Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited September 2014

Hi Ladies, I don't believe you can stop anyone from reading your posts. You can block them from PM'ing you, or you seeing their posts, but anyone can go on the forum and read everything.

The only way would be for DP to set up Bond's account and block herself from it, but that means he could then unblock at any time if he is aware of how it works.

Waving my bingo arms to all of you! M x

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited September 2014

it's not that big a deal I guess. Just thinking who knows what all I have said over the last year and a half. Much less lately since this has become like my effin diary. I didn't see a particular thread. Is there one? Didn't look like much activity going on in the stage IV caregivers. Is that where it's at?

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

I just had a look over there, I know Sailman was posting but it doesn't look like it is very active on that thread. Here it is, if you want to take a look.This one isn't in the stage lV area, I don't read that one.

The Husbands Corner(for family, friends, boyfriends, ect.)

I hope you can get him to do something, I hate to think of him bottling stuff up, with no one to talk to about how he feels. I know he has you DP and it sounds like you two have good lines of communication, but as we all know here, it is good to be able to put it out there sometimes.   M x

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2014

Check with your onc about support your hospital might have. A social worker who deals with cancer might be an ideal person for him to connect with.

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

That's a good idea Wren! M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

yes that is a good idea. I will look into that. Spent all night thinkig I was dying. Got up and took an extra 2mg of steroids because I do think I could feel real swelling. Maybe. Was so tired and no appetite this mornjng. I think I actually slept for an hour after my xeloda. Woke up feeling pretty good. Trying to keep my mind occupied now. Hope everyone is having a good day. 

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited September 2014

Hi DP  **waving bingo arms**

Getting ready for surgery next week. Ran to vet's office and got Ava's thyroid meds. Then went to grocery store and stocked up on a few things. Work friends will be bringing food but I wanted to have some canned soup, etc in the house.  The one who is organizing it stopped by this AM with her little daughter. She lives close-by so they took a "wagon walk" to see me. Ava was delighted with the little one, ~ 22 months old. She kept offering Ava her stuffed doggie, it was cute.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited September 2014

G, I know I talked to you today, but that sounds so fun!  Ava is just the sweetest.

Hey DP!  **waving flabby bingos** You know, it's terrible that you are feeling so scared.  I hate it.  I was wondering...don't want to overstep my bounds... but would it be possible to contact your nurse navigator?  Tell her how you're feeling?  And perhaps she could send a nurse to check up on you a couple times a day?  I was thinking it might be nice for you to have someone to talk to, every day, about your SEs, some of which are so scary to you.  You shouldn't have to be doing this alone (without much med help, I mean).  And I think Bond would feel relief, perhaps, to see a nurse there taking good care of you.  And then, should you need more (or fewer, or whatever) steroids, the nurse could help you by being a liaison to your med team.  What do you think?

No matter what, I am sending you love and thoughts that those steroids are doing their jobs!  xxx

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

glad you are going to have people taking care of you glennie. 

I'll call the NN tomorrow. Never got to it today. In typical fashion the day started good and then my mind fogged over. I did accomplish a few administrative things I've been needing to do. I asked the NP I call me today, she didn't. I requested an appt at Md Anderson. They called back within 10 minutes and they don't want me. Dreading tonight. The nights are so long and scary. And now I have to make sure I get up at 11 pm for steroids since I adjusted the schedule last night. I got up last night and made a quasi will. Surely this is steroid withdrawls but the timing doesn't have a lot of reason all the time. 

It's funny about the NN. I got one everywhere I went. I think I have like 5. None of them ever checked in again. The one at my center set me up for a couple of things eaely on cuz I spazzed out in the waiting room the day they tried flipping my port. But I never really sought much involvement so I'll take the blame on that. 

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Good morning from over here!

Waving madly to you DP. I feel like Bobo, the thought of you being scared on your own, is just awful and when I think of you lying there all night, like that, I just don't know what to say!

Bobo is right, we don't want to overstep our bounds, but we don't want you to be feeling like this and perhaps the Nurse Navigator may, just be able to help you. I am not au fait with how your system works, but we have nurses who visit, if the Doctor requests that they come. 

I remember you felt there wasn't much support from your medical team, is it perhaps time to reach out and let them know how you're feeling?

We all just want whatever is best for you, but you know you can bitch slap us, if we're overstepping! Love to you and a great big hug....M x

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Posting at the same time DP Just disregard that last post, you're way ahead of me! I understand how long the nights are, when you are worrying. Far be it from me, to suggest drugs, you know I am so anti meds, but is there anything that you could take, say after the 11 o'clock steroids, to get you through till morning? 

Those NN need a good foot up the ass, for their tardiness! That makes me boil, I don't think it's supposed to be you, chasing them, is it?  M x 

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Hi Glennie, glad you've got thing organized for next week, gosh that has come around quick, perhaps not for you!

Have they said how long you're in Hospital? M x

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

Sounds like the Nurse Navigator might be helpful,,, just might have to kick her a few times to get her jump-started???   Do we need to get M in the power suit on Skype?

It has been FOREVER waiting for surgery,, in my opinion,,, and stay overnight???  This is a robotic drive-by hysterectomy,,,, the only way I stay over night is if something goes badly,,, or if robotic can't be done and it turns into abdominal,,,     SO Hopefully all will go well and I'll be home with Ava.  Much better place to be.

back to work,,, night 5 of 6,, counting down.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited September 2014

DP I hope you have a better night. The dark always makes things worse. 

I think it is deplorable that the medical team isn't doing everything you need them to. 

