Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited November 2014

Happy Birthday DP!!   Hope you get your favorite cake! Hope your tummy settles enough to eat it. Sucks to feel bad on your birthday.

M has Genie bras breeding in the foob-moire. Who knows what day it is in Aus?  I can never figure that out.

Alert:  Walgreens has 50% off coupon!  I ordered my holiday cards and got 2 for 1. **excited**  use coupon code everyitem50   if you want to order from them.

I bet the huskies do sing well.

**waving**

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2014

Funny Husky story. One was sitting in its moms car, window partially down. Head out, looking around. I pull up next to. Dog looks at me and let's out a real soft, woo. Cracked me up. I've heard that soft woo is a Husky trait

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited November 2014

red velvet is super trendy right now. I remember it always being my moms favorite and my stepdad getting her one for her bday each year. Baking in general is so trendy. When will everyone be over cupcakes?

Mockingjay is the third hunger games movie. Part one anyway. Not happy about that. Had never heard of it when the first movie came out. Girls at office had listened to the books so I did too. Great books. First movie disappointing but prob would've been ok if I hadn't read book first. Second one ok.

I love Galapagos'! Poor things. They have calloused toes from not putting their feet all the way down. I could watch them for hours. Was he as big as bg?

Thinking I should try to stay local. I was thinking last night that it would be cool if bco made a registry where we could review drs.

Missed the first movie showing because all dogs piled in bed with me this morning. Toby is normally scared of the bed. So I had to stay with him. Took advantage of being off chemo and had a big glass of OJ this morning. Bond is wandering around the house cleaning things. I should at least tidy my couch area. Later ladies

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2014

Happy Birthday DP!! My signature cake is a pineapple and banana combo. Really good. Supposed to keep well but disappears so fast that I'm not sure of that. Your glass of OJ sounded so good. I rarely drink it because of stomach troubles, but it is tasty.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Oh Wren, your cake sound delicious!!  I can do a pineapple upside down cake.  And I can do an *cheating* ice cream cake using ice cream sandwiches and Cool whip.   The extent of my "baking".

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited November 2014

Morning all, I hope your birthday was good DP! So glad I didn't get up to a "Fuck off, M!" LOL, but meant to say, I didn't know you were using the Green Vibrance, it would be very normal to feel weird if you started on it, with a full dose. I would suggest just a very small amount like half a teaspoon full to begin with for the first few days and work up to a full dose of a rounded scoop, in about a couple or 3 weeks. It is a potent blend!

Red Velvet is yumm, I like most cakes, but since I don't eat dairy, I can't eat anything with cream or butter icing, It cuts down the options somewhat. I did find a new soy cream, at the supermarket this week. There is also a very nice coconut substitute for cream now too. I haven't tried the soy one yet. I did cut down on my fairly high soy intake, even though my surgeon tells me, in moderation, is fine. I bought some pavlova cases and morrello pitted cherries, to give it a try.

I would love a big glass of OJ too, I couldn't tell you the last time I had one, or a Harvey Wallbanger, for that matter. I stopped, because I was told OJ was a contributor to my migraine, so that was the end of that!

Spookiesmom, one of Colin's carers has Husky dogs too and they make the weirdest talking sounds. I am mesmerized by their eyes.

Glad the Aquarium went well Zills, did they have any Beluga Whales? I meant to mention them yesterday. There was a very cheeky, fun one, at the Atlanta Aquarium that would swim right up to your face, swim away and swim really fast back to your face. It had children squealing with laughter, it was so fun to watch.

I told you I wasn't going to mention the clear out till I finished it, ta da!... all done yesterday afternoon, while Colin and his friends were playing with model yachts, in the living room! Then I fired up the outside vacuum and finished all the paving and all the cushions, on the outdoor furniture got a good vacuum.. I tidied the Veg Patch and watered everything. Now, if the wind doesn't blow too hard, it may stay looking nice, for a few days!

Going into town today to do some shopping...catch you later! M x

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Yay, M for finishing the clean out.

Happy Monday morning, all.  What is planned for today?   I'm off to another legal practice deposition session.  I hope at least some of you are doing something more fun.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

yes m, some wise girl told me to start off slow on the gren stuff. Look at you getting so much done.

Good luck today glennie. Take extra shoes!

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited November 2014

Good morning DP! How are you feeling today?

The temp is supposed to go up to 73 F today here, then down to 36 tomorrow. Crazy! I want to live somewhere that is warm (but not too hot) all year round.

