Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited August 2014

I returned to cell phone range on Monday and brought bronchitis with me. This is my first day on BCO as I am in a recliner buzzed on Nyquill. Last Saturday was our best sunset at Lake Michigan and I thought of Bluebird and all of you. My candle is still lit. I am sad but happy she has no pain.

Katy- What did you do to your foot? I have not gone back 12 pages to read so I am sure I missed a lot. Please excuse me for that. Great pics of Aubrey and family.

Bailey- nice boots. I bought waterproof hikers last year for Seattle and will bring those again. 

Kat- back issues again???? You sure have had your obstacles. Don't let those grand babies jump on you. ;-)

Nihahi- those pics are amazing. I want to take a hike there with you too. Do you carry any safety items for these encounters. I don't think pepper spray would do it. 

Jeannie- I think I missed your boobiversary. Congrats.

Movie- hope you are hanging in there. Care taking is so hard at times. 

Morning, BB, Marty, etc. Hope all is well. 

I don't post much, but I will try to do a better job of keeping up with my best online friends. Xoxoxo

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited August 2014

Just checkin in to say I am so tickled with the nipple reconstruction.  Didn't realize how happy I would be and I actually teared up looking at them.  Respect those who make other choices including those who wish to be flat, but for me it was the right choice.  Pain pretty minimal (numbness, such a minor surgery) but I am in la la land.  I could never be a chronic drug user, I seem to be knocked out pretty well post anesthesia and took one Percocet and yow.  

Katski, your cat is adorable!  I love her eyes.  Hope that L1 is soon healed, obviously I get your response to Morphine, it is zonky.

Lieflie, I love that you and Sherrie and Movie and Jeannie have FBB honored with your picture.  I read back over the thread and saw how truly cool, beautiful and amazing she was.  I was crying by the time I got through some of her posts and the way she was used in so many other's lives.  A truly amazing woman.

Edited to say, Sbel, I was just looking at your toe picture.  OUCH!  Will be glad when you get that pin out!

Hi to everyone else, Cindy

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited August 2014

Enjoy, just a quick check-in to congratulate you on the nipples/fipples/whatever we call them here. So happy it is done, and now you can look forward. Woot woot!

Kat-ski, beautiful cat! Take good care of yourself.

Cherrie, hope you will get over the bronchitis soon. Not nice to have in summer, neither winter for that matter - lol.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited August 2014

Cherrie, I just had my hammertoe fixed--no biggie.  More like a pedicure with anesthesia that insurance paid for.  I want 2014 to be the LAST year for awhile when I have to pay my out-of-pocket maximum, so I'm tuning everything up this year that I can think of. The pin comes out tomorrow--yay!

Nihahi, I'm so jealous that you live close to the fabulous scenery you post here.  It's heavenly.  This is California's ugliest time...everything dry and brown, just waiting to get set on fire.  The grizzly bears are just crazy!  Very picturesque, but I think I'd stay in the car, too! 

Cherrie, my grandma used to rub goose grease on my dad's chest when he was little and had bronchitis.  You might give that a try, although I think you'd need to find a goose, chase it down, etc.  I haven't seen that product in the drugstore.

Kat-ski, lovely kitty.  Beautiful eyes.  Don't let you household chaos tempt you into doing too much with your healing back!

I have a question about fipples.  My PS just does the origami bump construction and tattoos the areola later.  Other PSs graft in the whole thing, which seems to be a bigger deal.  Which makes a nicer fipple?

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited August 2014

Well, Sbel, my PS does what yours does. My new nips have shrunk a lot since Feb. but I like them. The tattoos I got in May are a hot mess but I will get that fixed. If the fix doesn't happen in his office, which I will try first, then I will go to a professional. We have new insurance---aargh!---and this is the only "fixing" I have left this year. I should have listened to the tattooing PA. She showed me colors that didn't look like me. I asked for something darker. Not good. And one is darker than the other. I just remembered that there is a "nipple reconstruction" thread if you want more stories. Yay for getting that pin out!

• liefie
    edited August 2014

Sbe, my origami nipple has shrunk a lot too, but it's okay. I just want to be done. Will see my PS one more time, then get the tattoo. Don't want any more to do with this. Nobody can see or notice the difference anyway, and I'm not running around naked - my career at Hooters had come to a grinding halt . . . We will have a show and tell at Mt Hood. Then you can compare. Don't know what Movie had, but she looks amazing. She, Jeannie and I had a show and tell in the washroom of a restaurant in Seattle. Still wonder what the girl in the next stall was thinking . Lol.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited August 2014

A showdown at Mt. Hood. LOL Except my hubby, no one has even asked to see them. I showed a couple of friends, but they didn't ask. I think they were pretty surprised at how great they looked and that was early on. I had skin and nipple sparring. My nips look deflated, but I'll take them. My Hooter days are over too Liefie. Show and tell. I am laughing already. Imperfect, but definitely a part of me now. 

Michigan is beautiful today. 82 with low humidity. It is green and lush with a blue sky and whispy white clouds. Hmmmmm! 

My coughing was less today and no fever. Very tired, but that could be a Nyquill hangover. 

Love to you all.

