Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited October 2014

DP, you are brilliant with the computer advice. And believe me, I need it!  **hopeless**  I wish you felt better.  I hate that you can't get comfortable and are finding new lumps.  WTF??

I texted Bobo.  She is resting, did not want coffee or anything. Kids in school, DLLP at work, so I hope she can get some rest.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited October 2014

still waiting for dad

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Poor boy. Does he sit there all day??  He really loves his dad.

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

he sleeps most of the day (Reggie taught him that). He jumps up there when I get up.  This picture is back when he was still "my" dog. 

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited October 2014

Very handsome dog! 

Here's a pic of my Lucky, this one's for you Bobo (note the sock monkey pet bed).

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

nd: that is beyond awful about your cousin! My heart aches for her and your family. Stem cell research needs more support. It seems to have so much promise in so many areas (including Parkinson's)

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

That sock monkey bed is adorable!  Lucky is a lucky dog!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited October 2014

Good morning all, so sorry Bobo and DP aren't feeling good today. DP, a new lump, WTF from me too!

Bobo, I am laughing, I know they can be rotten, but Grandmas see no wrong! LOL I used to have "out of bounds" bedroom, if I was really not well, when Bec was young. She knew she had to keep out and why. Give it a shot, they may surprise you. I always looked at it as, I was not going to be pleasant, if I was irritated, so I was best left alone to get better.

Loving the photos! Colin says Dex waits like that for me when I go out. I can see him as I walk to the front door. He sits on the top of the couch, so he can see out the window when I drive in. 

Andrea, that sock monkey bed is fantastic! The dog is so cute too!

We have a friend with MS and she has had Stem Cell treatments too. I used to look after a scientist who traveled with us who was a leader in stem cell research for emphysema. He was standing with me one morning before the flight left and he had a phone call. It was the Hospital where he'd done a transplant and they were calling to say the patient had just walked up a flight of stairs for the first time in a long time!  It's a great therapy, I hope it does great things for Nd's cousin too.

I was looking forward to a massage today, but just got a call from Mary to say she isn't well and doesn't want to risk me catching it. I may see if I can get an appointment at the beauty school instead!

Have a good evening everyone! M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

sock monkey bed adorable. And lucky puppy too. 

Cool story about the dr ariom. You know we don't do that here. My moms friend who visited from Australia last summer had leukemia and did the stem cell transplant. He is doing well so far. (Didn't want to tell that in response to nds cousin, but it is very interesting science). Don't you just love that "well my neighbors sisters cousin had breast cancer and she's fine now". Or my favorite, as told by my clueless ER triage nurse one night.  "A lady who used to work here had breast cancer. She died."  Bwahahahaha. Anyhow, I'm glad you guys are ahead of us on that research front and that it kicks butt fr nds cousin. 

Have you guys heard about the dog we have in quarantine for Ebola?  It is the first  sick nurses dog. What does it say about us that we are more concerned about the dog than the people? Myself included. We are a city of bad terrible people. Hang in there Bentley!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited October 2014

trial run at zombie makeup with products at home. Powder in hair not working too well. Kids had fun with the powder, lip gloss and eyebrow pencil. Toilet paper for dead skin not sticking to desitin on face. Of course all depends on foot! 

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

OMG! I thought you'd had an accident! LOL

Look at that little cutie peeking in and the boy! How can you say she's rotten? Hahah

I hoe your foot feels better and you can do it!

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

Zombie Z:  hope foot feels better and you can go!  Kids are so adorable!!!

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

Zills: good job. Zombies creep me out (and now clowns do since seeing the one in American Horror Story...Twisty, I believe)

Anyway, my 13 year old DD watched Walking Dead and played around with her makeup to look like a zombie. The part that creeped me out was the dark all around the eyes. She used grey eye shadow I believe...My  grey eyeshadow now that I think about it!!!

Your kids are soo cute!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

very scary!  Try a paste of flour and water for your hair. Hope foot cooperates. 

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited October 2014

Zills, those kids are adorable!! Ha, had to laugh with Ariom thinking you had an accident... love it. Thanks for the pics/

DP and Andrea... love those cuties.

Ariom, you have had the most interesting conversations with so many people.. I am very hopeful for the stem cells, but getting to that point is the problem. Wonder if Canada does things sooner than we do as far as treatments such as this. She is in hospital in Winnipeg.

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Hi ndgirl! I found working with the public was always interesting, but the job I had with United was magic. I was a First Class Concierge, so I looked after the passengers who flew in that First Class cabin from the moment they arrived at the airport, till I sat them in their seats on the aircraft and briefed the cabin crew who they were. That could mean spending really serious time, with this very small group of people. Sometimes, just 1 person would be flying in that cabin. They could be celebrities or Politicians and everything in between. The funny thing was, most didn't pay for that cabin themselves, it was usually a company or miles, that put them in there. lol

Don't think for a moment that there  aren't really interesting people traveling in all classes of an aircraft. It was just that I had lots of time to spend with these ones, when doing this job. I also helped to run the Red Carpet Club and had  a ball meeting fabulous people in there too. I also loved doing economy check in, when I got the chance, I loved everything about that job. Every day was different and you never knew what you'd have to do, on any given day, or who you'd meet. As you've probably noticed, I love to chat, so it wasn't a difficult job for me!

