the bolt of lightening to strike me )..

So here is the dessert menu thus far.................

Cheesecake with fresh raspberry sauce

Red Velvet Cake

Eclair Cake drizzled with Dark Chocolate Sauce (like a giant eclair , vanilla custard in the center_

Chocolate Decadence (pecan crust, layer of cream cheese, later of chocolate pudding, layer of whipped cream and topped with crushed butter finger candy bars)

Lemon Lust (pecan crust , lemon and cream cheese center )

2 pounds of Dark Chocolate Fudge

HAIR loves fudge ...If I knew no one else would try it ,i would mix in 2-3 packages of Exlax !.

Given that they are all adults I should have included a fruit dessert or fresh fruit ...........BUT that does not have enough calories................ What else can I make ? Did I miss something :-) LOL

Oh Zills I get forgetting to tell you ........My niece did the same thing constantly changing clothes. Dove my sister crazy . So my sister got one of those large plastic tubs with a lid decorated it with my nieces name in glitter , and those fake plastic jewels and a bunch of stickers. Then she went to the thrift stores and got stuff for my niece to play dress up (purses, dresses, a crown, a couple of fake fur shawls and scarves, she bought those plastic kids shoes that had sparkles) . She played out of that tub for 2 years . The rule was at the end of the day she had to put all the clothes back in the tub. What ever she left out got put away for a week . My niece hated not having all of her things so there was only 2 weeks that she lost items for not putting them away . My sister said it saved her tons of time sorting/washing clothes as she could never tell what was dirty or clean from the niece changing so much................ so just a thought.

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited March 2015

HAHAHAHA, that is fantastic! Haven't laughed so hard in ages! Too bad it's not the season for it, I'd suggest eggnog to drink. So delicious and soooo many calories, lol. Can you do homemade milkshakes or smoothies perhaps? Bwahaha!!

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Fia:  I LOVE your dessert buffet!!  It all sounds so good.  Hair won't be able to resist.  How about some chocolate chip cookies,, easy to grab and keep eating,, ditto with mini-muffins, or small brownies,,,, They are so small you don't realize how many you are eating!  No fruit or healthy stuff.  Its a birthday party!!  Indulge!   **snickers with glee**  Little bowls of M&M's around the room??

Oh please take a piccie of the buffet table after you have everything laid out and before they arrive!  We want to see!!

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

OOOOooooh, the dessert buffet sounds fabulous! You will not get struck by lightning!

My addition to the buffet will be super easy. I noticed some items had whipped cream in them. I thought to myself, 'Real whipped cream? That has like a million calories.'

So I suggest a big frosty bowl of real whipped cream, flavored with vanilla and a little bit of confectioners' sugar (not too much -- you want the essence of the cream). When it is not too sugary, people don't think of it as 'dessert' and they will heap it over any or all of the desserts.

In fact, you could fix Hair a pillowy plateful of whipped cream, and then suggest she dip her fudge in.

When is this buffet again? I am going to need a blow-by-blow account. Can you set up live streaming?

Fia, you have cheered me immeasurably. I can't say it enough.

• fiaranch1
    edited March 2015

Damn Jennie..........Eggnog is a great idea . It is not eggnog season but let me see what I can find some kind of fattening drink........... Glennie, I did not think about bowls of fattening stuff................ hmmm you are the pharmacist do you know if they still mark the chocolate Exlax with an E ........... I could scrape it off and mix it with the M&M's or just make HAIR her own "Special Bowl". Wondering where I could fine a "special sparkling fingernail to leave in it "

Spookie .....HAIR has been tanning every day .............I am not going to point out the skin cancer aspects....................

I better stop being so evil ,,,,,,,,,,,I don't want to get hit by the "Karma Bus"

DS said this am "I think I better start doing all the laundry" , I said good plan......He said Its a good thing I was born male and not female.........Why? I said .......... He responds........ Because I could not walk around all day with a piece of dental floss up my ass (yep the thongs she wears are barely bigger than dental floss , but wth she has every animal species covered (snake skin, leopard,tiger etc...................) I don't go in their room, but I do wonder if there are dollar bills in her dresser drawer and a pole in the closet for her to practice on .............

