Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited May 2014

In your pockets FBB.....!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited May 2014

I'm climbing in, too, FBB. 

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited May 2014

FBB, you are more chinese than I am! Always in your pockets when you are in battle. Will sneak out once in a while to give you a hug.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited May 2014

Thanks everyone. Morningsun, I just have quirky hobbies. Winking

• Morningsun1
    edited May 2014

fun hobbies, (((fbb)))

jeannie, hbs will get that job

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited May 2014

It's so wonderful to have such a great support group on this thread, but what other message board has their own resident OT?  We are blessed, Nihahi!  Thanks for all you contribute!

• Morningsun1
    edited May 2014

Hi zen, GwennyMD, and fbb, have you looked at the flights to Portland yet? There is no direct flight from pgh to portland, my search today is routing me through Newark NJ. Next time it might route me through Ohio. Anyway, it made think that maybe we (from Northeast) can hook up to make the pick up easier at Portland airport.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2014

Jeannie, this MUST be the one that you and your DH have been waiting for!  FBB, thanks for keeping us updated.  You are in our hearts and minds while we are hanging out in your pockets.  

I'm flying from Indianapolis, so I will be on the Portland train as well.  Bailey and Cherrie may be too.  Sure hope we get a drop in rates soon!

Nihahi, I can't believe you are still having snow.  It feels like summer here today.  Keep the faith girlfriends!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited May 2014

My goodness, there are so many of us traveling from the Midwest, maybe we should consider Michigan next time.  I will be flying out of Detroit, but nothing booked yet. I heard somewhere that seven weeks out is the sweet spot. 

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited May 2014

I just started my first thread!  Part of my "after the flap" is to get to a really great place and that means moving.  So if you have a moment, please take a look at this thread and give me a bit of help?

Music to Pump the Walk

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2014

I have a question--yeah another one sigh.  I talked to Dr. Massey's gal and she said it sounded like I might need a secondary reconstruction.  Does anyone knows the meaning of this?

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited May 2014

Hey DIEPer sistas....back from vacay-and jumped right into a pile of......>poo<Shocked

Mom going downhill at an increasingly rapid rate...at this speed, she will not likely last the summer.........

Oldest DD and youngest DD are at odds....  .>sigh<    Girls are such a royal pain in the  A** sometimes.....Loopy

And I read that everyone is having difficulty finding cheap flights......Scared

Since I am not flying anywhere, I will rent the second car, if we need one, and pay $$$ to bring our grocery bill down.....that way, we all get pinched the same........it's only fair!

I am exhausted.......will check back in later.

Love, love, love you ladies!  XO

• Jeannie57
    edited May 2014

Yea, assuming DH gets a job, I will chip in more towards food, too, as well as pay gas for all the gals who will be going with me from Seattle.

• MartyJ
    edited May 2014

Kat it is hard to know what is going on with your flap but it sounds as if you need more than a typical stage 2 and will benefit from additional flap surgery. There are many things they can do like adding n additional flap, but you must commit yourself to one PS with the skills to do everything you need to complete the reconstruction. If I remember your plan was to do Stage 1 with PRMA and finish with a local doc who could so simple revisions. Good strategy for saving coats but doesn't take into account needing a skilled microsurgical recon PS to correct problems. Some of us are lucky and only need a stage 1 and 2. Others need more work to achieve the best outcome.   Have you spoken with your doc at PRMA or are you not interested in going back. 

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited May 2014

Ok going to try to post again....been trying for a few days and I can't get it to go...

FBB...love your new tag.....Hugs

Jeannie....any job news? Praying!

Yes I am flying out of Detroit or Chicago...whichever has the better flight....be that timing or dollars. Still about $400 roundtrip :(

Hey anybody heard from Sweetpickle? You out there, girlfriend?

So, I had a consultation with a hypnotherapist today. Thinking about trying it out for some help with weight loss. I have been stuck for a while and know I have gotten into some bad patterns and stress eating the last several months. I've tried but my willpower seems to be depleted. Has anyone here tried hypnosis for anything?

I also had my first acupuncture treatment for my Femara feet. It was interesting. I will let y'all know if it helps! I got 10 free sessions for participating in a study of acupuncture for Femara pain. I was in the control group, so this is my first session. The acupuncturist said that many women who have participated have been helped by the treatments. 