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

Ariom, I am so impressed by flight crew! I think they are so brave.

I would love to hear about your most terrifying flight, and interesting celebrities....if you're allowed to discuss them.

ND: I hope your niece gets great medical care in Canada. Winnipeg is a bigger city so it should have good medical centers. I don't know where they are in terms of stem cell treatment though. 

DP sorry about the new lump. I still feel like cancer treatment is like Wack-a-mole. You have so much going on right now. 

((Hugs))

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

DP: I feel your annoyance with medical insurance companies. We had great coverage then suddenly in July everything changed. Our co-pays doubled. That was bad enough but now I pay out of pocket for a chunk of the cost of diagnostics. Just got a $97 bill for my bone density scan. I am worried how much my mammogram this week will cost me now!

Has anyone had to pay out of pocket for their Mammos? 

Damn cancer!!!

• Nash54
    Nash54 Member Posts: 699
    edited October 2014

Ariom...I noticed in your post that you get massages.  I've been getting them once a month for years.  Now that I've had a SNB...I'm wondering if it's safe to continue with my massages.  Any concerns with massage causing lymphedema?  I generally get deep tissue massages.  Thanks for any input.

• DeliriumPie
    edited October 2014

Andrea I paid out of pocket for my first mammo. It was around $250. 

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

Holy crap! DP. 

I guess I was spoilt with my healthcare in Canada. Didn't pay a cent out of pocket ever! For any testing, doctors visits, hospital stays, surgeries.....

• glennie19
    edited October 2014

I haven't had to pay for mammo's.  I have a $50 copay each time I get a breast MRI. Practically everything else has a copay too.  Not sure what will happen when I go for the 2nd opinion mammo next month.  Wondering if insurance will cover it or not.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited October 2014

Nash, My massage person asked me to always remind her that I had nodes out and on which side. I think she might use a lighter touch in that area.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited October 2014

oooh, there you are z!  Thanks for sharing photo of you and your gorgeous children.  I feel very " privileged"  to be shown personal photos of you ladies, your families and fur babies, so thank you!  Hope your foot is better zills.

Nd, I am so sorry for your cousin.  Stupid cancer!

DP, I hope you are feeling a bit better now.  WTH is with a new lump?  Love puppy waiting for Dad.

And Andrea, Lucky is adorable too, what breed is he?  The sock puppet bed is so darn cute!  Xx

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

thanks Dawny! Lucky is a Bichon/shitzu. He was the runt of the litter and "lucky" to be alive, I am told.

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Hi ladies, I a just going to bed, had a really busy day today and I am ready to sleep!

Hi and welcome Nash! I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have been having massages since I was Dx with that, back in '96. When I was going through the testing before my UMx, the massage therapist, who wasn't my usual therapist, because I had recently moved to a regional area, wanted to make sure my Doctor would allow massage, because they are trained not to massage people who have cancer.  I got the go ahead and she started to massage me, before I had my surgery and then we started again about a month after surgery. We have always been careful of my right arm which is my SNB side. She does myofascial release on my chest so I don't have any adhesions, but she doesn't do any of the lymph drainage massage on the right side. I haven't had any negative effects with massage, in fact it has been all positive for me.

• Ariom
    edited October 2014

Hi Andrea, I wasn't a flight attendant. I was ground crew in Australia. These passengers were with me till the flight took off. I did fly a lot for training and going to meetings etc.We had a training base in Hong Kong and another in Chicago, so I went to those quite often, then there were committees and stuff that I was on that I had to travel for. We are so far away from everything over here in Aus. I used to go to meetings in the US where they would expect me to turn around and return to Australia the following day!  I usually managed to have a couple of leave days attached to those, so I could sleep and do some shopping before coming all the way back. Depending on how many connections there were, the flights could easily take 20+ hours to the US. Fortunately, they would send us First Class on these trips, if there were seats available, so not only would you get a bed to sleep in, but if the other passengers were friendly, you could have a really interesting flight with great conversation.

I wasn't allowed to speak of our passengers, when we were working there, but I will say one of the most interesting people I have met, had to be Sir, "just call me Richard," Branson. Boss of Virgin and Virgin Records etc. I really liked him because he was so different from what I expected, in a good way! 

I've been on some really bad weather flights, where the turbulence was so bad the food and drink carts couldn't be brought out and the crew had to be seated for ages and people were throwing up everywhere. I think we've all been on some of those!

I am off to bed..take it easy, I'll catch you tomorrow! M x

• Nash54
    Nash54 Member Posts: 699
    edited October 2014

Thanks Wrenn44 and Ariom.  I've got my massage in the morning....guess I have to update my massage therapist.  I was hoping it would just be business as usual.  I guess I am still in denial that my life has changed since my diagnosis.  But I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.  I am no longer invincible.  LOL   I know I never was...but BC just confirmed it for me.

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

Welcome Nash. Our DX is similar (although it took three surgeries to get clean margins)  I have massages every month also, and have to inform new massage therapists to go light on left side. I am not sure how radiation will affect massage schedule tho.

• AndreaJ50
    edited October 2014

Zills and DP: how are you feeling today? I hope everyone had a good night's sleep.

M, my son-in-law used to work at airport fueling airplanes. I think it would be exciting working for an airline.