Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Options

Comments

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited April 2015
    Options

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited April 2015
    Options

L. You are on a roll and it's not even pinktober!

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

She started it :)

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited April 2015
    Options

the finger pointing begins!!!  She started it!!  **giggles**

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

Crap on a chapstick Fia, loving that pink finger!! Listen to Dr. Z is best advice.. hey I love the note idea! no expiration date on any of us!

Glad Bobo is ok. Still kinda worried though, she has so much to deal with.

Idesim, my friend is in Boston right now, she is there for the hockey Frozen Four, said the weather is crappy, but loving Boston. I really would love to visit Boston and do all the tours.. I love the history.

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

Oh yeah, we've had a horrible weather week.. rainy, cold & raw.. but no snow... so nobody is complaining. Yes, lots of history... I'll do the tourist thing with you if you ever do come around :) I think it's pretty expensive though, for the amount of money ppl spend coming here, I'd much prefer spending it on a cruise or a luxury hotel on an island. One of my co-workers left work early today to attend the Frozen Four.. she's a hockey fanatic.

*giggles with Glennie*

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

we can do the NYC tour and then hop up to Boston for the Bean-town tour!  Have you been to Salem to see the witch stuff??  Wonder if that is worth the trip.  And Martha's Vineyard?

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

I did the witch thing many years ago, on Halloween, of course.. it was fun.. I've been to Nantucket, but never Martha's Vineyard.. loved Nantucket.. MV is supposedly more "commercial". On the bucket list is Nantucket during Christmas, it's supposed to be beautiful, but again.. expensive. I'd offer anybody a place to stay, but my house is so tiny, only 1 bedroom. My sister in law stayed over once with my nephew and we were just all over each other.. it's not the ideal guest situation lol. Housecleaning is a breeze though, which is exactly what we wanted.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    edited April 2015
    Options

Z, Happy for your good news.

Fla, Hugs. Not what you wanted to hear.

I would like to hear how the Princess is doing.

I've been to both NYC and Boston and would go back to either in a minute. I've never been to DC.

• ndgirl
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hockey update, well Boston is kicking North Dakota;s butt!! oh well, really am not a big fan anyway, just like to see our state in the finals. Yes, travel is so spendy now isnt it? Would love to see the east, have been to lots of places but only NYC and New Jersey for the east part of country. Well maybe someday. I hear you about no place to have company, same here, I too like not much housework but would like to have company able to stay too. I do have a small guest bedroom but only small bed.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thank you Glennie. Glad to hear Bobo is fine.

Fia, sorry results were not good. I try to hang on to same theory as Z: each day is one day closer to a cure!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited April 2015
    Options

She may have started it, I am finishing it! Bahahahaha, this is my new T Shirt!

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Just dashed in with lunch to Colin, have to go into town, have read the posts, be back later....M x

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

I just saw this, thought you may like it!

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Great shirt, M.  What was for lunch?? 

today is day 1 of my 6 days off.   My handyman is over now and going to install my rain barrel!   Supposed to rain most of my vacay too,,,, boooooo,, so I better get outside stuff done today,,, cuz I'll probably be cleaning house the rest of the time.  booooooo.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited April 2015
    Options

Morning all , Thanks for all your supportLOVE those saying and M I want that shirt............

Yep Idesim I did start it ................ Actually Zills I tell myself thing like that all the time.

ND I am glad they son't stamp expiration dates on us like food !

I am better today .It is always worse just having to walk into the damn place with that sign "Rocky Mountain Cancer Center" I swear I want to spray paint over that sign

Have a great day all !

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi Glennie, I picked up a Vegetable Cornish Pastie for Colin and I had a steak,tomato and onion pie. I went into town to run some errands and when I got home, I was exhausted. The Pink Ladies meeting, went well, our Breast Care Nurse attended and I ended up sitting talking to her for ages, after the others had gone.

I hope your rain barrel was installed with no dramas. Six days off will be good for you!

I am ready for bed..catch you tomorrow. M x

• fiaranch1
    edited April 2015
    Options

I forgot "Today's Random Thought"

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

That's so true of me this week. I let the fear paralyze me. So today I'm working on the house. Still thinking about pizza for dinner and just kicking back with a movie after swim lessons. You tube took down all the 1973 Charlottes Web videos!

Must try to nap. Celebrating with McVitties. Would love to find some zebra stripes ice cream by homemade. It's awesome. The chocolate stripe. Mmmm.

• fiaranch1
    edited April 2015
    Options

Zills ....Find the ice cream YOU ARE WORTH IT !!!

