Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Options

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited April 2015
    Options

Z Derby Day is coming, lookin good in the hat.

Acupuncture has its place, but I don't think it would do much for CT. How could it help a nerve that's being pinched

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2015
    Options

In the bag for all of you.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

Zills, you are a beauty!! Thanks for sharing. Hi to all, I am pooped out from traveling, need to sleep! In the bag for everyone appts. I need to get my yearly mammo scheduled, it was a year this month but hoping to put it off until June.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    edited April 2015
    Options

In the bag for appointments. Sleep well my friends.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2015
    Options

Zills, you are so pretty! Love your dress! Your hair has grown so much since your Xmas card!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies, just thought I would drop in and see what was happening here. I have a Pink Ladies Meeting tomorrow, so won't have much time for posting. I hope everyone is tucked up and warm, sleeping well tonight!

Thinking about all of you..take it easy..M x

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited April 2015
    Options

sleeping well is a myth. Lightning, hail, kids in the bed. LM outfit. Pink tshirt, diaper, black ugg knockoffs for next year.

Yes blonde as a baby. Dirty dishwater in school. Highlights. Give me body too. Last longer since chemo.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited April 2015
    Options

Sleeping well is a myth.ย  I miss estrogen. Maybe acupuncture could help the hot flashes and the sleeping. I am open to this. Long day ahead,,,, 3,2,1,,,,

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited April 2015
    Options

Zill's you look gorgeous !!! In the bag for you ...........ok off to appointments today while I try and pretend none of us really have this shitful disease !!!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited April 2015
    Options

Morning/evening all! Off to be wrapped again. So over the drive, but left sleeve should be on this week and hopefully not too much longer until I can get a sleeve for the right. SSDI called to let me know that the judge isn't available on my court date on the 22nd. She has to have surgery so now I won't have court until July! Seriously? Sorry she is ill, but I really need this settled as the state has been withholding $800 of my retirement every month because they believe I should be receiving SSDI! Unbelievable! And so it goes.....in the bag for all appointments!

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

S: that sucks!ย  Why not a different judge?ย  FFS it is cruel to make you wait until July! You will hopefully be able to get all that money back, but still,,,,ย ย  Argh!ย  Hoping you get sleeves soon and the drive comes to an end.ย  LE SUCKS!

Saw endocrinologist about the thyroid nodules. There are 3 of them. She is only slightly concerned about one.ย  Wants to have me back in 6 months for repeat US, no biopsy needed yet in her opinion. I was down with that!

In the bag for everyone else's appt!!

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Glennie, SAS on insominacs thread just went through the thyroid thing. She's in Cocoa, but went to, and is still going to Moffitt to the top endo there. Her loal endork damn near screwed her up big time. May want to consider a drive. You could pm her for more details, she is there today.

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

I'm not worried about it. She explained that many people have nodules that do not give them problems, and she offered to set up a biopsy if it would ease my mind (since I had BC) but I am ok with a watch-and-wait and i can always go back earlier than 6 months if I have any symptoms.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

No changes in lungs. Two healing spots on bones. Booking tix for late June. Stay on tamox.

• Jennie93
    Jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited April 2015
    Options

Good news Zills! Tamox sux big time but guess it's working!

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Woooohooooo HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!!!!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

Zills, doing a happy dance for you!,, I had such a good feeling it was ok... Ya know I am the Witch of the West don't ya?..Winking This news it the best! Tamoxifen must be doing the job!

• Funclassygal
    Funclassygal Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2015
    Options

Any one experience some eyebrow or eyelash loss after being on Tamoxifen for about 6 weeks? All of a sudden I am seeing a few hairs coming out and it's freaking me out.......no, not this again! Tamoxifen is the only thing I can think of for this happening. Please share your experiences - thank you so much!

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

Not me sorry.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

so I texted my sisters to let them know. Two were excited. Third sent back her test results. I said ??? I didn't know anything. This is her reply.

"Just figured the grapevine took care of it- also needed my head right if things were bad"

WTF? Bad for whom? The proverbial bus swerved this time. Need to just ignore her and move on but I'm irritated.

