Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Moving On......After the Flap

Options

Comments

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited September 2014
    Options

Oh Movie, my heart is grieving for you and I will keep your family in my prayers and thoughts.  Let the thought that all of us will be at the memorial service in spirit comfort you.  Cindy

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2014
    Options

Movie.....I hope you felt the peace and strength of the mountains today. Blue skies, crisp air, fresh snow, clear alpine lakes....mountains climbing to the heavens. Love you.

View DSC_0266.JPG in slide show

View DSC_0273.JPG in slide show

View photo.JPG in slide show

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited September 2014
    Options

Shoot, I couldn't open the photos, either. It sounds like a beautiful and breathtaking day.

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2014
    Options

Giving my "northern" friends a giggle - we have some air miles and a free pass to use in December, so I asked DH to come up with some trip options (usually I do all the planning - trying to be inclusive, hereWinking).  Last night I followed up to see where he would like to venture.  How about taking the train across Canada?  Since this is something we have both wanted to do, I jumped on board.  20 minutes later - the trip was delayed.  Why, you might ask?  When I pointed out the average December temperatures and the cost of purchasing clothing to match.  'Nuf said - we will aim for spring or fall.  Back to the planning table.

Hope y'all are having a great day.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2014
    Options

Marty....ahhhh come on up!!!! I'll lend you some clothes!!!! I do so hope that one of these days we meet up!

Sorry jeannie and bosum....those were pics from my phone....I was lazy last night. Do these work better???

dear movie.....The closer you are to heaven....the more pure and beautiful the experience. Wishing an eternity of peace for Dave. Thinking of you and the girls today...sending love.

• LiLi-RI
    LiLi-RI Member Posts: 160
    edited September 2014
    Options

So sorry Movie......I can't even imagine your loss, but you and your family our in my thoughts and prayers.

Nihahi : Breathtaking ....!

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

Beautiful, Nihahi, both pictures and words.  I'll try to give movie a huge hug from all of you when I see her this morning.

• MartyJ
    edited September 2014
    Options

Nihahi - we certainly will meet.  Especially after enticing me with that most amazing beauty!  Thank you for sharing your beautiful home.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited September 2014
    Options

Jeannie, thanks for representing the group. I sure wish we could all be there. We certainly are in our hearts.

Love to all!

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

Bailey, I plan to tell movie that very thing when we see her. We are in her pretty town waiting for time to pass before the service.

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

Okay, just typing that has made me cry. I may not get any words out but I hope to give her a gigantic hug.

• lahela
    lahela Member Posts: 145
    edited September 2014
    Options

And hugs for you too, Jeannie.

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited September 2014
    Options

Nihahi - thanks

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited September 2014
    Options

Jeannie, thank you so much for representing our love and support to Jackie today, as she celebrates Dave's life and says good-by.  And Nihahi, thank you for the lovely pictures of peace and beauty.  The middle one needs a bicycle on that trail.  I don't know what the landscape of heaven looks like, but I bet the mountain bike trails are exactly like that. 

I took the dressings off and had a shower before this morning's HBO treatment.  I'm very happy with what I found underneath.  It's all still very "frankenboobish," of course, but the radiation burn scar is gone--there's just a long, clean incision.  When it's healed it won't itch, burn, or pull on my shoulder joint like the scar did.  The foobs are symmetrical and breast-shaped, and the origami nipples and perched just right.  I'm taking Monday off and will continue with hyperbaric treatments through the end of next week, but I'm planning on going back to work on Tuesday. 

Have a great Saturday, everyone. 

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

BB, I think you're remembering Cherrie and her DH.

Sbel, so happy to hear a good report from you!

The memorial was lovely. The testimonials about Dave were heartfelt. He was an awesome man. When I hugged movie, I told her everyone wanted to be there and the hug was from ALL of us. She said she knew, that was why she was hugging me so tightly.

• MartyJ
    edited September 2014
    Options

Jeannie that made me teary. Thank you for taking us all along in your pockets. 

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

You're very welcome, Marty.

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2014
    Options

Marty, there is still room for you at mt. Hood. Jeannie, thank you so much for bringing the group's hugs to movie today. Heal, sbe, heal. Peaceful natural beauty, some day I want to be there to soak it all in... Love to all!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited September 2014
    Options

Jeannie, thank you for representing all of us. I learned at an early age just how important those visits are to the family.  It was so kind of you to travel there for her (and us). (((Hugs)))

• MartyJ
    edited September 2014
    Options

Tammie, et al - I wish I could join you.  Never been to Oregon.  But my DH is the guest speaker at the annual MIA/POW day at the Air Force Base on the 19th.  He is speaking with extensive q&a on the 18th for a leadership session for young airmen and then luncheon speaker on the 19th plus a retreat ceremony.  Our AFB does a wonderful job with this and I really need to be there.