I was so pissy yesterday I forgot to tell you all something that may be helpful . I was discussing this Arimidex and how is make me feel 90 years old and it much worse than the tamox for me . My BS said yes I know and I have discussed this with your MO . "Although the MO's believe that AI's (Arimidex, Femura etc.) are more effective in post menopausal women, several women have had horrible side effects with them and go back on tamox which can be just as effective for them "

Unfortunately I took raloxofine (spelling ? very similar to tamox) for 10 years after my 2nd time with BC and it failed me so switching is not an option. But perhaps this information can help some of you .

Also I told her I really did not want to take any extra pills for these SE's She told me that I am on a very low dose of oxycotin (spelling again) 4 times per day and that this is more effective with the joint pain than just taking the pain pills after the pain has already set in (Glennie you can probably verify this ) . Also I told her i was going to talk with my MO again about how much ginger/tumeric tea I can really take per day for the pain. Apparently too much tumeric can affect my liver (which makes the lymphoma worse)

Then she said literally " The whole damn health care system is pissing me off these days. Very few of us still care about a patients quality of life. Now is is more about how many patient's we can jam in in a day I am lucky that I own my own practice and do not have to follow the "insurance or corporation parameters as much". For me it is worth the amount of insurance premiums I have to pay in order to provide the level of care I want to provide................... My patients deserve the best quality of life they can have and they deserve my undivided attention. I have been working with a friend of mine who owns an acupuncture practice. She has been able to provide my patients with alot of joint pain relief .

I may actually try acupuncture . Like M i have issues with chiropractors, but I do believe in a lot of Eastern medicine herbal solutions. However I am not sold on just forgoing the radiation /chemo and regular drugs . This is an ongoing battle as my DH really does believe in mostly natural stuff ...................

So on the way home I lost it and cried (I only ever do that when I am pissed) thinking about DP and her comments about them shoving her aside just because she was stage 4 .

Also Zills I think it was you that brought up "which thread we were going to use " . I vote we stay on this thread, to continue to honor DP ........... Again in my mind know she is so much better now being pain free but my heart still breaks for her and Bond................. I hope he is getting some closure and that "that wretched mother" is leaving him alone

Also glad to hear that Bobo is taking a break but I do hope she is ok and is trying to take some time for herself.........

Ok enough rambling.................... I am going to take my anger and frustration out on the weeds in the yard.................

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

I hear from bond several times a week. He is usually upbeat unless mama has been a pain. He's keeping his distance from her at least.

I used to cry when I was pissed. Now cry for no apparent reason. Still working on the house. Would like to get some flowers.

Kids at swim lessons. Water safety. Must pay attention.

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

M, isn't a pastie something you put on to cover your nipple? :)

Texted a bit with Bobo today.. she's had a migraine for 3 days.. that sounds pretty miserable :(

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

Fia, your BS sounds wonderful.. sometimes it does seem like they are just going through the motions and don't see us as human beings anymore. Lots of people swear by acupuncture... can't hurt to try right? I'm glad you're feeling a little better today. My heart still breaks for DP too.. I think about her often.

Is anybody else feeling a little bad for Fia's weeds? :)

I too cry mostly when I'm pissed.

How are the kids enjoying their swim lessons?

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hey girls! beautiful sunny morning here. I never used to cry, but it is easy now, lots of stuff can set me off, these days. Mostly to do with the fucking injustice, of this disease.

I would say, give it a shot, to anyone who is thinking of Acupuncture for pain. I did it, along with all the crappy RA meds,including the shitful Methotrexate. I think acupuncture actually may have helped with some of the shitty se's from that. I know you'll laugh at this, but I used to get the Acupuncturist to put some needles in my face at the same time for an acupuncture face lift! Hey, why not, I was just lying there anyway! Hahaha

ldesim, I thought the same thing, those weeds at Fia's place don't stand a chance!

There isn't a day, I don't think about DP. Her passing hit us all very hard, didn't it!

Hahaha, yes a pastie that you eat is "ah" sound and the nipple cover is an "ay"! We eat lots of p"AH"sties here!

Fia, your BS sounds like a Doctor should, but unfortunately, too many don't.

Poor Bobo, a 3 day migraine isn't fair, she must be miserable.

Z, I am so glad you are in touch with Bond on a regular basis. I hope things work out for him.

Bec and I ate McVitties, at Easter!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2015
    Options

Fia, can I ask about your BC history please? You were first diagnosed at 25 with uterine cancer (if memory serves) and then what shitful stuff happened?

Poor bobo, a migraine for 3 days? Sending hugs to you bobo. Xxx We are worried about you. Xx

Yes, beautiful day M. I am not long out of bed, I am fighting an awful cough. I probably need to see my GP, but I hate going to the doctor! BC stuff is more than enough, without everyday things as well. I need to have a flu shot.

