Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015

Oh Java, you're wonderful for doing that! I was so grateful to the ladies who chased my naughty boy down when he went rogue! Hahah I love that term, even if it more suited to elephants!

Car shopping, how exciting. What are you going to get? There have been TV ads recently for a new Honda HRV, I have had mine since brand new in 2000 and it is my fave car ever. I have wondered what I would do when I have to consider another car, so I am so pleased this has been released. I might even check it out, to see what this new version is like.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Wren, as soon as I read powdered sugar, I thought "Oh no, couldn't eat those with the girls!", I have a habit of laughing, when I am eating something with that powdered sugar, I breathe it in and end up almost choking to death! lol

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Wren I bow down to you. You must be super dooper smart! Doing fares and ticketing was, is, the hardest thing, the rules and the regs, the coding, that go with it.are mind blowing. I did some res and rebooking etc when i was doing the check in counter and when I was in the RCC lounge, for passengers, but anything to do with ticketing and fares made my eyes glaze over!

ldesim, I know exactly what you mean, I have never been one to cry, but if it did start, I would do anything to hold it back. I never wanted to be seen as a wussy female. When it comes to real heart wrenching stuff, that's different, I cried a river for Vi and could not care who saw me do it, I sobbed and cried for DP while I was out walking Dex, but I think that's completely different.

I have never used tears, to get what I want from a man! Works for some, I know! LOL

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015

I have Andreas problem tonight. Can't sleep. Ugh. In the bag for tomorrow.

I think my fatigue is mostly emotional. Time change not helping. Rainy weather not helping. Had so much rain that 20" of snow gone in about 36 hours.

Fried dough. Yum! I so want to go. Have to see what happens in April at my two yr anniversary.

Fia I bet you are still baking! I second the bowls of candy and big bowl of whip cream. In fact leave the bowls of candy out permanently. Pretty, shiny wrappers in pastel colors now. Many different varieties of m&ms available. Keep the stories coming!

Yes it's outrageous what I spent on Easter candy. Irish Easter eggs. Cha Ching! Books and bubbles.

Java. Good luck car shopping.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Hiya Z, sorry you're up, having trouble sleeping. Are you just left with slushy snow stuff, to deal with now?I can see the seasons changing here, it won't be long till I am telling you how cold I am. We should get a bit of nice weather now, before the cold hits, but I doubt we will be getting any more super hot days. It feels like I just did the Summer change over into my wardrobe and soon it will be the Winter stuff. I am amazed at how little I actually use now that I am here. In the city, I wore all my clothes, but maybe the changeover to Mx stuff has made a difference too, who knows.

Colin has been battling the computer tech support on the phone for a couple of days now, he is ready to burst a blood vessel! He ordered an external CD drive machine to go with the new laptop and the door won't open. I have used every bloody USB in the house, stuck pins in the release hole, tried it with my computer and the door seems to be jammed shut. I finally cracked it and grabbed the damn thing, while the dainty little girl on the phone was saying for the 3000th time, "So what you're saying is, the door is stuck?" I pushed both thumbs into the corners of door and shook it hard, voila! It opened and she says "So, now you are saying, the door is not stuck!" Colin went a funny color and I thought he would blast her, but he thanked her for nothing and said that's 2 long days, I'll never get back! I am the hero...bahahaha Now I am playing some fantastic remixes of sensational old songs my ex did years ago, really, really, loud on the sound system. nananana nana,nanana hey hey hey........goodbye!.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

Ooooo, I bet Colin went a funny color!!! Those tech support people can ask such inane questions.

Java, good luck on car search. I have a Honda FIT and I love it. This is my 3rd Honda,, had my Accord for 19 years. Love these cars.

Wren, yes, like potstickers.  Steamed, not fried,,, little dumplings with veggies in them. The chicken ones are good too. That heavy stuff is really good for hangovers. Krispy Kreme is open 24/7 here and it is right by the university!

M:  no choking!! NO powdered sugar for you. My best friend has an issue with strongly applied black pepper. she will go into such a coughing fit, tears running and everything. It is not fun to watch. You feel like she is never getting her breath back. The only time I cried over my BC was when I wondered what would have to Ava if something happened to me. You just didn't cry in my childhood home.  **I'll give you something to cry about** Much better to be stoic. Plus I got all this shit "girls can't do this,, girls can't do that"  so I had to really not be a "girl".

