Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited October 2014

I think the magic socks are ones with moisturizers built into them. I've seen them at Bed Bath and Beyond.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited October 2014

Hi Ladies, just a quick one this morning. It is Beauty Day!!!! So won't be around till later. Have to get the room set up and still don't know exactly how many will be there. Just had notification yesterday of 2 new members, that makes 24 now, but all of them can't be there. A couple are in treatment, away from the town and one in Hospital after more surgery.

Magic sock and gloves, I love them, mine have a kind of moisturizing silicone inner layer. I also have pajamas made from bamboo fiber, super soft, that has been infused with Aloe!

DP, I would vote for the more sleep, too! I hope you've had a good rest.

Glennie, sorry your womb wasn't heavier, but the no peeing is a good result! It is a win, win! and you're doing so well!

Edited to say, Glennie, just a broken blood vessel in my eye, but when I get then, I always get really gory ones for some reason.

Have a great evening,,,,catch you later! M x

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Have fun at Beauty Day, M!  Can't wait to hear all about it.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited October 2014

beauty day has arrived! What fun. M is going to go s

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited October 2014

Big day for you M. Can't wait to hear all about it.

"Sorry your womb wasn't heavier"!!  That cracked me up. There's a greeting card for ya! Lol.

DP hope you got some rest and the day is going well.

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

beauty day has arrived! What fun. M is going to go sprinkle everyone with her fairy dust. 

The magic socks are supposed to be designed somehow to be more moisturizing than the normal ones. And the have 6% spandex so they stay fitted to you and are supposed to hold their shape with washing. The okeefes is helping my burns on hands. Wow for this stuff. PRB wasn't kidding   

Can't remember when I posted but I slept til 10 then have piddled around straightening up a bit and watching good network like a dork. Was able to focus long enough to watch the season premier of csi. Couldn't do that before. Laying down now. Maybe get a tiny nap in before bond gets home. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

I thought the same thing Andrea. lol. But I have not caught up with the other thread in a real long time so I thought maybe I was just missing something. Sorry you got a runt of womb glennie but I don't know why. :-)

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

I just thought it would weigh more, as GYN said it was the size of a 14 week pregnancy.  It would make a great greeting card, though.  ;)

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited October 2014

Hooray G!  So glad post-op went well!  You are a champ.  294 grams?  That made me laugh as I was hoping for four pounds.  

M!  The bloody eye!  I remember it well.  OMG. Out come the fancy sunglasses, right?  You will look glamourous for Barry the Postman.  **he is in love with you**

Hi DP!  **waving** I am sooo glad for your nice naps!  It wasn't too long ago that you couldn't sleep well at all.  Perhaps the Xeloda was doing that.  Can't wait to hear what the dermatologist says. 

I love you, Bond!  XXXXOOOO

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited October 2014

Have fun at beauty day, M, wish I could come!

Yay for good path report Glennie!  That is a relief, chuckling at us wanting your womb to weigh more.

Glad you are getting naps DP, your body must need it after all of that awake time.

Waving "Hi Betty" to everyone  xx

• bobogirl
    edited October 2014

Dawny!  I have been missing you!  Please jump to the 'new and future flat sister' thread, where a burning question awaits you... please weigh in!  Hi Betty! X

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited October 2014

Saw two puppies tonight.

Jade, a registered black lab, 5 months, no training, jumped up on BG and wore the boy out. She wouldn't have anything to do with her and he said she was too rambunctious. She settled down. Should be easy to train but afraid of pulling on my arm. Needs to be spayed. 

Piper, lab mix, white with spots and stand up ears, 7 months. Quiet. BG liked her. Boy said she was lazy. She was at a dog park and was busy sniffing so didn't play with boy. Wasn't aggressive when another dog arrived. Walks on a harness. 

Never dreamed it would be this hard to find a dog. Am I overthinking it? Do I really need something else to take care of?  

I am really tired today. Been pushing myself all week. Had two different invites to go out tonight but stayed home. 

Boy had field trip to children's garden today. They had a blast. It was hot and they got soaked. My feet are sore and my ankles swollen. 

