Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

M, I can't wait until my cousin gets home so I can ask her stuff. Yesterday's photo shows them hiking in an area with red rocks and fine-leafed trees. Cousin is sitting on the ground with paramedic talking to her. The next photo shows her being carried out on a stretcher by "14 Australian hunks". Her bone was set and they're returning today. She obviously leads an interesting life.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Oh no, Birdie! She broke her leg? Yikes.

S, you mention NOLA. Have we decided on hotel? I have not booked ours yet. Who is going? And will we all stay at the same hotel?

M, I want to reproduce your fun day with the prink ribbon ladies. Sigh!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

S:  you can come down and visit here!  Not this weekend, though,, cuz I have to do bowel prep. I won't be any fun this weekend. Come in 2 weeks!!  I'm off every other weekend, so we will coordinate!

Bobo:  I think it would be great to all stay at same hotel.  Do you have any places in mind?  I'm willing to share room,,,not a bed though,, cuz trust me,, no one wants to sleep with the Hot Flash Queen. 

Wren:  I want to hear about those adventures too! Broken leg??? Yikes!!!

Update:  saw the prick neurosurgeon. It was not so bad. They have 3 poodles in the office! After making sure I would sign all the paperwork, things were ok, not rude at all.  He wants 2 more x-ray views  (did that already) and EMG.  Told him I've been trying for 3 weeks to get EMG scheduled. His office got me scheduled tomorrow! Different doctor than the one I was trying,, but not the jerk I saw last time, so that's good. Then I go back and see him on Friday and we will go over the new xrays and the EMG.  He is actually thinking it is carpal tunnel right now!  **shock** My neck is a frigging mess,,that even I can see on xray and MRI, but he says EMG test will tell for sure. So hopefully I'll find out on Friday. He didn't seem really worried about the cyst, but I'll find out Friday if it needs removing. The good thing is that I may not need surgery (!) and that if it is carpal tunnel, I can try PT, etc for a while.  If no response,, I still have appt with that other guy in April and can get his opinion. But at least, neck does not seem like emergency.   **whew**

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

Grumble. So much for spring!!!!image

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

In the bag, Glennie.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Andrea:  how are you feeling today??  How is Barney??

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015

Hey girls, computer seems to be working this morning. Glennie, if this guy is right and I really hope he is, this could be a lot more manageable than you thought! I am really happy that it wasn't a shitty experience for you. Been thinking about you and Andrea and hoping for good news!

Wren, I am willing to bet that your cousin will have a great story to tell, our Emergency Services guys have a great reputation, so I am betting they took great care of her. Red dirt and fine leaf trees, not sure, maybe Ayers Rock, but there is red dirt, in lots of places. I hope this doesn't prevent her from doing other things she had planned.

Wow, Spookiesmom, that's hot for Spring isn't it?

Sc, I am double flipping the bird, to your DH and DD, how dare they! I am with Glennie, why don't you take off and visit Glennie for a weekend and let them get along without you for a bit. They so, don''t deserve all you do for them. Hug to you! of course I would suggest you visit me too, I'd love to have you, but that's a big trip!

Easy peasy Bobo, you just need a day off to do it, or come here and I'll take you out for the day! How's our Princess getting on, better yet?

Hi Z, that was a quick post! Everything ok? Is the snow melting yet? How are all the new baby animals doing?

So no one else sees the butterfly, too?

Another busy day today, but it isn't going to be too hot, thank goodness, I am so over the humidity this year. I have had more bad hair days this year than any other time in my life here. I got used to it when visiting Asia, when I was working, but at home it is weird!

I don't know how many are shaving their heads at this event today, but I have my clippers ready!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

Glennie, that sounds like good news to me!  Glad the appointment went ok, and you did not need to cause a fracas  :)

M, I see the butterfly too!

Geez SG, your DD is pushing the envelope!  she needs to pull her head in.  So, is you DH not living with you?  is it just you and DD?

How did lunch with HAIR's mother go?

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015

I would like to stay at the same hotel as everyone. Since it is around July 4th, we need to make reservations. Any ideas, I will follow where you lead!

Whoa! Way too hot for March, Spookie! It was around 72 here today and should go down tomorrow. I just can't believe it was so hot there! At this rate you won't be able to leave the house by summer!

Glad things are moving right along, Glennie. I don't know if I buy the carpel tunnel, but we can all hope it is an easy fix!

How is Barney doing, Andrea?

Wren, I totally skipped over the broken leg part! Oh my! I hope she is okay-no lasting effects. I wonder if our insurance pays out of network to the Australian government?

Glad you have been having cooler busy days M! You always seem to be on the go! I don't know how you do it! Thanks for the double birds! Yes, they do deserve it! It is amazing how much alike they are considering they are not biologically related. Nurture has surely won out here and not in a good way! My patience is wearing thin and I am preferring to remain in my room...alone!

Where is our Hair story this afternoon, Fia? You have made me laugh until I cried and have lifted my spirits! Can't wait for the next installment!

