Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited June 2014

Oh, morningsun....watch out because my head is right next to yours in the sand!  Sending you good luck and hopefully it's just a dermatitis or incignificant  incidentaloma.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited June 2014

morningsun, I would do the same...when do you get results? 

Nihahi, I hope you don't cramp up with everything crossed. Hubs heard from HR last night that they are checking his references. When that is done, she will let the team know what ref.s said,then presumably put an offer together. We are looking at Friday for that, probably. Still tempering excitement but feeling a little relief. Hubs heard from the 3 references HR talked to. They told her to hire him.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited June 2014

Oh, Jeannie, what encouraging news!  We are storming the throne for you and Tom! 

FBB, what a lovely encouragement and reaching out of love from dear Jeannie.  Our arms are around you.

Mornigsun, don't you just hate it that something you would have blown off as a big mosquito bite before FBC is now something worth of a biopsy?  But I don't believe I've read that "peeling" is a sign of FBC.  Is it painful?  Might be a spot of infected something. 

I'm enjoying my small cup of scandalously contraband black coffee.  I lazed in bed until 0830 (unheard of around here) and got up to find Jerry had made our traditional cookies to bring to the OR crew, and now he's out mowing the lawn.  Today, we have been married 37 years.  I have been blessed.

It's Wilbur time at 1300!  Let's get this show on the road!

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Happy anniversary, Sbel! What a way to celebrate! Thanks for stormin' for us, doing the same for you today! I hope everything goes smoothly and you heal well.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited June 2014

Thinking of you Sbe!!!  May the force of Wilbur be with you!

Jeannie, it sounds promising!  Keeping things crossed. 

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited June 2014

Oh Jeannie, this sounds good. Sending those positive vibes for sure.

SBL- you are in la la land, but can't wait to hear from you. Sweet Sweet Wilbur. Happy anniversary.

Movie- Your DD is a beautiful woman. You must be so proud of her. 

Fierce- you are on all of our minds. Jeannie is very thoughtful to reach out to you.

Can someone PM me with our list of people and addresses, etc. I cannot find it. :(

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited June 2014

I'll send you the list, cherrie.

sbe.you're likely hanging with Wilbur at the moment....I think it might be his first invite to a wedding anniversary! Hope everything went wonderfully, you now have that missing nip, and will wake up happy. Sending you hugs.

jeannie...that sounds soooooooo promising. It is impossible to explain how much we are all "hoping" for you.

morningsun....hugs, hugs hugs and more hugs. Deep breaths sweetie.....we are hoping in your pockets, and will hang out there until the "good news" comes. Do you have a timeline for when to expect the results?? I agree, it's likely not something related to FBC, but I'd likely be pulling the covers over my head too. Having the doc decide a biopsy was needed certainly ranks right up there with "causes of anxiety"....again...hugs, hugs, hugs.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited June 2014

Nihahi, could you send it to me too please? Thanks! 

sbel and Wilbur are having their tryst about now!  

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited June 2014

Thanks, my cyber friends, you are the only ones who understand. Mostly likely I won't hear the results until Monday because ps is out of town for a meeting for the rest of the week. 

I better get busy.

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

Hang in there Tammy.....106 days and counting!!!!!

• lahela
    lahela Member Posts: 145
    edited June 2014

FBB & Morningsun, my fingers are crossed for good results! Jeannie, my toes are crossed for DH!

SBE, I hope Wilbur treats you well. He joined my DH and me in ICU the day after my DIEP for our 25th anniversary. So romantic! LOL!

Movie, I checked our your DD on imdb and she's gorgeous and undoubtedly so talented!

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2014

Movie, your DD is so beautiful.  I'm sure you are so very proud of her.  Keep enjoying your vacation!  Morningsun, we will take up the chant with you and go with the power of positive thinking.  Wow, I didn't know you could sneak in a cup of coffee.  Thinking of you sbe.  Jeannie, you are my hero.  You are so positive and now we see you are one of those really thoughtful people that actually carries out a plan.  Praying hard!  FBB, you know we are all in your corner or pockets or where ever you need us to be.  Bailey, hope Dad is doing better.  Bosom, it is unfair that this is dragging out so long.  Hang tough and it will all be in the rear view mirror some day.  Love to all!  ...Julie

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited June 2014

Morningsun, big hugs to you, and fingers crossed. Yes, we know exactly what it feels like to get a scare like that, don't we? 

FBB, big hugs to you too, and what a wonderful gesture from our Jeannie - she is such a sweetheart! Things are sounding so good, Jeannie, and I'm willing it to happen for you guys. 

Sbe, hope you, Jerry and Wilbur had a good time at your 'anniversary celebration' in the OR. Enjoy that new body part, girl - I'm still amazed when I look at mine. How's the little pink chimpanzee? LOL.

