Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited November 2014

Glennie, in the bag for your appt. I hope you can get something for the Hot Flashes. I read somewhere Effexor helps too. But then you would know that already being a pharmacist, duh!

Are you going to see the new Penguin movie that comes out tonight? Granted, it's a cartoon; but I know you like penguins.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited November 2014
    DP, I totally missed that! The cake was for Andrea's AUS fanny and she made it herself! Of course! Andrea! I have to watch you every minute.
    Are you glad there is no liver MRI today due to insurance? Glad for the break? I am so sorry for your pain in your low back side lung. It must be awful. Try not to clean too much.
    So, plans are a little better for dinner tomorrow?
    And now I have to say... OMG. I can't believe your MO. Wait until M hears this one. She's going to be doing the dance of the humpy-backed spider.
    Now must vault up and do all manner of things. But thinking of you, DP! XXX
  • glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited November 2014

I do want to see the Penguin movie. Not sure when I'll get a chance,, hard to schedule movies when you work evening shift.  But I'll get there!

I don't want to do Effexor,,, it has terrible withdrawal side effects. My ex-husband would miss one dose and feel like he had the flu.  So I don't even want to try it.  Paxil could have that effect too, but I've known more people on Effexor who had the problem, than those on Paxil. Or I could do Prozac, which doesn't have the effect at all.  I absolutely Hate the thought of taking any of these meds,,, but I can't keep on like this.  It is miserable.

Bobo:  I hope you make it to yoga!!

Back later.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

We decided on Prozac. She likes it better than Paxil, as it causes less weight gain, so that's alright with me. She did an internal and she can still see the stitches. She likes them to be totally gone before she gives the all-clear for sex. (not that I have anyone waiting for that!) so I'll go back and see her in 2 weeks and report in on the Prozac too.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited November 2014

Gosh DP. Who do we strangle first? I'm sure you are glad for a break but wtf?

Rest up. Screw the cleaning. Eat whatever sounds good.

• bobogirl
    edited November 2014
    Hi DP! **waving** I'm here with my end of the Thanksgiving update. Cranberries done -- I made a fresh relish in the Vitamix. There was a moment when it wasn't working and I panicked but then it turned out the V was unplugged. Pumpkin pie custard done -- I pooped out on crust, DLLP will have to do it. Sweet potatoes roasted for casserole, they are cooling, then I will assemble the casserole and put in fridge (somewhere) tomorrow for baking off after (giant disgusting) turkey comes out of the oven.

Are you drinking a lot of fluids! I did get to yoga today, but then our princess pooped out -- she has not been well lately -- so we went home after french fries and I gave her tea, oranges, sliced yellow peppers, pocahontas. And, because she broke the rules after feeling better, a 'strike' on the calendar. Three strikes and you're out of the Gator party. She has two.

Z, how's the weather where you are driving?
  • AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

it's Quiet on here today. Everyone must be busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. We have been invite to my friend's home for dinner tomorrow. I still have to make a Pumpkin Torte and broccoli/cauliflower salad to take.

I am making Cheeseburger soup for supper tonight. Great recipe I got online. And we got our first snowfall today. The wet sloppy kind. But maybe I can persuade my husband to light the fire tonight.

Glennie, I didn't have any withdrawal from Effexor. Probably because I was in a low dose. Glad you got something else to try. Good luck.

Bobo....I basically begged to be teased after posting that cake. But I couldnt resist. How embarrassing would it have been at that birthday party?! Lol.

DP I hope you had a wonderful meal today. Can't wait to hear the details!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited November 2014

OMG, DP WTF, this is untenable! What's wrong with these people you have to deal with and this insurance shit is just the worst. I am so sorry there isn't something we can do. I could start a petition, something, anything?

I hope you can have a nice day for Thanksgiving, with your family.

Glennie, I am sorry you are suffering these hot flashes. I had them really bad too, day and night. I got a lot of relief with Evening Primrose and can't remember which oils, but an aromatherapy blend specifically for menopause. M x

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Oh Bobo, that must have been a scare, thinking the Vitamix had expired! I love the sound of all the foods you make for Thanksgiving, I have never heard of some of them.

Sorry to hear our Princess isn't well,I hope it isn't anything that will spoil her Thanksgiving. I see she managed to still get a strike, when she felt a bit better!

Andrea that Cheesburger Soup sounds, well, interesting, never heard of anything like that! LOL

Sound advice again from Zills, stuff the cleaning and eat what you want DP!

