Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited October 2014

Lots of pine needles and pinecones down at farm. Clear road into town. Town got hit. Didn't see any hail damage to car. Even if I did, hate to make another claim. Had hail damage two years ago. 

Must sleep while kids are and it's calm outside. 

Nighty night. 

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited October 2014

OMG,,, that's so scary!  Be safe!!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited October 2014

oh Zills that is horrible! I am so scared of tornados , glad you and kids are safe! Hopefully sleeping now. Take care! 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited October 2014

Yikes! That's way closer than I ever want to be. Thank goodness for the basement. I grew up in Oklahoma and I think our town had 2 basements, both in churches.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited October 2014

OMG, Zills, how scary is that! I hope everyone is ok! M x

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited October 2014

How frightening! My daughter and her kids  had to sit in her dugout basement for several hours last time they had a tornado warning. They all sat on planks of wood in a muddy, dark basement. But at least they had a basement!!

I hope that is the last twister for you all season!!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited October 2014

Oh Zills, that looks awful.  Has it passed now.  How frightening. You don't have a t.v?

Is bisquik, pancake mix?

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited October 2014

There were waves of them last night. Tornado season is usually April. No basement at home, only a crawl space. 

No tv. It broke. Boy was learning to read and we were gone for the summer. Can't decide if getting another one or not. I miss it at night and lunchtime. 

Bisquick is more versatile than pancake mix. Can be used to make dumplings, biscuits, etc.  

Here's a link to a video of the storm. It's something else. 

http://youtu.be/-gcR5YiaRJU

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2014

I don't have TV either. Don't miss it a bit. DH is hooked up to an old fashion antenna in his man cave no cable.

ZILLS, what a clip! I remember Xenia in the 70s. And some other big stuff coming in, huddling in the basement with DD and my dog.  The important things!

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited October 2014

Wow.. awesome pictures Zills.  Glad you and the family are ok.  I can't imagine being in that situation where you actually see a tornado within striking distance!  Did you take some Xanax after that one?  Maybe a couple?   

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Tornados freak me out. I'd rather live in hurricane land,,, as least you have plenty of notice if they are heading your way or not.

Glad you are all OK.  I don't watch much TV either. Its easy to get sucked into too many shows. I'd rather read.

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Found on another thread:

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited October 2014

that's a great one glennie. 

Hoping z has power again.  Weather in general seems out of control the last few years. Kinda scary. 

Halfway through my ixempra infusion. Been here since 8:45 this morning.  Dr was running 2 hours behind. Then I has to get an xray of my femur due to suspicious spot on my "clear" bone scan. I think total infusion time is 5.5 hours. I've been sleeping for about an hour. I have never been able to sleep during an infusion, even when I wanted to. I was able to talk them out of giving me decadron as a premed. So far, so good. Dr reduced ixempra dose. She thinks the skin stuff is a reaction to ixempra. I don't agree. Says lower does is just as effective. If tht is true, why do they give higher doses???  She also changed my xeloda to ten days on, seven off. Which is why I ended up doing the first time when I couldn't take any more. Oh yes, we are PRACTICING medicine down here!  

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Was the Xray ok?

Practicing medicine is right,,,,geeeez

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited October 2014

Hi DP ** waving** Practice is right!  I hope you get more relief from this new schedule, though.  Fewer SEs.

Do you like your Dr?  I am hoping you do.  I want you to have a Dr who is super-responsive and smart who you can trust.

Give Bond a kiss from me! XXX

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

So, the guinea pig was supposed to be for my son...but Patches is so cute, I end up playing with him all the time. And he loves the dogs ...go figure!

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

he is cute!! Can't believe he likes the dogs,,, you think he would be afraid?

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

You are right, the weather has been all out of whack the last few years. What the heck!! I hate tornados too! I can't imagine being a storm chaser.

And I confess I would be lost without my Fall lineup of tv shows!!

DP I hope you have a really restful night .

Take care,

Andrea

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

I thought so too Glennie. But he loves it when they come up to his cage. He sticks his nose out of the cage and sniffs them and give happy Peeps. He even sneaks treats to one of the dogs. Seriously!! I video taped it but it is too big to load on here.

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

that is hysterical!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

what a little fur ball. So cute. What do the dogs think of him?  So smart sneaking them treats. Wow!

Ixempra with no steroids = holy shit. 

Not good at all. And I start the wretched xeloda in the morning. Ugh

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

I can email you the video if you want to pm me your email. It is really funny!

The dogs were curious at first. Now they like to stick their little noses up against the cage, or lay down beside the cage. Since Guinea pigs are social animals he really should have a buddy in the cage with him. But for now he has two outside the cage.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited October 2014

We had 2 guinea pigs when the kids were little. They had the same fur with all the cowlicks. They were called Ruffles and Ridges after the potato chips.

Tornados are frightening, but they're over quick and you've either been blown away or not. The only hurricane I've been in lasted for days. Sat out in the gulf for 5 days getting bigger before it hit. Now I live in earthquake country and they're scary too. I watched our living room wall go up and down in waves thinking 'walls can't do that' but 'it is doing it'.

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Hello Ladies, I am running late today. Managed to read this morning, but had to run out the door early.

That little guy is so cute and giving treats to the dog is fantastic!

DP, I hope all turned out ok without the steroids!

Those extreme weather things, scare the pants off me. Colin sailed in the Worlds, in Italy. with water spouts swirling into the sky and lightning, lighting up the sky. I couldn't believe they were competing in those conditions, I just kept saying "Those masts are made of aluminum, should they be out there?" The judges had just finished at the last Olympics and said they doubted that able bodied sailors would have competed. All these disabled guys were adrenalin junkies before their accidents, so I guess they never got over it! M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

yea, they are hanging out waiting for treats lol. 

Wren that sounds scary too, walls doing what they shouldn't do. Weather is just scary.  In Hawaii, I was in awe that there are still things washing up from the tsunami in Japan five years ago. There is one whole beach full of colored plastic bits  that the ocean has broken into tiny pieces. School kids are collecting it up to make a mural. 

M what a fantastical picture your description if Colin competing brings to mind. A bit like the storm scene in forest gump is what I'm picturing. 

Omgosh. This ixempra kicking my butt tonight. I've never experienced this with chemo. Even AC which they said would be bad, was not that bad for me. These drugs are something truly awful. But reading about other people who are in the xeloda, they seem just fine. Don't find many ladies here on the ixempra though. 

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited October 2014

Sending healing thoughts, hugs, and love DP!

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Hi DP, sorry to hear that shit was kicking your butt. I sure hope you had a rest and it got better. What is the plan with this one? I am not au fait with these chemo drugs at all, sorry to be so naive.

Hi Sgc!

I have another busy day today! Out early, but hopefully will get a chance to read in the garden for an hour later!

Hi Wren I had to laugh when I read your post and saw the names of your little guinea pigs. I thought, that's not like Wren, I might be the one, who would name something after Hotels! I thought is was Raffles and Rydges at first glance! LOL Your names are a perfect description!!!

Andrea, I love the connection those animals are making. I love the YouTube videos of animals doing unusual things like yours do. M x

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited October 2014

Fucking ixempra!  @%!*#U$!  DP, sending you all my good thoughts.  And sending you gentle hugs.  I love that guinea pig story, Andrea!

XXXXX

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

I am with you Bobo, fucking ixempra! M x

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

Thanks Bobo!