Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited May 2014

Great news on your check up, Jeannie! Praying that you and DH are out celebrating and that DD is safe.

Hugs Movie.

Love and hugs to the rest.

It's been a tough week. My friend who was diagnosed with FC just five weeks ago passed away on Tuesday. It was so darned fast. My heart is broken for her family.

Damned disease Sad

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited May 2014

we will need a Movie check in before Reckless premiers in June. I want to know which part her daughter plays. 

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited May 2014

oh, Bailey, I'm sorry. I hate cancer. My heart goes out to you and her family.

DD is all packed, ready to evacuate when it is suggested. The evac zone is currently about two miles from her but I don't know which direction the fire is going right now. It has changed throughout the day. She lives in Escondido. My GD is upset with all the smoke and ash but my DD is a calm cookie.

No job phone call today. That could mean anything, really, but we are discouraged. We just now said to ourselves that we could sell everything and do whatever we want---at least for awhile. We can face anything together, this I know, with our faith and love.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited May 2014

Oh, Bailey, I am so sorry for your loss.  FC!!!  (((Hugs))) to you, Dear. 

• Ashira
    Ashira Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2014

Cindy, it could be Circumin, which is a bioavailable form of Tumeric. I do take that on the recommendation of both my primary and my Oncologist.  You could just sprinkle Tumeric on your food instead of the supplement, but you would need a whole lot of it!

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited May 2014

my cardiologist started us on curcumin. Vit c and zinc for good healing.  Vit D, too.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited May 2014

true words....FBB. Everyone has issues in life. Perfection is just a "hollywood myth".

bailey...so sorry to hear the news of your friend. Such a heartbreak for you, her family and other friends.

jeannie....sending hopes that DD and family are going to come through this safely, and that the "phone call" comes. Hubby is truly a rock for you, and I bet he'd say the same about you.

Morningsun....French Open is coming up....how's that ankle of yours?

• nihahi
    edited May 2014

Does anyone remember when sbe is returning from her trip to Israel????? 

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited May 2014

Just want to say a quick hi. I'm in Cape Town now with my family, and it is wonderful to be with my sisters and brother during this sad time. There is nothing like one's family at a time like this. Our mom passed away peacefully, her suffering is over, and we are grateful.

Bailey, so sorry to hear about your friend.

Jeannie, hope those fires don't come near your kids, and that DH will get good news. You are truly an inspiration to me.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2014

Bailey, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. Five weeks is an incredibly short amount of time.  Praying that God will give her family strength, and you too.

We found out yesterday that a son of some good friends of ours has just had surgery for testicular cancer.  It has spread to his lungs.  He is about thirty and engaged to be married this year.  He is also a youth pastor.  Jeannie, I agree.  I hate cancer.

Liefie, so glad you are with your family. Our families are so
    important. Some times God gives us a family of sisters that aren't
    blood relatives, but that have something in common that bonds us
    together in ways nothing else could. Sure looking forward to meeting
    everyone in September.  Have a good weekend.  ...Julie

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited May 2014

I am so far behind again. 

Lie fie and Bailey- I am so so sorry for your loss. It is sad, but comforting that their pain is gone. Memories are so very important. I lost my mom two years ago and still feel it. 

Jeannie- thinking of your family in so many ways. My fingers are still crossed. 

Marty and Nihahi-you both have a great way with words that can comfort many people. Thanks. 

Movie- sorry to hear about your mom. 

Thinking of you girls going through divorce, creepy mailmen, healing issues both physically and mentally. 

My life is so busy right now. Wish I had more time to stay connected. 

Checked flights again. $400 for both my DH and I. Not buying yet. Hoping for it to come down some. 

Take care!

• bailey6760
    edited May 2014

Hey friends, thank you for your kind words, as always, you are my comfort (or a good portion of it :) love you all.

I hope when it's my time that it goes fast, too.....just pray it's not for a very long time. She was only 54 and still has two children in high school Sad We all just wish they would have found it sooner. By the time they did it was too late to fight it. But if wishes were changes we'd all live in roses. I'm at peace about it. We pray that in time the family will be.....just takes lots of time.

Good to hear from you, Liefie. 

I've been checking flights, too. Still around $400. I'm not biting yet Winking but I do have the days off work.

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited May 2014

Bailey - I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I admire your positive attitude and that you can find peace. My heart breaks for her family - and I hope that they are okay. 

Personally, I'm constantly amazed at the random unfairness of this f*cking disease that has taken so much from so many. So many good people, and so many broken hearts. 

Jeannie - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your husband. Good things will come. 

