Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited September 2014

LMFAO !!!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited September 2014

Fiaranch, " Hi Betty!"  **waving with swinging bingo wings! and butt jiggling**  lol!   Xxx

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited September 2014

Hi everyone  **waving with bingo wings**

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited September 2014

Dawny, you just made me snort laugh!  Still leftover happy from your results.  *smiling*

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited September 2014

Hey there, waving my Bingo arms at you all!

Hugs to you DP!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited September 2014

You all are such a silly bunch.  You got me laughing and I just got off the phone with DH and it's not going well. 

DP. Stage IV sucks. You do feel lonely. Either people don't get it or are afraid of it. But we've all got your back.

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

How you doing DP!  Thinking of you.

Dawny, forgot to say on other thread:  Your dinner sounded delicious!  I wanted every one of those things.  So glad you had a great time!  Next time order dessert to go and eat it in your pj's!  **excellent advice**

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited September 2014

hi guys. Getting chemo now. It was a big stink because total infusion time a like 5 hours and my actual infusion appt wasn't til 2. She was telling me I had to come back tomorrow after I met the dr and stayed accessed an everything. Anyway someone's boss called someone's boss and approved the nurses saying. And a dr volunteered to stay in the building. Rule is no chemo without two nurses and a doc on staff. So I'm pleased about that. I was starting to flip when she was telling me I couldn't start. Feeling very urgent and apparently so is dr. 

Talked about steroids. They gave me my normal 8mg in IV this mornjng. Then they gave me 10 mg as a premed this afternoon. Geez. So I won't be taking any more today. And she said to only take twice tomorrow instead of the three times. We will see how that all goes. Been so sleepy all day, which frightens me. But those 10mg have kicked in now. My convo with MO didn't really accomplish much. Told her I really want off the steroids. She said I may still have swelling. Asked how we know. She says mri which RO has scheduled for two months. Seems so far away. She says radiation continues to be actively working for a while after. I never heard that.  Anyway, I'll see how I feel about after this week I guess. Told her how it's really effecting my mood the last couple days among all the other problems it's giving me. 

Thank you guys for all of the hugs and support. I really appreciate you. Dawny I was confused because I had no messages but then bond just texted and said you got another package from Australia. Lol. Thank you, can't wait to see. Just wanted to check in so you guys know I'm still kicking. :-)

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

Glad you got the chemo started today, DP.   Two months seems long time for repeat MRI too,,, maybe MO can make it sooner.

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Morning DP, so glad you got your first dose, but still so annoyed, that things just don't run smoothly! Thinking of you!

Now Zills, what's happening there? Not going well? I am sorry, anything we can do? Big hug to you too! M x

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2014

DP, glad you got your chemo going... good job, and hope things go in the right direction for you! hugs!

Hey Zills, hope you are ok, wondering about you too. Big Hugs to you!!

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Well, DP, you have done some really excellent work getting that chemo started.  M could not have done better in one of her black suits!  I say 'one' of them, because I am assuming she has more than one.  :)

How is it going?  You wrapping it up?  Good job telling the MO about how you feel.  That is not easy to do.  I really admire that.  It's one thing to fire off some choice words on the thread, right?  And it's another to look a dr in the eye and set them straight.

How did the port go?  Dawny, excellent timing with that prezzie.  You are an ace.

Hugs to you DP!  {{{DP}}}

• Zillsnot4me
    edited September 2014

So glad you got it done. I would have been very anxious. So sorry they didn't respond to your concerns. See how you feel after chemo. You can always call them and tell them again. Maybe you can sweeten them up with some of your baking. Little bribery never hurt. Vcgetgfkqqghqhhwhwjhj. That's hello from BG. 

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Oh my god!  **waving frantically to BG**

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

Awwwww, BG can type.  **waves my bingo arms**  

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

made it home. Head not feeling so good. Pretty sure there is swelling cuz my wig kept being tighter. I swear my head actually looks bigger now. Hoping that will calm down with some sleep. Really hoping. 

What lovely treats dawny. Thank you so much. I was meaning to ask today what these Tim tams are you guys keep talking about. Now I know. Delicious. 

Off to bed. Love you guys. 

• dawny
    edited September 2014

Hope you have managed to get some sleep DP, and are feeling ok.  You are welcome, girls one of the treats was a chapstick!  Crap on a Chapstick! lol, couldn't resist that.  xx

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Dawny, you're just wonderful! M x

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

DP, I hope you got a rest, just keep in mind Z's Pacman doing its job in there. I am hugging you from here.

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

yes I did get a giggle telling bond I got crap on a Chapstick. And this hand cream is Devine. I have to slather up all day long per orders in the xeloda so it's just perfect. 

Was looking so forward to starting chemo. I forgot it would make me feel sick. Lol. Looking for it to make me feel better. Just a bit of nausea last night. Guess I better take the pills even though NP said I wouldn't need them. 

Disappointed to hear ixempra is like a taxane. Neuropathy has always been a big fear for me that and losing my toenails. Lol. A friend of mine has perm neuropathy and is disabled now because of it. I'm not sure which drug she was treated with. 

Seeing those little pacmen. I can hear them chomping!

• dawny
    edited September 2014

Go Pacman, go!

Glad you like the hand cream, wanted an Aussie one, so you could try something new.

Don't forget to moisturise your legs also, I was really itchy on chemo, used to scratch my legs to bits.

Was it 4:50  am when you wrote last DP.  I hope you went back to sleep.  Xx

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Hi DP, you're up early, I hope you feel better after the anti-nausea pill and that it is a short live side effect. I think the Pacman analogy is a great one.

That sounds like a lovely gift from Dawny!

Well, the painters have finally finished, which means the renos are officially over! Yay!! Just the cleanup to do now. The guys did a pretty good job of cleaning up, but there was a lot of sanding that has landed on window ledges and into the corners of the outdoor eating area and guys just don't see that. So I will get it done in the next few days and we will have it all ready for the real Spring and Summer weather, when we have the most visitors who come to stay.

Bedtime for me now...catch you later..M x

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Hi Dawny, I am just heading to bed. I try to have an early night now and then, but it rarely happens. I hope your daughter is feeling better today. Take care..M x

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

**waving my bingo arms**   Good morning,, or evening,, everyone.

Dog walked and fed. Me showered and half dressed.  Off to eat light breakfast,, cuz tummy is churning,,,, then off to appt.   Back later.

Go Pacman GO!!

• Zillsnot4me
    edited September 2014

not mine but too cute!  Hope your feeling ok DP. Tomorrow is national talk like a pirate day! 

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2014

Zills, how cute is that pic??? OMG, love it, bet it could have been yours!!

Dawny, you are so sweet with the gift of cream for DP, bet the pacman will really chomp now!!

Waving bingo arms to everyone this morning.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited September 2014

Hi All !!

Waving Bingo wings . DP I really hope you slept .............  Here is my mood today

Have a great day.............off to the thankless task of cleaning now !!

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

Zills:  that pic is SO cute!!!

Fia:  love the Wednesday face!!  Smiles make wrinkles!  hahahahaha.

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

:-) pumpkin butts. Thanks for reminding me about tomorrow. I celebrate that every year!  Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Avast ye matey!  I remember when we celebrated this last year!  Arrrgh!  Shiver me timbers!

Dawny, you rock!  Crap on a ___________!  DP, hope you got good rest last night.  I can feel those pacmen just chomping away.  I bet the cream Dawny sent you smells delicious.  Bond must laugh at your madcap potty-mouthed friends!  *We love you Bond!*  And we love you more DP.