Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited May 2014

ROFLMAO  FBB!  Thanks for the laugh.......   Winking

Checking in here to see if Sbe got my message:  Check.  Will see you 5ish Sunday night......will call you if anything changes

Jeannie!  so excited for DH-will keep everything crossed for him and good news for the both of you1

Everyone-have a wonderful weekend.....leaving tomorrow for Sunny LA.....DD just booked the lead in an independent film titled "Saturn Returns"........actually looks pretty decent!  She's excited......I just hope my week down there isn't spent going from production studio to wardrobe to.........If you want to check it out, go to IMDB and type in the name Saturn Returns....

I keep you ladies in my thoughts and heart, always. XO

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited May 2014

Jeannie!  YAY YAY YAY!  We're all thrilled for you and Tom...no matter what, it's uplifting and exciting.  YAY!!!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited May 2014

Everything is crossed, Jeannie. With all your "peeps" praying for you and DH , something is ready to happen!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited May 2014

movie....travel safely and have a WONDERFUL visit with DD and of course, with sbe....

sbe...good lord, a 3 hour pre-op at this stage????? You must have been foaming at the mouth to get out of there.

Fierce....around here, the theory is wearing bells while hiking is like ringing the dinner bell for the bears, and otherwise just really, really ticks off your fellow hikers. Loopy

No bears spotted today, but they certainly are out and about, according to the bear reports. The find of the day was lots of Calypso orchids, instead.

View photo.JPG in slide show

• sbelizabeth
    edited May 2014

Ooh!  Ooh!  Nihahi, they're so beautiful!  I saw just ONE while I was hiking in Colorado and considered myself lucky.  You found a whole field of them.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited May 2014

oooh...beautiful! We have lady slippers in our woods, but those orchids are gorgeous!

Doing the rain-dance-waving-career- feng shui energies in Jeannie's direction!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited May 2014

Lol, thanks FBB. I feel better already.

Thanks for the hugs, prayers, good thoughts, body parts crossed, etc., everyone!

Nihahi, what a beautiful blessing to come upon! I have some terrestrial orchids about to bloom in my garden but they are small, nothing like what you posted! Currently, I don't want to garden because it is a bad tent caterpillar year. We get these huge tents of caterpillars in birches, cherries, etc. and as they mature they eat the leaves of the trees, poop and fall to the ground to eat some more and hide until they are moths. We have a huge birch tree, so.....it is raining caterpillars and poop everywhere, all day! You can actually hear it all falling! I only have two roses and all the leaves are gone, buds remaining. Yuk, yuk, yuk. This is so much worse than we've experienced in our 18 years here! Weird year. Everything is growing bigger, blooming more and bigger. There are caterpillars everywhere I walk in my town right town. Sci-fi movie suggestion! I am thankful, though, for the gorgeous weather we're having.

• nihahi
    edited May 2014

fierce....ladyslippers are just starting to bloom here..and I mean "just". Have spotted some yellow ones. But my favs are the white "sparrow's egg" and the white and burgundy "mountain ladyslippers"....as you can guess....I'll be posting some when I come across this years batches. Currently trying to round up enough companions to go on a Glacier Lily hunt. Since they are also much loved as a food source by bears.....I'm not willing to do those trails solo!!!!

jeannie....yucko re: tent caterpillars...they are soooooo gross!!!!! You're going to have to wear protective gear when you're out gardening!

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited June 2014

Jeannie - This  Canadian contingent Tom 'n Jeannie Fan Club is sending all our positives your way. I'm crossing my fingers and Jed the Basset Hound is crossing his stubby little legs. 

(In answer to your long ago question 'Canuck' is not a derogatory term at all. In fact, the Olympic ski team were referred to as the 'Crazy Canucks' and there a sports team in Vancouver called the 'Canucks'.  But I think it's used by other nationalities more than it's used by us)

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

sbe.....will be thinking of you tomorrow.....sending positive vibes for a fantastic LAST surgery, and happy hyperbaric chamber sessions!

edited to add.....I think of you every day....but will ESPECIALLY be sending those vibes on WEDNESDAY!!!!!!  (thanks jeannie)

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Nihahi, I think Sbel's surgery is Wednesday?