Mcvities helped me through my scanxiety, specifically Hobnobs, yum

Ok need to shower, my new next door neighbour just came over and was greeted at the front door by me in p.j. and big white fluffy dressing gown, face all creased, hair every which way, not a good look. I think she may be a high maintenance neighbour, talk talk talk. She seems nice enough, but I don't want to dread going out my front door, if it means I have to talk to her for half an hour each time. Do I sound mean?

3,2,1 ........

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Fia:  I will help you paint over the sign. A few cans of spray paint and we are there!!  Can we have those special cookies afterwards?  Today's random thought is excellent. It is NEVER the house, over here. Although the yard is looking better.And YES,, it is best to keep the pain under control with taking the Oxycontin at set times rather than trying to get rid of the pain after it has already set it. A good pain management program will see to that. Always keep ahead of the pain. Your doctor sounds fabulous!! She sounds like a really caring person. And I am going to try acupuncture.  I have appt on Monday. This person will spend the whole first session taking a history,, she is VERY thorough and was recommended by a friend. So I'll keep you posted. Hot flashes, carpal tunnel, Fibro,,, she has a lot to work on with me!  And what happened to the weeds????

Z: how rude of Youtube to take down the vids,,, what is up with that???

Poor Bobo,, a 3 day migraine,,,, owwwwwww.

So I got the rain barrel installed. Neighbor spray painted it gray to match (sort of) the building.  I'm going to throw another coat on it tomorrow. I got the ground where the stumps were pulled up smoothed out,, but I need some fill dirt to level the whole area out. Too much for me,, will need help for that. Repotted a few plants. Bascially spent the whole day outside! Helped one of the neighbors with part of her garden.  Then went out to dinner with friends and gave Ava an evening walk! Really pooped now,, so going to crash on the couch.

**waving tiredly to all**

• ndgirl
    edited April 2015
    Options

Fia, I can so relate to painting over the signs, I remember getting the mammos and on the elevator always hoping I would never have to go to the tenth floor where onocology was, but I did. Hate that floor. Loved the thought for today.

I want that tee shirt too!! Funny. Ariom, accupunture for face lift? hmmmm interesting.

As far as arimidex, it knocks me on my butt sometimes but not too often anymore but man, it seems it is really affecting my hair. Not losing or thinning but just cannot hold a style and seems so dry, brittle etc. I have been putting coconut oil in it sometimes but nothing helps! grr. But that is a se i can tolerate, but ticks me off.

Poor Bobo, three days of migraines.. ouch. Zills, so glad you talk to Bond, keep us posted please.

• fiaranch1
    edited April 2015
    Options

Dawny you can always ask me anything so here is my timeline

25 - Uterine cancer - partial hysterectomy

28 - Breast cancer left side - lumpectomy and chemo

34 - breast cancer again ,right side - lumpectomy, radiation and raoxofine (spelling again) for 8 years

Between 34- and 55 - 8 breast biopsy's all B9 or so they said

55 - Breast cancer again , mastectomies , and tamox . I had 2 lymph nodes removed and 1 was malignant and diagnosed as lymphoma a separate and distinct cancer not related to breast cancer. Also the radiologist told me my breast cancer had been there for at least 5 years . I had very dense breasts and it was not until the 3D mammograms were available that I was diagnosed properly

and 5 malignant moles removed over the past 5 years

Finally with this last cancer I had enough history between my family history and myself that they recommended and insurance approved genetic testing ................ I did not test positive for the BRACA gene's however the counselor said there has to be something there but nothing research thus far can identify .......................

So I'm very grateful to still be here ...........back when I was first diagnosed treatment options were not very good or defined. I wanted mastectomies then but "it was not acceptable by the doctors or the insurance in those days"

Ok enough about me how are you all today ? HAIR dropped 1/2 dozen eggs on the floor tonight :-) I have renewed hope in the Karma bus LOL !!!

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

Fia... wtf? I didn't realize you had been through all that and for 30 friggin years?? No wonder you have such a bad attitude :) omg with the eggs, did you witness this? How on earth did she manage that one?

Nd, never thought of coconut oil in my hair.. does it make it greasy at all?

Hey, maybe our next "group" trip can be to Fia's and we'll spray paint that sign.. what should we rename the joint?

Geezus M.. needles in your face? Did it work at all? haha. Oh, I see.. a pAHstie.... never head of such a thing. Guess what I am watching now... I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here.. AU! Block will be next I think.

Glennie, wtf.. chill out before you hurt yourself... you're doing way too much. Glad you got your rain barrel in.

Dawny, I am with you on not going to the Dr. for normal things.. don't they just seem to mundane to go for? lol. Hope you feel better... I hope you decide to be lazy today.

Supposed to be a nice weekend.. temps near or low 60's and hopefully we'll see the sun shine on Sunday.. it's been a week of rainy shit weather... keep your fingers crossed we finally get some sunshine.. next door Neighbor still has a little snow in their yard