When I read your post just now I had a flash of you and DH  in the front seat of a WInnebago heading for Baja Mexico.  In this flash you're wearing a visor and the dog is on your lap. DH is wearing sunglasses and is drinking from a travelling mug. You're both very happy. One of your daughters gave you a plastic pink flamingo as a going away gift, and you will plant it in the sand when you get to your destination. 

This flash has nothing to do with the DH's job prospects by the way. It's just that the idea of selling everything and going somewhere sounds so romantic and fun. 

• Jeannie57
    edited May 2014

Janet, yes! That could happen. But not Mexico. I'd like to visit all the National Parks. I do LOVE the beach, though. Thanks for the visual.

• Janet_M
    edited May 2014

Jeannie - Oh, good idea! That would be a spectacular trip. (For the record - I had your RV set up on a sand Peninsula  on the East Cape region on the Sea of Cortez  - looking at whales in the distance). But the national parks sound fabulous. You have officially been rerouted. The Arches await.

And is that BosumBlues sitting behind you? 

• Jeannie57
    edited May 2014

Oh, Janet, your idea is too hard to resist. We are comfortable in the Latin culture, we speak some Spanish and we love whales and sunsets. And margaritas. We've been to Mexico and Venezuela twice, as well as Brazil. I still really hope we don't have to move.....

• Janet_M
    edited May 2014

You won't have to move. National Parks can be a vacation, or a plan for the future. And in that case, I would like to come too. Is it legal to be mixing margaritas in the back of a moving Winnebago? 

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited May 2014

Boker Tov, everyone!  That's good morning in Hebrew.  I'm home, I'm safe, and have pages and pages to catch up on, but I wanted to say hello and that we had a wonderful experience in Israel.  I watched the sunrise two mornings while I was swimming in the Sea of Galilee.  I missed all of you and prayed for you in Jerusalem. More later!

• Jeannie57
    edited May 2014

Sbel, that sounds wonderful' you were missed here.

Janet, I'm pretty sure margaritas have been mixed in a Winnebago, legal or not. We would be sure to drive up and pick up one of my favorite Canadians. Is "Canuck" derogatory? 

Well, ladies, this is my chug-a-lug colonoscopy prep day. I would much rather be doing, well, anything else!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited May 2014

Thanks, cindyb, nice to meet you too!  

Jeannie, just keep chugging.  We all know the prep is the worst part.  When you poop out your eyeballs and can look up at your bum from the bottom of the toilet bowl, you're ready.  Enjoy the nap tomorrow.

My PET scan is on the books for Wednesday, so Tuesday is "Atkins Diet" day.  I have no reason to think anything's amiss, but with FBC...well, you know.  Praying for no surprises.  

• Zenful
    edited May 2014

Praying right along with you Sbel!!  Good luck!

I see my MO on Tuesday for my four month checkup, but he doesn't do any regular testing, so it should be uneventful. 

• Jeannie57
    edited May 2014

Praying for you, Sbel. 

• Cherrie
    edited May 2014

Nice to hear your voice again Katy. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Welcome back. 

My chiropractor, who takes care of himself both physically and mentally, was just diagnosed with FC. just ready to retire soon. So unfair. I just don't understand it. So sad. 

Love you all. 

• Cherrie
    edited May 2014

imageMy grand babies are growing. I miss them so. 

• Jeannie57
    edited May 2014

Cherrie, they are so beautiful! I'm sorry about your chiro. No words.

• Zenful
    edited May 2014

Cherrie, they are absolutely adorable!  I'm sure you will find a way to see them again soon. You can't stay away from that kind of cuteness too long!

• nihahi
    edited May 2014

sbe.....so glad you're back...can't wait for the pics and stories! You've been missed. I'm betting on "looking great" from the checkup.

jeannie...this time tomorrow....it'll be done and dusted. take care, kiddo....it'll be ok for you too.

zenful....ditto for you....clean reports...all the way around, RIGHT!!!!!!

cherrie....beautiful grandkids, they certainly look happy and healthy. Daughter and hubby are doing a good job!

• lahela
    lahela Member Posts: 145
    edited May 2014

Here's to clean reports and test results for everyone!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited May 2014

Amen to that lahela! 

Lymph node on lung biopsy tomorrow for me. Must be the season of tests and procedures. 

Adorable gk's Cherrie!

• bailey6760
    edited May 2014

Katy! Welcome back! 

Praying for good test results for everyone this week! 

If you go to Southwest.com and click on the "ad" on their page that says, "Smile. You're going places. Fall flights on sale now." You need to book by May 22 and travel between 8/25 and 10/30. I found flights out of Midway (Chicago) direct to Portland for $370ish. Best I've seen.....thinking about biting on this one....I will have to go to Chicago the night before.....that's ok I have a college roommate I'd like to see.

Midwestern girls what do you think of Midway?