Z:  we want you to come too.  Any sleep aides help?  Valium, Ativan?  Anything to relax you?  Hoping you have good weather soon. Sunshine helps me a lot.  Two days of dreary weather and I've had it. Was in Walgreens yesterday and there was like aisles of Easter candy!  OMG!  Fia,, you can find many individually wrapped items to leave in bowls around the house!Happy

Off to see the neurosurgeon about my EMG results. Then hitting a garage sale for the local school for disabled kids. My neighbor used to teach there, and now volunteers.  Says they have tons of stuff so I'll go check it out and support the school.       

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

I would love to have someone to go garage saling with. Love looking for treasures!

Spookie, just keep thinking about you and sending positive thoughrs your way.

Now about crying....I used to cry easily. Never to get my own way (couldn't squeeze a tear out for that). But a sharp word would cut like a knife. Ir if I was frustrated. Mostly it made me feel so vulnerable. Hated it!!

Now the other day I had a run in at our clinic with a snotty doctor who was condesending and rude. It was a perfect example of what would make me dissolve in tears normally.But I didnt. And I plan on calling today and complain about him.

But as he was ranting I actually thought to myself "hey, I'm not crying. I battled cancer , had huge losses this last month, and have a mysterious Barney boob. Screw you, if you think you can take me down." Should have said it out loud. Next time. (Would have flashed him Barney if my son had not been in the room).

I had a good night sleep, but woke up with new bruising..what the??? At the gym now riding on the recumbant bike. Not over doing it.

Waiting to hear everyones results and hoping for good news all around.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

Z. A long time ago I think I asked you if you had heard of a movie that was filmed in your area. I couldn't remember the name. I remembered, finally. The Flim Flam man. Starred George C Scott, bunch of other big names. Won Academy Award for music

Was filmed in Anderson County in 1967. Going to watch it tonight. For a blast from the past, and a giggle. You might like it too.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

good for you Andrea!

Standing by for results. Good, bad and ugly.

No slush. Snow gone. We had that much rain. Flooding. Squishy ground and muddy puddles to jump in and float a toy boat. Kids having multiple baths.

Nap, swimming lessons today. Basketball and hopefully parade tomorrow. And always housework and laundry. Where is that fairy when you need her?

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

I remember Dukes of Hazard and some horse movie filmed at Keeneland. Sea biscuit? And one about scandal and drugs and murder. May be more than one?

Don't remember that one but I was just born. Will check it out.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

Hey All,

Oh Spookie I have everything crossed for you as well !!

Andrea That Teddy is ADORABLE .

Of course today would be one where  got up feeling like crap  (thanks arimidex) .  Lots to do as now I am in fact expected to go to the dinner . I thought  would have more time to set up the desserts ...Oh well I fell good that my son and his friends want me to attend the dinner..................     Will check in sometime tomorrow to fill you all in . Now off to find stuff to put in bowls ......... as Zills said .............   Here are 2 pics of my DS and HAIR ..So you all have a face to go with  the name  LOL !!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2015

In the bag for everyone today, hoping for good results! Andrea, more Barney bruising? Damn thought that was done, please dont let it go too long and get a second opinion, none of us gals can afford to not be our own advocate.

Fia, thanks for the picture, well, she is pretty for sure, such a lovely setting too, is that your house? Handsome son!! Keep those Hair stories coming, I am going to need them especially next week, DH is having to see a cardiologist and vascular surgeon, he has an irregular EKG and also a small anuerysm on a branch off the aorta that needs to be looked at further, so we have appt all next week, kinda nervous about all this. So many times crap happens after retiring. sure hope that isnt the case here.

Checking back later to see if you gals have some results.

Waving to everyone.

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Just had MRI and taking CD with me. Always fun trying to decipher the films with no medical training, lol.

Can't shake concern about angiosarcoma. Need to talk to BS about benefits of MX and if it would eliminate LE.

Beautiful spring day here. Hope everyone is having a good day!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

ND, Good luck next week. DH had a 5 way bypass operation at age 49, so I share the apprehension when it's heart related.

Fla, Unfortunately, she is a looker. How old is she? Physically, not mentally.

