Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2014

Andrea and Dawny!! happy dance here for you.. couldnt have done it yesterday, I was down with the stomach flu.. yuck, can not stand to throw up but had no choice, it hit me out of the blue, didnt last terribly long and then left me tired so I spent the day on the couch..had so much to do too, dang. 

Love all the talk of Halloween decors.. I spent a few weeks in Austin, TX in 1997 with DS and loved how all the home were decorated so beautifully. We do that to some degree here but of course Jack Frost takes care of our pumpkins and mums way too early.

I have never had a Tim Tam, are they available in US, guess they must be, I should  find them for a try.

Hi to everyone!!

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited September 2014

Thank you ladies!  And congrats to Dawny too! I think you are right: we should celebrate. I think I would like to go to Red Lobster and have Coconut shrimp (the only kind I like) with piña colada sauce-yum!

That reminds me (not sure why exactly) I better find a Dairy Queen so I can have a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard before they're gone.

DP those spinach pies look delish!!

I have a sick kid home today too. 

My sister had laser treatment on her capillaries on her nose and cheeks. The first time it didn't work and she ended up with red spots (zap marks) all over her face. The next time she had it done it did work. 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2014

Congratulations to Andrea and Dawny. Time to celebrate!

M, Don't feel bad. I thought Shawny was a soap opera too. I don't have cable (gasp!) and have only seen QVC once. I see Netflix at my DS. To assure you that I'm totally out of date, I've never bought or sold anything on EBay. I've looked at it a few times and thought it was confusing. I do a lot of consignment and thrift shops in person.

DP, A woman on another thread mentioned that many insurance companies have nurse navigators for complex cases. You might see if yours does. She said it does need to be a nurse. She would probably go to bat for you and get those scans covered. Do take a nap. Steroids give you false energy.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited September 2014

I called in to the RO office about the pressure. Nurse called back and said dr says go back to three times you can't taper down. Tells me to Get with the MO about it when I see her. I guess he really is done with me. Asked if it's any chance it's the steroid making me feel this way. She says no. Thing is, I don't know if I want to dose it back up. I can't handle the way they make me feel. If the swelling isn't going away anyway what's the point?

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited September 2014

UGH!  Stupid dicktors!!  Time for the bitch slapper.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited September 2014

Bitch slapping that dicktor RO!  **slap**  DP, I want to come over for brekkie too.  I love a savory breakfast.  You are a housewife!  Please keep us posted about the pressure.

Andrea -- what a relief!  And Dawny.... dancing with NED!!  **happy dancing**  I was really thinking of you.  I am in for Z's party.  Choccy, beer, crunchies, eighties music... what else?

I want to get laser hair removal on my underarms, for a gruesome reason.  All these surgeries have pulled my underarm down and the hair is growing closer to my "breast" position area!  I hate it.  I'm scared to shave it because of infection.  But then again I'm scared to do laser on it too!  Plus, it is $200!

Z, so glad for the BG report!  Glad she is feeling a little better.  My punk clotheshorse!  Is she a chunk?  She looks like she could be a chunkalicious in the pic on my fridge.  Our princess has chunky saddlebags!  **I want to bite them**

M!  You are mixing everything up, and I feel we must blame it on 1) microdermabrasion affecting the brain, and 2) vanilla slice overdose.  But then how would you know about Shawnie Sue?  DP, I don't buy from Isaac either.  Those are just my friends.  DLLP hates it.  I tape it.  Lately (before the miscarriage) I was loving how Isaac was saying IT'S GIVING ME LIFE! (meaning an erection) about one item of clothing or another.  Shawnie Sue interpreted that to mean 'life force.'  And so she started saying it herself a lot.  I love her.

True confession, DP:  I also love Perricone.  I love Dana.  She is a survivor, BTW.  And... I have started loving Mally, although I wouldn't buy.  She is just the kind of person to irritate me.  But somehow, conversely, I love her.

