Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015

I don't think it's the bath mat per say. Just waited too long and our bathroom is tiny.

She just pooped in her diaper. Third night in a row. Argh!

Yesterday was yoga, JS and MMR shot. Took kids to park. Dinner. Homework. Sent them to bed at 7. Still didn't want to get up.

Today was supposed to be Ukrainian egg project at school. Cancelled due to family emergency. Came home and straighted house, gathered tax papers. Took car to be cleaned so my sister can use it this weekend. Taxes, bra shopping for niece, allergy shots, dinner, homework.

Tried to send them to bed early again. Is 8:40 and I can barely keep my eyes open.

Good night. ,

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015

I am not taking a break. I have been keeping up with ya'll by reading posts. I have been going to Lymphedema therapy since last week and my arm to my hand is wrapped. It sucks! Will post more soon!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

Oh, S,, that sucks!!! Does it feel better as least??

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015

Waving Sc, sorry you're having a shitful time. I hope it is making it feel better Hugs to you!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Hi SC! **waving** I look forward to an LE update soon, and a puppy update. Sending you hugs.

It cannot be! PETA kills pit bulls? That is terrible! I do not support them financially, I just noticed the school got that award for the lunches. These days it's downright radical to suggest a vegetarian lunch for kids. It's like, give me a break! As if the old gov't meat they serve, and tater tots and whatever, is healthy.

M, you are right, will pick up some GV today. I agree that it will help digestive systems and I am finally caving.

MD (HW) update: She sent W boy a book this week called '101 ways to bug your parents.' I called her and said, I really dislike that book. She just laughed merrily. Living well is the best revenge. And yet... I am beginning to think of some other kind...

Z, your day sounds amazing and extreme. Bra shopping? How did it go? XX

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

Hey All,

Bobo - Handi Wipe can put that book on one end of the broom stick with the handi wipe, and shove them both up her ARSE..............and then FLY AWAY !!! I too am worried about you . I am glad you will teach yoga, any way you could turn that into your own studio and have that become your career .............. I know you would do well

M- See I am a bitch today as well , mostly about Bond ..................... How dare them continue to put him through so much pain ................

SC - Sorry about the LE but good to hear from you ...........

Andrea and Glennie - you are both making me want dogs again with all the cute pics !!

Zills - Bra shopping how did that go ? your energy is amazing , no wonder you are exhausted .........

Not alot of noteworthy HAIR updates...........They leave early Sunday am for a week in Hawaii.. It has been constant fighting with them . DS said to me the other night "I dont know if i am being used or she really is that stupid". I replied "I think it is both " . Then I said you are old enough to make your own decisions, but it hurts me to see what she puts you through. you deserve better. My advice is use this vacation to reflect on what you really want. I know right now that looks and sex are the 2 primary factors in this relationship. Fast forward 25 years, looks fade, gravity happens and perky stuff falls, sex gets replaced with laughter.............So if you cant laugh now what will you even talk about in 25 years ?

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Fia: you give wise advice!! Hopefully DS will reflect on this vacation. And dogs are great!!  Why not get one?

Bobo:  yes, it is true. PETA considers pit bulls to be too aggressive to live so they want to kill all of them. They don't really believe in having pets at all. I have read articles about what they do to pets that are dropped off with them for rehoming. It is a horror. A very small percent are rehomed. The rest,,,,,,  Please don't google it as it will make you ill.  My chiropractor used to financially support them, until I emailed him some links to read. He doesn't any more!  It is wrong to assume all dogs of a certain breed are vicious. That is like saying all people of a certain race are bad. I will get off my Hate PETA soapbox now.

Not nice of HW to send that book. She is not nice. Period. What can we do?  Cookie bomb Dad again?  I hear that about different revenge,,,,

I've decided not to continue Tai Chi with this coach. I am looking for relaxing peaceful exercise. He is too army-like with his training. It's not what I want. I asked yoga teacher yesterday what other classes might be good for me with my physcial issues and she made a couple of suggestions, so I will try them out.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

Easiest bra shopping ever. My sister texted me her size and I looked for a strapless one in nude. Went to Burlington factory outlet. Yes bobo I know. Selection not great but prices cheap. Able to find a bra and a shaper slip/bra. She's going to wear it for a wedding tomorrow. Couldn't find the press on petals that she's used before. Had to squeeze it in between appts since I was in the big city.

Bra shopping is never fun. My niece is autistic so even less fun. She gets overwhelmed with decisions. And easily side tracked.

Need to try and do some paperwork. Swim lessons this afternoon. And hopefully a nap! It's a rainy day.

Sc thanks for checking in. Hope wrapping helps.

Yes Jennie I think a card would be nice.

HW needs to go hang out with bonds drama queen. B!tch. How dare she. How dare either one.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

Complementary proteins

bobo link to complementary proteins. I'm sure you already know this but it has some good examples/recipes.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2015

sitting in hospital waiting for dh to get called for the heart pet scan, said it could take 1-3 hours geez that is a big span.

PETA should be called pita instead they have no clear concept of nature and animals but they have a clear idea of how to get into people's wallet.