Zenful, Cherrie, Julie, Movie, Nihahi, Bosum, Lahela, good wishes to you all. September is not too far any more - YAY!!!

I've been in bed these last two days with a very sore back, an old injury that I hurt again on Tuesday morning. Came home after a very good gym workout, bent over to untie my shoelaces, and BAM, my back did the old thing again. Getting a little better now - DH pumped me full of muscle relaxants and painkillers - but moving like a tortoise crossed with a  snail. It's my own fault, because the only thing that keeps my back from doing that is stretching and yoga, which I did not do regularly these past few months, so can blame only myself. Will do better.

• Cherrie
    edited June 2014

Oh no Liefie! Hope healing comes fast for you. Take care of yourself.

• Zenful
    edited June 2014

Liefie, take care of that back.  We need you in shape for yoga in September!

Okay ladies, I finally got brave enough to post pictures on the picture site. I even posted the "not-so-great" before pictures and the "was happy but they really didn't look that great" after Stage 1 pics.  Embarrassing, but I hope it helps someone.

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

zenful....you'll never know how many ladies you help with those photos. Yep, takes a real dose of "courage" to post on the photo site....but...your results are AMAZING!!!! So happy for you...what wonderful results you have.

liefie....ouch....so sorry to hear about the back. Don't beat yourself up that it's "your fault" though. Stress seeks out our weakest spots, and you have had a good dose of that lately. I'm sure, the stress and tension you have been through, found a way to physically express itself by messing with your back. Take care...get better....hugs!

Well W3 people....I just booked my flights. Prices have not changed for awhile, and reasonable flight times without absurd layovers were vanishing quickly. As it is, I had to revise my travel days. But.....I am now the owner of confirmed tickets!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Zenful, I'm sure your photos will help many. You look great!

Liefie, so sorry about the back. Thank goodness for muscle relaxers! I had to take one yesterday for my neck. I hope you are up and at 'em soon.

Thanks, friends, for the compliments. A friend of mine gave me the little tile with the bluebird on it that FBB mentioned awhile ago. The saying on it is currently my "tag line." I thought of our dear FierceBluebird and set it aside to mail with a blue bird card I found. It sat on my desk for days and days.....so really it was a serendipitous or "God-thing" that FBB received it on the very day she needed it most. I can't take credit for that at all.....love you, FBB!

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

jeannie.....book your "celebration" dinner.......tomorrow will be YOUR day!!!! Isn't it tattoo day for you....and "you're hired" day for hubby???

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

HappyYes, Nihahi! It is definitely tattoo day and hopefully "job" day! I wish you all could celebrate with me.  I will really miss the pool for 3-4 weeks. I have been meeting there with new friends a few times a week and working out on our own. Thankfully, there are plenty of other things to do, especially with this perfect weather. I can hardly believe I will be getting tats tomorrow. I'll probably need a touch up a few months later. Someday I hope to be and to feel DONE! Definitely moving on, though. Happy

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

OK....I obviously need tattoo education. Why no pool for that long???? I was thinking maybe a couple days, max????

• Cherrie
    edited June 2014

CELEBRATION! Tat and job day. We will all be celebrating with you. Let us know where we are going. :)

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Nihahi, I don't know. Infection? I know they do have to heal. I have to put A&D or Aquaphor on them and top with nonstick pads. Hopefully I will heal really fast and fudge the pool restrictions.

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

oh good lord....MORE OINTMENT and PADS!!!! That scenario didn't work well for me for the nip recon.

Fudge would be good right now! We had some very suspiciously thick rain "flakes" today, and have a frost warning for tonight. I'm going into denial mode.

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Yay, Nihahi, for flights purchased! We really will hug in person! Hey, is anyone who is going to the meetup NOT a hugger???? You might have to hold me back....

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Nihahi, I knew you would react to "ointment" so I was trying to allay your fears---Aquaphor or diaper cream cause you problems? Hope not.  I sincerely hope you don't have any more rain flakes or worse!

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

jeannie....you read me very well.....I'm going to refuse to panic until tat time, and I haven't even booked it yet.

I'm a hugger too...those who aren't....you could be in biiiiiiiiigggggg trouble!

• Zenful
    edited June 2014

I'm a big hugger, too. W3 could be one huge hugfest!

Thanks for the kind words, Nihahi. You have inspired me to get my tickets booked.  

Good luck tomorrow, Jeannie. We will be with you in spirit for your double celebration!

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

DH is on the phone with the HR lady..........and IT'S A YES!!! DH got the job! She's going over benefits right now......

• nihahi
    edited June 2014

HURRAY.....HURRAY.....HURRAY!!!!!!!!

OMG.....SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND HUBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Big sigh of relief. Last unemployment check is next week. Nerdy