Last night Dillard's had pink spa. Dinner, facial, hand wax and bra fitting. They were so sweet. Homemade dinner and they waited on us, served us. Used a clarasonic? Brush to clean face. Nice. Beautiful bra, slip and matching panties in black with pink flowers on the edges. Have to go back for fitting and there's a secret spa room that I'm encouraged to book for free! When I'm having a bad day. 

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Piper sounds calmer. You are not overthinking,,, it's not an easy decision.

Secret spa room sounds nice!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited October 2014

Arghh! Listening to George Winston on pandora. Got interrupted for a bc commercial from local grocery store. Puketober at its finest. Guess I need to invest in some CDs.

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

sorry your worn out z. A lazy dog would probably be a better choice. Training is more of a chore than it seems. I waited quite a while after chemo and rads to get Toby and then as soon as I did, I panicked thinking what the hell did I just do? This is too much to take care of something else. But luckily between bond and Reggie, and what training he already had, it has turned out ok. You have a lot on your plate already!  

Glad you got treats at Dillard's. Sound svery nice. And yes pinktober is here. Te television is awash with komen. I dread going to the grocery store and being asked for a donation. I've been wearing scarves instead of wigs since I look like total hell, so maybe they will skip asking me this year. I hope so because with the roid rage I've been having, who knows what i would say. I've had a bunch if people "walking for me" that I don't know well or know at all. I don't mind that. It is nice of them. I just don't want to see any of it or be involved.  Just can't handle the misinfo nonsense. Ibad enough that People still asking me how many more chemo treatments I have. Blah. 

Pandora One $5/month = no commercials. 

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Hi girls! back from the makeover, beauty day! It was a roaring success! I have just posted a couple of pics on the other thread. Can you see over there? If not, I will re post here.

I did 2 natural makeovers and everyone loved the results. Everyone really got into the spirit of it and played with all the colors. asked lots of makeup tip, questions and then a big group of us went out for lunch afterwards. It was well worth all the work!

Dawny. you would have been so welcome, I am sorry I didn't make the offer, I just didn't think of it, being so far from you

Zills that spa at Dillards sounds fantastic. I would take advantage of the offer, sounds fun.

I would go for the lazy dog too!

Hey Bobo, the eye was on display, I needed my prescription lens, to do makeup and the transition lens goes clear inside, so it freaked a few people out!

DP glad to hear you made it through a whole show and got a good long snooze in too! M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

that sounds just awesome m. Of course we knew it would be. Was it a big turnout or did you end up with loads leftover? 

Will hop over to see the pics. Then I'm going back to sleep. Hope everyone has a good day full of fun things. 

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Hi DP, there were 17 ladies, out of the 22 or so members and 2 are away having treatment in the city. There was 1 new lady who came for the first time, so a really great turn out.

I do have heaps left over, but I have made a huge basket. we will raffle at the Expo we are going to next Sunday and I have given a lot away to other Cancer fundraisers. Next week I will drop off a load to our Breast Care Nurse,, who will pass it on to another BC group for a fundraiser, so it has been a great, far reaching gift. 

Sleep well! M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

how awesome that it will reach so many. What a great gift. *ducks to avoid cloud of fairy dust*

:-)

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited October 2014

That is just awesome Ariom, how nice that it helps so many... you did a good thing! as Martha Stewart would say. love the pics.

Zills, hope you find the right dog, I love them but just dont want one anymore, want to be able to leave anytime and not wonder where or what to do with him. but do love their unconditional love!

Hi DP, hope you are feeling better.

• bobogirl
    edited October 2014

M, what a great deed you did!  I don't see the red eye at all in the picture.  Only if you look very closely.  I almost have to imagine I see it.  How is it feeling?  

ND, agree about dogs -- unconditional love is the best!  Z, it is true it's extra work, but I think bobo gives so much in return.  Speaking of whom, it is raining here and guess who is pouting because he cannot have a walk?

How are you doing, DP?  XXX

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2014

Bobo, it's raining on you now? Ugh!!! I guess I'll get it in a few hours.. 

We've had dogs since forever.  Major travel ISNT in our future.  If I can't drive and take the dogs, I'm not going.  But they are little, and that makes a difference with hotels and such.

Z, I'm a bit confused. Why are you wanting a dog? For the kids? Protection? Just because?

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

Never went back to sleep. Got a little burst if energy a few minutes ago and put out some Halloween decorations. I have bond a giant collection if pumpkins that stay in the huge built in display case in the bedroom (I think it used to be a family or game room). So it's more like I just moved some stuff from the back if the house to the front.