I am sorry to say that I don't like Red Velvet Cake (gasp). The frosting annoys me. Don't know why, since I love cheesecake and cream cheese...but not cream cheese icing. Same reason I don't care for Carrot cake or Italian cake. Oh, and not a fan if chocolate cake either. What is the matter with me???

There is a Cheesecake Factory being built close by. I wish they would hurry up and finish it!

Bad news DP, I won't be driving out to your Thanksgiving Meal. Sorry. We are flying home for Xmas this year and actually flying over Canada. Our other option was flying the opposite direction down to Dallas then up to Canada. We would have had a six hour layover...was that enough time to come visit you and be back in time to catch ourplane?

Maybe next time.

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

Ladies, there is still time to be added to the Holiday Card List. I will be compiling them today.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited November 2014

Good mornng all, how are you doing today DP? Wishing you an easy day.

Andrea, I dont use cream cheese frosting on mine, my dear friend used to always make it for my birthday and she gave me the recipe and it is a cooked frosting, kind of a pia but I like it the best. It has to be cooked in a double-boiler which I always have to dig to find!! Dont like chocolate cake?? why that is just un-american!! Just kidding!! We all have our likes and dislikes. That would have been great for you to connect with DP but what a flight schedule huh? Have fun.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

feeling like id rather be in bed. Waiting at MO for my appt that was 45 mins ago. Want to crawl on exam table. Ear dr at 3:30 and supposed to have dinner with the girls at 6:30. Don't see bed in my future. Also have to pick up car from hospital. Left it there all weekend. Hope it's still there.

6 hours would've been doable Andrea. Maybe next time!

Never heard of baked frosting nd. How does that work?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2014

Andrea, I'm with you on the red velvet. I do love chocolate though.

My pineapple-banana cake doesn't have frosting. It's done in a bundt pan and I sift a little powdered sugar on top.

DP, Sounds like a very busy day. Hope you feel up to dinner with friends.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Hi DP!  I hope both appt's go well and you feel well enough to have dinner with the girls tonight.

Andrea: watch out for Cheesecake Factory!  The calories are HUGE!!! Scary Huge!!

My shoes survived the app't!!  So much better than last time! LOL!  Appt was 2.5 hours. Lawyer thinks I'm doing well and will handle the deposition ok.  Have to be there 30 mins early,,,, lordy,, I'm not usually out of bed at 8:30, much less dressed nicely and at some place. This will be fun.  Still nervous,, but trying to control it, at least until Sunday night.

**waving at all**

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited November 2014

Morning all! Boy am I sore this morning! I think the hour of bucketing water out of the spa and throwing it on the garden, then mopping up the rest with towels and wringing them out has caused some muscles to be used that have been enjoying a long hiatus from working out. The arthritis has been given a jolt too, so bending my arms at the elbows is a challenge today! Too bad, so sad! It's done and today I will fill the spa and dose it up, ready to go. I may have to heat it and get in it, for some relief! LOL

DP, I hope your day is improving, I think you may be waiting to go to your appointment right now. I hope you aren't too tired, to go out with the girls. I'd love to be there!

I don't have cream cheese frosting, either. Glennie, so glad your shoes held up today. You're going to be a pro at this deposition stuff!

Andrea, I can't remember where it is you're going, what a shame, you couldn't catch up with DP, how good would that be!

Wren, I love banana cake, not so much with the pineapple, but I love that type with the powdered sugar too!

One of my girl friends makes me Flourless and Dairy Free Chocolate cake, for my Birthday, OMG, it is the best. She is a fabulous cook and has always found dairy free stuff, to make for me.

Hi ndgirl! waving...M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

glennie! I am now in waiting room at ENT. It had double glass doors off the main building lobby. I glanced up from my texts and noticed this black stuff all over the nice wood floor as well as in the main Lobby on the tile. It wasn't there a minute ago. I'm looking at it thinking that looks like rubber chunks. I follow the trail with my eyes, which culminates in a pile in front of a chair. Lady comes walking to chair with heel flapping and disintegrating. Trying not to stare. You could tell she knew something was wrong but didn't quite know what. But she must've figured it out because she took her shoes off and was holding them in her hand. Now they called her back and she went in sock feet. You could've done that glennie.

