Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Options

Comments

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thanks Spookie, I did mean Crisco, sorry, yes, sounds quite bad for you! I didn't realise that Graham crackers are used in s'mores. Not that I really knew what S'mores were either, only what I saw on Toy Story! Lol. So, does it matter about the brand ofGraham crakers?

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited April 2015
    Options

I never would have recognized Spookie lol.

Glennie, he is so sweet..

Dawny, you guys don't have Graham Crackers?? Looks like you can only get Liebers.. I've never had those. The Honey Maids are good. A lot of people love Bisquick.. I am really not of fan of it.. don't use shortening either... that used to be popular years and years ago. I don't think I would like blueberries in a can, I don't think I've ever had them. I'm dumbfounded you guys don't have shortening or graham crackers lol. Graham cracker crust is just incredible lol.

Hi VeraAnn! It didn't happen to me thankfully, hopefully it won't with you either... I don't think it is something that generally happens.. fingers crossed for you!

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

All the stuff on that site is stuff you don't have over there? Oreos???? Cheez-its??? Cheetos?? lol I had to stop looking, I was getting hungry. You have Doritos don't you? Dawny, you should just walk away.. it's all fattening and not good for you! Besides.. you have Tim Tams.. what more could you possibly need.

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

What sort of crusts do you use on cheesecakes? I'm still dumbfounded no graham crackers

Spookie, wait til Bobo finds out you're encouraging Crisco lol.. that stuff will kill ya, but your frosting will kick some @ss!

• dawny
    edited April 2015
    Options

L, lol, no Graham crackers here! We usually use biscuit (cookie) crumbs for cheesecake bases. Graham crackers have me intrigued. You are right, I should just walk away! Lol. But I so want to make that fluffy, cloud like icing!!! Yes, bobo will kick our butts. For contemplating something so bad! Soorrrryyy bobo. 😃

I am hormone negative, so have never had Tamoxifen, Femara or Arimidex, some people think that the s/e's are much easier than chemo, but after hearing from you gals, I know they are bad! Bad to the bone, cue the music.

Have made rolls, cheese and bacon rolls and hot cross buns today. Is there a law that says you have to stop eating hot cross buns after Easter?! Yummo. X

• dawny
    edited April 2015
    Options

Giggling that you looked up that website L! Hehehe

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2015
    Options

I think the Graham crackers will be fine , Dawny. I have tried a few different brands and they are basically the same.

I use Crisco shortening when I make yorkshire puddings. Have also make frosting/icing with it. Everything in moderation, right?? Lol.

Took sidter and kids to the beach yesterday (Atlantic Ocean )in Delaware. First time. Sunny, but quite windy. Waves were a little scary. Didnt go into water, but saw a hermit crab crawling back into water.

Ate at a place called...ready for it...Crabby Dicks.

Everything on the menu has suggestive names. Delicious food!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited April 2015
    Options

Depends on the cheesecake for crust. I make a chocolate one with crushed Oreos For the crust. Keebler or nabisco are my favorite brands.

I don't use a lot of bisquick makes a fast shortcake for strawberries. And what they call impossible taco pie. We like that.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited April 2015
    Options

Crabby Dicks!  LOL!!  Excellent.  Sounds like you had a good time.

Dawny,, you should get the graham crackers (any brand you can) and use for cheesecake crust.  They are tasty all by themselves too.  As L says,, you have TimTams,, what else do you need,,,,, but I guess everyone wants variety. Hush puppies are fried balls of corn meal,,, you can add onions for flavor,, some add a little sugar and make them sweet,, but they are yummy. Not very healthy, tho.  I don't use Bisquick,, but then,,, I really don't bake either.

What's everyone doing today?

• AndreaJ50
    edited April 2015
    Options
    • Delaware beach trip.image
  • AndreaJ50
    edited April 2015
    Options

Saw this Horseshoe Crab on the shore heading back to the ocean...makes you think twice about going in the water. Lol.image

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited April 2015
    Options

Wish I was at the beach. Soon!

Yes crisco makes fluffy icing and you can fry in it. Never heard of those graham crackers. McVitties remind me of graham crackers but much better. Not real sweet. Give them to kids. Good with a marshmallow nuked for 10 sec. S'mores better but not many campfires. Tried roasting marshmallows in the smoker. Not the same.

Have to look up impossible pie. Bisquick makes good cat head biscuits. Drop biscuits with butter cut up in them.

Check your email.

Bond says ins check has arrived. I guess that's the final piece?

