Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2014

sbe......sounds like a significant "redo"??? You know we're all hoping for it to go extremely well.....pleasant Wilbur time....relaxing time in the tube.....NO..ABSOLUTELY NO CELLULITIS OR COMPLICATIONS. hugs to you.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited September 2014

Jeannie, I'm so happy for you. Very good news! I'll keep praying the biopsy proves the theory!!!

Sbel in your pockets tomorrow!

Lahela keep deleting!! Praying for you!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited September 2014

Sbel, I had mine "adjusted," too! Quite interesting drawings with the purple pen..... I will be praying hard for you. Smooth sailing this time! Let us know if you watch any great movies!

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2014

Just stopping in for a quick Good Morning!  More later.  After my last post (2 weeks ago on discharge day), I goofed and removed our topic from my favorites.  Spent 2 weeks wondering why no one was posting - feeling abandonedHappy.  Duh!  I did the abandoning.  Just blame it on Wilbur.  See you in a bit for a full "update".

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited September 2014

MartyJ - oh, Wilbur does silly, crazy things!

• lahela
    lahela Member Posts: 145
    edited September 2014

So I had my MRI, but the doctor saw "something" so did a CT as well. He thinks on first impression that it's a vertebral hemangioma (a benign tumor formed by a collection of blood vessels), but I'll have to wait until Tuesday for the final report after he's looked at all the images. Bought a nice bottle of red wine on the way home to help with the wait  ;)

• Teacher64
    edited September 2014

A nice red can cure many things!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited September 2014

Zenful, I'll go directly from the recovery room to the hyperbaric chamber, and Wilbur and I will have a lovely nap in there.  Then there will be daily treatments for about ten days.  I'll take pictures.  Maybe we can catch Wilbur on camera.

The main goal of this "stage XX" is to finish digging out the radiation-damaged tissue on my back, so the shoulder's range of motion is as good as it can be.  Then he'll get the origami nips on the same horizontal plane, and perform some kind of surgical magic on my...lady parts.  He doesn't believe I'll need a drain for any of this.  Yay!

Lahela, the wait is the hard part, as you're well aware.  But almost a week to look at all the images and make up his mind?  Maybe you need to buy HIM a nice bottle of red!

Have a nice Wednesday, everyone--it's going to be a long day at work today...

• nihahi
    edited September 2014

nooooo, noooooo, noooooo!!!!!!!!!

Rock Isle Lake Cam

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014

Lahela, I hoped the wine helped! A week does seem like a long time to wait. Hoping for the best for you.

Marty, too funny. I have deleted "us" by accident occasionally, too but realized it pretty quickly. Oh, Wilbur! I hope you are recovering well.

• sbelizabeth
    edited September 2014

"Sunshine Meadows".... hahahaha....  "and when you visit, don't forget your snowshoes."

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014

Too soon, too soon!

• sbelizabeth
    edited September 2014

The photo tells it all!

• nihahi
    edited September 2014

Congrats Gramma on #2!!!!!!!

• lahela
    lahela Member Posts: 145
    edited September 2014

Nihahi, that does not look sunny and warm!

SBE, congratulations to the family!!!!! Doing the happy dance for you all :)

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited September 2014

Lahela, still thinking of you, and really hoping everything will be a-okay.

Marty, happy to see you here - welcome back!

Sbe, good luck on the revision, and congrats on #2 - how exciting!

On Saturday we're leaving on a cruise. It's our first, and I hope it will be a very positive experience, because DH thinks he's going to feel like a caged tiger on that ship - lol. Our Mt. Hood get together is really coming up fast now. I am flying to Portland today in two weeks! So is Bailey, and together we will shop and prep for our girls' weekend. Looking forward to meet you all!

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014

Congrats on the new little one, Sbel! Double happiness. 

Liefie and Bailey, how great that you will be there early to help out. It really is coming up fast!

• butterfleyez
    butterfleyez Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2014

Sbe that picture is hilarious! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I love how the group "gets in the pockets" it makes a world of difference. Make room for me!

I am on the countdown for taking this compression off. Cant remember who on herr it was that had the oops moment with panties anf compression garments but I just thought you all should know I forgot I had panties on last night... The torch has been passed lol

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014

Oh, Butterfleyez, thanks for sharing! It's good to laugh at the things we go through. I felt so free when I could take off compression. Hated it!

