Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited November 2014

i found them on another thread,,, Bonfire of the Goddess, I think.  They have some funny stuff over there.

M: you holding up ok?  Dont' get yourself too exhausted!

Z:  glad you made it!! Driving in rain is no fun at all.  good for obtaining illegal chocolate.

No trick or treaters at my house tonight.  All the chocolate is for me.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Andrea, that is so funny!!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2014

Very few trick or treaters here tonight. We expected more, but rain began about 7:30 and put a damper on going house to house. DH loves to decorate the porch and house. He's never here so I get stuck handing out the candy while he goes to Trollween in a nearby neighborhood to play with the band. They have skeleton costumes and he wore the cap with the dagger going thru his head. He got an email from Apple today saying we can take leftover candy to an Apple store and they will buy it for $2.00 a pound and send it to our troops. Now we have to decide how much to keep for ourselves. He bought Snickers which I love, so this will be a difficult decision.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited November 2014

Hi Glennie, I'm good thank you, especially now I know exactly what's happening with Colin, but I have to admit, I am tired. It will be all good though. I think Colin will bounce back quickly and will be better, than he  has been for a while. M x

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Hello all.   Cold here this AM!  45 Degrees F.   Now I really don't know how to dress!  I'm cold and pull on clothes then I hot flash and have to take them off. This is nuts!!

No trick or treaters last night. Ava did not get to greet anyone. She did not pee in the office overnight either. YAY!! Only 2 more nights until she can get back on her med. *fingers crossed*

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2014

put on a Gator shirt and get out of town!

Yea Ava!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2014

So quiet today! I hope that means everyone is enjoying their weekend. Very chilly here with overcast skies. If it were a bit colder, the forecasted rain would be snow! I think all the Christmas commercials are putting me in a winter mood! For those that do, Don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight! S

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited November 2014

Hi DP!  Missing you.  I agree the Dicktors let it go too long.  I am mad at Dicktors.  And so it the Cystits Queen.  I am so glad you now know what is going on with Colin.

Hugs to you DP!  Are you still in hospital? XXXXX

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Working now and listening to the Gator game.   Hope it's better than last week's. 

**waving at everyone**

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited November 2014

I've just been sleeping all day like a bum. I wish I was still at the hospital because my head hurts and I would like the meds. Last night was terrible and I finally has the idea to take some medicine for sinus pressure. It helped. Ran fever last night, after having not in several days. Overall miserable. Ugh. 

No trick or treaters for Ava aww man. The weather looks lovely outside. Wish I could be out there. 

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

you are not a bum.  You are in pain.  No pain meds??  Are you still on antibiotics??  Do we need to bitch slap those Dicktors??

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2014

My purple cast

GO DAWGS

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited November 2014

Hi all, I am behind reading posts, but darn it DP, you need some meds, agreed, dickters wait too long, hope you get some relief soon!

Ariom, ouch for Colin, kidney stones and now waiting? Glad you know what is is tho, take care of yourself too, you have a heavy load right now.

We are at ds for Halloween and a early birthday party for GD , lots of fun and action yesterday, Dil had her party after school and before trick or treating! I thought she was crazy but hey it worked out great! A neighbor/friend came and air brushed painted their faces, they all had a blast, we had pizza, played a few games and ended with a chocolate fountain with fruit and pretzels and all were off to trick and treat! Whew quite a day but all done in one day. Dh and ds are at a football game and home tomorrow.

About my friend, I am going with her to Mayo Clinic Nov 11. She has a 7 ct mass in her abdomen and she wants to go there to find the answers, mind you this is the same lady that just lost her gs to suicide two months ago and her dh in a farm accident a few years back, how much does she need to endure?

I will be with her and her ds will come later if needed, he lost so much work when his son died and is torn to what to do. I feel so badly for her, I went to a dr appt last week with her and she asked me to come in with her so I did, they did a biopsy of uterus and she almost came off the table with pain and they didn't get enough so did it again with more pain, she still hasn't heard from it either, they said the end of week and nothing, why oh why can't they get back to us, the waiting is torture! 

