Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited August 2014

Yuk! I'm looking for elk on the Elk Trail. 

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited August 2014

I will come along too, if it is nice an warm.  Movie, I'm going to hang back with you.  Jeannie and Bailey, please make sure you scare the bears off in the right direction.  Can't imagine that any bear will be too scared by you two!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited August 2014

jeannie, elks maybe more scary than bears.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited August 2014

Yikes ! I am staying in the backpack and away from the nature and it's scat!!!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited August 2014

All my visitors left a week ago. I was bone-tired, have been in 'recovery' mode, and very lazy since they left. Been reading here all the time, but somehow had nothing worthwhile to contribute. Bailey, you are so right in that I also did not feel like commenting here lately since FBB left us. I still feel so very sad for her family. It also brought home to me very clearly once again that this disease is deadly, and we never know who will be next. Fact is we are here to support each other no matter what, and it is good to see the humour returning to our posts. Life goes on, we are still here, and we have to continue somehow or other.

The get together is approaching fast now. Movie and I have a few things up our sleeves, and it is going to be sooo good to meet all of you finally. Have so far met Nihahi, Jeannie and Movie in person. Maybe we can do something there to commemorate FBB. I will like that.

Here is Emily.

She is 5 months old already . . .

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2014

She's a doll, Liefie. We do a great job of supporting each other here. Frankly, I've never experienced anything quite like it! So grateful.

• bailey6760
    edited August 2014

Oh, Liefie, Emily is adorable :) I've been wondering how you were doing after the wild rumpus. So good to hear from you. 

Yes, we will carry on because we must. I think a special time together to remember FBB would be very nice and I would like that very much, too.

On the good news front (albeit small) thing 1 found out today that he and his friend are the only two people assigned to a four person suite in the dorm, so they each get their own room and have a "living room" to share. He is thrilled to have his own space. I had one scary college roommate.....and one who became my lifelong friend, so you never know.

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited August 2014

Emily is precious!

• liefie
    edited August 2014

Bailey, good for thing 1 - one's own room in college is BIG! In my 5 years at university I had one scary roommate in my second year. She had long fingers, and would steal stuff from packages that my mom sent me even before I could open it myself. Did not take long before she moved to another room, and I got a very pleasant roommate that I still have contact with after all this time. Those were such wonderful years, but I never want to be that stupid ever again - lol.

Thanks Jeannie and Teacher!

• bailey6760
    edited August 2014

Hahaha! Liefie, well said! I absolutely loved college life, but I would only go back if I got to take the last 30 years of knowledge and experience WITH me....I was pretty daft myself Loopy

• liefie
    edited August 2014

Bailey, I always wonder what it would be like to be born old with all the knowledge, wisdom and experience, and then get younger . . . a crazy idea, I know. Lol.

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited August 2014

bear poop goes to Jeannie's garden Happy

Emily is adorable, liefie, can't believe she is five months old ready. Where are the birthday baby's pictures, sbe? Did nihahi go visit the bears?

45 days. Can't wait. Nite nite.

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2014

Liefie, there was a movie about that, something about Benjamin Button...I thought it was awful!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited August 2014

Katy's Toe

Boy howdy, did I love college.  Freedom!  Friends!  All-nighters!  French fries that didn't pause to deposit calories on their way!

Liefie, Emily is adorable, and you're so clearly in love. 

I'll post some Aubrey birthday party photos, but for now, here's a disgusting photo of my healing toe.  The bruising is clearing up and the pin that goes through the whole toe and sticks out the top gets pulled Friday.  Tomorrow I'll be sporting a pink bow on it.

Love you guys!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited August 2014

Happy Birthday, Aubrey!  Apparently the custom now is to throw an all-out bash on the first birthday.  My son and daughter-in-law barbecued and baked and decorated for months.  The last photo is Aubrey, bathed and changed after the cake attack, and too tired to open her gift, so she just laid across it. 

For me...after the "you have breast cancer" talk in 2011, I wasn't sure I'd ever hold a grandchild.  Thank you!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2014

Awww, Sbel, sweet! 

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited August 2014

Wowzer, what awesome baby pics today ladies!!!! Both Aubrey and Emily are adorable, and how much they have changed in a few months time. Thank you for sharing those little ones with the rest of us.

sbe...I hate extruding pins....truly about the only medical thing that gives me the willies. Are you gonna watch them reverse drill it out!?? euwwwww......

jeannie.....wonderful news from you today!!!!!

I haven't read the fine print yet re: hot tub....but I just know in 45 days Mt Hood will never be the same.....

hahaha re: all the bear poop jokes....if you'd all been there for real....there certainly would have been poop I bet, and not from the beasties. 

After driving 2 hours to the trailhead....WE NEVER GOT OUT OF THE CAR TO HIKE!!!!! 