HOw did I start watching qvc?  Instant menopause.  Was wrapping presents two Christmases ago and flipped it on -- had ten hot flashes in a row.  Isaac was on and it made me feel better!

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

Bobo:  electric razor??  I was scared to shave underarm, cuz it's so numb and afraid of cut with the LE issue.  Used electric for a while,, now very carefully shaving with regular razor,,, the electric was giving me some road rash cuz pressing too hard. It's SO NUMB under there.

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Yes, electric razor.  But: just the whole thing is disgusting.  **Trying to not find myself disgusting**

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

you are not disgusting!!  But it is annoying as all crap.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited September 2014

Morning ladies!

DP, sorry you sound like you hit the wall! Take it easy girl, this Housewife stuff can be exhausting and Steroids can make you feel woozed out.

I hate that your team are making you feel abandoned, care wise. Can you word them up as to how this is all new and disturbing to you? I have found, over the years of caring for Bec with the chronic asthma, both my parents with serious health issues and also with health care for Colin in emergency situations, that I turn it around on the health team.

If I am feeling things are not being taken seriously enough I will speak up, ask them to explain and the best of all, for action, I have found, is to eyeball and say "I need to fully understand, I am doing this alone!" and for things I don't fully agree with, "Are you really sure, what if you're wrong?" I couldn't care less if I offend them, but I make them rethink things and I always work on the premise that they are working FOR me.

This is scary stuff for you and they need to be 100% invested. I know it can be hard to do it for yourself. I have no problem being a hard ass for others, but I know it is harder when it's for yourself.

Take it easy, rest a bit! M x

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Morning ladies!

DP, sorry you sound like you hit the wall! Take it easy girl, this Housewife stuff can be exhausting and Steroids can make you feel woozed out.

I hate that your team are making you feel abandoned, care wise. Can you word them up as to how this is all new and disturbing to you? I have found, over the years of caring for Bec with the chronic asthma, both my parents with serious health issues and also with health care for Colin in emergency situations, that I turn it around on the health team.

If I am feeling things are not being taken seriously enough I will speak up, ask them to explain and the best of all, for action, I have found, is to eyeball and say "I need to fully understand, I am doing this alone!" and for things I don't fully agree with, "Are you really sure, what if you're wrong?" I couldn't care less if I offend them, but I make them rethink things and I always work on the premise that they are working FOR me.

This is scary stuff for you and they need to be 100% invested. I know it can be hard to do it for yourself. I have no problem being a hard ass for others, but I know it is harder when it's for yourself.

Take it easy, rest a bit! M x

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Sorry, posted the same one twice.

Glennie, oh how my life used to revolve around those surveys, the Radio ones! My ex, was a radio announcer and interviewer for the first commercial FM station in Aus, had worked in radio all his life. Three times a year, when those survey results were imminent, it was tension plus in our house. I could rely on every survey morning, I would have the cleanest kitchen floor ever. He would be up pacing around at night and would scrub the kitchen floor to get rid of the stress.

Those figures decided his income, his position and the shift he did on the air.

It was a fantastic life, lots of travel, concerts, fun stuff to do, but shit I hated the survey day buildup!

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Oh for fucks sake! What on earth is that Nurse on. Steroids certainly can, make you feel like that DP. I want to pull her hair! What a dick brain!

Can you get an appointment with the other Dicktor? Have sit down and nut this out?

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Bobo, You are never disgusting! I had an electric razor, I used it at first too. I have no feeling under my arm at all from the SNB. I am now back to using one of those ladies wet razors with all the guards and even a slight mesh over the blade. I soap up real well and then stretch my arm back so the skin is super tight and shave slowly. I don't think I could actually cut myself with that razor, it even has kind of bumper thingies on it.

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

This is an independent survey company,, not associated with any certain radio station. They want to know who I listen to,, and where and when, etc.. Anyway,, I get 4 bucks out of it!  LOL!