• fiaranch1
    edited March 2015

ND , In the bag for good results for you

Ok all I need to know if anyone else was previously on tamox and then switched to arimidex . I swear it used to take me 60 seconds to go from zero to bitch now it happens in 2 seconds or less. and the ANGER its like I am pissed off all the time ............. I am blaming the arimidex. However I know that others have things far worse than me so I just try not to hit anyone . Today however that was hard ....I am in sprouts (like whole foods but alot cheaper) trying to wait patiently to get some Asparagus............ I finally just barked at this women "are you going to buy anything or do you just come here fondle everything" .......... Luckily she wheeled her cart away from me ...............so I guess I scared her ...........really though for a second I wanted to hit her !!!

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

In the bag, ND,,, that is a long scan. 

Fia,,, can't help you,,, have not been on either of those drugs. But I can understand it,,, some people just take forever to do the simplest thing!!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Fia, I love you! You would just explode if you had to spend a minute with W boy. He is as slow as possible and fondles everything. I need the patience of a saint, and I don't have it.

ND, in the bag! Sorry about your wait. I am flabbergasted that PETA would do that. Z, what appts do you have in the big city? Any important ones? I think your next big scan is in April?

I am having some kombucha right now and chilling out. I got too much sun today. I could not get a whole box of GV, M -- all they had was a gigantic tub that was eight-four dollars. I confess I sent my last box to Z. I hate that stuff. Mmm, I got some Vitamin D, but was not happy with the woman at the store, who started giving me hair tips for our princess. Tell your story walking. I do all that stuff. But our princess did her own hair this morning. There is a lot of african-american hating of our multi-ethnic family, it reallly pisses me off. Oh, and ps, this woman's hair was completely unkempt. Luckily at that moment our princess dropped a glass bottle of vitamins, causing it to smash, and we got the sam hill out of there.

Pit bulls are the best! I have never met a bad one. I could kiss Ava for a whole day. I used to know a woman with a pb rescue/pet shop, and I went all the time just to pet the doggies. There were always ones fresh off of being dumped, and they were the gentlest most loving beings. Sitting on a blankie, waiting for pets.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

ND, In the bag. That is a long wait.

I know what you mean about nonacceptance of multi racial families. Our program coordinator said they were hassled at a cat show by someone who didn't think they should get the family rate. She and her husband are white, her daughter is half African American. A member who volunteers there is going to try to get the woman responsible's

assignment changed to cleaning litter boxes. We get stares when we're out with our grandchildren. The older 2 used to look Asian, which they are, when they were little. Now they look way more middle eastern with beards. The 3rd one looks Caucasian and his little brother looks Asian.

The shelter gets lots of Pit Bulls because several cities around us just put them to sleep. It's nurture, not nature with them. I've seen a few really scary ones who were probably trained to fight. The majority are real sweeties. Ava could be an ambassador for the breed.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

It's the Arimidex. Happened to me, lasted about a week. I never knew what was going to come out of my mouth.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Hello all, chilly this morning and looks like rain.

Where do I start Bobo, your Mother is just impossible, why would anyone send that book to W boy?

iHerb, bobo, for GV, I buy mine there, I get it in a week and they have every size and every version of it. There is the more fruit based one now too, which I haven't tried.

Let me at that woman in the store, or in fact, any other haters. I had my fair share of that shit, with Vi too. Vile people, who need a reality check. I don't think there is anything that disappoints me more with the human race than the fear, of something a little different from their norm. And any kind of negativity directed at children, is unconscionable.

I have never heard that about PETA, why have they not been exposed for this?

FIA, so sorry about the effects of these drugs, but I don't take them either, so can't help. I remember my Mother had lots of se's from Tamox.

ndgirl, that was a long scan. I hope it is done now and your DH is home and comfortable. this stuff is a worry for you. I hope you're doing ok? hugs from me!

Z, I wondered about that bra shopping expedition, you're amazing, off doing bra shopping for someone else, with all you do! Bravo to you!

Still thinking about Bond and how he's doing.I sent a short email and received a lovely answer back saying he appreciates our support and that it always seems to come at just the right time.

Glennie, I am sorry you're not into the Tai Chi,, but you'll find something else too suit you better. I am enjoying this one that I have found, now if I could just find a good beginners yoga or Pilates to get started again, I'd be happy.

Farmers Market is on today, so Dex and I are going for a walk! M x

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Posting at the same time Wren I like the ides to delegate that short sighted pain in the ass woman, to litterbox cleaning!

I loved to see some assholes faces change, when I would introduce Vi as my son. Then I would simply say, "He looks more like his Dad!" Bahahaha That left them thinking!

Hi Spookiesmom, I know that feeling of not knowing what would come out of your mouth, I have had it from other drugs for RA. It's like you want to keep your hand over your mouth to hold it in, horrible feeling. M x

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

Happy Spring ladies!!!