Have LE consult late Friday morning. Wouldn't be too bad except for the 11/2 hour drive each way! Like Gilda Radnor used to say, "if it's not one thing, it's another!" Hope everyone is having a good one! S

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

Yay Glennie!! Glad that went better than expected, I bet you feel SO much better now... in the bag for you.. I hope the good news continues!

S, I am also flipping the bird to those two as well, you don't deserve this type of treatment, I think you need to incorporate the... what is it... french flavored bitchface silence... and not be drawn into their nastiness.

Wren, I somehow missed an earlier post too... sorry to hear about your cousin... ouch.. but cool about the Australian hunks lol.

And M is off again!!! I'll take a look for the butterfly.... hope you have a great day with the clippers.. sounds like fun :)

I'd like a Barney update too!

Spookie.. omg.. that is TOO much TOO soon!

We got in the 50's today and gosh what a relieve to have some mild weather and sun shining and a good deal of that hideous dirty snow has vanished and all the ice is gone.... things are looking up!

Had a horribly busy day at work... my head is pounding ... going to veg on the sofa and watch some tv.

Bobo, didn't you have a hotel already in mind or something?

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Awww, Sc, I hate to see you feeling so flat. Any chance of getting a GF to go with you on the drive for the appointment and make a day of it? Shopping, a movie, maybe some pampering, get your nails and feet done? Even just a really nice lunch somewhere? I'd go with you!

I am hanging for a Hair story too, Bec loved the VS lingerie bag story, she finally has a better story than me going berserk every time she washes with a tissue in a pocket!

Thank you Dawny! I thought it was just me. I am in awe of how she managed that! I can see the antennae and that big sideways wing as well as the Angel wing...clever girl our DP!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

Yay Glennie!! Glad that went better than expected, I bet you feel SO much better now... in the bag for you.. I hope the good news continues!

S, I am also flipping the bird to those two as well, you don't deserve this type of treatment, I think you need to incorporate the... what is it... french flavored bitchface silence... and not be drawn into their nastiness.

Wren, I somehow missed an earlier post too... sorry to hear about your cousin... ouch.. but cool about the Australian hunks lol.

And M is off again!!! I'll take a look for the butterfly.... hope you have a great day with the clippers.. sounds like fun :)

I'd like a Barney update too!

Spookie.. omg.. that is TOO much TOO soon!

We got in the 50's today and gosh what a relieve to have some mild weather and sun shining and a good deal of that hideous dirty snow has vanished and all the ice is gone.... things are looking up!

Had a horribly busy day at work... my head is pounding ... going to veg on the sofa and watch some tv.

Bobo, didn't you have a hotel already in mind or something?

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Can we get a head count for NOLA?  Maybe if we have many rooms to book, we can get discount rate?

**me**  And I'm willing to share a room.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d124176-Reviews-Quality_Inn_Suites_Maison_St_Charles-New_Orleans_Louisiana.html

I plugged in July 6-9,,, not sure of our exact dates,, and this place came up at $99 a night. 

Bobo:  does Vinnie have hotel recommendations?

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Love that Hotel! I can't make any firm plans this far out. Can I just be the wild card, that may make it, but may not? I am sorry to be so airy fairy, but it's hard for me to get away unless I know everything is covered here. If I can make it and there aren't any rooms left, I can do a roll away, in with anyone who is willing to share, if that's ok.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Definitely, M!!!

I have a FB friend who lives in NOLA,,, I've reached out to her for advice on where to stay and places to go.

• wren44
    edited March 2015

Re my cousin. I'm assuming it wasn't a major bone or she wouldn't be able to travel so soon. I'm thinking maybe ankle or something. She was right about them being hunks. I'm hoping they weren't climbing Ayer's rock. I disapprove of people interfering with places sacred to the natives.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Wren, I only thought of Ayers Rock because of the red earth, it isn't encouraged that you climb the rock, it is a sacred place, but it isn't banned, many people still do it. It is a really hard climb and many have died, doing it.

Meant to say that the travel insurance would cover all that, with usually, just a a small excess charge.

The shave and fundraiser went really well, there were 2 of us doing the shaving and the multicolor hair, I shaved one head and did 6 multi color hair spray.......... "Scuse me, while I kiss the sky!" OMG, I breathed in a lot of that spray, feeling a little stoned! LOL

Thank you Glennie! I would love to be able to say "I'm in!"

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

M, I was worried you were getting your beautiful hair shaved off. I can't say for sure if I am going to NOLA either (hurry up Greencard), but if I do I will share a bed with you, or anyone else. Except apparently our little furnace, Glennie.

I don't move when I sleep ..but supposedly I snore a bit. But that is only heresay.lol

Glennie, did you look at all the photos of that hotel? Mostly nice. A few sketchy ones. They are pisted by past guests.

Yay for your doctor Glennie.

Java, thank you for suggesting JH hospital. I am going to check out cancer center in town tomorrow too.

DD woke me up when she got up for bathroom at 4:00 a.m. and I need to get some more sleep. Another busy day tomorrow.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Hi Andrea, no, no chance, of me shaving my head today!

