Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited September 2014

I am making resting bitch face right now.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited September 2014

Walllk the plannnk!

Bond must think we are ridiculous. Love the pumpkin tushes.  I too am doing the resting bitch face now.

M, DD went back to school yesterday, still not quite 100%.  She has been sick for over a month now, virus then flu.  She has been miserable and not eating much, has lost weight.  Today is the last day of term, so she will be able to rest up over the holidays.  xx

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited September 2014

Arrrrrrrrr me hearties!!! Swab them decks....oooh I like this...resting bitch face now! That's why I have wrinkles, I smile too much! Thanks Fia!

I hope the Pacman are doing their thing DP!

Those little pumpkin bottoms were so gorgeous, Zills, I love that.

Yes, I wonder what Bond thinks about all of us, we love you too, Bond!!!!

Bright and sunny here today, may get some outside work done today. Running to get in the shower and down to Opp shop this morning to drop some stuff off. Colin will have fingers crossed that I come back empty handed! That doesn't happen often..lol

Will catch everyone later! M x

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Dawny, I am sorry to hear your girl has been sick for a while. I don't know if you are in to supplements, but we have had amazing results from Olive Leaf extract. Fantastic for any kind of virus and helps a lot with bacterial infections too. I take it every day, it was the only supplement I was allowed to stay on during the lead up to my surgery because the anesthetist takes it too! I buy the Sandra Cabot Olive leaf and Thyme capsules and haven't had a cold or flu in over 5 years. Colin takes the Chemist Warehouse brand and has cut down the UTI's that he has been plagued with since his accident, to a minimum. M x

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited September 2014

executive decision to dose down. Took only 4mg for tonight. Called dr to ask to give me an ASAP dose down plan. Nurse said she would send her an email but wouldn't hear back today. So I'm going rogue I guess. 

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited September 2014

Dawny:  sorry to hear that DD has been ill. 

Never tried the Olive leaf.  My chiro got me onto Pure Encapsulations Colostrum.   I take that at the first sign of cold, etc. I used to get upper resp infections at the drop of a hat and once I started this stuff,, I literally have not been sick.  I started it yesterday when I was feeling punk. Really makes a difference to me,, that's the immune booster I mentioned.

DP:  going rogue!  We are here for you. Hope you hear from doctor tomorrow.

Wonder why none of my doctors email?  That would make things easier for me.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2014

My doctor emails. She just sent me one that she wants me to drive half way across town to have my blood pressure taken by her assistant. I'm already on 2 blood pressure medicines. I don't know where we would go from here if it's bad. Wonder if she would take a fireman's word for it. There's a station just a few blocks away.

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

I would email her back and ask.  Seems silly to drive that far.   Dr could either up the doses of what you are on now, or add a 3rd med.. Hope your BP is ok.

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

F that Birdie!  Go to the firemen.  They are so handsome.  Take selfie and post it here.

Going rogue, DP!  We are right there with you.  It is your body!  **shocking thought for dicktors to consider**

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

Our body???   **rogue and shocking**  

Selfie with the firemen???  Go for it!!

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited September 2014

Firemen -  YES!   I second the posting of a picture!

I like the rogue and shocking statement.  Maybe our new motto?  Kind of defines this crazy bunch :)

"We are rogue and shocking, even when there's crap on a chapstick coming our way".

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

How cute is this???

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

did a half dose again this morning. Feeling so paranoid and scared. Spent all night trying to decipher head pressure from face pressure. So much scary reading on dexamethasone and tapering down too fast. But I almost feel like it's an allergic reaction when I've been taking it this week. I read after three weeks on it your adrenal glands shut down. It has been that long and my dosage was higher than any I have seen. Waiting to see what dr says but I don't have a lot of faith in it. 

I don't feel like moving. Just laying here trying to sleep I guess but I'm not sleepy. I just want my head to be clear and it won't come. 

Happy talk like a pirate day maties. Arrrrhggh

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

ARGGGGGGHHHH!!!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2014

AARRRGG for sure DP, so sorry how you are feeling, here is hoping it resides soon.. love and hugs!

Love the pic Glennie, wow some people are so creative.. which is not me.

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

Not me either. It was on my FB page today, so I stole it for here!

• wren44
    edited September 2014

Arrrrrgh! DP Hope you feel better soon.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited September 2014

Ahoy mateys. Who's ready to make the dicktator/nurse walk the plank? 

• wren44
    edited September 2014

Ahoy. Count me in. Davy Jones locker has a place for that piece of chit.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited September 2014

shiver me timbers. X marks the spot. I found treasure in my mailbox but I can't open it. Draw out your cutlasses! 