Oh Marty, you had a link.....I will check that out!

Love to all!

• Jeannie57
    edited May 2014

bosom blues, is there any kind of condo management office? Tell them about creepy mailman, tell the Post Office, tell the cops, confront him with someone big and strong, tell someone. That is just wrong. Thanks for the update about Goldie. I hope she will be more comfortable with this new bosom!

Bailey, hubs will know next week about the job but it looks really good this time. Keep prayin," please! I sure will miss him when he starts working again.

• bailey6760
    edited May 2014

Hey BB! Playing dodge the mailman??? That's pretty creepy. If he doesn't quit report him. That's not right. Sorry about your poor face. Does it hurt? You said something the other day about me being your life coach....ha! You funny.....i can't keep my own doo-doo collected in a heap! Thanks for the update on Goldie. I've been wondering how she is doing. I need to catch up on the diep threads!

Thanks for your kind words about my Dad's articles. He's an amazing guySmile

• Jeannie57
    edited May 2014

Bailey, are you getting acupuncture in your LE-effected areas? Just wondering. I know the needles are tiny, tiny.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited May 2014

driveby post tonight. 

Thanks for the update on goldie, bosum......fyi.....I completely agree with the others about the mailman. You have told him to stop this behavior. If he again bothers you, tell those in authority what is going on. Stay safe.

Love you movie....glad to hear from you....wish things in your life were better.

Hugs to all.....

• bailey6760
    edited May 2014

I think I am just going to work on my feet, Jeannie....I'm thinking about my hands. I can have my right hand done since I am a unilateral with no LE risk on the right. The research I have done shows that there are trials being done on acupuncture to treat lymphedema, but it certainly goes against everything we have been taught about LE, doesn't it? I don't know what to think. 

Yes the needles are very tiny, and very flexible. It felt like a pin prick or a mosquito bite....just for a second. They don't go in deep. He put several in each leg (not in my feet...which I was happy for). He said I would be very tired tonight and I am!

We have a couple of wonderful cancer centers here and they both have acupuncturists, so it's being accepted and promoted here as a companion therapy for cancer treatment. 

• Jeannie57
    edited May 2014

Bailey, I had many acupuncture sessions decades ago for hay fever and to straighten out my body in general after I had been hospitalized three times in six months for drug allergies.  A medical doctor did the a. for me and it was very successful. When I had it for chronic pain after a car accident from another practitioner---really did nothing. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• heavenschild
    heavenschild Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2014

I found (all of) you!  So good to hear about the dress, exercise, and just being able to discover life again.

My hubby got me an elliptical and I really enjoy it.  He also got a stand for my IPAD for when I watch whatever to pass the time.  My favorite is Castle.  I watched Downton Abbey, but decided that the writers would never allow those people to be happy!  A good show to watch is Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch, it is fun, witty, and Benedict Cumberbatch looks like a Greek god! 

• Jeannie57
    edited May 2014

Welcome, heavenschild. I have an elliptical, too, love Sherlock and know what you mean about Downton but I watch it anyway!

• bailey6760
    edited May 2014

Hey Heavenchild! Nice to see you.

Movie, thinking of you and your family. ((((Movie))))

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited May 2014

Bosum - Thanks for posting about Goldie, it's great to know that she's home. As for the pain - here's hoping that it's temporary and that she has good drugs

Your mailman makes nervous. Between following you in his truck and banging on the door - it seems like you should involve an authority. Like the police, or his superiors. Or both. He's way out of line.

By the way - I doubt you attract creeps. You probably just look hot.

• bailey6760
    edited May 2014

132 days!!!

I've been listening to coverage of a local 25k race and catching up on reading. I dearly love each of you and can hardly stand the wait to meet you.

Janet, I've been reading your blog. I love the way you look at life and the way you put things. So funny and true and wonderfully written. You make me smile.

Going to go read more....and see if Sbel has posted anything new on hers.

I am so grateful for meeting each of you.

FBB - how are you doing?

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited May 2014

mostly drained physically and emotionally. Love reading all the posts, just not much to say. Need to get the ground back under my feet once again.

Love to all.

• bailey6760
    edited May 2014

Thanks for the check in FBB, love you! In your pocket.

• Morningsun1
    edited May 2014

Here, FBB,

• MartyJ
    edited May 2014

Good one, Tammy!