Hello to everyone, I am making lasagna for the family so better run. Hope for a restful Sunday for all... Special hugs to DP! And Colin

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited November 2014

DP. Get some guafenisen better known as mucinex. Just the plain generic kind. Will loosen up that gunk. Drink lots with it. BG on it now. Liquid is nasty! 

ND. You are such a good friend. I'm sure he is torn but having you go makes it easier. 

How are the Colin's and M? 

Snow on the cars and roofs. Never even had frost yet. 

Cold rain for Halloween. Quit early. Still got way too much "contaminated" candy. Boy went to nursing home with school. Counted 100 pieces. Good math activity. 

Dog settling in. Fought with sisters little dog yesterday but doing better today. 

Going to put a dent in that "contaminated" candy and take one for the team. Listening to football on the "radio" and watch the only breeders cup race. Two days of racing and only one race televised. Sucks. 

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited November 2014

DP, hope you can get what dr z is recommending, relief is needed for you.  Sorry you are feeling so blah.

Hope the Colin's are doing ok M.  And you, remember I am standby if you need/want me to come up.  I can help out with whatever you you need, or we could just talk and eat! Lol  xxx

ND, I didn't realise your friend is the same one who lost her GS, and her DH, it is just too much.  Xxx

Spookiesmom, ouch!  Are you in pain, and are you left handed?

Zills, you have snow already?  That seemed to happen quickly.  I love sass afire, gorgeous.  I hope she is "your" doggy though.

Waving Betty legs to everyone!  Xxx

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Lovely cast, Spooks.  Great color choice.

Oh, ND,,, i can't believe this is same friend.  This is so hard for her and her son.  I am glad you are going with her. That will be a big comfort to her and to her son. Painful biopsy of uterus?? I am thinking Bobo would have a few choice words about that. Nothing for pain?? WTF with these dicktors???  Waiting is torture. They should have called, damn it.

Z: making big sacrifice for the kids with you eating the bad candy.  You are good mom.

DP: Dr Z is right again. Guaifensin will loosen up the gunk. Drink lots of water too.  Hope you are finding some relief.

Hi Dawny!!   Hi M!!  How is Colin today?  And the other Colin?  How is Dex??

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Gators win!   Ava uses lucky shirt as blanket. 

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2014

not dominate hand thank dog!

Ooopps! Methinks I crowed too soon! How embarrassing! 38-20.

• bobogirl
    edited November 2014

Hi DP!  You have no meds at all?  That is not right.  You should be holding.  Please advise.  It is ridonculous that you would be in any pain after the week you have had!

I am about to come over there and shake your PCP until he can't put two thoughts together.  I believe the Queen of Cystitis will accompany me.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

I have a hammer,,, I will bring it.  **can I take on plane?**

• bobogirl
    edited November 2014

I don't need a hammer to beat the shit out of that guy.  I am fed up with DP's primary Dicktor.  Someone needs to be looking after her whole person holistically.

I am taking a step back. I believe I will chant to Kali, goddess of destruction, for help here.  Because she can kick some serious ass.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

I just want to squeeze Ava. Still on antibiotics. No pain meds. Mucinex for sinus?  Fever again tonight. Took Tylenol and sweating it out now. So tired of laying around. Buzzing in my ear driving me mad. 

Ouch spookie!  

I too hope you are taking care of yourself m. Keeping the diktors in order and taking care of everyone else is a big job. 

Your such a good mom z. The sacrifices you make!  

Nd that is awful about your friend. I'm sure you are a huge support for her. That is too much for one person. I have a friend who has had tragedy and trauma around every corner. I began the saying, if it's going to happen, it's going to happen to Judy. 

Life isn't fair and all of this just sucks. But hey at least we have each other. 

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2014

Good choice Bobo!

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

I am short,, so it's helpful to have a weapon.    Chanting to Kali a better idea.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

likely the problem is that I don't have a pcp. "What had happened was..." I've never been sick a day in my life. My pcp/obgyn was an internist who I went to see once a year so she would give me birth control. I changed jobs in early 2012 and for the first time on my life didn't have insurance. So I put off the appt as long as I could until she would give me no more refills. I had a scheduled appt for my annual for a week after I found my lump. With all of that excitement I didn't keep the appt. Then I got approved for the breast cancer Medicaid and turns out snooty dr doesn't take Medicaid. So I couldn't justify paying cash to continue seeing her. And since cancer is the only thing that has ver been wrong with me, I didn't ever find a new one. I need to I know. 