Andrea, Where is the new bruising? Have they checked your blood? I bruise really easily, but think it's related to taking a baby aspirin every day.

• ndgirl
    edited March 2015

Wren, DH had a one only bypass in 2001, he was 58, we walk and sometimes he is fine but last night he said his chest felt "full", but he said it was gas, but I know that is also a symptom of heart. good thing he is getting checked. Thanks

Any of you ladies out there have diabetes? Think maybe Spookie does, anyway has anyone heard of AMLA or Indian Gooseberry Powder to help control it? DH also has Type 2... what next huh?

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Fia, Hair is very pretty. But DS will eventually get tired of things like that oil incident.  Hopefully sooner than later. He is a nice looking guy too.

ND: in the bag for hubby.  Good grief, the fun never ends, does it? Crap.

Andrea:  in the bag. Did you nap during MRI? What will you find out today?  Waiting for report.

Reporting in:  I have carpal tunnel.  I get to wear splints on both wrists, take Motrin or Mobic, and Vitamin B6 and see how it goes. Surgery is possible in the future.  As far as the cyst,,,, he wants 3 month follow-up and repeat MRI in 6 months. Come back sooner if any symptoms change or get worse. If the cyst ever has to come out, he would have to fuse those 2 vertebra as there is already too much movement and removing the cyst would create more movement and that would be bad.  I can still garden and do gentle yoga.  No more chiropractor (M is jumping for joy) and no contact sports. (hahaha, like really?)

Spooks:  What's up with you?  Any appt's today?

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

I do have Type 2, on insulin pump. Do you mean ALA? Some have moderate results using that for neuropathy. Haven't heard of the other. Probably useless anyway.

If it did help, it would be plastered all over the news. Cinnamon pops up now and then too. There have been studies on it, useless for bg control. Makes food taste good!

Is he on oral meds? Don't be afraid of insulin, it's natural, body makes it. Can't always use it, so need help.

Unfortunately, heart issues and D can go hand in hand.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

No appts for me, yet. Working on it.

Yeah, carpal tunnel. No more quack-o-practor!!!!!!!

Have the grands today, that's enough for one day.

Nice looking couple, he will tire of her crap

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

In the bag for all appointments, and standing by with GF beer. Andrea! Second opinion, I hope! I too read my MRIs!

Fia, you are killing me! The pictures are gorgeous! Your son is so handsome! Hair looks empty inside.

In fact... I think she is hungry. Hungry for... dessert!

• ndgirl
    edited March 2015

Spookiesmom , yes on oral meds, not afraid of insulin, probably next, our youngest son has been type 1 since 1986 he is now on the pump too. No it is spelled alma, we will try but not holding breath. Wouldn't you think one damn disease is enough? But nope we have a bunch of them.

Glennie, hope no surgery unless very needed. Sure wishing Andrea can get her answers

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

What pump? I'm on the Pod, and Medicare. Sweating what will happen when this contract is up.

• ndgirl
    edited March 2015

Not sure it is made by Medtronics I know, when he was a kid at home I knew every thIng he was on. It is 26 years since he was dx. I will ask him what pump.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Morning girls! I was up and out at 7.15 and hit the garage sales and the Star Auction, Not much that interested me, but I did get a fabulous big Hoya for $5.00 and 2 hand painted and framed Pelican pics for Bec's room. The whole town is taped off with detours, I was driving in circles because there is a big Triathlon on here today.

Glennie, I AM jumping for joy, after what I went through, with the damage a "respected" (wouldn't pee on him if he were on fire) Chiropractor inflicted on me and the stern lecture I received from the Neurosurgeon, about how dangerous Chiros are, I am thrilled you're not doing it any more. Spookiesmom, I hear you, I know you're with me on this one! I hope the surgery will never be required and that you get relief from the carpal tunnel. It's not so bad wearing splints, I wear them on both my hands and wrists when I do any strenuous stuff and when I have a flare. It really helps a lot. I hope they work as well, for carpal tunnel.

Andrea, I am sorry there is more bruising, bugger it, I thought it was fading away. The girls are right, maybe a second opinion? When do you see the BS again? In the bag, for whatever you're doing. Hugs to you, I know this is playing on your mind.

