Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited November 2014

great new for friend Colin and no leukemia!!   Still think there should be drugs for drilling bone!

Your poor Colin!  I can't imagine what drug they are giving him to soften the tube.  Just hoping he passes the stone!! Tell him we are thinking of him! He is being very brave to put up with all this crap!

M: you holding up OK?  I worry. I don't want you to get over tired.  It's a lot to do!

Ava is having her post-dinner snooze.  She will send kisses when she wakes up.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited November 2014

aww Spookiesmom , I missed the post on your fall and now cast, so sorry,  the arimidex makes our bones more susceptible for fractures, I have never before worried about falling but do now.

Bobo, I thought of you while friend was going thru this and I asked if she couldn't be given something first and no I was the answer, she told friend it would be like the worst cramp or labor pain she had ever had or could imagine.. And it was, but shortly afterwards she was ok, I hated to witness it but glad they let me hold her hand.

Zills, you have snow already? Well it won't last for you like it will here, how was the candy? He he!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2014

ND, Your friend is lucky to have you to go with her to these appointments.

DP, I cannot believe you don't have something better than tylenol. WTF! Do they think you're a drug seeker who wants drugs badly enough to get breast cancer to get them? I guess there's a reason they just changed the law to make striking a health worker a felony. Even in pioneer times they gave people whisky for pain.

M, I hope Colin is feeling better soon. Good for you taking him the chili sauce. Hospital food is beyond bland.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited November 2014

Spookiesmom, sorry to hear about your arm; you would fit right in here with a purple cast..Go Ravens! Lol

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Andrea has a new piccie!!  Look at you!! Awesome!

That's right, Wren. Whiskey for pain.  One of the reasons people in this country drink is cuz they have pain and Dicktors refuse to treat it.  (there are other reasons too, I know,, but I have met plenty of people with this issue)   DP, I hope they give you MEDS!! 

And striking a health care worker is a felony?  Really?  

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited November 2014

and don't you know they told me not to drink too. Ha. I must google how you get a  perforated eardrum. Maybe from being infected so long? Or my paranoid thought, that the guy at the er did it while he was cleaning my ear. His behavior was very suspicious and odd. 

Like the new pic Andrea. I've been meaning to ask you of you had any more news on moving again?

Great news for friend Colin. Wish other Colin could get some relief and m could get some rest. 

Freezing here today. Ok not really but 50s is cold here. 

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited November 2014

Hi DP!  **waving**

Andrea, you look so pretty in your picture!  Not looking very pretty at the moment, I can tell you that.  

Well, if talking about striking a health-care worker was a felony, we would all be in jail right now!  But, Moderators, please have mercy on us.  We are helping our friend by facilitating catharsis.  It's one of the stories of the ages.  Did you know catharsis is a Greek word?  It's one of the more important words, in my opinion.

ND, the nurse said The worst cramp you have ever felt in your life?  Give me a break.  And also, F yourself, person who describes it as labor pains to your friend!  I have not had labor pains.  I am doubly insulted. And also, I believe they offer women the choice of medicating themselves liberally while they are in labor.  Interestingly enough.  It's ironic. And it's only because they want the poor pregnant women quiet.

Perhaps we should make more noise?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2014

MOM!!!!

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2014

DP

Is this yours?

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Excellent Joan Crawford Pic.   And DP,,, are those your spam tacos???   **we have a celebrity here**

I have not had labor pains either. So I would be insulted too. And you are right, they give MEDS to laboring women!! I am pharmacist and I know this for a FACT!! They get an EPIDURAL!!  And IV meds too. So F those health care "professionals" who say those things.  We should definitely make more noise.

Bobo; what is actual Greek meaning of catharsis?

Went to fall festival in next town. Weather is cool, but sunny and blue skies.  Bought two little paintings from a local artist.  **cannot paint but I can buy**

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited November 2014

if any of our healthcare workers have a little accident, we are all going to be in trouble. 

No those aren't my tacos. This is my sandwich. This years winner sounded gross. "Spam jam" it was in a honey pot. 

Why do they always compare whatever pain to labor anyway? They do that with the 1-10 scale too. I mean I have an idea of what I think it feels like but I don't KNOW. whatever. FUCKTARDS. 

Tired tired tired of not doing anything. Oh and the pain too. Grrr

Scared of MD. Bless you bobo for putting up with her. 

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

Glennie and Bobo thank you for the compliments on the selfie....just realized I would look better if I could always be seen in monochromatic colors, lol.

I think I suggested DP enter a Spam taco. But now I am wondering if I had seen the photo somewhere first.  Might taste ok. I think I might have to make it now.

I would love to see the paintings you bought Glennie.  

I have painted a ton more shoes to send to my daughter (she got a slew of orders for them). I have to mail them by Thursday so I better get hopping and paint the last four pairs. I think I could be a professional procrastinator!! Lol

No drinking!!! Next they will be telling you to cut down on your breathing. 

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

there is something really nice about b&w photos.  They have a classy look to them.

I saw some painted canvas shoes at the Fall Festival and thought of you!  Will post pics of the paintings in a little bit. *working now, of course**

Spam jam??  Seriously??? Sounds really gross.  in my opinion.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

these are the 2 paintings that I bought today.  

• bobogirl
    edited November 2014

catharsis

[kuh-thahr-sis]  Spell  Syllables

psychotherapy that encourages or permits the discharge of pent-up, socially unacceptable affects.

discharge of pent-up emotions so as to result in the alleviation of symptoms or the permanent relief of the condition.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

OH MY, the couch looks awful. Ava sleeps on it and drools,,,,,  all those nasty spots!   **ignore those**

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

Glennie, I didn't even notice the couch.

