Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited September 2014

Oh DP.. you know you make my day when you sound like your old self and say stuff like "take your shit and go home" day!  Love it.  All those entries were probably inspired by your winning recipe last year.   

Glennie -  I know you will be so happy by this time tomorrow!   You'll be eating cookies and chil-laxing (one of dd's favorite words).   Her cough seems better.  She had a birthday sleepover yesterday, and parents said she barely coughed...until I showed up.  Thinking she's allergic to me!   Told them they should maybe keep her for a week or so ;)   

I have never been a 'fall' kind of person.  I love spring...but I gotta say, these beautiful 75 degree days are starting to sway me some.  Guess mother nature quit taking her steroids just like DP and decided to mellow out some.  Windows open, sun shining...it feels like a beautiful June day. 

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited September 2014

DP, you just made my day! How fantastic it is to get up and here you're posting about the Spam contest. I am so pleased that stopping the Xeloda has made such a difference to the way you feel.

Go Bond! I am so pleased your Mother got 2nd place. I would love to see it! And how good is it to see your last year's creation has been immortalized in a photo flyer!

I hope you continue to feel good, take it easy, don't overdo, like we always seem to do! Love and hugs M x

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited September 2014

can't wait to see the pix. Must have heard how much fun you had in Hawaii! 

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited September 2014

I forgot what it was like to dream. I took a nap and slept like a person but u woke up from a dream thinking those things had happened before realizing it was a dream. Lol. Trippy. Still feeling good. Just like I could sleep for three days. I did give in and take 1 mg of steroids today. Was having some pressure and didn't want to freak out at the fair. No problems so far. 

Here's what my mom made me. 

Wish you could see all the detail. It's pretty amazing in person. 

Almost there glennie. Countdown!

Thank you dr z for getting me through yesterday. Been doing the muscle milk. Man that shit is messy. But I'm going to be religious drinking it at least until I see a little muscle somewhere. 

Ok now I must scroll back and see what is going on with everyone else. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

gosh I didn't realize i had not read so many days if posts. Was feeling super bad. 

Love the pumpkins. The airplane is adorable. I also love the cow. 

Oh M how beautiful. I'm with glennie, packing now. 

Bobo how is your dad doing?

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited September 2014

DP: that house is so cute!!! I love it!   Glad you had a good day.

Yes, almost here,,, 12 hours from now, I should be on the OR table.  If I have finished pooping my brains out by then, anyway,,,,

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2014

DP, Your Mom has talent - and truly loves you. That house is adorable.

Glennie, In the bag for tomorrow.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited September 2014

DP!  Wow!  Second place in the family is not too bad.  That house is incredible.  I must say 'Play with your food' is a nauseating thought with regard to spam  :)  I think you did great!  We are all proud of 'our' spam entry.  Go Bond!

I am so glad you got some trippy quality sleep.  I guess we had no idea how much the Xeloda was affecting you, huh?  Such a relief.  Am watching QVC while I am getting ready and thinking of you (Mally).  I used to really dislike -- she used to irritate me terribly -- but now I love her.  I don't know why.  

So kind to ask about my dad.  Cookie bomb exploded in his house and was cheering.  He keeps his cards close to his chest.  He has chemo again in about two months.  They are not operating, though, which I perceive to be good news.

PRB, jealous of your 75-degree days!  It's still so hot and muggy here.  In the bag for Glennie! XXX

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited September 2014

Big hugs Glennie!!

• AndreaJ50
    edited September 2014

DP I am confused...is the house made out of Spam??

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

lol. No it's not spam. It was a different contest. Spam art. Hmmm new category?

I know what you mean about Mally bobo. She is total that girl that you would hate but she us just so darn happy and sweet that you love her. I feel the same way about Tara Reid. Lol. Except with her it's cuz she's just so dingy. I like watching Josie Maran too. She is just so darn pretty and happy all the time. 

Yea I had no idea it was the xeloda doing that to me. I have so much going at once. Pretty tired today. I just want to stay in bed. Took 1mg decadron again because I thought I could feel swelling. Head has been reeeeally weird all night and morning. The dreaming is making me crazy. No appetite now and I was craving water before but not now. I keep making an effort to go find a bite to eat then I forget because I stare in the fridge and nothing looks good, then I forget what I was doing. Wow I sound like a mess. Ok. I'm going to go eat SOMETHING and take a nap. 

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Hi DP! **waving** Can't wait to hear what you ate.  I confess I like Josie Maran too.  I like to watch Josie Maran, and all of the models who are rubbing argan oil into their skins, while I am simultaneously putting my essential-based oils on after my shower!  I think it's hilarious!  I am like, We are all hydrating ourselves.  :)

Who sounds crazy now?  HINT:  It's me  XXXXOOOO

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

hello all!  I'm home!  Details over on the New and Future Flat thread.  Way too tired to cross post. 

Xoxoxo. 

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Woo Hoo Glennie, already posted to you over there.

