Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Options

Comments

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited April 2015
    Options

Fia... wtf? I didn't realize you had been through all that and for 30 friggin years?? No wonder you have such a bad attitude :) omg with the eggs, did you witness this? How on earth did she manage that one?

Nd, never thought of coconut oil in my hair.. does it make it greasy at all?

Hey, maybe our next "group" trip can be to Fia's and we'll spray paint that sign.. what should we rename the joint?

Geezus M.. needles in your face? Did it work at all? haha. Oh, I see.. a pAHstie.... never head of such a thing. Guess what I am watching now... I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here.. AU! Block will be next I think.

Glennie, wtf.. chill out before you hurt yourself... you're doing way too much. Glad you got your rain barrel in.

Dawny, I am with you on not going to the Dr. for normal things.. don't they just seem to mundane to go for? lol. Hope you feel better... I hope you decide to be lazy today.

Supposed to be a nice weekend.. temps near or low 60's and hopefully we'll see the sun shine on Sunday.. it's been a week of rainy shit weather... keep your fingers crossed we finally get some sunshine.. next door Neighbor still has a little snow in their yard

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

FFS posted twice.. I suppose that beats losing it.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited April 2015
    Options

Haha, the acupuncture in the face made the face relax and look smooth and I believe it also helps with circulation. It doesn't hurt, so why not!

I use coconut oil a lot,it is good for everything!

Fia, you've had a long run, with this shit!

ldesim, look up cornish pastie, it is puff pastry with a mix of either all vegetables or minced beef and veg, baked in the oven. I bet Z has eaten these, they would be big in Ireland too. We eat them with tomato ketchup...yum!

I was trying to post a YouTube link last night and I had 3 goes, so it looks like I posted over and over. It was a bird that says "Bond, James Bond and then whistles the music!" it was so good.

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

This guy.. he's so cute.

DP would have some remark about the acupuncturing of your face, but alas I can't think of anything :) Sorry DP.

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

Just have to copy the link from your address bar and paste it in here.

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Nope, that was what I was doing and it wouldn't work. It was there till I posted it and then the address disappeared. That's why I had 3 goes at it.

You're right, DP would have had something to say about the Acupuncture to the face, but she liked her beauty treatments, she may have been into it! LOL

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Holy Moly Fia! You have every right to feel pissy after going through all that crap on a chapstick! That really sucks. I bet you have seen more docs than was ever thought possible. I too, hate the cancer signs. I drive past the centre where I had radiation, at least four times per day. Hate seeing the big sign. Blah.

Wish DP could let us know her feeling on the acupuncture! She would make us laugh.

Glennie, you are doing so much! I bet it looks great.

Z, when is our next letter for school. 😄
    Hope you are feeling better Bobo, give us sign, if you can! 😄 xx
  • dawny
    edited April 2015
    Options

How cool is the James Bond parrot!? Lo

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thank you Z, I couldn't get that to work! Good isn't it!

Hi Dawny! I have managed to delete your mobile, if you get a chance can you text it to me?

Just going to bed, I ended up having a really, lousy day today, want to sleep it off. M x

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited April 2015
    Options

Fia: no wonder you hate the sign. You have been thru too much! If I had money, I'd jump on a plane and go spray paint with you.   Did you witness the actual egg dropping or only the aftermath?  Damn,, you know DS has to really think,,, about this relationship,, cuz it's not just Hair,, there is Hair's parents too!  Does he really want them for in-laws? I say this because when I met my future in-laws, I thought they are a crazy pair.  And things did not get any better with them. He wouldn't just marry Hair,, he marries the whole family,,, you might want to slip that thought to him.

Going to paint the fence today. It's a wood fence, so just rolling one coat to make it look a little better. Then I have my new Ikea bookcase to put together. And I get to walk the puppy today while his parents have a day trip to St Augustine! That puppy is something else. Puppy's mom and I were helping another neighbor yesterday, and puppy started chewing on one of neighbor's new plants,,, then he pulled it right out of the ground and ran off with it. It was so funny! Puppy's mom was quite embarrassed. The other neighbor and I laughed our butts off.  Will try to get a photo of him so you can finally see him.

Back in the 90's when I tried acupuncture for my fibro,,, I went to one appt with a bad cold. She treated it with needles in my face,, and my sinuses opened up and I could breathe!  It was amazing!!   Am hoping this new acupuncture doctor can help with either hot flashes or the carpal tunnel,,,, or both!!  But just one of those would be nice!

Hope Bobo's migraine is better.

**waving to all**  Off to paint before it gets hot

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited April 2015
    Options

M if acupuncture on your face makes it look smooth ,perhaps it could do wonders for my butt !! LOL

Idesim I beat the hell out of the weeds and bushes with the hedge trimmers . It will take weeks to complete this project so by then all my anger should be gone

Glennie no talk of marriage ................hope it stays that way ........HAIR tripped on her leopard slippers and the carton of eggs flew open and spilled out ......then she thought she would vacumn them up . I said get a damn rag ...............

Love that parrot

Sorry Bobo is not feeling well...ugghh migraines suck

Ok need more caffine now . Have a great day/night all

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

omfg vacuuming up eggs! wtf is with the eggs?