On Saturday I have shopping and lunch with HAIR's mother. I don't know her very well and this will be the first time I have been alone with her...................... I will need to be very careful about anything that comes out of my mouth ............... I guess "bless her heart" would be safe LOL

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

As long as mom isn't from the south a d doesn't know you ARENT being kind!!!!

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

Lunch with Hair's mother???

Jesus himself is smiling down on me. I am on a need to know basis. I hope it will be a fancy lunch, with tablecloths.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

LIVE STREAMING???  Bobo,, excellent idea!!  We can all watch the party!! And lunch with Hair's mom?  OMG,,,,watch the alcoholic beverages,, you don't want to say the things you say to us!  

I think you should make Hair her own special bowl.   Cannot wait for Friday!

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Don't waste great dessert....I am on my way over!! Lol. I might have to try the eclair cake myself. Recipe??

Here are my contributions:

Chocolate truffles (chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk)

Ambrosia salad (cream cheese, whipping cream,fruit and marshmallows..oh and coconut)

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

How about melted chocolate, and fruit for dipping.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

yummy,, but need more fattening stuff!!! Want lots of calories.

• fiaranch1
    edited March 2015

Spookie - I may just break down and do fruit with chocolate for dipping also

Bobo - I am leary of white table cloth's , HAIR's mother does not appear to have a lot of class at least from what I have seem thus far . DS has dated HAIR for 3 years and this will be only the 3rd time I have seen her . I volunteered to drive though as I want to be in control of how long/or short the day is !

Andrea here is the recipe ...........Really is very good . PS how long till you get biopsy results?

Chocolate Eclair Cake

1 cup water

1/2 cup butter

1 cup flour

4 large eggs

1 8 oz package of cream cheese softened

1 large box (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding

3 cups Milk

1 8 oz container of cool whip (thawed) . NOTE I use real whipped cream versus the cool whip

Hersey's Chocolate Syrup ( I use the Hersey's Special Dark sauce, less sweet and both DH and DS lke it better)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 glass baking pan

Eclair Crust: In a medium saucepan melt butter in water and bring it to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in flour. Mix in 1 egg at a time mixing completely before adding another egg. Spread mixture into pan covering the bottom and sides evenly. If the sides are too grease you won't be able to get the mixture to stay up the sides so just don't grease too much. Bake for 25-40 minutes just until golden brown (in my oven it only takes 25 min). Don't overcook . Remove from oven and let cool. Don't touch or push the bubbles down .

Filling. Whip the cream cheese in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl make the vanilla pudding using the 3 cups of milk .Make sure pudding is thick before adding cream cheese. Slowly add pudding to cream cheese, mixing until there are no lumps. When the crust is completely cooled pour the filling in . Frost with whipped cream (however thick you want it) . Top individual servings with Hersey's syrup just before serving.

This is better when made a day ahead so the filling/whipped cream has a chance to get good and cold.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015

Desserts with lots of calories, you ask? Any recipe that calls for Oreos and whipped cream, like the Oreo fluff dip, it also has marshmallows, a pupple cake has the most as it is actually cake, pie and a bunch of other stuff, or possibly anything with a cheat recipe from Applebee's or Cheesecake Factory. Those two places are the worst for calories. Is it still cold? You could serve frozen white hot chocolate, or alcoholic drinks with ice cream. Both have many calories! Pinterest has a high calorie dessert category with tons of options!

Yes, live streaming so we can actually see Hair munch away! Bowls of candies are an awesome idea!

In the bag Glennie!

Still in the bag for you too Andrea. It really is a strange reality for us, isn't it?

The angel wing and heart were magnificent! I believe in signs and DP was surely sending them!