Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

Took Teddy for his first Vet check . He has worms and respiratory issues. They gave me meds for both (free). His sneezing/coughing could be stress, but he gave me antibiotics to for him anyway(also free).

Otherwise in great shape. Good thing we have a one year health guarantee.

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

I keep nodding off in dentist waiting room. Kind of a tiring week, and no signs of slowing down.

Ooops I did it again........zzzzzzz.......

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

OMD IM IN LOVE!!!!!! I wanna hug and kiss that wittle nose!!!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015

OMG, no wonder you named him Teddy! He's gorgeous. Andrea! I hope he gets over his little health issues and you have a wonderful time with him. How are you doing? Feeling better? I hope there wasn't anything much done, at the Dentist.

Glennie, so glad your test wasn't too bad, fingers crossed for the results tomorrow. Thinking about you!

All those Hotels sound fine!

Cool here this morning, looks like rain. Nothing much that I have to do today, so I may have a lazy day after I clean up after the damn birds again.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

Teddy is adorable!!  Sorry that he has worms and resp issues,, hope everything clears up quickly.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Fia, that is another priceless story, just be thankful she tried the dipstick hole, and not the radiator!

Sounds like the tanning is a bit of an obsession too! Just how crispy brown is she? I wonder if she knows that all that tanning will hit with a vengeance and she'll be looking a lot older, than she really is, tanned, but sharpeyish!

Ooooh, how I hate the crying card. Isn't it funny how it comes so easy to some as the way to get out of something, yet others just about choke, rather than let themselves be seen as crying, over something?

Waving to everyone...back soon...M x

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Aww, thank you Spookie! He weighs only 3.5 lbs.

Thanks M and Glennie. He is so sweet. Diva just loves him.

My son was just getting his teeth cleaned. Chose to sit in the Red chair. It is sooo comfy. Just a red, leather club chair. I fall asleep everytime I sit in it, lol.

I think Barney might actually be fading. Maybe I did have an infection after all. Bruises are changing color, and no new ones!! Yay.

MRI for spine tomorrow. I will probably nap then too. Lol.

Fingers crossed Glennie for good results.

Did I tell you that my sister is coming from Canada to visit me for two weeks in April? I am sooo excited!!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

HA! Love the hair stories!!!!! Dipstick hole indeed... I am totally ignorant when it comes to cars and even I would know better than that... wow... what was she going to school for?? Something to do with nursing or something??? (scary, if so).

I am planning on going.. is that the dates July 6-9? We can try Groupons or living social, they have good deals on there.. but I think you might have to do that closer to the date. This is probably ridiculous, but I feel if I buy tickets or book rooms now, something might happen. Maybe because that's how things always work out for me lol.

M, I can't stand women who cry at the drop of a hat either, drives me crazy... just want to slap them silly.

Andrea, he is adorable!!

Page change and of course I forgot most of what I read... sorry for anybody I missed !

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

ooooo, it's the dessert buffet tomorrow night, right? *can't wait*

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Hey I! I think we are driving in the 6th. The 7th is DLLP's birthday. The 8th is Vinnie. And then the 9th or 10th we will leave.

More Hair stories! They are just getting better and better. See? Now DS will think twice about having Hair do that oil thing herself, and he will step in to do it for her.

Oh, forgot about the dessert buffet! I just cannot wait. I cannot wait. Fia, you are better than Sia. And that is saying a lot!

Idesim, looking for a hotel with spa, heated pool, bar in the pool, french fries! Right?

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

YAY that Barney is fading!!  Fingers crossed that it was just an infection.  Oh, the things we hope for,,,,, I bet that is a really comfy chair. Get to lay down for MRI,, hopefully you'll get a nap.  And YAY for your sister coming to visit.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Yay, Andrea, Barney is fading..sensational!

In the bag for the MRI! Counting down till this over for you!

ldesim, glad you feel that way too. Bec says I am a tough old bird, 'cause I don't fall for that shit, I can usually pick a genuine one. You get used to it working for an airline. Anyone who can burst into sobs because you won't give them an upgrade or they ask for a wheelchair to the gate and you refuse them an Exit Row, need to be slapped till they really cry!

Hi Bobo,everyone doing well again? Have you had any rest?

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

Andrea, did your vet mention NutriCal for Teddy? When Spookie came home she was 2#. My vet said it was really easy for the little ones to go hypoglycemic, and sent us home with a tube of it. He raises Yorkies. We never needed it, glad I had it.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

Well, I'm bummed. Had appt with PCP today. Second time I've seen him. He thinks I'm slipping into CHF, my ejection fraction has dropped. Thanks adriymicin. He wants me to have a CT scan, new guidelines recommend it for those who have smoked for more than 15 years. And finally, since my back has been hurting a LOT the past week, I'm having a MRI to rule out Mets. Oh, and see a derma for skin check, suspicious spot on my arm.

Damn.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

Andrea, That is the cutest dog I can imagine. Teddy is a perfect name. All puppies and kittens need to be wormed, so that's not a big deal. I hope the respiratory problem clears right up. I can't believe you can sleep during an MRI. You could probably sleep on the airport runway if you can sleep thru that.

Bobo, Do they heat pools in Florida in the summer? I can't imagine July not being hot enough to cook eggs on the sidewalk - and muggy too.

Since I can't make NO, everyone must go to Cafe du Monde and have a coffee and beignet. They're really good after a night of drinking. I worked for Pan Am in Houston and we would fly over to NO, stay up all night partying and catch a flight back the next day. No hotel needed.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Well that all sucks. 

• wren44
    edited March 2015

It sure does.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

L and I were discussing beignets!! Looking forward to trying those.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015

Sorry spookie.