It is a nice day today, I got the spa all finished, it is sparkling clean and ready to go. I am feeling so much better today, usually laid low for up to a week after a flare of RA like that one, don't really understand how it is improving with age, but not complaining!

I stocked up on my fave Aldi dessert yesterday, it is the coconut dessert that comes in the half coconut shell, do you have that there? Colin and I both love it, one of Colin's carers has a huge extra freezer, so I am going to go back and buy the lot and let her keep it at her house, so we can have it year round!

Waving to everyone, have to run, but will be back later.. M x

• bobogirl
    edited November 2014
    M! What kind of dessert is in the shell? Is it a mousse, or an ice cream? I have just asked DLLP to make me a coconut cream pie that I saw in my vegan book. Our princess can't have it, obviously, so we will have to sneak it! So glad your flare is better.
  • Zillsnot4me
    edited November 2014

Nope don't have that here. Only one small freezer case for specials and it's full of ham, turkey and pumpkin or pecan pie.

Pies almost done, eggs boiled. Tomorrow bake ham, devil eggs and make stuffing.

Didn't get to house or toy purge or paperwork. Feel off. D@mn ear again. And tired. Imagine that.

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Bobo it is called Coconut Ice Confection and is vegetarian. It does have a small amount of dairy in it, but it doesn't affect me at all. Brand name "Monarch".

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited November 2014

Checking in to see how DP is doing, geez they are sure giving you the run around, hope you go to cancer center of America in Tulsa I have tried Arioms olive leaf thinking I would take it for immune boost, but the last two times it has made me violently sick,,, puking all day.. No more for me, so be careful if you take it, dh takes it and no problem, go figure .

At son's, they have kitchen tore up waiting for new cupboards, countertop etc,so they got the turkey and I made everything else at home and brought it here. Potatoes, squash , scalloped corn, stuffing, cauliflower salad, cranberries, pickled asparagus and beets and of course pumpkin pie, other side brought apple pie and she will make homemade rolls in morning. Thought it was easier to do at home where I know where things are. They would never come home because Dil loves the shopping on Black Friday , not me, and we live too far from a major city for her to shop, also easier for us to come here than load up three little girls, our house is very small but air mattress could work for kids.

Wishing all a very Happy Thanksgiving and eat lots, this is my holiday to over indulge and want it to be traditional, don't care what is for Christmas dinner but better be a real old fashioned Thanksgiving dinner for me!

Btw.. I can't stand Ellen,flip the channel if I happen to see her,sorry just not on my radar.

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

ndgirl, I am so sorry you got sick from the Olive Leaf Extract, you aren't taking the liquid are you? Colin and I were both struck down with major heartburn, from the liquid, when we started taking Olive Leaf, years ago. I have always tried to mention that the capsules of dried leaf, are the way to go. In saying that, I do know lots of people who take the liquid with no stomach problems, like your husband. It is a very commonly used supplement over here.

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great time with the family! M x

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

I like Ellen, but I don't watch her show. I used to like her sitcom tho. And I like her in Finding Nemo!!

Who said Shania Twain? She is a beauty... And Canadian! Can't believe her stupid ass exhusband cheated on her with her best friend. I hope she is happier with her new husband.

Cheeseburger soup was a huge hit with DH and son! Easy to make. You could use ground turkey or maybe ground tofu instead of beef. But it does have milk and cheese in it.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited November 2014

gosh bobo and nd, I am exhausted just reading about all you are doing. I have to make fruit salad in the morning. It's long been my "job".

Glad things are looking good down there glennie. I mean probably not looking as good as Andrea but we can dream...

Funny to think about m being in the spa and eating coconuts while we have thanksgiving.

Stomach still jacked. It is truly a miserable thing. Dreading the food tomorrow.

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

DP, you are so bad! Lol

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

I am not a huge fan of turkey. But I am looking forward to the fellowship with friends. Thanksgiving is celebrated in October in Canada. It is nowhere as big a deal as here.

Might take the kids out shopping Black Friday, after the early morning rush.

I hope your poor tummy feels better soon DP and you can enjoy some of the Thanksgiving feast.

Take care,

Andrea

• ndgirl
    edited November 2014

Ariom nope not liquid took the capsules, the first time I thought maybe I hadn't had enough in mt tummy when I took it but when it happened again, well that was enough, but if it keeps dh well that is ok.

Andrea, always thought Canadians had it right with the dates of Thanksgiving , ours is so close to Christmas it gets overshadowed.