Okay, you pink-haters and others. Tom and I did the Komen 5K Race for the Cure (or mosey for the cure, in our case) this morning. (Tom raised $400)  It was a good time for me to reflect on these past two and a half sometimes hellish years of surgeries, treatments, recon, LE. For the Survivor Parade afterwards, 

we are grouped by "years out" and I held the sign and led the 2-5 year group. I remember two years ago when I was in the 0-1 year group shortly after my BMX and just starting chemo. I only walked the one mile that day and was nervous about everything I was still facing. With nipple tattoos this coming Friday, I feel like I can celebrate and really be "Movin' On."  If Tom gets this job, I will have even more to celebrate this week!

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

Good for you jeannie....I'm not a Komen fan, but I'm most DEFINITELY a fan of yours!

• sbelizabeth
    edited June 2014

I'm with Nihahi, Jeannie--I'm not a Komen fan, but I would walk to Washington and back for you! 

And yes, my hopefully next-to-last surgery is Wednesday.  For this course, we're serving a shaping, lifting and evening out of the girls, the addition of fipple #2, and a revision of the abdominal incision.  There will be no hyperbaric treatment needed for Wednesday's procedure.

God willing, the last surgery will be scheduled in 3-4 months, when my PS will attack the radiation burn scar on my back again.  There's still some scarring that limits my shoulder mobility.  After surgery, I'll do hyperbaric treatments again--it's beneficial for the fast healing of radiation-damaged tissue.

Monday and Tuesday will be spent scrambling around getting caught up--any maybe a little ahead--at work. 

The hubs and I met Movie and her family for dinner!  Fabulous Mexican food and even more fabulous company.  Of course, we squeezed into the bathroom for show and tell.  I can't wait to meet more of our gaggle in September.

Have a great week, everyone!

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

prayers for you, Sbel.

I haven't done much celebrating or focused reflection, really, in awhile. Today gave me a chance to think about what I've come through and "tie a bow on it.""

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

ok....so obviously I was having a "senior moment" sbe, ......as I got so many details wrong about your "next" op. Regardless...still sending you hugs, smiles, positive vibes and a napkin for that salsa spill on your shirt. Going to bed now, to look for my missing brain.

hugs to all.

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited June 2014

Hi girls, I'm reading, but not posting much. Still struggling to come to grips with Mom's passing. Although it was expected, it still hit hard. Went back to the gym today, and it felt good. Was in Las Vegas for the weekend with DH who attended a conference there. Did not really enjoy it in my present state of mind.

Jeannie, so happy to hear your excitement, and I do pray for good news for you guys.

Movie and Sbel, glad you guys could meet up again. Hope everything goes well tomorrow, Sbe, and Movie, it seems your DD is getting ahead in movie world - good for her.  All the best with your mom too.

Everybody else, take care.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2014

Jeannie, still crossing and praying!  sbe, thinking of you.  liefie, praying for peace and strength.  I don't think we are ever ready to lose our parents.  

IU West near Indianapolis had a survivors event yesterday.  It was really nice.  Here is my gang that attended.  My son-in-law, youngest daughter, and grand kids.  You can see that pink still works for me!

Hope it is a good week everyone!  ...Julie

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

BosomBlues, thanks. Of course, I will be with you tomorrow, praying for calm, wisdom, peace. 

Liefie, I am sorry.  I can't know your grief. My parents are frail so I know the day is coming. I think sometimes parents provide that buffer between us and beyond, our protectors, even if we don't live nearby to talk or visit often. I can only imagine what you are going through but trust you will process everything in your own time. May your memories come to comfort you and may "the God of all comfort" be there for you, too.

Julie, great photo! Your shirt looks similar to mine....

Thanks, cindybthenp.

• GwennyMD
    GwennyMD Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2014

Liefie - Moms are special and I know how difficult it is to lose one.You must allow yourself to grieve.  It is part of the healing process.  You are in my prayers.

Jeannie - You and Tom are always in my prayers.  You too Fierce.

Bosom - You will have to wear cargo pants so that there is room for all of us to be in your pockets.  Just remember YOU ARE A SURVIVOR.  YOU CAN HANDLE ANYTHING.

Hugs to all.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited June 2014

Popping in, I read and  said my cheers and prayers as I was reading.....with each of you that needs it. Hugs to all.

Thing 1 graduates tomorrow night! Open house invites went in mail today. 

Mom and dad are hanging in there. Flights are booked to Merida, Mexico, for the end of the month. 

I think of you each every day. Cannot wait for things to slow down a bit so I can spend more time here. I miss you all!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited June 2014

Bosum , in your pockets. Sbe, sending fabulous boob vibes your way. Jeannie, still keeping you and hubby in my prayers. 

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited June 2014

Nihahi- I love, love, love your pictures. 