SO glad this work week is over! The office brought lunch in today and we also got the most delicious strawberry shortcake I've had in a long time. It was SOOO good! Had liquor in it too :)

Joe's in the kitchen cooking dinner singing off key to the oldies... my head is pounding and i Just want to tell him to shut up, but he's enjoying himself so much, I don't have the heart to be a bitch.

Next week isn't going to be much better work wise and I will be out most of the day on Wednesday for my yearly MO appt. and my Herceptin infusion. I cancelled my echo which I know will piss my MO off..but they had the damn thing at 4 PM when my other appts are in the morning... no way I'm sitting at the hospital for hours and hours and I sure as hell am not going, leaving and then going back

Good girl Bobo, getting the GV!! I'm telling you, if you just mix a tablespoon up with other stuff in a shake you won't taste it! Just pick bold flavored fruits... banana is a pretty good one.

I've seen similar happen, I have two nieces and a nephew who are part African American, two it is apparent and the other, not as much.. but I've seen "that look". Sometimes it really pisses me off, but most times I just chalk it up to it being their problem (the people judging), not mine.. I just feel bad for the kids.

Fia, I shouldn't laugh.. but I had to chuckle over barking at a woman fondling vegetables. I have no patience for people that dither about. I'd like to blame it on medication, but I've always been like that, no patience at all. My biggest pet peeve is somebody that is standing in front of me in line for a good amount of time and then they finally get to the counter and have no f'ing clue what they want or start digging around in their pocketbooks looking for money. FFS.. really? WTF were you doing when we were standing there, staring vacantly at the wall???

I'm a little shocked about PETA too.. wait tll I see one of those women with their little tables on the street begging for donations.

That's all I've got for now.. my eyes are just too strained to keep staring at this screen.

Hugs and love to you all.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

Oh and can you believe.. it's friggin snowing.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

No, L,,, no more snow!!  It's just not fair!!

What is with people and the judgment stares in this day and age? FFS!   Times have changed, people,,get with the program!!

Fruit-based GV?  I will have to check that out.  I agree that mixing with banana really disguises it.

PETA is evil.  You can google if you want but you'll cry when you read how they kill puppies and kittens. Let me just say:  trust me on this. I follow a lot of bloggers in the pit bull world and that is how I found how about it,, cuz they want to kill the entire breed off. Wren, you are so sweet to say Ava could be ambassador.  My last pit bull was rescued from a fighting ring  and he had scars on his face and no ear flaps. He was a scary looking dog, but he was the sweetest thing in the world. Would have liked him to be ambassador and say,, look where he came from and how sweet he is.

and that woman need the litter box cleaning detail for sure.

Work is insane,,, I am working with Dumb One tonight.  **sigh**  back later,,,,

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Just back from the Market and the weather has changed to a beautiful sunny still day. Dex and I were both panting when we made it up the hill.

Just packed the car for Colin and he is off model Yacht racing for the afternoon. I bought some beautiful huge white peaches at the market, will have 1 with my lunch, sitting here watching the yachts out on the water, they are barely moving and the water looks like glass. You are going into Spring, and here w are getting ready for Autumn and the cooler weather, the thought of all the leaves I'll have to rake, doesn't thrill me, even though I do really love Autumn and the different light it seems to have.

ldesim, more snow? that's outrageous!

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited March 2015

Fia, I was on tamoxifen until January, couldn't bear it any longer, switched to Arimidex in Feb. Took 3 weeks off in between but didn't feel any better. :-(

Too early to say if the SEs will be better, worse, or different. Been getting headaches most days, that's not normal for me, sure hope if it's the drug it subsides when my body gets used to it.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

Partners in crime. Diva looks like she is smiling. Lol.image

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Oh Wow Andrea,they are so gorgeous!

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Thank you M. It is funny to see how Diva's feelings have changed over the past two weeks we have had the pup. Originally she was excited to have a playmate, this was quickly replaced with "why did you do this to me?" (Because he was all over her and using her like a chew toy ), to now playing more with him and thinking he's not half bad. Lol.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

How funny, but I guess it's hard for them, when a new dog is brought into the home, especially after Lucky and they are just expected to get along. I am glad it is working out for everyone.

How is your back today?

I am just getting ready for bed, it is nearly 11.30 and I was planning an early night!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

How cute!!!!! That's what I hoped would happen when Kris came. Spookie is flat out rotten to him. She won't play, he wants to. Poor boy.

• fiaranch1
    edited March 2015

Jennie, With tamox I had hot flashes , queesy stomach and hip pain. I took it for a year and at least it was manageable. With Arimidex, it is headaches, nausea, horrible joint pain everywhere and just plain bitchy . I have been on it for 5 months. I make ginger & tumeric tea and drink that daily. For the horrible days the MO finally gave me pain meds.

Morning to all need coffee will be back later

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Diva is smiling!  The dogs are adorable!

Damn meds!  I have hot flashes w/o them,,,,I can't imagine being on them.  (((( hugs))))

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

I have tolerated Tamoxifen just fine. No hot flashes yet, or nausea. But it might be causing the spine pain possibly. I have been on it for ten months.

I can't even blame it for my bitchiness...but I might. Lol