I bought a cake pop maker at the thrift store last night bcuz it was $3 and seemed interesting. Trying to figure out what to do with it. Reading online it seems way more complicated than I thought it would be. Anyone made them before?

Back on the couch for now. 

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

My mail lady stops by my door to bring me my mail. She is so sweet, checking up on me. Ava is thrilled to see her, all wiggly and wagging her tail. When door is opened to receive mail, she sneaks out and runs to truck. She knows that mail lady keeps the dog cookies there. She is going right to the source. hahahahaha.  Ava is an endless source of amusement.  I know I would be lost w/o her.  (sometimes she is a pain in the @ss but I still love her)

Never made cake pops, Not sure what they are.

Success with prune juice/apple juice combo!  FInally!!! 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2014

Starbucks has the cake pops, outrageous price though.  Sooooo good! And I love them!

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Hi again, I haven't made pop cakes either. 

OOOh Ava likes your Mail delivery person too! Dex loves Barry so much, he will sometimes roll over and pee on himself! That's Dex not Barry! 

Hi DP, sorry you didn't get another sleep in, maybe a snooze on the couch later?

We have a great kennel that Dex actually enjoys going to. They come and pick him up and drop him off, if we need them to. They say they put Dex in with the other dogs who are a pining for home and he runs them ragged, because he just plays all day. John the owner says he will go to check in the evening and he will find them all snuggled together and asleep. 

Poor Bobo, the dog, can't go out. Dex doesn't like to get his feet wet, so we have no issue about walking when it is raining.

My eye is good thank you Bobo, no real ache in it today, so it is on the mend, will be a yucky yellow soon.

Hi ndgirl, waving to you, any trips across the border planned? I so want to do that with you!

Lovely day here, so should gt organized...chat later..M x

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

DP: is your cake pop maker the electric kind (cooks batter into ball shape) or the kind for pressing the cooked cake(crumbled and mixed with frosting)into ball-shape? Clear as mud, sorry.

Check out bakerella.com for lots of great cake pop ideas.

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

thanks for the website cousin Andrea. It is the electiric kind called babycakes. I remember kohls selling a ton of them online last Xmas. See them at the thrift store all the time along with all those red quesadilla makers. Lol. Figured it could make any kind if little bite size treat. 

Yay for poop glennie. Damn we get awfully excited about poop around here. I think that's the second time I have yayed for poop this week. Lmao. Do you like prune juice? I can't stomach it. But I actually like the individually wrapped prunes called sweet ones.  I found if I eat three or four of those every other day, it does the trick. 

It's sweet that you girls have such nice mail people. I generally have a different one all the time and they always screw up the mail. And they are all scared of dogs it seems. Or big black dogs anyway. A mail person with dog cookies on board, awesome!

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

You're welcome, cuz.  :)

I have that machine, and I got one for my daughter who uses hers often. Super easy to use. The hardest part is dipping the cake balls into the candy melts. 

One year I made Star Wars Storm Troopers cake pops for my son's school party. I have become increasingly lazy of late and haven't even made the kids birthday cakes.

That is so funny about the quesadilla makers. I always see them at thrift stores too. I finally got one, and you know what? I love it! Beats the heck out of trying to flip the quesadilla on a frying pan!!

According to my friend I am a "Gadget Whore" ....she's right! Lol.

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

I don't love prune juice but mixed it with apple juice and that helped.  I drank a HUGE glass **was feeling desperate** and pooped my brains out last night.   Good to know this stuff really works.  Grandma was a big believer in it.

My regular mail person is a real animal lover. She feeds a feral cat colony, runs into the middle of traffic to save a stray dog, things like that. She picks up strays and drives around with them in the mail truck, while calling the number on tag.  One of her subs is ok with dogs,, most of the others are afraid of sweet Ava.   And actually she told me that mail regulations state that they are not supposed to pet dogs, etc. One time she had an inspector with her, and a little Yorkie escaped from his home and ran towards busy street. Owner was disabled, couldn't run after dog, so she ran and caught dog. Inspector said: you aren't supposed to touch the dogs.  And she replied:  What was I to do? Let it get run over??    Inspector didn't say anything after that.