Jeannie- I am so excited for you guys. This sounds good. So hoping for good news for you and Tom.

Julie- what a nice picture of you and your family.

Bosum- We are so there with you. You are going through so much but you have come so far. I hear the strength in your voice that wasn't there a few months ago. You really are a strong warrior woman!!!!

Bailey- Hang in there girl!

SBL- thinking of you tomorrow. 

Liefie- It truly is a process to "let go"! Think of all the beautiful memories you have. That is a gift they give us. I have a picture of my parents in the living room and I talk to them often. 

My daughter and grandchildren left at 6:00 AM today. Elly's last words were, "I love you grandma!" My precious babies. I will see them the last week of July. 

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited June 2014

Thanks for your kind words, everybody. Time will heal the sorrow, and yes, I grew up in a happy home with two loving parents who always had my best interest at heart. So I have nothing but wonderful, amazing memories. Feeling grateful and blessed.

Bosum, we are here for you, and it does not matter if it is a bc issue or not. Stay strong - I'm sure everything will work out for you tomorrow.

Sbe, hope you are doing well. Did you see Wilbur?

Jeannie, thinking of you and Tom.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited June 2014

Bosum- Hang in there and keep moving forward with your life. Onward!! Sounds like the ex is going backwards unlike you. Try to get him right out of your mind and stay busy busy busy as you move forward. It sucks that it drags on BUT you WILL get through this. 

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited June 2014

liefie, sending you many hugs. This week a few years ago I lost my mom. I still miss her terribly. Every holiday, and sometimes even just seeing something that reminds me of her, I still feel that sense of loss. You never get over it, but it does get less painful with time. Hang on to those happy memories. She's still with you in spirit.

Sbel, best of luck tomorrow!

After a really difficult doctor appt. to get through (it will take me some praying & processing) I came home to find a true gift of the heart. A beautiful card and tile from Jeannie!

Jeannie, thank you so much! You have no idea how much this touched me. I really needed it especially today. 

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

FierceBlueBird, I am so glad it meant something to you. I'm sorry you had a rough Dr.'s appt. You know we all are like a flock of Angry Birds, ready to fight for you and with you in any way we can! I am fluttering away in your pocket right now, saying prayers for you.

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Bosom, Cherrie is right. You are strong and are moving forward. Don't let him drag you back or down. Don't give the precious space in your mind and heart to negative thoughts. It only hurts you, not them.  (Geez, I'm sounding like a bossy mom.)

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited June 2014

I am always amazed at the love and support that is woven into this thread......it never disappears!  I love it!

I am in sunny SoCal, and managed to have dinner with Sbe(did I already post that?) and see her "befores"... Probably won't be able to see the "afters" until September.....she is such a dear! I hope Wilbur finds HER.....so she's not out looking for HIM!

Enjoying time with oldest DD-she just booked the lead in an independent film titled "Saturn Returns". I got to read the script, which is well-written, and the story is a familiar one.....about evaluating the life you are leading at certain times in your life...ie: 30, 60, 90(!). Erin plays Sienna, a lawyer, and she is about to marry ......   The movie has its own website:   www.saturnreturns.net

I am thrilled for her......

Bosom....hang in there.......you DO sound stronger.....remember to just put one foot in front of the other.

Julie, enjoyed your photo !

Cherrie-things seem so quiet once the GKs leave, don't they?   

Liefie-think of you every time I have "Mom" issues......XO

FBB-that's our Jeannie......very sweet and thoughtful ...... Sending you a Movie(((hug))) from LA-you know we are always here for you........

Nihahi, thanks for the ever-beautiful scenery you post for us here.....love it!

Well.....back to enjoying my vacation.....just wanted you all to know I am ALWAYS thinking about you!

XO

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

sbe...thinking of you today...enjoy that illegal cup of coffee this morning....then sail thru the latest surgery. Say "hi" to Wilbur for us all.

jeannie...such a sweet thing to do for Fierce. Surely karma will pay it back this week!!!!!! (Still hoping for good news while crossing everything crossable).

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited June 2014

movie, dd Erin is BEAUTIFUL, just like her mom. Good luck sbe. I agree with nihahi (I have to count how many times I've said that), jeannie, good karma will pay it back! (((((fbb)))))

I've an area on my rightie (the FBC side) that is pink/red and peeling like an onion for a few weeks now. pcp suggested that I see ps. Yesterday, ps took a "punch biopsy" of the area. I am sticking my head into the sand and saying "it's nothing, it's nothing, it's nothing......"