Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited April 2014

The name of my band is Black Jujubes - LOL!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited April 2014

Blue Cashew !

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited April 2014

Liefie- great pictures of that precious baby and your 50's party. I see so much joy in your face.

I am in Chicago for my final appointment with Dr. Massey tomorrow. It is bittersweet, but can you say CLOSURE! You will all be there in no time at all.

I am looking out my hotel window and it is breathtaking. I will try to add the picture of this. 

I did it!!!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited April 2014

Yay for you, Cherrie!  You are crossing the finish line!!!!

FBB-crowding into your already packed pockets for tomorrow and Tuesday........XO

Taupe peaches............Shocked

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited April 2014

leopard print bagel (in my pjs all day with a cold).

• Zenful
    edited April 2014

Jeannie, that's an awesome band name!

Cherrie, good luck. I am so happy for you to be at the end of your journey. 

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited April 2014

Cherrie:  This one is for you!!!  Now, you just get to living life and the joys of being who you are!!  Love, Kat

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited April 2014

cherrie.....I'm positive I can see you on top of that awesome building with the "gold trim"...wind in your hair....fists to the sky....smile on your face.....shouting across Chicago.....DONE!!!!! Love it!

jeannie....aw....spring colds are the worst!!! Feel better kiddo. 

still hanging out in your pockets, Fierce.....((((X))))

• Ridley
    Ridley Member Posts: 95
    edited April 2014

Blue curlywurly is the name of my band.

Just got back from an annual wine tour in the Niagara wine region.  One of my dear friends that I met  years ago training for our weekend walk to end cancer, is a two year FBC survivor and does an annual wine tour as a fundraising event. She always has a waiting list for seats, as she does such a great job.   It was a gorgeous day here for the tour and I picked up a Cadbury curlywurly in the Scottish store in Niagara-on-lake.  Chocolate trumps wine any day in my books:)

FBB - if there is still room, I'm jumping in your pockets for tomorrow and Tuesday.  Sending positive vibes for clean scans, negative test results, etc.

Cherrie - congrats on being done!

Lots of wonderful pictures  - Emily is a little sweetie.

Ridley

• liefie
    edited April 2014

Beautiful picture, Cherrie! You go girl!

Get better soon Jeannie - colds just suck.

Love all the band names - what a fun idea, Nihahi!

Thanks all you guys for the kind words re Emily. I miss that little baby every single day.

Just heard that my sister, her husband, two adult children and their SIL are now definitely coming to visit us in July, and have bought plane tickets. Summer just got a whole lot better - they will be here for my 60th birthday. So special because they are flying halfway around the world to be here. Love my sis and her family.

• Cherrie
    edited April 2014

Liefie, that is wonderful to look forward to. Lucky you. I turn 60 in October. Alt of us are close in age. 

Thanks Kat. 

Hope you feel better soon Jeannie. Stay in your Jammie's and drink tea and eat chicken noodle soup. :(

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

young un's.....all of you!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited April 2014

yay Cherri! 

Ridley there is always room!

No-pants Java.  Still in nightgown, lazy morning.

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

Blue Bran Buds......heading out the door! 

What is it with airlines....the fares I've been monitoring for September..went down 67 cents since yesterday!!!!!! Seriously?????

Fierce....hope it's sunny, with the air full of bird songs and butterflies.

• Cherrie
    edited April 2014

BB- the bittersweet part was the connection I have with my PS.  She is such a good listener, compassionate, and warm. We gave each other a big hug after pictures together. Her passion for women who have breast cancer/lymphedema amazes me. As far as being done though, TOWANDA!! Now onward I shall go.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited April 2014

Black Dorito here.  Our band must do salsa.

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited April 2014

Blue polka-dot cheese. (In my pj's)

I was lying in my yoga class tonight thinking of 'No-pant Java' and trying not to laugh. 

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

Blue gingerale and crackers here.....fighting a tummy issue Sick

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Shoot, Nihahi, we are a pair.

I'm trying to figure out how to get down to California in May to at least help my folks a little in their move to San Diego. They are thinking the move is the right thing to do---yay! I can't do that much with these finicky arms and I still feel I could freak out  while there for various reasons....but at least I may be able to postpone my colonoscopy! There is always a silver lining, haha.

Khaki pizza.

• Cherrie
    edited April 2014

A truly amazing person and great surgeon. Hard to say goodbye, but onward we go. Just had to share this wonderful person with you. 

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited April 2014

We've been a quiet bunch!  The visit to the oncologist went fine, no big news.  I'll have my yearly CT/PET later in May.  I'm hot and cold about those darn things.  One the one hand, it puts my mind to rest about all the twinges, aches, and itches I've experienced over the last year.  On the OTHER hand, my mind goes to a place where my MO calls and says "we need to talk..."  Urgh.  Oh well...like everything else in the FBC experience, I will just buck up, shut up, and get it over with.

And now, a glimpse of my beautiful pink tornado!

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited April 2014

Oh, I love all the pictures.  Grand babies are so cute, Liefie and Sbe!  Cherrie, nice pic. Congratulations!  It's great that you had such a good connection. 

Blue Buffalo Chicken.

Liefie, love the 50s pic.  You do look great!

Jeannie, hope your cold is better.  Bosum, sounds like your son may be back.

Fierce, which pockets are we in anyway?  Love you all.  ...Julie

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

grey carrot sticks....checking in! 

Tummy all better, but doing RC stuff again Tues and Thursdays. Gotta dash cause I'm taking the bike for it's spring tuneup tonight. 

Love, love, love the pics.....I agree cherrie....you ARE an amazing woman, though I bet you meant your PS!

• Zenful
    edited April 2014

Love the pics. Cherrie, it's nice that you have a picture with the woman that changed your life in such a big way  I wish I would have thought to get a pic with my PS. 

• Zenful
    edited April 2014

Sbe, I guess I could have written the same words for you... Just replace "woman" with "beautiful girl"!!!  

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Cherrie, what a wonderful pic! You look great.

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

sbe...put on your runners....she looks like a "mover"!!!NerdyGreat news on the onco visit. How is that metformin trial going for you???

Jeannie and Fierce....hoping things went well in both "worlds" today....

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Sbel, I always like to hear about good appointments! Mine is in two weeks. I understand the angst. Every new skin issue drives me to the dermatologist. Last time she said I have excema, from STRESS!  I never know if some new skin thing is excema or worse. I could sure spend a lot of time worrying. Trying not to waste those precious moments that way and trust instead.  I love the look on Aubrey's face, your pink tornado!

• liefie
    edited April 2014

Black buttermilk bread

Cherrie, you look wonderful. What a milestone, and so special you got a pic with her! I'm seeing my PS for the last time on May 8, and will ask for a photo too. She was the beacon of light that kept me going, and made me whole.

Aubrey sure has a mischievous look on that cute little face. Pink tornado - LOL!

All those of you with check-ups and drs appointments looming, all the best to you. I guess none of us will ever go to see a dr again without thinking those thoughts . . . just part of our new reality. We are strong, and we can do it.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited April 2014

Love the pics!

Blue buffalo chicken is a great band name.  So is pink tornado for that matter! Love the glint in her eye!

I have not found a good way to manage stress. Meditation helps for 10 minutes or so, but can't keep those calming thoughts going. Praying helps, but lately finding even that is stressful because I'm thinking about things.  WHen you're in the heat of the battle, I'm not sure it's even possible to reduce stress. Thinking about asking for an antidepressant but not sure which one. I'm depressed I need antidepressants!