Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

Z, in the bag early for gyn appt. Fingers crossed no biopsies!

Betty, I am in the bag for you starting now through this week, every minute. I am on stand by. Available by phone also, day or night. XXX

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

Andrea:  let me know how that comes out! Infuser is great idea.

Puppy in the bag is excellent idea!  Puppy kisses help a lot.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

I tried it with ground.  Beware, the yellow color will stain your countertop so be careful! You will want honey, for sure.   In my opinion.  And I don't drink coffee, so had no coffee filters and used paper towel. Did not work really well, but got about 3/4 of a cup. I feel strangely refreshed after drinking it. 

Work time,, 3, 2,,1

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

What are you guys making? Haven't been able to read closely yet since I am on extreme child watch: DLLP called into work for emergency.

Signed on to ask: Who thinks she is coming to NOLA? I mean, in July? DLLP are looking at renting a house right in NO. It will be fabulous! Sleeps seven, kitchen, we could stock a bar. Sometimes go out, or go out early for dinner and a few pops, then retire to the house. Those who want to do so can continue on with party -- those who don't can go to bed.

Anyway, who would be interested in that? Idesim, we will still have a spa day either way: I have located a great spa in a hotel. Oh, and think of what we would save on the parking! Parking at the hotel I looked at was $40 a day!

So let me know because we're thinking of booking. We'd divide up the house rent: It's $250 a night for the house we're looking at now. Not bad, right? I think we will pay more than our two shares if we end up bringing the kids, of course (if we can't get my sister to watch them). So, all things considered, it will end up being insanely cheap, which means, more $$$ for food! And spa treatments! And maybe tequila... I have read it is a very pure substance, practically recommended for bc warriors.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Bobo, we are trying to make ginger/tumeric tea.  I do not have root,, only powder.  And no coffee filters,, so it was interesting!

I want to go to NOLA. I'm up for the house. Does it have parking,,, cuz yeah,, I hear parking was $$$$

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

My April trip to NOLA got Kiboshed. Too much money to fly down Thursday, stay for only one full day (fly back Sat morning)and half as much again to fly home on Sunday. Thats ok tho because my DH has been a supreme ass this last few days. I really would rather stay home with my sister than go Anywhere with him!!!!

Anyway, I am still interested in coming out in July, but I really wont know for certain until much closer to the day. Sorry.

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

Andrea, no worries. So sorry about your DH being an ass! I think you should get him back by taking his dinner and throwing it in the garbage!

You guys have got to use the roots for that tea! Like, turmeric root, grated, and ginger root!

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

Hey all,

Bobo is right fresh turmeric and ginger are a lot better.  If you have an Asian market anywhere near you they have the best prices and quality on both the ginger and the turmeric.

I have slept most of the day away as it is quiet and peaceful here .  I decided today I need a structured exercise program to attempt to work off some of this GD Anger (aka all testosterone and zero estrogen) so I will figure out something starting tomorrow .  Also need to do weight bearing stuff as my bone density is shit. 

In the bag for you all  that have upcoming appointments .  

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

well, i was home and didn't have the root, so I thought I would try the dried stuff.  It wasn't so bad! With honey,,,

Will look for Asian Market to find the roots. Seems like a lot more work, though.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015

Just back from Tai Chi and a walk, then cup of tea at a cafe. I dirink Ginger Tea (organic root) and I take Tumeric capsules, should I be doing the Ginger with the Tumaeric together?. Fresh Ginger in all my juices and Vitamix soups.

I am in the bag for all these appointments. Hugs to everyone.

Fia, I need some weight bearing exercise too, I would have thought throwing Colin around would have helped my osteoporosis, but.... sigh, still -3 in the spine.

Andrea, you're better off at home and let the ass have NOLA, all to himself. The break will be better, for you!LOL

I wish I could commit to the July trip, but I don't see it happening, so count me out. If something happens that I can make it, I can sleep on the floor, or a couch in the house!