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited September 2014

Lahela, thinking of you and hoping the next week flies right by.  Sbe, that picture is so precious.  You must not be the only one in the family with a humorous side.  Hoping the chamber does it's job and you are all healed up very quickly.  Teacher, if I could sew like that when I'm not blue I would be thrilled.  Jeannie, so happy for your incidentaloma.  I just like that word!  Love to all. ...Julie

• butterfleyez
    butterfleyez Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2014

one more question I wanted to throw out to the group. I am approaching my one year cancer free anniversary and even though I'm still on the recovery train I want to do something to commemorate the journey. I was trying to think of some way to pay it forward. Any ideas or things you may have done? Volunteer? Drives or fundraisers? 

For myself I was thinking a dinner for my caretakers and/ or spa day. Have you guys done anything? Any ideas?

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2014

sbe, Congrats Gramma on #2!!!!!!! Good news Jeannie, and hope for good news coming your way too lahela. There will be better days, nihahi. liefie, I will help clean up when I get there. Love you, movie!

• Teacher64
    edited September 2014

sbelizabeth - I had lunch with a friend who's going in for stage 2 or as I'm referring to it now DIEPer. We have the same PS and I'd told her about the transformation of my "lady parts" (we did show and tell but only for nips.) and she asked him for the same "lift." I told her she will be very please to not have that bloated and uneven look there. It really makes a difference. Enjoy your Wilbur time.

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2014

Catching up.  Whew lots of reading.  My final surgery was 2 weeks ago.  Thankfully, I was off pain meds by the 3rd day or I might just have let Wilbur get into too much mischief.  Removing this thread from my Favs was bad enough.  So, she created nipples, removed a ding under the righty and did a lot of work on the left towards the underarm.  She also worked on the center incisions between the breasts.  Because my original MX scars almost met in the center, she needed to do some refining because there was extra skin and tissue creating kind of funky cleavage.  The nipple technique she used was called the "arrow" incision.  Very interesting and yes, they are still pretty big.  I am still wearing nipple protectors or as my DH refers to them "topless 10 gallon hats".  The stitches and glue seem to be hanging on rather well.  The one scary thing was when she said that she found a lump and removed it.  Both path reports were clear.  Dang, after 29 years of having no breast tissue where would that come from?  Okay, that was a rhetorical question, but really.

She has asked me not to workout for 6 weeks because of the intensive work done on the left and to help keep the incisions stabilized so they don't stretch too much.  Yesterday I went on a short bike ride (abt 2 miles).  Today, I walked the treadmill for 45 min at 3.5.  Gotta move more tomorrow.  This surgery was tough on weight - I weighed 8 pounds more the day after.  Most has gone, but not all.  Very strange.

Now I am trying to schedule with Vinnie for tattoos in the Spring.  This seems to be the week when no one is returning my calls.  My original goal had been to get this reconstructed reconstruction over and done by November (2 years since I started).  I have revised that to gotta get done before July 2015 - 30th cancerversary.  That seems doable!

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited September 2014

Hey Marty wondered what happened to you, figured you were just on recovery mode!  

Wow, sbe congrats!  Love the way they announced it!  

Butterflye, wow a year!  I have considered what I will do too.... Not sure but thinking a nice little open house with food.  I have a ways to go until March though.  PS panties story hahahah

Teacher, gosh you need to get a job with a local children's store!  Love the little overalls, so cute!!!!

Jeannie, glad you got reassurance today.  I love that the doc biopsied anyway, thorough is always better!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited September 2014

Great to hear from you, Marty!  I hate to be a party pooper, but I'm glad Wilbur broke up with you. He was really taking advantage of you, girl. Lol. You said some funny stuff !  Anyway, congrats on getting closer to completing your long journey. 

• nihahi
    edited September 2014

sbe.....sending you hugs, love and everything else to wish for a successful surgery with wonderful results and UNEVENTFUL HEALING!!!!!!!

• Cuetang
    Cuetang Member Posts: 173
    edited September 2014

Hi ladies!  I haven't been here a while, but have fun lurking once in a while to enjoy the cute and wondering pictures and stories.  I did stop by for a quick question though -- immediately after the surgery, there were a lot of lumps in the flaps, but eventually went away.  However last night, I felt one on my DCIS only side, like a small BB.  I'm reading about cysts and DIEPs as well.  Anyone have that experience of feeling lumps months after their reconstruction?  Yes, I'm trying not to freak out, but after BC, of course that's where the mind first goes....  Thank you....

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014

Cuetang, I just had a lump on my non-cancerous side biopsied on Tuesday. The plastic surgeon is sure it is fat necrosis. He broke up a lot of that in May but the lump suddenly appeared last week. Hoping the same for you!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2014

SMOOTH and UNEVENTFUL HEALING, sbe. Hi Cuetang!

Love to all.