I only have lightweight meds like Tylenol with codeine. Doubt they would work for something like this. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

there are very interesting shows in the weather channel. Who knew

• bobogirl
    edited November 2014

ND!  I am so sorry for your friend.  When I read about her biopsy, I jumped involuntarily.  By the love of all that is holy, angels, cherubim and seraphim.  I cannot believe these sadistic assholes.  I swear they will roast in a hell of their own making.  May they never encounter two moments of peace in a row as they perch on a bar stool purchased at Crate and Barrel and placed in their giant humming Stainless Steel kitchens.  Is your friend holding?  

What is all this about people not being given medications for procedures and extreme pain and discomfort?  Are we in the Middle Ages?  And this from me, someone who was off pain meds 48 hours after sx -- which is my choice.  And it's also my choice not to be sober and completely unmedicated for a uterine biopsy.  I am very shaken up, ND!  I am going to fly into Canada, walk down, and grab a large stick off the ground or a baseball bat and start taking names.  I would speak like this even if this thread were not locked.  Moderators, please have mercy on me.

• bobogirl
    edited November 2014

Okay.  We're all posting at same time.  DP.  I had those breast cancer health benefits once.  I lost my ins five times since my first dx.

You've got to take those breast cancer health benefits and find yourself a new PCP, stat.  Call your Breast Center and get a referral to someone good who other Survivors see.  You need an ace.  You might even get an internist (note I did not say 'intern' or 'fellow' or anything like that) who works out of the hospital.  Someone senior.

Finally, I feel we have cracked it!

• bobogirl
    edited November 2014

DP, you make me laugh.  'What had happen was...'

:)

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited November 2014

Dammit, what's happening out there with so much bad news. So many people sick and in pain and friends copping terrible times too. What's up with all this?

I am so sorry, for everyone facing all this shit. 

I knew Bobo would feel your friend's pain, ndgirl. What is it with no drugs. I think these doctors need to experience this pain, just so they know what they are subjecting women to.

DP, try the mucinex, I have used it for severe sinus infection and it does work. Just make sure you drink lots of water too. I am using new stuff I found called Xlear, it is a nasal spray with xylitol in the salt and grapeseed as the preservative. Who knew that xylitol was a good sinus bug killer? I don't know if you can use it with the perforated eardrum too, but worth investigating. Can't you guys, just get a new Doctor, go to a Clinic, or something? There must be a way, you can't keep suffering like this. I meant to ask, do we know why you have a perforated eardrum? or how it happened, is that a spontaneous thing? I know I have heard of it happening during flight, but you haven't flown since Hawaii have you? Don't tell me it happened way back then! I am ahead of myself now, it probably had nothing to do with Hawaii.

Dawny, you are so sweet to offer to help out. I am doing fine, but you know if you ever want a little break you're welcome here to hang out, talk, eat a lot and have some fun! lol

I have great news about my friend Colin, he saw his Dictor yesterday and they are no longer looking at Leukemia, I can't remember if I posted this, I have been relaying the message all over the place, so I may have. They are still going to perform a bone marrow biopsy, just to make sure, but they aren't expecting to find that. He is so thrilled to hear that, that he doesn't even care that they are going to drill his bones without anesthetic!  He had a bad day but was much better last night.

My Colin isn't feeling too great. They put him on a drug to soften the tubes that the stones a in and the drug is making him feel crappy. He has a nurse straining his urine for stones, great job, huh! I said I would buy her chocolates if she finds any!

I took Dex out for a big walk this morning and almost got blown away and it is freezing. This is the day for the foreshore market and there were only a few stalls there. It rained and blew a gale all night last night. I am going in to see Colin shortly. He wants Chilli sauce, because the food is too bland for him.

Will be back later..spookie, that's quite a cast, I hope it feels ok! Ava looks all tuckered out! M x