Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited October 2014

Awwww, I want to hug them!

I met Clinton when he was out here, well after he was President and I have to say he really was a very charismatic man! Uh huh! lol M x

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited October 2014

Your grandchildren are HILLARY Clinton Democrats!  LOL

It looks like our princess is not the only man crazy one!

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Ooooops. lol I cannot tell a lie, I didn't want to like him!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2014

RUN HILLARY RUN!!!!!!!!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited October 2014

ooh bobo, they are so adorable!  And there you are too!  And DLLP!  Fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us!  Love to see into all of your lives, secret stalker here.  

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited October 2014

Cuteness alert!!  And matching shirts too!!

I know someone else who met Clinton and she, too, said he was very charismatic. 

• dawny
    edited October 2014

DP, I hope you have your ear problem sorted, and are feeling ok.

Andrea, your shoes area amazing, do you just paint straight onto the shoe?

Thermomix report:  Awesome.  Loved it, can do so many things, so easily.  Mushroom risotto was easy Peary, and delicious, DD loved the mango sorbet, it took all of 30 seconds to make.  Mango, ice and banana, no additives, Is crazily priced, but I have ordered one.  Bad news is because new model is out, worldwide demand means a wait of approx eight weeks.  I want it now!  We had five courses, and lots of champagne and chatter, great afternoon.

Bobo, how recent are the photos?  Xx

• dawny
    edited October 2014

Hi Glennie, waving Betty arms!

• dawny
    edited October 2014

Here is my furry friend, Paddy.  It is cold here today, he has a blankie.    Sorry it is so big, I dont know how to fix the size.  Xx

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Dawny:  I LOVE Paddy!  he is just adorable!!

Happy that you like the Thermomix!  I hope you will be able to get one soon.  Can't you get last year's model quicker?  and Cheaper???  **fingers crossed**

• spookiesmom
    edited October 2014

Awwwww he's a sleepy baby. What kind is he?

• dawny
    edited October 2014

He is a Cavoodle, a mix of King Charles Cavalier and poodle.  We have him because he doesn't shed fur, DS and I have hay fever type allergies, I don't think we could have another breed.  He is very cute, when you have been out, he greets you at the door with one of his toys  or sometimes socks that he has stockpiled.  One day DD and I only went out the front to the letter box, and when we came back in the side gate, he was excited to see us, but didn't have a gift for us, so he panicked, looking around, grabbed a newly planted shrub and ripped it out of the ground to give to us.  DD and I thought it was hilarious and so cute, but DH wasn't so taken by it! Lol

• dawny
    edited October 2014

Here he is wearing a Tour de France bandana thing. DD loves to dress him up, but Paddy?  Not so much!

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited October 2014

oh there were lots of posts. I know I am going to order something. First and foremost:

Bill Clinton DID NOT have sex with ariom. Hehe

Sock monkey!  Adorable. And so are the babies. 

M's sun catchers are infused with fairy dust. 

Did I hear a rumor that z can belly dance or was that one of my psychotic steroid dreams?

Dawny that machine sounds great. I have only a few more days to decide in the vitamix. 

I'm a pretty good dr today. Ear infection confirmed. Prescribed an antibiotic and some ear drops (well they are actually eye drops but whatever). I get home and see the drops contain 50% dexamethadone. Seriously?  NP promises it's ok because it's only topical. Still have fever took Tylenol several hours ago and hasn't broken yet. They made me get a flu shot. Scared about that since you aren't supposed get one when you are sick or have fever, right?

Just one more thing. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

what a cute fuzz bucket dawny! And I love the story. That is precious!

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

no penguins glennie. When I feel better, perhaps I will write the manufacturer about this injustice to the hippo. 

PRB, those are lovely drawings. And your anyone can draw speech reminded me of those commercials in the late 80s where they would send you something to draw and then teach you stuff. I'm sure I'm screwing up their concept in my memory. But I think that the thing they showed you drawing in the commercial was a penguin. Lol. Dies anyone else know what in talking about?  Maybe it was like correspondence art school?

My ear hurts. Lol

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited October 2014

Poor DP. This crazy weather isn't helping your ear. Hope you get it cleared up fast and fever breaks. Are you going to get a break from chemo? 

Yes I did belly dance. Have two left feet and no rhythm. Boy doesn't either. Trying to learn Thriller so I can be a zombie. About 1000 do it a Halloween. Shuts downtown down.

Can tell I have lost my flexibility. Very hard to swish feet and do pelvic thrusts. I have the disjointed shuffle down pat:) thanks tamoxifen. 

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited October 2014

try running a blow dryer on your ear or laying a warm cloth on it. 

• dawny
    edited October 2014

Here he is wearing a Tour de France bandana thing. DD loves to dress him up, but Paddy?  Not so much!

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Dawny:  he is so cute. I love how he has to bring you something every time you come home.  I had a Lab like that. One time he brought in a squirrel that he had killed a couple days earlier (I had no idea) and buried,,, he dug it up just for me to bring to me and dump on the kitchen floor.  **look what I brought you, Mom**    It had maggots on it,, I screamed.

DP: glad you got antibiotic and drops. Don't worry about dexamethasone,, only topically, will help with swelling in ear from the infection.  And I remember that about art school.  There would be a picture,, and "you can draw this",  kind of ad. Can't remember if it was a penguin, though.  Can you take Motrin for fever?