I need to dash into town for some things, so will be back later..M x

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015

Quiet here this morning, but it is Monday! Off to get bandaged again. Hope everyone is doing well!

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Hi S! In the bag for bandaging. Hope that it working out ok.

One of my home based co-workers called me with a problem last night. She accidently knocked her computer tower over,,, just fell onto its side on the desk,, not to the floor or a big drop,, and it stopped working! Of course, it's the weekend and the weekend people are clueless. So when she finally gets someone this AM,, he thinks the memory card got jarred. Can you imagine? One tiny tumble messed up the memory card?  Who knew?  Now they are sending her a new tower and she'll send hers back so they can fix it. Crazy.

I found ginger root at Fresh Market, but they didn't have tumeric root.  I might make just some ginger tea. See how that goes.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

OK, I have been distracted by nice weather and the desire to work in the garden, but I need to get back to the scrapbooks.  So questions:

1)  pumpkins, dogs, fairies, butterflies,,,,, any thing else like that?  I think there are stickers that I can use to decorate the books.

2) DP's favorite colors?  Anyone know?

3)  should I make identical books for Bond and GP's,, or different?    Was also thinking of leaving blank pages in the back so they could add more pics if they wanted,, sound ok?

4)  any suggestions are welcome!!

Also:  does anyone know the identities of the other people in the photos? Friends, co-workers?  Hate to put in a pic of her with someone who did not remain a friend.   And in pic DP36, is that Bond?  He looks so different from the pic BondInHawaii,, that I am not sure.  If that is him,,,,    And if anyone has any more pics, please upload to the Walgreens site. PM me if you need the sign on.  Thanks!

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Morning, quiet here this morning.

Hey Sc, hope you're feeling OK. I am trying to read your new avatar, but I just can't make it out.

Glennie, I think purple was a color that DP favored. I don't want to sound too negative, but I think i would probably make the books the same, they might just fight over them, if different. I know, I sound like a nasty bitch, but I am not feeling the love, if you get my meaning. I don't know anyone in the photos.

Grey and chilly here today. Starting to feel benefit from the Tai Chi, I got through the whole class, without losing my balance yesterday. I have had to test out different foobs, would you believe, to get the right balance. I was way off, on my right side. Don't know for sure if the missing body part is the reason, because I have always had good balance, but it seems to have sorted itself out now.

Got the final dates of the care's vacation this morning and she goes for 8 weeks in the last week of May, so I have no chance of making NOLA with her gone. I will try for another time, where I can come and hit a few places. This carer is feeling bad that her vacation is during this time and has promised to help out, whenever I want to go, another time.

Must jump in the shower before I get caught again, sitting here at the computer with morning hair and no makeup! LOL

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

M:  I am sure you look glam even with morning hair.  Boooo on not being able to make NOLA, but who knows?  Maybe this will be the start of an annual get together! Orlando for 2016! LOL!  Glad you are keeping your balance now.

Work is crazy again. Other co-worker having computers issues,, argh,,,,,,

• SC60
    edited March 2015

For those who can't read my avatar:

Physical therapy is going well, I guess! My left arm looks like the michelon man when it is all bandaged! Both arms have gone down-go figure! I see her 4 times a week and I am hoping one more week and then I can get my sleeve and stop driving 3 hours each day! I am exhausted!

Hoping everyone is doing okay! Still planning on NOLA. S

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Hahaha Sc, thank you, I was straining to read it!

Gosh I am sorry to hear about the swelling and the driving, that must be a double PITA. I am glad the arms are responding. You sound fed up, with it all! (That's pissed off and flat)

We must plan a Skype session or 3, hahah, while you are all in Nola, that's one way we can all chat and meet, together.

Glenie, trust me, there's nothing glam about me, in the morning!LOL

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

S:  that is a good avatar!!  I love it!!  Always a false alarm with me! Glad arms are getting better. What a pain!! And YAY,, you are coming to NOLA!

M:  yes,, we should SKYPE,, that would be cool.

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

S, how are your arms, really? Worried. Do you have a great therapist? Will they go back down? What can we do to help?