Thanks DP. 

Bonus! Treasure chest has egg crate inside. Have to decorate a pumpkin for the book fair next week. Boy picked planes the movie. Have an acorn squash for the nose and some verigated orange and cream squash for body. Can nestle in the egg crate! 

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

DP, I hope things feel a bit better now. I know how shit the drug is, and how dreadful it can make you feel, but don't taper too fast, especially from big dose. Don't worry about the 3 week warning, heaps of people are on this stuff forever, like me. Don't let google scare you, any more. It is manageable!  Book is on its way to you.

Zills, I want to be at your house. I love the sound of all this decorating stuff, we don't do anything like it here.

I am up for making those Dicktors walk the plank! I have my Cutlass at the ready for any blighters who won't get moving!

Glennie, that pic was so damn cute, but who puts a baby in a Mousetrap?

Wrenn, what is it with these Dicktors? Drive across town for a blood pressure test? Don't they do that in harmacies over there, or do you have a home unit? Firemen, what is it about Firemen? They are the cutest of the uniform  wearers, I think! 

Cool and cloudy today, where has the Spring weather gone? Catch you later...M x

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

M:  the pharmacies usually have an automatic machine, but it is not as accurate as a person taking it.  And firemen are usually HOT,,, I would prefer that!    heeeheee

Yeah, I don't know who puts a baby in a mousetrap,, but it was cute.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2014

Firemen are hot but..... wouldnt they make our blood pressure raise??? we would probably blow the damn machine up if they took ours,, even us without our estrogen! but still sounds like the best idea to me.. go for it Wren.

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

I thought that book must be from m. It doesn't talk about dexamethasone though it's about prednisone. Maybe similar? I have to get off. Have to have to. The mental breakdown is unbearable and can't be a good thing over time. My muscles are all wasted away. I can't pinpoint when that happened. I had very muscular legs always. My inability to account for the passage of time is frightening. I asked bond tonight if I had been going to work the last few months. I seem to know or think I was but I just can't remember what I was doing. I remember being so tired but think I was doing ok. Now it makes me question if it is current memory loss or if my brain was really whacked out then too and I just didn't know it. Wishing I had called dr sooner instead of waiting for appt. but that's neither here nor there now. 

Z I hope it's your shade. They make different ones so if it's off don't give up on ccs entirely. I could never throw away those isomers mailers cuz the egg stuff. Lol. Was happy to reuse one finally. 

Fireman def cuter than the pharmacy peeps. Loved everyone's pirate talk today. 

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Arrrgh DP!  Fucking steroids.  Walk the plank, SEs!  So sorry they are making you feel so bad.  That is the worst.  Where is that Dicktor!?

I would totally do it with a fireman.  A male fireman.  **totally worth it**  And it sounds like our ND would too.  And...well... we know our M would too.  **past career as fluffer**  BTW M -- Boo!  I wanted Scotland to secede!  I am Scottish!  I should have a vote!  Although I think it would have negative financial effects on Scotland...

Avast!  Z is putting us all to shame in the decoration department **barely have enough time to clean myself**

Sending you hugs DP!

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

UGH, DP,, those SE suck!!  When is appt?  Hang in there!! Ava dog sends kisses.

I would so totally do a fireman too.

Was Scotland really going to secede?  I am so behind with the news. With just about everything. Do not look at the dust bunnies in my house. At least I manage to keep up with the dishes. And feeding the dog.

• wren44
    edited September 2014

Glennie, You have to keep up with feeding the dog. Otherwise she might take a hunk out of you.

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

she doesn't let me forget.  She does the dinner dance.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited September 2014

DP, I hope those SE's  start to resolve and you get some relief soon!  That sucks!

Trying to keep up with everything but I have been asleep since last Friday when I started taking Effexor for my being hot all the time.  I have slept around 20 hours a day!  I think my body is beginning to adjust as I am awake tonight!  I do not like this stuff!

All this doing a fireman is making me laugh.  You all remember that DH is a retired firefighter and son is one as well, right?  

DD's dog, Ryan wants to go out so I'd better run.  She has potty issues and it drives me crazy!

Have a good night/ day everyone!  S

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

They are both corticosteroids, DP sorry, you were saying steroids and I assumed, same as Prednisone, they all have shitful se's.

I am sorry you're having such a shit time!

Glennie, Scotland was voting this week about seceding and it was about a 45 to 55 vote so a lot of people want to do it.

Someone asked me about what a wee dram is, it's a measure or a shot of whiskey.

Sgc, I did remember your Fireman connection! We all love Firemen!