Tonight we went to welcome an Honor Flight home.  These are charters that take WW2 and Korea vets to DC for a day to visit the memorials.  There were more than 1,000 folks waiting to welcome them back.  fun, but I stood too long in flat sandals on a hard tile floor.  Back and feet are shot.  Ouch!

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

It was an honor to represent you dear ladies. We're all in "this" together.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited September 2014
    Options

Oh my I have missed you ladies. Jeannie, thanks again for being at Dave's memorial. It will be nice when we can have a group hug with Jackie right in the middle. 

I am leaving for Seattle in two days!!!!! I have no idea what to pack so it should be interesting. Hikng, biking, kayaking, boating, etc. I can't believe I will be seeing you guys in 12 days. 

I have an MRI tomorrow evening for a suspicious area that I an sure is fat necrosis. It was also a way to get my MRI covered by insurance. BCBS doesn't cover screenings. What am I supposed to do?? I can't afford to have them without coverage. 

I just got back from Virginia today. My daughter closed on a house and moved all within 3 weeks. She moved to Williamsburg, VA into a true southern colonial home. We worked our arses off packing at her rental, cleaning, and entertaining my grand babies. We got them moved n Saturday. A work crew was laying wood floors upstairs as the movers are bring n all off their stuff. What a mess. It was 93 or higher everyday we were there. I am exhausted.

Doors open here in Michigan and it is a refreshing 64 right now. 

Katy- heal fast darlin and do what your doctor says.

Jackie- if you are reading this......we love you and think about you every single day. I know you feel this. I am so happy you are coming to Mt. Hood. It will be a much much needed diversion. 

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

Cherrie, in your pockets for that MRI. My cancer center doesn't even do MRIs on us unless there is a problem, so I haven't faced that problem with my bcbs. Incidentaloma for you!!

Katy, thinking of you, hoping the shoulder pain has eased and the hamster tube continues to be enjoyable.

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2014
    Options

I have to ask for prayers once again.  It isn't for me but for my dear sweet husband.  He went the ER Thursday afternoon due to have sudden intense pain around his abdomen.They did an ultrasound, found nothing.  Did two kinds of cat scans and something going on but not sure.  So, they sent him to the heart center via critical care ambulance.  At 2 a.m., they did TEE to look into his heart and arota.   They found an arotic brusing(not dissection, thank God).   He is in the ICU and has 4 lines with IV meds getting blood pressure down.  I guess he will be in the ICU until they get his blood pressure down and is able to control it by pills.  Then he will be transferred to another floor until he is really stable.  He will be monitered by scans for the rest of his life.  What scares me the most(an I am so blessed to have him here with me) is he can't lift more than 5 lbs forever.  This is going to frustrate him as he likes to be fixing things.  He is doing okay with what the doctors are doing but he just whispers.  And the doctor said to lessen the stress in our lives.  That is a challenge because life is life but we have two overactive toddlers with the No's to everything and daughter is having a hard time with it.  This is not good but if it is not going to work, I have to ask her to leave.  Ugh, ugh.  I want my husband around for a very long time.  Just pray to give him strength to get home as soon as he is able.  My daughter understands that he can't have the stress.  I am so tired and am trying to get sleep and then I go to hospital because it is quiet.  He is getting restless and wants to walk the hall but that is out of the question for now.  I am doing the best I can do.  I am very scared.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kat-ski, my heart goes out to you.  I'm so sorry your husband is ill, and that you're dealing with everything that comes with it.  You and your family will be in my prayers.  Just...breathe.  One breath at a time, and one step at a time.

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

Oh, Kat-ski! Tears for you, prayers for you both. What a hard spot to be in. There is more than enough room for you on our proverbial life raft. I hope you know we care and you are not alone.

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2014
    Options

You know, I have been told all of my life that I am a very strong and tough lady but I don't feel that way right now.  I know I can't run and hide but sure do feel like it now.  But in the end, I will pick myself up, dust myself off and just do it!!  Love to all

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kat-ski, praying for your husband!

Jeannie, as others have stated, our Movie has always encouraged so many others and it is unbelievable that she is going through this.  Glad you represented us!

Sbel, so delighted you had a good experience surgically.  :)

Going to bed, this is the latest I have stayed up forever, had a dear friend's daughter's wedding and it was lovely.

hugs

Cindy

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kat-ski, I am saying prayers for you and your family. I have always thought it easier to go through difficult things ourselves than to watch and worry about others as they go through them. I pray for your husband's regained strength and healing, and I pray for you to have the strength for those difficult things that need to be done for his healing.  I also pray for your daughter's love and understanding. You have been through a lot, and we are all here for you around that raft. ((Hugs))

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kat-ski - you are strong but even the strongest people need a shoulder to lean on, so we are here for you, so run to us, don't hide, when you feel the need.