Glennie if I didn't know better, I'd swear you were looking forward to walking the puppy :)

If I had money, I'd join you Glennie.. I can see us giggling and spray painting something obscene on that sign.

Sun is out today and it's getting near 60, really strong ocean breeze, so it will seem much cooler.. but sun is a great start!!!!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited April 2015
    Options

letter for next week is U or maybe it was this past week. I'm confused. Spelling words both weeks are U.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

I guess spring us sprung up north, dh is shining up the old cars, wish he would do my newer one too!imagethus is a 1950 Packard

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited April 2015
    Options

My DH would give his eye teeth for that. He had a 49 town car when we were dating. Sucker was huge!!!!!!

• Funclassygal
    Funclassygal Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thanks Ariom! I really have no issues with the Tamoxifen and the doctor told me it would not make you lose eyelashes and eyebrows. She did say that at the 5 month mark after chemo that our hormones are trying to balance out and this can happen but it will stop. I am hoping this is the case. Enjoy your weekend! VeraAnn

• Funclassygal
    Funclassygal Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thanks Ariom! I really have no issues with the Tamoxifen and the doctor told me it would not make you lose eyelashes and eyebrows. She did say that at the 5 month mark after chemo that our hormones are trying to balance out and this can happen but it will stop. I am hoping this is the case. Enjoy your weekend! VeraAnn

Yes Idesim, this is what I am hearing - it's not the Tamoxifen but that darn chemo! This is freaking me out!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

Spookiesmom, he is thinking of selling it, come on up north!

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Selfie with the puppy!!   Must go back and read now.

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

L: I did enjoy walking the puppy,, He is so cute and funny! Had another great day in the yard. Painted the neighbor's fence (which is right next to my place)and painted the rain barrel so it matches the color of the building.  Blends right in, so there should be no complaints about it. One of the neighbors said they are getting one too. (Puppy's parents)

And then it rained!  Friend was over and we just stood there watching the rain go into the barrel!  Easy amused, right??

Also got my Ikea plant stand put together,, so now I have to rearrange the porch.

U = umbrella!!   unicycle. unicorn.

Not a very good picture of the puppy but he was squirming so much!

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Oh My Dog!!!!!!!

He's adorable!!!!! How can you not want to give him kisses all day? Maltese? Havanese? Bet he's into EVERYTHING!!! I put a jingle bell on Spookies collar when she was a baby so I had sort of an idea where she was.

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

No fair, you got rain! We need some to knock the rest of the oak tree crap off. imageShe's like a magnet for it.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2015
    Options

Lol, cute dog pics. Love them !!

• dawny
    edited April 2015
    Options

Aww Spookie! I think that is the first time I have seen her looking less than immaculate!

The puppy is soooo cute! What is his/her name Glennie? Rain going into the new barrel? Yes, I would be standing watching that too, lol

Ok, I am going to order some food things from usafoods.com.au. Yay! I am getting some Drisco shortening, because apparently that is how you get the fluffy icing on Boston buns/finger buns. My question is, what else should I get??!! Wanting to see what Graham crackers are, but the site says there have been some shipping issues, something to do with strikes on the docks over there? I can get honey flavoured ones. I see bisquik there, DP told me about that. I do really like to bake with fresh ingredients tho, try to stay away from extra additives, preservatives, if I can, but maybe? I can't do blueberries in an can tho! We are spoilt with fresh ones

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Puppy is a Malti-Poo.   You would adore him, Spooks,, he is just soooo cute.  Can't get mad at him,, even when he unties your shoes.  We didn't get a lot of rain,, but it was cool to see the water coming out of the downspout into the barrel.

Just finished watching part 2 of the Emperor of All Maladies. (yes, I'm behind) and wow,, ,there was a familiar face. Harold Varmus was president of MSKCC when I was working there,, and yet,, I had NO idea that he had won a Nobel Prize for oncogene research. Quite interesting. I really like hearing all the history behind the research.

Andrea:  we need new Teddy pics!!!

• dawny
    edited April 2015
    Options

What the heck are Hush Puppies? We had a brand of shoes by that name, but I bet they wouldn't be very tasty

• dawny
    edited April 2015
    Options

I keep replying to myself FFS.

I found some goodies for HAIR... Airheads and Dum Dum pops! Haha. I am sure you girls have heard of these before, funny to me!

Do I need to get a certain brand of Graham crackers, the one available is Lieberman honey Graham's. Nearly everything is out of stock, should I wait for another brand. Heeelllppp! Lo

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hush puppies are made from corn meal, egg, chopped onion. Scooped into small balls, deep fried. Usually served with fried fish.

Graham crackers are best eaten with 1/2 chocolate bar and a toasted marshmallow smushed between 2 crackers. Called S'mores. Yum! Eat with caution, can cause diarrhea.

Did you mean Crisco? Artery clogging stuff, makes the best buttercreme frosting!!!! Can also melt it and fry the hush puppies in.

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Graham crackers can also be put in food processor, some sugar & melted butter, press into pie dish for crust. Cheesecake, lemon meringue pie. There was/is a dock strike in Cali. I think.