Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited October 2014

sending kick ass thoughts your way DP!!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited October 2014

Me too DP.

Bobo, how did your pre-op appt go?  All set?

Love your guinea pig, Andrea.  I will have to post a pic of our two, Nibbles and scratch.

All of those storm pics are terrifying!

I am very excited as I am having a Thermomix demo tomorrow!  Yay!  They are insanely expensive, but I think I will get one.  It sounds right to, and as I am lacking useful kitchen gadgets, I am not double up on things.  With a terminal diagnosis, I can cash in my superannuation, so I will use that.  I deserve it!  I sound like I am trying to convince myself that it is ok, don't I?  Lol   xxx

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited October 2014

Hi Dawny! I know a few women who have Thermomix and swear by it as the best thing ever. I hope you have a good demo! M x

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited October 2014

Hi Dawny:   report in on the Thermomix!  Looking forward to hearing what you think of it. 

And guinea pigs pics too!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited October 2014

Hi Dawny!  ***waving***

I third the recommendation that you should have a Thermomix.  Is that like a Vitamix?  Treat yourself!

My PS appt was not that good.  Go on new and future flat sister for full explanation!

Hi DP!  How are you feeling?  How is the fucking ixempra? XXXX

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited October 2014

dawny I keep having that same conversation with myself about the $500 vitamix. Lol. On one hand don't want to spend the money now that in unemployed. In the other hand, I'm terminal so what the hell?  Ha go for it. 

Andrea that video was precious. 

Not sure what is kicking my butt now because I started the xeloda again yesterday. I really hope this shit is working cuz this is not any fun AT ALL.  Cancelled lunch plans today in favor of being a vegetable on the couch. I don't have any appetite anyway. I'll spare you the rest of the wretched SEs. 

The Ebola guy died. I find the way they are talking about it on tv very disrespectful. I know people are freaked out but geez, have some respect for the dead and for his family.  "His hospital room has been sanitized by a hazmat team".  "Hazmat has been sent to everywhere he breathed!' The Doctors is doing a special Ebola show today. To be fair, Probably if I didn't have cancer, I would care more about Ebola. Lol

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

sorry your appt didn't go well bobo. Hope you get that reading time in. 

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited October 2014

You are so sweet DP!  **waving**

I am about to watch Isaac.  I taped it.  What do you think of BBs new makeup man?  I am deep into the Bobbi Brown right now.  I had, like, no makeup.

How are you feeling now?  Anything sounding good to you at the moment? XXX

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

DP:  sorry for wretched SE's.  Sucks. Anything sound good?  Soup, chocolate?

People are all freaked out about the Ebola, but it's not as easy to catch as people think,,, those same freaked out people probably won't get a flu shot, and there is a much GREATER chance of them getting the flu than Ebola.

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

have slept most of the day. Stomach not happy. Was going to order Chinese for lunch but then I saw they only deliver from 5-9pm. Bond is going to go for me later. Ate some crackers with laughing cow meanwhile because my stomach was growling. Greasy seems to be the only thing I can manage right now. Had jack in the box tacos last night.  Thinking chicken lo mein for dinner. 

Enough about my tummy. What's going in in the world?  Hope z is ok, maybe she is without power still? Sure hope not. 

Catching up on that show the leftovers today. What a weird ass show. One episode left and I STILL don't know what's going on. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

oh yea glennie, they were saying on tv the other day that your chances of dying from the flu are higher than contracting Ebola. 

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Chicken lo mein sounds good.  I went out to lunch today with my co-workers.  We call ourselves the "homies" since we work from home.  **haha**  Went to an Asian fusion place here called Taste.  Really good food, quite fresh.  Had salmon fried rice. Huge plate, brought half home for dinner.

Gearing up for elections around here. Gotta vote for a new governor. We need badly to get rid of this one. He's awful.  And Medical marijuana is on the ballot! Finally!  Really hoping it passes.

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

DP, sorry you're having such a shitful time! Buy the Vitamix! I am sure there will be stuff you can make in a few minutes that will work for you and give you a blast of dense nutrition at the same time! The Thermomix that Dawny is having demoed is a couple of thousand dollars and does everything, not the same a s the Vitamix.

All this Ebola shit reminds me of the whole Aids hysteria. I know it is a serious thing, but taking it to the nth degree in the media doesn't so any good for anyone. I hate the bloody media!

DP you just took me back, my Mother loved Laughing Cow and it was always in my school lunchbox, not one of my real favorites, but I would eat it to please her.