Boy wants to ride in his dump truck down the skateboard ramp. I want coffee. Allergies kicking their bums. She's back to getting in our bed during the night. Hard headed, won't listen, fighting over blowing her nose and she's only 3!

My left eyebrow has wild ones. My right one has gray. Boo.

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Those crabs won't hurt you. They're telling people here to do the stingray shuffle. A sting from them will put you in a world of hurt!!

I did check my email. Right now I'm speachless.

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

Oh shit, I'm thinking I don't want to read it.... already disgusted by the situation.

It is SOOOOOO gorgeous out today!!!! Got most of the chores done this morning, sitting down now to eat a little something and a cup of coffee.. then I'm going out for the rest of the day... I'm in heaven! Windows are open.. birds are chirping.

Andrea, love the crab.. but ouch. Crabby dick's.. I love it!

omg Oreo crusts are delish too. I used to make impossible pie, years and years ago, back when I couldn't cook and we were broke all the time... not that I cook that much better now :)

I was never a s'more fan.. maybe because I'm not big on marshmallows. Joe loves them, will sit down and eat a whole bag (marshmallows), and loves fluff.. yuck.

I don't have gray in my eyebrows yet.. but def do on my head and have seen some creeping in down yonder!!!

Z, you already know you're gonna have your hands full with that one.. she really is something :)

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

FFS, well we have to seek another alternative now.. I know FB might not be the best solution... maybe our own hosted chat site?

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

I'm not on FB.

• PRB1956
    PRB1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited April 2015
    Options

I have suggested Yahoo groups before. You can make the group as private as you want - closed and not searchable on Google, or semi-closed (searchable but request needed to join), or completely open.

It would take 2 seconds to create...just need a name. I was thinking something like DP's misfits, or Crap on a Chapstick :)

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

I like this idea better. It's not I couldn't figure out FB, I just don't like it.

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

I like your suggestions PRB. Dp always called us ladies with the missing parts... I  say yes to yahoo.  

Sitting outside soaking up the sun.... life is good at this moment. Did a little raking, decided not to overdo it. Hydrangea bushes took a beating over winter... I think they'll struggle this year. 

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

been at the park all day.

How can you not have gray or white ones? And I still have to shave my stinkin' armpits, even the rads side.

I want a good SE! I guess I have one, healing bones:)

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

I do have gray on head and down yonder.. none yet in eyebrows. I too have to shave radiated side.. but them again I've always been a hairy italian. What did the kids do at the park?

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

I too am speechless after checking emails, whatever is decided I am in, just need directions as what to do and how!!

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

I'm not doing well at all with yahoo and my phone

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

I have to say I hate the Yahoo... didn't like the Google either.. I'm sad now :( Think I'll go look at the warm fuzzy stuff and cheer myself up lol.

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

I don't like either, either. I may have to loose you all, I'd hate that, but these group things just are driving me nuts.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited April 2015
    Options

I can't seem to navigate the yahoo thread! Very frustrated! I can't lose you all- you are my lifeline, honestly my only friends! Crying at the thought

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

Forgot today was Monday. Alarm didn't go off. Late for school again.

Kids played hard at park. Took tractor, dump truck, scooters to skate board park. Then went to playground.

Cleaned garage. Found 1/2 eaten fish. No wonder it stinks. Cat drug home from pond .25 mile away.

Happy Monday. Must do housework.

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

We'll figure something out you guys... no one left behind! :)

Happy Monday Z... sorry your day got off to a bad start. Gross about the fish :)

Spookie, how to you get here.. an app.. a bookmark? There are several free forum sites that maybe we can use, but I don't think they have "apps"., you'd have to bookmark or something.

I so don't want to be at work today.. wish somebody would open some windows.. I have no windows in my office and it's simply gorgeous outside.... I want to go out and play!

• PRB1956
    PRB1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited April 2015
    Options

What about a private blog? Someone could start it and let the messages be our 'forum'.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited April 2015
    Options

not sure how to set up a blog. I guess it would be similar to my web page for school?

Sorry your Monday was off to a rough start today, Z. Hated when that happened!

Spookie, I am as frustrated as you with Yahoo. Hopefully one of our younger, more tech savvy gals will find us an alternative!

Sorry you don't want to be at work Idesim! I know it is a pain, but I sure do miss it! I miss the routine, the people, the money, going somewhere where I was more than a patient or grocery shopper!

Going to get bandaged this am so I need to get moving! Have a great day! S