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited August 2014

no fipples here, had NSM like Cherrie. Ps wanted them gone, but bs wanted me to keep them. They don't look bad, so I'm glad I sided with bs. Can't wait to see you, fipples/nipple and all...

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited August 2014

well-sitting in ER-waiting for thumb to benumbed upwilbur with me ( Ativan)

I had skate flap and skin grafting from dog ear area..... Thanks for compliment Liefie:) nobody's ever toldmy nipples are amazing !  :D

• liefie
    edited August 2014

Movie, what happened to your thumb? I can see Wilbur is there with you - LOL. And yes, your nipples are stunning.

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited August 2014

All this nip talk is getting me nervously excited. Won't have pre-op til 18th and surgery is on 19th.  Awk!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited August 2014

cut to bone with pill cutter.  Good times.... :D

• liefie
    edited August 2014

Just very happy you did not cut it clean off, Movie! Keep us posted. Wilbur, do your job!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited August 2014

Off to Lake Louise tomorrow to try to hike WITHOUT the bears. Movie.....I'm wrapping you in bubblewrap and tucking you into the pack. I'm thinking somebody else better join us to help keep an eye on her. Any takers?

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2014

Oh, movie, no! I'm glad Wilbur is keeping you company, though! Did you have nipples way back in January when I saw you??

I'm glad you are starting to feel better, Cherrie. I am coming to Ann Arbor in October to spend a few days with my DD and DSIL. I miss them so much! Haven't seen them since Dec. Don't hate me, but we were happily surprised to find out we had enough Amex points for a free ticket! What an unexpected blessing.

I've worked out three days this week in the Y pool---yippee! My bum is getting better. As I walk or run with that water pressure on my legs, I imagine myself at Mt. Hood!

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2014

Marty, it's been a long time coming! It's going to be GREAT!

• nihahi
    edited August 2014

Ann Arbor in October.....should be glorious fall colours!!!!

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited August 2014

I didn't think I cared but all this talk......now I want stunning nipples.

• nihahi
    edited August 2014

bailey.....getting that nipple for me was magical......turned a flap mound, happy as I was with it...into a breast.

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited August 2014

A friend and I had show and tell in a restroom, too. She was going in for DIEP and now wants to see stage 2 results but has to wait til she's back from a cruise. She wants to know what to expect. We've met someone else who will have DIEP in September and she wants to see us both. She said we should come topless to enjoy the shade by her pool. Don't think we will go topless but will enjoy another session of laughter and adult beverages.

• bailey6760
    edited August 2014

Cherrie I hope you feel better soon.....it was a gorgeous day today! Thing 1 and his GF spent the day over on "the West coast" (of Michigan ) and watched the sunset at the dunes. 

• liefie
    edited August 2014

Uh oh, I will have to start exercising seriously to keep up with you guys at Mt Hood . . . maybe I will just stay home, and do the cooking? LOL.

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2014

Liefie, no worries. I have never been able to be consistent about exercise but I keep trying because I know it's a weapon in the no recurrence arsenal. I haven't hiked all summer, really! 

Nihahi, I will come and blow the bear whistle just in case. 

• Morningsun1
    edited August 2014

staying out of this one nihahi, if I fall out of the pack into the lake, I will sink like a rock, can't swim.

• Ashira
    Ashira Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2014

I'm excited for you Marty!

• enjoyevrymoment
    edited August 2014

Marty good luck with your upcoming surgery!  

Cherrie, glad you are feeling better. 

Nihahi, bubble wrap indeed!  Lieflie had better behave herself, she has had more than enough adventure.  Lieflie hope you feel better soon, glad you still have the thumb but yikes!

Teacher, laughed at the picture of you ladies sitting around topless.  Talk about breast cancer awareness.  :)  Let em look.  I am sure you will be looking mahvahlous very soon.  Hope the donor sites are sprucing up.

Jeannie, am with you on wanting to exercise more consistently.  PT gave me such a shot in the arm so hoping to continue.

Moving DS into his apt one step at a time.  He already grabbed the wrong key and locked his main door key in their house.  And, we're off.....  I have heard it said that you want your kids to grow up but then when they do it is sad, but I am ready for him to get his crap together.  He is the best kid ever other than the organizational part.... 

• bailey6760
    edited August 2014

Enjoy.....Thing 1 (my oldest son) moves in to the dorm on the 16th.....counting down...how far away from you is your son's college? We are about 2 hours away from mine.

• enjoyevrymoment
    edited August 2014

Bailey, how cool, your son is going away too!  Best wishes to him.  My son is  a senior and rooming with four other guys in a row house that is only about 45 minutes away; it is ten min from his school.  When he commuted last year I was always worried with the yukky weather/roads so this is nice.  He lived on campus his first year and a half and did fine, other than losing keys etc.... sigh.  I wasn't perfect at his age either and certainly am not now :)  

We are giving him lots of stuff to take, as we are getting older it is amazing how much we are trying to downsize, it is nuts how much junk you can accumulate after 26 years of marriage.  

He went "shopping" in my pantry and I felt terrible like I was a hoarder when I realized I didn't need any of what he took..... yikes

Hope your son does well, Bailey!  Hahahaha "thing 1"

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2014

Happy Weekend Everyone from Snickers:

• Morningsun1
    edited August 2014

Happy Friday, and have a great weekend everyone. Love to all.