DP, sorry about your tummy and that you are dreading the food tomorrow, hoping its is a better day.

• ndgirl
    edited November 2014

forgot to ask if anyone here uses lavender essential oils? If so have you hears some reports of studies that it can have an estrogen effect on us? I have used it for a few years now and love it, thinking of using more oils and learning about them but in researching I saw that and my cancer was estrogen positive.. Just wondering if you sharp gals can help?

Wondering if Bobo will get a surprise call or visit from. MD? We need updates .

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Hi, ndgirl, I have read and read, all sorts of studies on the estrogenic effects of Lavender and T Tree oils because they are in a lot of the blends I use and I have also seen all the warnings. Like just about everything, there are arguments for and against. I didn't find enough proof to the negative, to make me stop using either of them. I am an aromatherapy nut and use the massage oils every day and blends in the burner all the time too. I use blends in the bath and facial oil blends in facials. I only buy cleaning products that are safe for our waterways and they all contain essential oils as well, add to that the pure bees wax and lavender I use as furniture polish occasionally and I am pretty well surrounded by them.

I could be totally wrong, but I love using the aromatherapy oils and they have had such a positive effect on me over the years for the pain of arthritis. In saying that, most of the things I use on a daily basis have got Lavender in them, so who knows if it has been a detriment to me and my Dx.

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Sorry ndgirl, meant to say in the above post, you must be sensitive to the Olive Leaf, it just shows how we are all so different, even when it comes to natural stuff. I'm sorry you took it because of my advice and it made you ill:(

DP, I hope your tummy holds up for the festivities and I hadn't even considered MD may drop in on Bobo. Did I miss the text back? What was the final excuse, or reason to not go there?

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited November 2014

happy thanksgiving ladies! Hope everyone has a beautiful day with lots to give thanks for.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited November 2014

Happy thanksgiving! Gobble, gobble.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited November 2014

What is cauliflowr salad? Cheeseburger soup?

Recipes please.

We had cauliflower this week. Boy wanted to know if it was from Ireland!

• AndreaJ50
    edited November 2014

I am thankful for all you crazy, lovely, thoughtful, humorous, brave ladies!!! Happy Thanksgiving dear friends!!!

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Happy Thanksgiving !!  Did the 2 mile Turkey Trot this morning (walk) with Melinda and Russell,,, now we are going to buffet lunch with my other BFF Sharon, her hubby and father-in-law.  Wearing the loose pants.

I too am thankful for all of you.  nd, I too am exhausted reading about everything you made! What a cook you are!!

Not doing any Black Friday shopping (unless on-line). The newspaper was HUGE today, full of sale ads.  There is big craft show Sat and Sun, and I prefer to go to that.

Back later!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2014

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm sure thankful for finding you. DD is bringing our turkey and DH is doing the rest. I clean before and after. There will be way way too much food. DGS did an overnight shift for TSA and is trying to nap enough to drive safely to our house (from fairly nearby).

• bobogirl
    edited November 2014
    Happy Thanksgiving! I am certainly thankful for my girls here. We are a ragged bunch of badasses aren't we?

ND asks for an MD update, and I come forth. Had a hysterical call with MD -- both of us were extremely chipper in tone -- in which I told her I was not coming. But she did not care, because she was high on the fact that my brother is bringing his GF, the cougar from Long Island! She doesn't have her boys this holiday, but he has his. MD REALLY dislikes her on sight -- DLLP saw her shoot a look at cougar. But MD must make EXTREME NICE with cougar to suck up to my brother! Cougar has Crohn's disease and can only eat like four foods and is a vegetarian. But MD is totally acting like that's fine and she and my aunt are making all sorts of dishes she can eat. I couldn't help but think, That's funny. She's never made things I can eat. But my motto is 'I'm 44, and I don't want to talk about it anymore.'

Our princess is having some seizure activity right now -- flashing lights -- so I'm waiting with DLLP to make sure it's safe for me to take a shower. I just love her so much. She ate a great dinner. It was a very clean and beautiful dinner on my new Christmas dishes. Report in with drunk relative stories if you have any! Hi DP! **waving** How is your fruit salad? XXX
  • Ariom
    edited November 2014

Good Morning ladies! Even though I have never been to a Thanksgiving, I have to say that I am thankful, for finding and knowing, every one of you. You lift me up and make me laugh and I feel like I have known you all forever!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Everyone...Mwah mwah and big smooshy hugs too you all!