Bobo is into Bobbi Brown, I have gone nuts for Eve Pearl, just had another load delivered last week. They had a sale of my favorite things in the range, for super prices, on Ozsale. I love, love, love, this reverse contouring thing with the 2 colors. Between this makeup and the Lily Herbceuticals skincare I am using, I am a happy girl, just need to book in for another Microdermabrasion....bahahahah, I can hear Bobo shrieking, nooooooo, at me from here! I am losing weight, one sliver of facial exfoliation, at a time.  LOL

Lovely day here today, may go into town and prowl through Aldi. Colin has a Model Boat Club lunch today, for the opening of the season.  So I have the house to myself, may just stay in and be a slob for the day! I have the expo tomorrow at the community center. Have to sell raffle tickets and tell people about our BC support group. I am taking a chair with me, my feet won't manage the 2 hours, standing in one spot. The big Farmer's Market is on too, so I will have to get there early for the organic produce for the Vitamix and then go to the Expo.

Busy, busy, everyone told me I wouldn't cope with retirement, that it would be too quiet for me, lol, I don't know how I had time to go to work! Love you all....M x

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited October 2014

I only lost power off and on. Just in a foul mood. Have come to the I hate cancer stage. I'm mad and frustrated. Kids not listening. Up in the middle of the night. 

Boy on fall break. Wanted to do fun stuff. Tired. Going to visit cousins. 5+ hours on sat and repeat on sun since DH has to work. 

I have no idea where my day goes. Can't seem to get anything accomplished. House a wreck, behind in paperwork, don't exercise. Skipped thriller rehearsal since I didn't feel good. 

See MO this week. Don't know why. Maybe it's just anxiety or full moon.  He's going to fuss because I won't take neurotin. Screw him. It's my body. I'd. much rather talk to my radiologist. 

X for bedtime snack. No didn't take any after tornado. Self medicated with hot-from-oven chocolate chip cookies:) pillsbury. 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2014

Why not take Neurontin? Not narcotics, non addictive, can really help with pain.

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

They tell you it is not addictive,, however, your body gets physically dependent on it,,,, not psychologically addicted,,, so if you want to go off of it,, you will go into withdrawal symptoms if you don't taper off.  And many doctors forget to mention that.  Lyrica is the same way.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited October 2014

I think we all need a little fairy dust from the Devine Miss M.   :)   

I think it is a full moon out there... DD commented on how beautiful it was this morning on the way to school.  So dark in the morning...doesn't seem right.  I miss summer!  At least the wasps have died down to just a few because of the cold (we had frost this morning).  Saw one on the cement today.. he was looking dazed and confused.  I think I could hear him saying "where's my queen, where's my queen?"  Or maybe it was "honey, I'm home".  oh that was a bad pun.. and I know.. they are wasps, and wasps don't make honey.  I am a wasp expert now.

DP you eat all the greasy food you want, if that's what appeals to you!   Daughter and I went to Applebee's tonight after school. We always get the sampler platter.. there's some grease for ya.. but it was fresh grease!  I love doing that on a Friday.. we go early and just about have the place to ourselves.  She was just a chatterbox today and we had so much fun.  I love hearing all her stories from school.  I hope she remembers some of this when she's older.  I used to pick her up every Friday for lunch when she was in pre-school and early elementary.  I even packed a picnic lunch a few times.  She 'vaguely' remembers one picnic .. the rest.. nothing.   lol 

I hope everyone has a better day or night.. whichever the case may be.  I have a tooth hurting and am praying the thing doesn't absess.  Been there, done that.. one too many times in my life.  In my next life I am demanding good teeth and hair damn it.   And no f*ing cancer for any of us.  

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Frost??  WTH?? Too early for that,, but at least the wasps are going away.

Good hair and teeth, and no cancer.  Excellent demands!  I do hope you do not have an abscess.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited October 2014

DP, If grease sounds good, send Bond for chili con queso. It's my favorite form of grease. DH had bypass surgery at 49. The doctors were baffled because he was thin and fit. I really wanted to tell them his recipe for chili con queso. He was quite overweight late 20's and early 30's, so that was probably it.

PRB, Yes sending healing thoughts to your tooth.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited October 2014

I feel bad for the Ebola victim, Duncan. He was helping a pregnant woman in Africa  who was refused help at the hospital. She must have been so frightened. I wish Duncan could have been saved.

More concerned about this Enterovorus 68 that is causing polio-like symptoms. So many children are coming down with it. I hope they find a vaccine soon.

And while they are at it a cancer vaccine would be appreciated!!!!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited October 2014

neurotin is to make me sleep. Not pain. 

Not ready for frost. Still want to plant fall flowers. In my spare time:)

Not up on any news. 