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Morning all, Z, I am so happy for you! Don't understand the sister comment, though. WooHoo for the trip to Ireland, that will be here before you know it!

S that sure is shitful, having to wait for the Judge. I am really sorry you are having so much trouble with the LE. I hope that can be sorted soon.

Fia, I hope it all went well at your appointments!

Must dash, have Pink Ladies Meeting today. M x

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi Funclassygirl, I was able to decline Tamox, so I don't have personal experience with it, but my Mother had all kinds of bad Se's from it, I don't recall eye lashes, but her hair did thin out, when she started taking it. She did stick with it and had other annoying things, like itching which seemed to improve over time. The hair thinning didn't continue, just remained the same.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited April 2015
    Options

Yay Z!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOO!!!! I don't understand your sister's situation either... was she keeping her test results from you until you knew?

FunClassyGal, if you received a particular chemo (I forget which one as I had a couple of different combinations), I was told that you can loose eyelashes/eyebrows up to a couple years after you've stopped the chemo.. I forget the reason why.... I'm not sure it's Tamoxifen related and hopefully it won't continue for you. That was one of the worst SE's besides the actual hair loss.. hated that phase.

M, enjoy your meeting :)

S. wtf.. July? That is ridiculous to have to wait that long.. FFS... hoping your other sleeve comes quickly.

Glad your appt went ok Glennie... now that just leaves Fia to report in.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2015
    Options

Woohoo Zills, that is fantastic news!!! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„. Such a relief.

S, surely she is not the only judge around, geez! Talk about more stress. I'm sorry for all of your LE worries.

Good news, Glennie! Watch and wait sounds good.

In the bag for Fia. Xxxx

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

YAY Z!!!!ย ย  Good news!!!

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited April 2015
    Options

Zills - So happy for your results . Wth ? re sister comment

Glennie - Glad for the watch and wait

Fun Classy Gal - I was on tamox for a year . I had minor hair thinning but no loss of eyebrows or eyelashes

Where the H is Bobo , I hope she is doing ok

S- WTF that you have to wait till July . Why Can' they get another judge............. That's BS

HAIR actually BOUGHT eggs (dammit ) and has resumed cooking them every morning. She has finals and is just complaining about how hard school is . FFS life is hard suck it up buttercup !

Hope everyone else that I did not mention by name is doing good today .

Ok test results........... BC and appointment with BS went fine . No issues and I really got so very lucky with my scars she did an amazing job and I look like a 10 year old boy

MO appointment ............the lymphoma (lymph node cancer) is worse. There is only one course of chemo treatment which can be done and since they can only do it once the approach is to wait until you cannot tolerate the symptoms any longer before giving that to you . So I will continue the "watch and wait" . Constant flu like feelings and drenching night sweats will continue. I just have to keep telling myself that "it is what is is" and I am still above ground. Many years ago when I got my first BC diagnosis "I plea bargained "with the higher powers to stay alive to raise my son . I accomplished that so I am not giving up . I am dreaded telling DH the news though as he is working so hard "for our next life".

I know many on these boards have things a lot worse than me so rather than having a pity party for myself , all I will say on behalf of all of us is "FUCK CANCER" , Why can't they cure it and why the hell does it have to cost so much !!

Have a great night all.....................

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

Her test results were good. Enough about me.

Sorry S. That sucks big time.

Glennie. Glad you can watch and wait.

Where's Fia? I hope she's just tired.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

Fia. Repeat after me.

Today is NOT the day I die.

Tape it to your kitchen cabinet, your mirror, fridge, egg carton:)

Sorry about the SEs. The longer you hang one, the closer it is to new, bigger, badder drugs.

Sorry about DH. Mine has gone for a very long drive.

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Text from Bobo:ย  all ok. Not on the thread right now.

Aw Fia,,,, crap on a chapstick. Take Dr Z's advice.

Fuck Cancer is right.

and Hair bought eggs??? OMG,,,,

ย 

ย 

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited April 2015
    Options

Fia, that sucks.. I am sorry you are dealing with this... *hugs*