Nice paintings! And you would have made some artist so happy!!

Do you know how much they were selling the shoes for by chance? I hate pricing things. So I had my daughter do it instead.

DP: we are not moving anywhere that I know of.  Hubby didn't even apply for one in Hawaii....with the volcano problems of late I am glad! Remember my friend that I told you was moving out of state? Well her husband took a job in DC and moved back. So for now at least I still have my friend here.

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

Here's my shoes so far.

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

Top view:

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

The shoes are SOOOOO cute.. And I'm sorry, I didn't notice the prices.  I'm always on the lookout for paintings. I like oils and acrylics.  And usually flowers and scenery!! 

These were both by the same artist and turns out they live pretty close to me!  There was another artist that I was considering too, but he will be at next weekend's festival. So we'll see what happens then!!

• wren44
    edited November 2014

Andrea, They're adorable. I hope she's charging lots because they're worth it.

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2014

like the painting and shoes!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited November 2014

Hi all, just popping in, before I take off to the Hospital again. Love the art and those shoes are really something. I hope your Daughter has a good price on them, they are too good to go cheap!

Glennie, you just reminded me of something really sweet that happened with Vi many years ago. For the others who don't know about him, he was my adopted Vietnamese son, who passed away 4 years ago. It was Christmas and it was his job to get the film for the camera for the Christmas celebrations (pre digital camera) He bought b/w film, when I asked him why, he said "I think we will look more like mother and Son, not in color!" I had to laugh, here is me with the Platinum hair and British coloring and he had waist length, jet black hair and beautiful deep olive skin, so b/w wasn't going to make much difference! lol When I introduced him to people as my son and you could see the surprise on their faces, I would always say "He looks more like his Dad!" 

Andrea, I meant to say how much I liked your b/w shot!

DP, did we know about the guy acting strange in the ER? How is the ear today? Every time I am in the Supermarket and I pass the Spam aisle, I think of your creation!

Off to the Hospital again..M x 

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Ah, M,,, that is a sweet story about Vi.

I hope Colin gets a bed in Melbourne soon!!  He needs to get this done and get home again. Silly horse race.

• wren44
    edited November 2014

M, How sweet. Both DD and DS married Asians, so I get some funny looks when I'm out with the grandchildren. DD has 2 boys (now young men) who look 'something' but not clearly Asian. With beards and mustaches, they look Middle Eastern. DS's first son has Caucasian features and coloring. His younger brother is obviously part Asian. I feel so boring beside them.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited November 2014

Just got in, have some people on their way over, for a coffee. Thanks ladies, he was the sweetest boy. I know what you mean Wrenn, he was very exotic to look at and I felt plain beside him!

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

Big thank  you everyone for the compliments. They are a decent price. But after supplies and shipping not so much. But  at least they are fun to do. I see some selling online for double or triple what I do, but I wouldn't  pay that much so I am not comfortable charging that much. I really just get pleasure sharing the art with others. Guess that's why I am a "starving artist" lol.

Oh dear M, I cannot fathom the pain of losing a child. But how funny your response was about your son taking after his father!! Lol

I just want to tell you ladies how much you all have come to mean to me!  Although we met under terrible circumstances, I look forward everyday to our conversations. Bless you all!!

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

The world is becoming more and more of a "blended" place,,, so one day, Me thinks the strange looks will be a thing of the past.

Ava did not pee in the house anymore this weekend. YAY!  And this morning she is back on her Cushing's med, so the excess peeing should stop soon. She did decide that she was hungry and woke me up at 730am. She can't jump on the bed, so she rubs her 75 pound body up and now the side of the bed. Kind of hard to sleep thru that motion!

LE therapy at Shands cancelled today. Therapist's daughter is home sick. So I have free morning. Woo-hoo!

**waving Betty arms at all**

• bobogirl
    edited November 2014

Good girl, Ava!  Hi DP!  **waving**  How is your ear?  Can't believe they released you without pain meds.  Can you get Bond right on getting you a PCP?  I am worried about that.  **nagging you**

I love that story about your sweet Vi.  He is just such a darling, M.  And Bird, your grandchildren sound so beautiful!  It is now time to start wearing your pink shirt. I am so gad October is over.

It is so ridiculous about the races disrupting Colin's hospital stay!  But I know how it is.  Everything stops here for football, and you must plan your whole weekend around it -- whether or not you should drive, when you should grocery shop.

Guess what?  Yesterday DLLP and I had two minutes to put two thoughts together in a row, and I looked at her and said, It is our anniversary!  It was the anniversary of the night we first met!  And we counted and it was.... eighteen years ago!  Wow!  We just looked at each other.  We could not believe it.  

M, your story reminds me of a story.  When our princess was little, I would take her out for walks, and I would strap her into that chest thing -- baby Bjorn.  We had a stroller, but I was more of a 'marsupial mom.'  I couldn't be that far away from her in a stroller!

Anyway, one day we were walking, and I walked past a construction site, with workers.  They were all African-American.  And they saw our princess.  They stopped what they were doing, walked to the edge of the site, and started hooting at me.  Hoot!  Hoot!  Woo-woooo!  They were hooting at me because they thought I had been making some sweet love to a Black man and then had got 'caught out' pregnant!

Well, when I realized that I surprised them.  In the city you're supposed to keep your head down, not look at crazies or rude people.  But when I realized that I just turned right to them and beamed at them!  I was so happy!

XXX

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Happy Anniversary Bobo and DLLP!!! Eighteen years!  Woot!!