Same hearsay over here, I am supposed to snore too!LOL

I am so tired, must have an early night. Not much happening here tomorrow....chat tomorrow! M x

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Snorers are welcome!  (hurry up Greencard! Surely by July??)  Sharing a room is the way to go, me thinks, as it will reduce our costs. From just a quick glance, French Quarter hotels are pricey!  I saw the reviews and a lot of people didn't really like the place. Open to other suggestions!  I was just scrolling down the list and picked the first one that was under $100/night.  I guess we need exact date and number of people to do some serious looking.

EMG test at 11,,,, oh fun.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Hey. There is another sister, Mistyb, who's going to Vinnie same time as me. She was kind enough to do our research for us. I was thinking of looking into the Monteleone first. But I haven't done anything yet. Here are her notes. I want to make sure the hotel I stay at is around some food! I don't want to be out in the middle of nowhere, if I can help it...

This is from Misty:

The gal from the Center gave me 3 hotels: Hotel Montelone, Clarion Gr Boutique (3 blks from center and over a restaurant $105/night---but list says $95.99 contracted price???), Hotel Indigo- 5 blocks from center -new w/free breakfast and restaurant on site). Other than Montelone, I would check the surrounding neighborhood for the 2nd 2.

Center's list of who I called:

*Hotel Monteleone (my choice #2) 214 Royal St Rooms Available $109/night

Omni Royal Orleans Hotel Rooms Available $179/night

New Orleans Marriott 555 Canal St $169/night

Then I started calling in FQ2

Prince Conti Hotel $179/night

Omni Royal &179/night

Place d'Armes Hotel (This is where we're staying) $179/night

Hotel St Marie --- I nixed because one of the reviews from a week ago said they had found a drowned cockroach in a water glass on a tray by the elevator that sat there all day..... ahhh... no thanks

Marriott- In FQ but barely. Didn't call them

Bienville house-also in FQ but barely

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Yes, It would be great to be able to stay in the FQ as parking is scarce from what I hear! So it would be a pain to be driving in everyday. And if we are in walking distance of everything,, no worries if we get intoxicated!!

Yay for Misty !!!

Hotel Montelone is 1.5 miles from Vinnie.  There seems to be plenty of restaurant nearby. From the google map it doesn't seem to be right in the FQ,, Jackson Square is a few blocks away.

The Clarion and Hotel Indigo are very close to Vinnie.  Prices look a little higher.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

Does the street car still run in the middle of Canal St? Good way to get around if it does.

Good luck Glennie!!

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

Morning/Evening All ,

Glennie so glad your results may not be as invasive as you thought

Andrea - Still in the bag and thinks good thoughts

Bobo- Have you had a chance to get bloor work yet ? Worried about your energy

ND Girl - I think it was you that asked about Stacey (JSJ) I message with her alot . She is doing good just exhausted. She is trying to stay so positive. I told her sometimes you just need to be a bitch !

SC- Your DH and DD need a swift kick from all of us here

Dawny - The shopping and lunch with HAIR's Mother is this coming Saturday . Last time I saw here she said "so if this relationship moves forward , how many kids does Matt (DS) want? " I said kids? they would have a hard time keeping a goldfish alive . Besides who would do the laundry. " I don't think she has a very good impression of me and I could care less ! If it were up to her they would have been married a years ago .

Indigo Hotel - I stayed there alot when I was traveling to Atlanta for work. A very cool hotel . They cater to pets so there are water bowls in the lobby and dog biscuits at the check in desk .

Yesterday I started cooking for the Friday night dessert event. HAIR volunteered to help with dishes which she never does . I should have realized is was so she could lick every single bowl of battter/pudding ........

M - The head shaving event sounds entertaining.

OK YESTERDAY'S TOP HAIR STORY

HAIR (to DS) - My oil light is on in my car

DS: Well go buy 10W 230 oil and there is a pour spout in the garage. I can help you when I get back

HAIR: I have to get it now as I have to go tan after school

DS: Fine

HAIR : Later in the Day to DS. I put the oil in and the light is still on ... The spout was too big for the whole thingy so oil got all over the street.

DS: How much oil did you put in ?

HAIR : 4 quarts

DS: 4 FOCKING quarts , WTF you can't need 4 FOCKING quarts.

HAIR: Well the light is still on so I thought I needed more

DS: Lets go show me what you did ................

ME: Watching them through the living room window................ Lot of screaming and hand waving................... Then I see her do what she always does "pulling the chick crying card"

They come in and she stomps up the stairs to her bedroom

ME to DS: What the hell happened

DS: You won't believe it, she was trying to put the oil in the little hole where the dipstick goes..............................

ME to DS: You know at some point you have to determine just how much good looks and getting laid are worth to you

DS: Yup

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

OMD!!!!! Run, run, son!!!!!!

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

You mean you Don't put in in the dipstick hole??? Lol

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

That was hysterical!! Your last comment to DS,,, priceless!     Keep those stories coming, Fia!!

Back from EMG. Really nice doctor. I liked her. Test wasn't too painful this time. Results tomorrow.

• wren44
    edited March 2015

Glennie, Glad the test wasn't awful. Good luck on results tomorrow.

Fla, Agree with Glennie about your post. Especially his comeback to your remark.

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Finally! Here's Teddy.image