Z:  can't wait to hear more about Thriller. 

M: confirm,,, you did or did not have sex with Bill Clinton?  Report in!

• spookiesmom
    edited October 2014

There is a cavadoodle who comes to the dog park.  He and Spookie are months apart in age.  As babies, they had the zoomies all the time.  Was so cute! Benjie is more apricot color. 

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited October 2014

Thank god we have two doctors in the family.  Dr. Z and Marcus Welby.   Dawny!  I love Paddy!  My heart is beating!  Those pictures are old -- the Clinton one was from the last time she ran!  That was when I was first diagnosed.  OMG.  I voted a week after the partial mx, the first surgery.

OOOOOooh, Dawny!  You have to wait eight weeks?  I don't know how you are going to do it.  Risotto?  I will need the recipe.  I cannot wait for your V stories!

DP, how is your ear?  I have been waiting to talk to you all day.  WTF??????? is happening with Lisa Robertson?  I don't really watch her, but, you know, she is THE MAN.  And now she is leaving after 20 years??? And she has had four life-threatening stalkers??  And, why has she never married????

I await your reply. :)

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited October 2014

Thank you everyone for your compliments. I paint freehand directly onto the shoes. I agree that anyone can be taught to draw. That was evident to me when I was at Disneyland and took the animation class with 50 other people. With in ten minutes of step by step instructions  we all had our own version of  a Disney character. Too much fun!

It really is more about visual perception. Just look at the details included in the young child's stick figures. I have worked with many young children whose drawings were not decipherable.  But this child saw fingers with knuckles. No surprise how she progressed. Impressive for a ten year old!!

Art is subjective though, and the most important part is the enjoyment a person gets from it.

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

Bobogirl, your family is beautiful!!

And I love the sock monkeys. I design and sells sock monkey patterns (crochet and knit) on etsy.com. 

I can't cook worth a lick! My kids disagree, until I tell them throwing a frozen pizza into the oven is Not cooking!! But I do bake.

Have to admit the Vitamix intrigues me...just can't afford it. 

We should all get tattoos!! What would you get? I think I would get something with Snoopy.

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Oh you girls, I wish I had a juicy story for you, but alas, no, I didn't have sex with Bill!

Hi DP, I hope your ear clears up real soon and you feel better. That could have been making you feel shitful for a while now.

Dawny, I knew you'd get the Thermomix, I am one who can't really wait for stuff either, I want it yesterday! I can't wait for updates. A few of us have the Vitamix and share recipes. I can't believe how much cheaper these things are overseas, we pay heaps more over here.

Your pup is gorgeous, I love the story about the plant, can imagine not well received by your husband!

DP, why do you have 3 days to decide? 

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

bobo wtf???  I had nji idea. I have been refraining from watching, especially Lisa's shows, to avoid temptation. Who else can do beauty?? Omg. I can easily see how she would attract the crazies. I think some women like her are too intimidating and unapproachable for the good guys. Or perhaps she is in te closet. I now must google about this upsetting news. 

My ear is hurting. I really wish I would sneeze and it would pop. Have you ever done that after getting off a plane? Hurts like hell for a second but such a relief.  Kinda scared of my fever. Took Tylenol at 4:30pm when it was over 101 again. It still has not come all the way down to normal and I can tell it is going up again. Have to stop drinking water long enough to take temp again. Tylenol is all I'm allowed to take due to bleeding risk from xeloda. 

Tired. Don't remember what else I wanted to respond to. Grrr. So hi everyone. Waving my still present bingo legs. Will catch up tomorrow hopefully. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

m, I only have the rest of the week because the fair will be over. They have a better deal than qvc. 

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

DP if you want to pop your ears you can hold close your lips, pinch your nose and blow! But you are right , it will probably hurt. Blow dryer always worked for me

Wonder what the fever is all about?  Hope you have a decent night's rest.

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

topical only my ass!  When was the last time I wa wide awake at 4am?! Grrr. Hopefully it is small enough doses that it won't jack with me too much. 

I tried that already Andrea. Didn't work. It's a real mess in there. About to put some more steroids in it!  Apparently fever is not going to get below 99.9. Woke up sweating and thought it would be down but no. Maybe I can get somethig done today with my steroid energy. 

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited October 2014

Glad you got something for the ears DP.  I would have told them to go fly a kite on the flu shot.  Hope it's a non-event for you.  Careful about the popping your ears open.  I have a flaky Eustachian tube and used to have to pop it open after exercising.  It's kind of an art in itself .. just be gentle, please.

Andrea, I loved the shoes.  So clever using canvas!  When I was in college in the dark ages, I took a creative painting class.  One of the students painted a sailboat scene and rubbed the paint into the canvas for the sail...gave it a very realistic look.  I think he also took a toothbrush and sprayed sand into the wave portion. 

Bobo -  great to see you and the family!  So cute...and the matching shirts are great. I love that you called out M about her having sex with Bill Clinton.  She can deny it all she wants.. we know our little M is just saying that so that Bill doesn't have another Monica Lewinsky on his hands.   He came to our campus when he was running for pres. the first time.  I have always been a fan and still have my "Clinton" yard signs.  Thinking they will be a collectable one day.  

Zills -  Wonder if we can post movie clips?  Would love to see your zombie or better yet your belly dancing.

OK off to work.  Going to tell my boss I want to work from home 1 hour a day so I can pick up DD after school.  Let's see how that goes.