Good for you, next time you'll take that Diktor down! How dare they! I think we should get a list of smart retorts together that we can carry with us, for just these moments,.with condescending asses. I have used my "Well, what if you're wrong?" a few times, when I haven't agreed about something, they're never expecting that and it's like a short sharp slap! LOL It has gotten me tests I wanted done and confirmed a broken bone in my foot that my Doctor said was a sprain. I am perfectly willing to take it on the chin, if I get it wrong.

My Mother had Diabetes, she was Dx around the same time as BC, I had to clear out her kitchen of just about everything she liked and fill it with stuff she was allowed to eat. I checked her blood every day and she was on Metformin.

Fia, lovely looking son, she's pretty too, but pretty doesn't last forever and dumb doesn't work well, when you're much older.

nd, I can imagine how concerned you are. I hate it whent here is something wrong with Colin, as you all know, so I can empathize. I am in the bag with you both at his appointments too.

Hi Z and Bobo, nearly the weekend again! M x

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

oooo, a Hoya,, how nice.  I knew you would be happy about the chiropractor, M!!

Andrea, did you have appt today after MRI?  Or is it next week?  Waiting for update!

Andrea, Spooks, and ND's hubby:  In the bag!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

ND, that is some shitful stuff DH has going on. Is more surgery on the cards then? In the bag

Barney is playing up? Was hoping for just infection, how long will they leave it before any testing/biopsy?

Glennie, that sucks, but I think it is probably a bit of a relief for you? Do you need to wear the splints all the time?

In the bag Bobo for your blood tests.

And Spookies million tests too.

I feel like our little group has so much going on at the moment. Hugs to everyone

Fia, thanks for the pics, we can now "see" HAIR now, when you tell her stories. I must admit, I pictured her blonde, stereotyped, I know, but I can get away with saying that, cos I am blonde! Lol. More highlighted blonde these days, than natural. Nice that you are going to the dinner too. What a nice boy. (Man, I guess)

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

PRB, you doing ok? Xx

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

My next dr appt is Monday with BS. Just one bruise area is new. All the rest are bright yellow...weird.

Glennie, maybe you can get some relief now that that you know what it is

You mentioned Hair wants to be xray tech. Thats what my dad, exhusband and brother used to do

Hair is very pretty. Have they been together long? Is she kind to your son? Is she respectful to his parents?My brother married a very intelligent girl, she would have run circles around Hair. But she did not make any effort to get along with our family, and eventually convinced my brother that we were all against her. He hasnt spoken to us in over 28 years. What we would have given for an airhead who was loving and kind.

The heart issues are scary. I hope you get good news.

Now

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Ladies, I need your help. My DD has a friend over for the weekend. She lives with her 70+ year old father, her mother was abusive. She us a nice girl. Here is the problem: BO. She smellls so bad it almost makes me gag. I pulled my daughter aside andtold her to let her friend know where the towels were if she wants to have a shower. Instead she just put on more perfume.

I dont want to embarrass her, but it is bad.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

I've heard that sometimes physical problems can cause bad body odor. If she's in school, perhaps the school nurse could suggest she see a doctor. Could it be that they don't have running water at home? Or that they don't have a home and are living in a vehicle? I worked with mentally ill adults and those with schizophrenia hated taking baths. I think they found the water unpleasant.

I can't remember how old your DD is. If her friend is not in school, I think you or your DD may need to talk to her, maybe starting with the suggestion that physical problems can cause BO. It does seem to me that the problem should be looked into. I knew someone who accidentally left a tampon in and it created a very odiferous situation.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Andrea, I agree with Wren, but I am assuming you want to do something now, if the kid is there for the weekend. I am thinking that if there is no Mother on the scene and she is living with an older male, perhaps there isn't much communication about hygiene. I know it would be hard to do, but maybe you are going to have to broach the subject with her. I think, if it was me, I may focus on how she's a lovely girl and you don't want her to have issues with other kids, you know, focus on how they have enough things to deal with as teens etc and this is such an easy fix. Maybe give her some scented soap and a can of deodorant to keep for herself. If you can get the communication going it may be a good thing to let her know that the perfume coverup never works and just draws more attention.

I don't envy you that, it isn't something I have ever had to do and I know I'd find it difficult too. All the best!