Hope tooth is better. 

Whatever sounds good DP. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

hugs z. Cancer sucks a big one. They prescribed me neurontin for hot flashes back in the day. I refused to take it too. Along with the ambien and Celebrex, so I may not be a good example. 

Good teeth hair, no cancer, and good skin?  Too greedy?  Sorry your tooth hurts. 

I've never tried Bobbi brown. I do like watching those presentations though. Have not seen te new guy. Started on Laura Gellar before I got frugal. Like it a lot. There is an It Cosmetics TSV coming up and I'm verrrry tempted. It's over $100 savings. But I will be good. 

Andrea I agree about the other disease. Scary. 

The Chinese was awful. It was first and last time trying that place. Managed to eat enough rice to take my pills.  Queso is my very favorite. Craved it constantly during AC. wondering if it is possible to eat Mexican for every meal. Tried PB&J for breakfast with a glass of milk. Was able to do most of it. 

Trying to imagine M being bored. Hahaha!! 

Hope everyone is having a nice fall day. 

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited October 2014

Hi All! *waving*. How are you doing this afternoon DP?   

I take neurotin at night for neuropathy in my feet.  It put me to sleep when I first started taking it. Now I stay up until 2 am.  So I guess my body is addicted to it.  too bad it doesn't give me a "pleasant feeling". My state of extreme hotness is much better now that I take the Effexor.  I can't say it has done anything else.  No mood change or feeling of well being. I guess that one is a bitch to come off of as well.  

DH informed me of a new study that suggests a correlation between low vitamin D and Alzheimer's. I informed him that is why I take 50k units a week! lol not going to believe my forgetfulness is anything more than chemo brain!  

Wish I could get some good Mexican or Chinese to eat!  The city (9 square miles) I live in is in the middle of no where and restaurants are mostly fast food!  Since DH won't cook I lived on that throughout chemo.  Loved that grease!  Eat whatever sounds good, DP.  If it doesn't work let Bond finish it for you!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  My fingers are finished so I guess I am too!

Sending gentle hugs and lots of love! S

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

SGC:  how much Effexor do you take?  These hot flashes at night are really annoying!!!  I can manage during the day, but being awakened at night really sucks.  I must research some solutions.

Bummer on no Mexican or Chinese in town.  That stinks.

Hi DP:  hope you get some queso tonight. 

**waving to all **

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited October 2014

Glennie: I take 75mg a day. I have had to play with when I take it because it made me sleepy. Now that my body has adjusted, I think it stops the sleepy SE from the neurotin!  But I do not have any hot flashes or feeling hot at all! Wonder drug!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2014

I took the lowest effexor, 37.5? for a few months in summer. I thought it helped, but how can you really know in Florida.  Then I switched to TEVA brand anastrozolo? By by hot flashes.  Maybe 2 a week.

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

no Mexican food? That is criminal!  For fast food taco bueno is best. Or taco cabana but you probably don't have that there. 

I am so tired of this already. My head has pressure and throbbing in and off which scares me. Then all these SEs constantly. I dread taking these pills each day now. I am counting down the days. 7 more to go now. I can't do this long term though. It's no way to live. I'm too tired to get off the stupid couch. But these are the drugs that are supposed to help the brain. Ho hum

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

I know it's an old tip but when I was in my hit flash stage, which was all summer long last year, I kept those little gel ball ice packs in the freezer. They don't get as cold as the other kind. I would get them in the middle if the night and put on my chest and forehead. It made a world if difference. 

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Hi Ladies! Had a good day today at the Expo, sold lots of raffle tickets and had a few women approach to find out about our group. I met some interesting people and made a contact to sell my beaded Sun catchers at the local craft shop, so had to dash home and make 6 of them to put forward at the quality control meeting they are having tomorrow. I found a supplier here in Aus for really lovely 40mm lead crystal drops, so I bought a couple of big boxes of them, which had been part of a bulk order of 500 purchased for the opening of a resort, which was cancelled, so her loss was my gain.  

DP, I am so sorry to hear what a rough time you're having with the drugs and the fatigue. How is Bond doing now? I think of you two often. M x

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Morning all. 

DP: we don't have either of those fast food taco places here. Wish we did. We have some OK Mexican, but not great.

Damn SE's!  Sucks that you have them.  Thinking of you and Bond.

Slept until 5AM, then woke with major hot flash,, but at least I slept until 5.  Put on the fan,, that helped. Went back to sleep until 7, ,then woke with another one.  Decided to get up.

M: exciting news about the suncatchers.  Keep us posted.  Are there pics??