Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Options

Comments

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited April 2015
    Options

Anybody familiar with Wordpress? I know it's a blogging site, but you can install plugins for a forum and chat room ... having chat would be kind of fun.... we can post like in here, but also chat with whoever might be around. I can figure out Wordpress I'm sure if given a couple of days... my main concern of course is making sure it's private and not accessible at all.

• PRB1956
    PRB1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited April 2015
    Options

So.... should I delete the Yahoo Group??

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited April 2015
    Options

Ugh on stinky fish!! Silly cat.

Could we consider a private group on FB?  How many here are not on FB?  It is pretty easy to set up and if you have an alternative email,,, not your primary one,,, all the messages go there and do not annoy you. That's what I do.

A private blog would be fine too,, if someone knows how to set it up.

Edit to say:  I used to be on Delphi forum,,, when my last online gang lost our home,,, we went there,, then we all went over to FB.  Wonder if Delphi would be easy to set up?  Have not been over there in a while

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Ok, I checked out Delphi,,, and in order to have a restricted access type of group,,, it is not free. It is $4.95/month for the person who sets up the forum.  That person can decide who has access to the group.  So only the moderator would have to pay.

here is a link to a chart about Preminum  http://www.delphiforums.com/ForumFeaturesComp.ptt

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

I think a private group on Facebook would be easy, we can only have this group included right? Seems alot easier to me, but that is because I am not very tech saavy. I kinda like fb, and just block some of the stuff if I dont want to see it.

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

the comments all disappeared??

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

It was two years ago that I was under the knife, just realized it! my how time flies!!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited April 2015
    Options

Can anyone see this post

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

The posts have all disappeared on multiple threads. Have reported to the mods on the thread about reporting glitches.  Assuming anyone can see this anyway,,,,

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

OH,, I can see posts again!  YAY!

I belong to a private group on FB,, I didn't set it up but I can ask my friend how she did it. Don't think it is that hard.

Wow, ND,,, two years,,, my two year anniversary is 8/8,,, almost here. Time flies,,,,

So I saw the acupuncturist today. She took a very thorough history and I have more history forms to fill out and bring back. She has to look everything over and decide if she thinks she will be able to help me or not. Just of interesting,,,,  makes me worry,, what if she can't???

Nerve pain woke me up again last night,, it was bad. Had to ice arm for 20 mins before I could get back to sleep.

• PRB1956
    PRB1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited April 2015
    Options

Looks like the comments are back. That was interesting. For a moment, I thought M had put on her power suit and caused some trouble!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hummpyback spider gonna get 'em!!!!

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2015
    Options

• AndreaJ50
    edited April 2015
    Options

imageThe bone is almost as big as Teddy.

• AndreaJ50
    edited April 2015
    Options

My sister and I went to Amish country today, in Pennsylvania.image

• Jennie93
    Jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited April 2015
    Options

Wow, that's cool Andrea!

OK so would someone please PM me what y'all are speechless about and why you want to leave this thread? I'm not a part of the group from "new and future flat sister" but have been on this thread from the beginning.

And speaking of the humpy-back spider dance, where is M? No comment since Saturday? That's unusual. Is everyone OK?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    edited April 2015
    Options

Jennie, PM me your email and all will be made clear.

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Love the Teddy pics!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    edited April 2015
    Options

That dog is so cute it's unbelievable.

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

I have no problem with FB, but I know some people do.. and I hate to lose anybody :(

ND, Happy two years.. was on the 9th.. my how times flies!!!!

PRB, I feel bad because I know you put a lot of time in Yahoo.. but hell that thing sucks! Not your fault at all... the google groups sucked as well lol.

I feel kinda guilty posting here.. like I'm betraying somebody or something... *sigh* I do need my daily dose of the fuzzy thread though.

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Teddy is so cute!!!!!!

So pretty up in Amish country. Truly a different way of life. Some of the town names make you go, huh? Like Intercourse, and Blue Ball. For real!!!!'

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

omg, Teddy is so adorable.. lol that bone IS almost the size of him :) Andrea how was the amish country? Not sure how I'd deal with all their restrictions, but a nice quiet life sounds kinda nice.

Texted Bobo, she's feeling better.. but swamped with work.

So Glennie, when do you find out if she can help you or not??

I received an email that somebody is working on a board, he is trying it out to make sure it is secure... so maybe we have a solution... we'll see.

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

Spookie.. wha???? That's surprising... maybe they should open a Crabby DIck chain in a couple of them :)

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

I filled out the questionaires and I'll drop them off tomorrow. Then I go back on Thurs for a brief appt to go over them. Hopefully I will find out then if she can help me or not. Hand is really bad,,, surgery doesn't sound so bad at this point,,,

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited April 2015
    Options

Glad to see you all! I too feel sort of guilty posting here. Surely hope we get an easy way to blog or post somewhere else!

Teddy is beyond adorable! Wish I could borrow him and snuggle. Allie is already too big and rambunctious!

Sorry your hand is so bad Glennie! I hope you find relief soon. I can't imagine how you work on the computer!

Spookie you made me laugh when you reminded me of the PA town names! I had a nun write a letter of recommendation and she wrote"...throughout my intercourse with...". Needless to say I didn't use it for fear of potential employers misunderstanding! Lol

Hopefully the bandaging will end this week. Trying to type is a bitch. Love to all! S

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Been there. There's another I can't remember. Look them up on a map or Google. Really real places!!! Oh. Bird in Hand.

• AndreaJ50
    edited April 2015
    Options

We were at Bird in Hand too. They had a retail outlet for American Girl dolls there, but I ran out of time and didnt go. Maybe next time. It was a quick trip, but really nice to finally have a day alone with my sister. I will miss her So much when she leaves!!!

Yes, Teddy is adorable. He is settling down more and Diva is glad about that.

Congratulations ND on your two year anniversary!! Does it seem to have flown by?

Still think about poor DP. She bever made it to her 2 year. F#CK CANCER!!

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

SC, hoping too that your bandages come off.. that must be a pain in the rear and Glennie.. I hate hearing you are in so much pain :( Hope they get back to you really soon.. that sounds miserable.

I can't think how the expression goes with bird in hand.

Andrea, so glad you had such a nice day with sis.. how often do you guys get to see each other? Always wanted a sister.

I think about DP all the time too. Really miss her tons.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited April 2015
    Options

Things I'm grateful for.....

I didn't step in the poop

The toilet didn't overflow

I painted my daughters toenails

Score! free shipping, 40% off, clearance

Found itty bitty size 3 toddler uniforms

Two days of homework done

Dinner out

Dinner out supported local school

Site working again

My friends

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited April 2015
    Options

PS. Heard from bobo

Tomorrow or maybe wed? Is some qvc charity? I think bc but not sure. Chemo brain! But I remember us discussing it in remembrance of DP.

Also hw does not have penis cancer. Surprise!