So I went on Hystersisters,, the hystectomy group, to see if anyone has any advice on lymphedema and getting a HX.. so far two replies.  Neither of them have LE,,, one told me to get an GYN/ONC (that was the entire advice)  and the other told me to have an abdominal HX instead of robotic cuz then I get to lay flat.  She had one and it was a really easy recovery.  (really???)    So far,, not helpful.   

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

ndgirl, I am so sorry you've had a lousy night. I hate to throw up too! I hope you are feeling better now.

Meant to tell you, I bought a few Amoena athletic items from the same seller we bought the pj's from on Ebay. Each item was $9.99, bargain! I can't buy for under $75.00 each over here!

Thank you Wren, glad I am not the only one who doesn't know who all these people are. I thought I had missed a whole lot of posts somewhere! lol

We have Breast Care Nurses over here who would probably be the same as your Nurse navigators. I wish DP could find someone as a "go to" for these times. It is making me burn, listening to how the  Dicktors are passing the buck and that stupid bitch, one on the phone deserves a slap from all of us!  M x  

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Andrea, so sorry you have a sick child at home too! Hugs to you!

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited September 2014

I decided to fit in the third dose back for today. Mainly because it's all going to be messed up tomorrow because of surgery and I'll be way late taking them in the mornkng. Got same bad feelings after the afternoon dose. Surely it is the pills. I can't explain the pressure as an SE but maybe I could be confusing it with numbness which is a listed SE. So is ear pounding. So is depression and mood changes. I keep telling myself it's just the steroids. Literally out loud talking to myself. Oh my. Anyway I'm going to talk to the mo about it tomorrow. I also intend to express my feelings to her that they have given up on me. Hope I can follow through with that. Any tine I stars talking today I get real shaky. I don't know what good it will do to tell her that but I just feel so alone right now. 

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited September 2014

My heart aches that you feel alone. I wish we could reach through the internet and plant ourselves right beside you. Because that is where we are in our hearts and thoughts. Put your arms across your chest (but not if it hurts) and grasp your shoulders and squeeze. That is me hugging you!! No matter how foolish you think it looks you do that everytime you think you are alone in this and remember that crazy woman in Maryland who is hugging you in her thoughts!!

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Oh DP, I am with Andrea, I wish I could reach through space to hug you too. It breaks my heart to think of you feeling alone.

Unfortunately the steroids are a necessary evil right now. Don't think for a moment that they don't cause awful Se's. I have no idea what that Nurse is thinking.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2014

Let's make this a big group hug for DP, hate that you feel so alone, just know we are all right here anytime holding you tight!

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

group hug  (((  DP  ))) 

Steroids are a necessary evil,, they have awful side effects,, what the F was that nurse thinking?? oh, ,was not thinking.   Foot in mouth.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2014

(((((((DP)))))))

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited September 2014

((((((((DP)))))))))

DP,  psssssstt check your mailbox ;)

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited September 2014

Hugs, DP, you are never alone, any time of the day or night.  

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

DP, we are with you!  You are not alone.  I know it's hard to talk about it, and the Fing SEs make it worse.  It always makes me feel better to tell the doctors the truth regarding their appalling behavior.

I am giving you a squeeze right now.  Ooh!  Hope I don't squeeze too tight.  In the bag all day. **cracking open a beer**

XOXOXOXO

p.s.  ND, Feel better!  I hate to throw up too!  Andrea, so sorry about your sick child.  *sigh*

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited September 2014

DP ..................Hugs all the time and anytime !! I usually hang out on the other Flat thread but wanted you to know I am thinking about you !!

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Hi Fiaranch!  *waving*

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited September 2014

Hey Bobo  !!!    PS I was reading a few threads  back ...........That dangling arm fat is known as "Bingo Wings"!!

DP a lot of us are crazy.................  I tend to be over the top !!!

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Fiaranch, Hi Betty!  **waving with swinging bingo wings**