Good lord, I've never seen so many bears (all grizzlies) in the same area. As soon as one would disappear into the bush, another one would pop out a short distance away. After we spotted the first one, we thought, welllllll maybe....then after we spotted the second one....we thought....hmmm, probably not a good idea.....the third one.....ok, we are smarter than to try this, right!!!.......the mom and baby using the hydro pole as a back scratcher sealed the deal...NOPE!!!!!!!

Most of them were already into frenzy feeding and we wanted no part of hiking in their backyard. Sadly, many other trailheads in that area were closed or cautioned because of bears, so we gave up on the idea. Went and had some yummy ice cream cones which we shared with a chipmunk instead. 

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2014

Nihahi, excellent decision!!! Great photos, too.

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited August 2014

Ladies, go back to my bear/human photo.......look closely in lower right corner......that's right, it's HUMAN scat!!!!!!!!!

Shocked

Mt. Hood will NEVER be the same.......

Winking

Me......

P.S.  LOVED ALL the photos, both bears AND humans, too!

• nihahi
    edited August 2014

movie....Ade and I still can't get over you doing the Highline.....Nooooooot happening for us, baby!!!!!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited August 2014

Meh......it weren't no biggie.......I kept my eyes closed through the scary parts.........Nerdy

You're up kinda late, aren't you?

• nihahi
    edited August 2014

Just unwinding from the day....somehow I think I'll be dreaming of teddybears tonight. But.....it's time to head off to bed. 

It is going to be one hell of a pajama party ladies.....cannot wait!!!!!!

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited August 2014

Lieflie, Emily is absolutely adorable!  We babysat twice in the past few weeks and it made me realize I had better get my energy up if I am going to ever have grandchildren, whew!  I forgot how busy little ones are!

Sbel- Aubrey is truly precious as well!  What a lovely family!

Started moving my son into his apartment he will share with 4 other guys.  He is the last man in so has the room on the 3rd floor that is something out of a novel, crack between the window and the frame and so on but it is super exciting for him.  We brought some of the dry goods he will need this year and just were there to scope out what he needs.  No curtain rods hahaha.  Gotta love college kid rental apartments.  There is a sink in that doesn't work so I told him that will be nice to put a plant in or something.  It was a fun day.  

Daughter (24) is on a YWAM trip to Thailand, has been gone since April 3 and returns September 13.  There is certainly a lot for them to see, help with,  and experience.  She will be forever changed.    

Getting stage 2 today at noon.  Why I am up at 2 am I have no idea but will go back to bed since now I can sleep in since time was changed.  Unlike many am only getting the headlights added.  Thanks for letting me ramble.  Have a great day everyone!  

Nihahi, I love your pictures.  Furthermore I am thinking staying in the car was sound decision making!

Make sure when you all get together to post pictures!  No doubt you will have a great time and please know that those of us who were not involved with this thread as much as you were when Fierce was with us are praying for you all and her family as you think of her.  The limited contact I had with her, she was definitely living up to her name!  Sorry for your loss.

• liefie
    edited August 2014

Nihahi, great pictures of the grizzlies, and wise decision to stay in the car!

Sbe, that looks like some party, eh? Aubrey is too cute, and growing up too fast. Her parents are equally cute.

Enjoy, best wishes for stage 2. After stage 1 it's no big deal, really. I hope you sleep well for the rest of the night!

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2014

Enjoyeverymoment, hope you are resting by now! I'll be thinking of you, getting your headlights. I hope you will be pleased! You are moving on. 

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited August 2014

Jeez - those are some cute babies. But what about those grown-ups?! Sbelizabeth - your son and daughter in law looked like they just stepped out of a photo shoot for beautiful healthy people with nice teeth. Gorgeous!

Enjoy - as Jeannie said, Good Luck with your 'headlights'!

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited August 2014

Sweet birthday photos

Loved the bears, especially those scratching their backs

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2014

Well, next Wednesday I will have my quiet house go to a very loud, busy and fun house!!  Husband is leaving on Friday with his brother to go to San Antonio and move my daughter, grandsons(4 and 18 months) and two cats!!  On top of that, my cat Maggie will cop a vocal-attitude with hissing and growling!! Yikes, thank goodness for Macks earplugs!!  While hubby is away, my dad and wife are coming on Saturday to enjoy the Tigers vs Blue Jays game while playing canasta!!  

On a side note, I am wearing my abdominal binder from Diep for my back.  We have put a floor light under my dresser to guide my way so no more falling in the dark!!  My L1 is healing but I think it is going to take time.  I am getting around better but the pain is there. Morphine pills make me too dizzy so not taking them.

Here's a picture of Maggie:

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2014

How is the bear hunt going?  As a retired preschool teacher, the kids would go on a "bear hunt" and make all kinds of sounds on the floor with hands, feet, and mouths!!  I miss those days.  sigh

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2014

Beautiful kitty! Please take care of yourself, Kat-ski.