In the bag and waiting for our Dawny's results. XXX

• SC60
    edited March 2015

Not to worry Bobo, my therapist is great! My arms will be fine. It is just an inconvenience on many levels! Lol It has really messed with my texting ability! Hope you are doing well.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

Hoping Dawny made out ok.. and Z as well. I was scared to have pap after reading Tamoxifen threads, but luckily mine was normal... hoping the same for Z.

House is a good idea.. 5 ppl would be $50.00 a night... that's not bad at all.

*waves*

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

Love that avatar, true at my house!!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015

Saw gyn for pap and feel. Nothing to biopsy. I was so nervous. Was told about a new procedure, Mona Lisa touch. It plumps up vaginal tissue. FDA approved but ins doesn't cover it.

Boy very tired. Laid around most of yesterday. Not sure if shots AND spring are giving him a one, two punch. Call into doc. Also cries very easily. Been asking for JS at night.

Weekend was poop city. I swear I haven't fed them a bunch of laxatives. Invest in bum wipes and Clorox wipes and hand soap. You'll be rich! I'm sick of cleaning and laundry.

Trying to decide if going to send boy to summer camp for a few weeks or just tough it out before we leave for Ireland.

My good side has been itching and I have a roll of fluid. Brushing the d@mn dolls hair? Diluted fabric softener and dunk the head in the cup is the way to go. Gotta love google.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

YAY Z!!  Happy for good results,,,, sorry for poop city and Boy not feeling well.

Hoping for good word from Dawny.  

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Phew, Z, that's one off the list, so glad all is OK. Love the names of these things "Mona LIsa Touch" does that mean you'll spend your day with that weird half smile and bad hair? LOL Sorry I couldn't resist that.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

LMAO! M, that was great. If it's done right, then yes lol :)

Glad it went ok Z.. sorry for poop gate :( Send him to camp, he'll love it.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

Z is the letter of the week. Must dig out my zills and see if that's acceptable for show and tell.

Boy joined running club (track?) afterschool. Starts today. Had to get shots yesterday.

DH signed up for half marathon. They were already eating me out of house and home. Even LM! They've grown about 1/4 in two months.

Must find the t and g roots. Aching last night. During chemo I used the g root and a green tea bag. My cousin travels with fresh ginger so she can always have a cup.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

glennie. Can't find the pix info. Sorry.

I think duplicates would be nice. Whatever you think looks lovely.

Sorry not much help. Good luck!

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

zebra, zero. Zorro, zombie, zipper, zucchini.

Thought the new wrist splint was going to be gold,,, slept well last few nights without any symptoms,,, but last night, woke up at 4am with burning pain.  There went the rest of the night.

On a GF side story,  there was a post going around FB on how to make pancakes with just a banana and 2 eggs.  I tried it today and it really works. There is strong banana flavor, of course, but it cooks and flips just like a pancake.

Must find T root too.  Ok, so I have a ginger root. Do I cut off a piece,, peel off the outside part and then grate for tea?  Sound right?  **new to this**

Weather is cloudy and gloomy again today. Going to spread mulch around the azaleas. Back later.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

Glennie,

Yes cut off the ginger , use a spoon to scrape off the peeling and then grate . If you can find the tumeric it is much easier to make a large batch at once (a weeks worth ) and keep it in a gallon jug . I do better when I drink a cup in the morning and another cup right before I am going to bed. I was never a tea drinker so don't know about using those infusers.

Ok so today was day 1 of attempting to walk 2 miles per day . FFS I am out of shape ! . I needed a hat and gloves as it was cold, I should not have drunk 2 cups of coffee prior to attempting this walk as I nearly peed myself before arriving home , and I was chased by a mean ass goose ! Oh well now to try some weight lifting as well . Maybe Bobo has the right approach with yoga

Zills so glad about your appt results.

Dawny in the bag , hope you are ok ............

M that Mona Lisa stuff was a riot

Life without HAIR this past 48 hours has been great :-)