Cute teddy. Glad Barney is now yellow.

Just tired. Will catch up later.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Spookie, that's shitful! I have everything crossed for you and I am in the bag for any tests!

Hmmmm, deep fried choux pastry, not sure about that one.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

Thanks M. I'll be on the phone tomorrow setting all this up.

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

Spookie, that all sucks.. hopefully everything is nothing and hopefully you get appts. quickly... in the bag for you.

Z, I hope you get some rest and will feel a little better... do you think it's just the end of winter blahs?

M, I think I got it from my Father... the worse thing you could ever do was cry in front of him, he would get so annoyed! He had zero tolerance for tears.

Bobo.. Heated pool.. oh yes, that's a must in 110 degree weather :) Meant to text you, but I've been so slammed at work and I forget.. how is Princess?

Wren, I was telling Glennie about beignets.. heaven!! Were you a stewardess too?

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

Crap on a chapstick Spookie! That is a lot going on, geez. I hope you can get apps fairly quickly to get everything checked out. In the bag. X

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

M, deep fried.. enough said. :)

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

Teddy is soooo cute!! Hope his health issues clear up. More photos please! more, more! Lol. Glad Barney seems to be fading, that would be so awesome for it to be an infection only. Yay!

Love the HAIR car story! Fia, in my excitement and anticipation of the upcoming HAIR's Mum story, I thought the lunch was sooner than it actually is! Lol

In the bag Glennie

I wish I could go to NOLA too, but at present I feel I would need to include the whole family in an overseas holiday. And to bring three others would probably cost $20,000. I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear you lot cackling! Lol. Need written reports, and actual conversations.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Spookie, crap on a chapstick! Already in the bag as you book your appts.

Birdie, you are totally right. A pool will not be heated in July. Except by the sun. I just meant that we shouldn't have to slam into a cold pool. Anyway I will not be allowed to swim.

Andrea, is Barney really turning yellow? Could we be that lucky? I am excited. Please report in. I so hope it is a curable infection, that is obviously so much better than an mx.

M! **waving** Of course you don't like silly girls who bust out crying as a means to an end. I must say, I am hard pressed to cry myself. I was a pretty cool customer when I was first diagnosed. Except I cried all the time when when our princess was diagnosed. To answer your question, I am pretty tired. I am not bounced back from sx. Hot flashes starting up again. Blood test tomorrow.

I, our princess seems better. Better enough to be naughty. We're trying to 'crack down' and be super consistent. Oof.

Z tells me it is St Patrick's this weekend. I had totally forgotten. And then Easter. Also not on my radar. What would I do without you, Z? The Easter bunny spends a fortune at my house to get holistic candy.

M, how is our Colin #1? XXX

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Spookie, I am so sorry. Hoping for good resulrts!

I apparently can sleep anywhere...except my bed. Or maybe that us why I drop off everywhere...because I get so little sleep at night.I dare say my spine is slightly improved...slightly. still glad to be getting m MRI on Friday.

It seems like Barney is changing. Kind of brown/orange. Still looks odd. But not as sore.

I finally stuck with a routine with house training today and Teddy has done wonderfully!!

Must sleep....visions of a dessert bar floating in my head.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

in the bag for Bobo's blood work, and Spookie's appt's.   Shall I bring the veggie dumplings?

Andrea, glad that Barney is changing color. Sounds like he is on the mend!  And we NEED more puppy pics!!  I hope to dream of desserts too.

• javafriend
    javafriend Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015

Spookie, so sorry you are going through all that.  In the bag for all tests.

Andrea, I am so glad that Barney seems to be improving.  In the bag for MRI tomorrow.  Teddy is absolutely adorable.  When we meet for lunch, we should find a dog friendly place!

Bobo, glad the princess is doing better.  I hope your bloodwork is good and they can get you feeling more energetic.  I think is is very exciting that you are going to see Vinnie.  Since I will probable not do reconstruction, I think I will eventually do a decorative tattoo on my chest.  At least a year out before I decide on anything though.

NO sounds like great fun. Unfortunately, I will have absolutely no leave from work after being off for surgey and radiation.  I  just hope I have leave by November, or will be going unpaid during trip to Australia.   It will be hot and humid probably, so I would think staying in the FQ area would be better.  Cafe DuMond is a must, as are Hurricanes and Po'boys. 

Fia, no wonder Hair's mother is pushing to get her married off.  You can't make up those stories.  Sounds like your son maybe wising up though (one can hope).  Enjoy the dessert buffet tomorrow.  The recipes you post sound delicious.

SC, I hope your DD is settled down and giving you a break.  We definitely need to make plans to meet in the spring for lunch.

Glennie, glad your test was not so painful and that they are thinking carpal tunnel. 

M, I thought of you and Dex today.  Our neighbor down the street had a cute little dog that was outside running all over, evading her.  I got out of my car and the pup ran right over to me, so I was able to pick it up for her.

The weather was beautiful here today.  What a difference a week makes.  Last week we had 6 inches of snow, today it was almost 60 degrees.  Rhapsody and I went to the lake and took a 2 mile hike.  Car shopping tomorrow, then choir practice.  We have 2 choir concerts this weekend.  Have a great weekend everyone.

• wren44
    edited March 2015

In the bag for Bobo and Spookie.

Glennie, Are they like potstickers? They sound good. I do not want to dream of dessert buffet. I want to dream of losing 5 lbs easily.

M, Deep fried and rolled in powdered sugar. Impossibly sweet and wards off hangovers.

L, I was in reservations. Spent much of the time on the rate desk figuring out the fares for really complicated trips. It was so long ago there were rules besides screw the customer.