DP, sorry you have the weird head, and dreams, but glad to hear the Xeloda was the cause of the other stuff. Do they have to replace that with something else?

I hope you found something interesting in the new fridge, to eat! 

Waving madly from over here!

Hey Bobo, I need to know about the Essential Oils you're using, you know I am an addict for them.

I have no idea who those people are that you and DP speak of, assuming TV presenters?

Going to have a  shower, catch you all later...M x

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

Hi DP! **waving**  M, right now it is **reading** 'Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil.'  I like to slather it on whilst watching Josie Maran -- she is supermodel QVC tv presenter, and she sells Argan oil.  QVC is really guilty pleasure for me.  Although the only thing I've really bought is the V.

DLLP hates when I watch QVC.  Isaac Mizrahi tonight.  She hates it, but I love it!  The clothes are so ugly!  And really there's a story behind it.  I got hooked one Christmas, and after, when Isaac was trying to flog his clothes for new year, and he kept screaming TO YOU FROM YOU.  That just made me laugh.

• bobogirl
    edited September 2014

I reply to myself.  That Weleda Regenerating Pomegranate Body Oil has some serious regenerating to do.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited September 2014

I am behind.  DP, so glad you are feeling a little better, it was the Xeloda?  Are you going to replace it with something else?  Love the house, that must have taken hours and hours!  Go Bond!

Z, loved the pumpkins, you did a fantastic job on yours.

Hugs to Glennie  xx

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

she had already warned me that we may hav to stop a couple days early each cycle due to hand foot syndrome. She says it's no big deal stopping early. That it's still doing it's job. I beleie she is just saying that to humor me. If that was true why wouldn't he ycle be shorter?  But my hope is that I can get some of this taxis toxicity out of my autem during the break and that the next go find won't be  so rough. I also assume we will do neullasta up Troy instead of neupogen after the problems start. This is unexpected for me because I tolerated AC/t so well. My counts never dropped and aside from a few shoe fatigued days,  I felt fine and was at work. They said it was because of my age but I wonder also if it has to do with the tumor load. 

I would look stupid in Isaac bobo. I've become more of a Lori Goldstein girl. Cuz I've become a lazy dresser like her. Lol. But I like listening to him like you.  Opohhhh since you will know what I mean. What is he deal with David' in the kitchens hair? What is that? Spray paint?

I never look so glamorous pressing in my argan oil. 

M you don't get American channels?  My mom says fine friend is hooked on American tv. Don't know where he sees it. 

All prepped for the fair early in the morning. Here's hoping my body and brain agree  then. Goodniht. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

and yippeeeee glennie a home. I hope the pain meds are good to you. 

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

Hiya DP, now I am understanding a bit more of what's happening with you. I sure hope, now that they know what it was doing to you, that they get a handle on it and have an "antidote" for the se's.

I watch heaps of American TV, but I thought these people you speak of, were on the Shopping channel. We have some of the same shopping channel products, like Dimitri etc, but  you have your own presenters that we never see. I would love to be able to shop on your home shopping channels, because they are far more extensive and generally much cheaper than ours, but they won't accept our credit cards. I think you have to have your credit card connected to a US address to shop there. My MyUs address doesn't count. If there is a new product going to be released on our Shopping network, I always go onto yours, to get a look at the product and see what prices you get it for. 

I am not into any of the soaps, Days of your "drearies", or anything like that, but my fave shows were, True Blood, Dexter, True Detective, those kinds of American shows. Colin and I watch those, when they are going live in the US on a Sunday night, we get them at about 3pm Monday afternoons.  

I have everything crossed that you can go and have a really good time at the fair tomorrow! Sleep well! M x 

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

That Weleda sounds lovely Bobo. I love my Aromatherapy, today I have Be Uplifted in the burner and it is truly divine! I use a blend called Be Relieved, every day for my arthritis and as a moisturizer.

Our shopping channel presenters can be soooooo irritating. There are a couple that I like, and it is one of the ones I like, who organized all the product for my Beauty Day, which is on Friday, this week.  M x

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited September 2014

I always marvel at the presenters on QVC... they could talk for 15 minutes about a toothbrush!

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

what??

• AndreaJ50
    edited September 2014

Is this your entry DP???

• DeliriumPie
    edited September 2014

yes. Fiery Vegetarian Stuffed Poblano Peppers. 

Grandma won 2nd place. And mom got third but in a different category, tex mex dessert. 

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited September 2014

First place, awesome!  Looks like the judges enjoyed them!  LOL

• glennie19
    edited September 2014

Way to go!!!  

• Ariom
    edited September 2014

OMG! DP you are amazing! That's so good, the 3 women in the family taking out the first 3 prizes, that's got to be a record! What were the other 2 recipes?

Now set me straight, this is not the Spam competition, that is still to come, with Bond doing the entry

How are you feeling today?

I woke up to high winds and rain this morning and now it is blue sky and sunshine. Take it easy M x