Oh now a maintenance looking person just walked through the lobby and saw the mess then looked in here like we had a bomb. Haha

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

OMG!!  DP!  That is sooo funny!!   That lady and I are shoe twins!  **LMAO**

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

M:  sorry you are sore today.  You did big job yesterday,, and I think you should soak in the tub! 

Never a dull moment at work. One over night shift person on vacay,, the other one called in sick. Boss trying to figure out what to do. Asks how late can I say awake.  Crap on a chapstick, I have trouble staying up until midnight. I reminded her that I had to get up early for the legal meeting.  **oh yeah**   she is off trying to find other people. Meanwhile, I am in holding pattern.

Must figure out a way to get restful sleep with these hot flashes.  It's just not a good thing.

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

Glennie, sorry about your hot flashes. I haven't had any yet, and it makes me wonder if the Tamoxifen is working. But it is early days yet. And it has stopped my periods (angel chorus sings Hallelujah), and diminished my lady parts....so why not hot flashes too?!

So it is 66F here today...and it woke up the blasted wasps. Kids saw it earlier, but I can't find it now that it's dark.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

You have been on Tamox. for a while now,,, I would think if you were going to have hot flashes that they would have shown up by now,,, but maybe you should ask someone who has been on it.  I can tell you I had instant menopause,, hot flashes showed up really fast after surgery.   

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited November 2014

thank your lucky stars no hot flashes! Mine showed up pretty quickly.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited November 2014
    'Oh, I am Andrea's tiny Lola. I find it difficult to gain weight. My favorite cake is vanilla. I am so delicate..'

Happy Birthday DP! Happy Birthday to you! And a happy birthday to Colin #1 belatedly, and happy ca anniversary to Andrea (plus one)! And Spookie, your view is awesome. I favor a dark chocolate flourless dairy-free chocolate cake like the one M has. They serve a great one at this restaurant in Upper Bucks County, it's called Thistle and Shamrock. Or something like that.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. First off, I misspoke. My foot is not hairy: it is my toes. And, secondly, I would definitely fuck someone -- within limits, for instance I would not fuck any of the George Bushes -- okay, I will do the old one if I have to -- in order for DP to have some semblance of normal compassionate and competent care. It would be a very fair exchange. And I see M would do so also. Quel surprise! Fluffer twins to the rescue! And, it bears mentioning, that anyone would be so lucky.

My short list (that's people of the sex you are not normally acclimated to if you had to fuck someone of that sex) by Bobo

1. Wallace Shawn. He is my favorite playwright, I am mad for him, he looks like a tiny hobbit.
    2. Jeremy Irons. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
    3. James Spader. Not so much now, but I would manage.
    4. Well, I have always got to include Denzel Washington.
    5. DP's future competent doctor

I could add Colin #1 to this list. Colin, you are so manly!

Happy Birthday, DP! XXXXX
  • glennie19
    edited November 2014

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

Bobo, I don't know how I ever lived without you!!! You make me literally laugh out loud!! Much to the confuddlement of those around me!! "No! I cannot tell you what I am laughing at." Might be the only mystery in my plain vanilla life!!

My V has never gotten so much attention. I am a bit worried she might start making demands, the little Diva. Like her own Twitter account etc.

Oh hey. Does anyone watch "Girls" on HBO? Just saw a preview and it looks funny. So does the HBO show "Togetherness".

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

I think your V needs her own FB page.   She will want a profile pic, of couse.  Maybe you can go to the same place Bobo did for good wax job.

**ducks**

edit to say, I don't have HBO

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

Not likely to have a profile pic....camera shy...also probably illegal. Waxing is a non-issue...possibly another SE of Tamoxifen??

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Really?  wonder if that will happen to me now that I'm menopausal.

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

we'll it has definitely gotten more sparse since I started Tam, but in all honesty i have only ever had one bikini wax and it never grew back. Same thing happened to my eyebrows. And what brows I do have are so fair anyway.

My three daughters took after their dad...and hate me for that, lol.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Well, so far,,, I haven't had that side effect.  I would prefer it to hot flashes.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

did you have to work late glennie?

Still in bed today. Yesterday was super long. Had nice time at dinner though. Stomach still jacked up. Dr have me some pills for it. Have to have a liver mri tomorrow. I anticipate having to have another thorencentesis by the end of the week from my pain level and breathing.

M have you ever taken a drug called anakinra? It's an RA drug. They want me to take it on a clinical trial.

MO looked at te week old xray and said that the pleural effusion was already large on it. She did not say "oh we missed this".

Hope everyone has a good day