I would wave my Bingo arms too...but (don't hate me) I don't have them. Can I just virtually jump up and wave my flabby belly???

Love all you ladies!!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2014

checking in and hoping DP had a better night. I was wondering the same as Ariom if there would be something for you after the 11pm steroids.

Andrea... trade you arms!!

Glennie, hope your preop goes well and on to the next.

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

good morning lovelies. Bond suggested the same thing last night. But I really don't want any more meds. I'm also paranoid about blocking headaches but don't really know why since I'm not really changing anything when I have the pressure. Dunno. Will see how the rest of the week goes. Fighting the steroid head right now. 

Looking at this ThredUp.com that I saw a link on here to back in the summer. I had ordered a clean out bag from them and never got around to filling. It's online consignment. Browsing made me want to buy instead of sell cuz the prices are crazy low. There's s $20 off coupon I can send if anyone wants.  Will try to put some stuff in my bag for them today. 

Enough about me. What's everyone up to?

Also thank you pbr and jenni for the lovely cards. You all are so good to me. 

• AndreaJ50
    edited September 2014

ndgirl.....how's your belly? If it's flatter than mine I might be up for a trade! Lol 

Wouldn't it be nice if we could buy and sell our body parts? Get an upgrade.

Glennie:  are you getting your ovaries out too or just the uterus?

DP I hope today is better for you. Good luck with your consignment venture!!

((hugs))

Andrea

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

Back from preop appt.  Yes, it will be a complete "spay" job.  Ovaries and all.  My GYN is great,,, I'm her first case that day. Woot!  She knew I would want to be first.  Got all my instructions and now this countdown is on.  Last night to work,,, and so must walk dog and get ready for work. 

Hope everyone is having a good day.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2014

Andera, well belly probably wouldnt make a good trade!! a few years back yes, but not now, I know it could be worse but still not liking the extra roll (spare tire) around the middle. I need to get doing some toning excercises but not good at that either. Did the 5 Tibetan Rites last winter and then came summer and I slacked off thinking I was so busy outside I wouldnt need them... wrong, wonder if I do them this winter???

In the bag for you Glennie!!

HUGS to DP

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

glad things are coming together glennie. It'll be all in the past real soon. 

Didn't touch my clothes again. Decided I wanted out for a while instead. Worked on my fair recipe ideas all morning to fight the brain fog. Had bonds elderly girlfriend come pick me up for lunch at braums and trip to Kroger. Man was I in a daze while we were out. Not much better right now. I can feel all the places in my head where the lesions are I think but who knows. The NP did call me back today. She said she wants me to do more spread out. Since I took 2mg his mornig she said to take 4mg tonight. Hoping I can make it that long without giving in to panic. She said it would tell us nothing to do another brain mri now. But I still feel like we should know of there is swelling before I come completely off. But again, I guess if there is, then it doesn't really matter. Rambling sorry. 

Going to try a nap and then maybe I'll feel up to workkng on bonds spam recipe. 

• AndreaJ50
    edited September 2014

DP could you make a recipe for Spam Tacos?  What if you chopped the meat into little cubes and fried them. Just a thought.

Glennie, make room in your pocket for me too!!

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Hi DP, you spam goddess!  Can't wait to hear about your recipe.  I am so sorry you didn't get what you'd hoped from the NP.  I know the nights are long.  Wish you could sleep soundly, but understand about not wanting to take too many meds.  Wish you could have more nurse help -- can you?

I taped Isaac and Shawnie Sue last night!  He has been trying to cheer her up.  He's pretty sweet.

Andrea: I am jealous of your skinny arms!  Post a picture! 

XXXX

• AndreaJ50
    edited September 2014

Ok, totally not skinny, lol. More like solid fat, just doesn't jiggle much. 

Now my belly (below navel) is a totally different  thing. I could smuggle a small child under that thing!! Lol!!  

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Speaking of bellies, I hate, loathe and despise, my steroid belly. I am on a low dose, have been forever and my Rheumy tells me if i could get of the steroids the belly would disappear. I am doubting that, but I will never know, because as soon as I get down to around 2mg a day the Rheumatoid flares again.

DP, glad you got out for a bit and the Nurse called back! About time! I hope the spacing out may help with the se's. I have just decided to space Dex's dose out to 2.5 mg every 3 days. I hope that works for him too!

I hope you had a nap. Another entry in the Spam competition? Hugs M x 

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

Don't like my poochy belly either.  **seriously hoping it goes down after HX**  It is the size of a 14 week pregnancy, she says,, so hope to lose a bit! We shall see. Must be able to get in jeans again. Not buying new wardrobe.

Spam tacos??  That would be different!

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Well, I am buying a new wardrobe.  I do not care.  I will space it out.

**drops mic** Tip your waitress!  (Hi DP!)

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Where's our girl, DP? I checked before I went to bed and nothing this morning, either. I hope you are tired out from all that cooking yesterday and have had a great sleep. 

Will check back later! M x

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Yes, where are you, DP?  **looking**

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited September 2014

Hey Girl! It's been over 24 hours and we are worried!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited September 2014

BG stays awake longer than the boy. She sneaks into his room every night. Last night he took markers to bed. He was striping himself. He wrote on her hands. 

DH came home from gym. Boy was playing possum. So DH colored on him. Today everyone wanted to know if he had an allergy flair. No one's expecting daddy did it answer. 

Last night was carhops for cash at Sonic drive in to benefit his school. He begged to go. No cooking so a no brainer. He held the sign, BG held the tip jar. Got a twenty right away. Biggest tip that hour.  She's so cute. And he's so outgoing.