Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Moving On......After the Flap

Options

Comments

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2014
    Options

Oh dear, another difficult message. Kat-ski....so sorry you have another heavy load to carry. Do you mean aortic bruit?? I hope your hubby is well cared for in hospital and is able to return home soon. Lifetime restrictions will be "life-changing" for sure. Might be a good idea to see if there is any support through the hospital to help guide him and you and the rest of your family into adapting/accepting the new limitations???? Remember too, when others offer to help, take them up on it....you cannot do it all yourself. Climb on the raft, and take things in small steps for now. 

sbe....keep healing!!!! I hope all the surgeries will "return" your shoulder to you!

movie.....sending love and hugs.

We have a mix of rain and snow here today....hoping for better weather at Mt. Hood!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2014
    Options

((((((((movie&Kat)))))))) love too all.

• lahela
    lahela Member Posts: 145
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kat-ski, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. We're all here for you {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Movie, sending you my love. SBE, healing vibes for you.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kat-ski, so sorry for your DH's problems.  I really believe that it is harder to be the care-giver at times than the care-receiver.  Praying that things will work out as well as they possibly can.

So happy to hear the good news several have posted regarding recurrence scares that are incidentalomas.  Marty and Sbe, may your recoveries be smooth.

Bailey, I'm with you regarding the questions.  Our faith tells us that He knows best even when we can't understand it. Nothing like that ever looks explainable until you get quite a ways past it.

Jeannie, you are such a friend to us all in representing us.  I really can't wait until the 19th!

{{{{{{{Movie}}}}}}}

Love to all. ...Julie

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thought y'all might be interested in his philosophy

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2014
    Options

Just an update:  Stan was moved out of ICU which is always the most wonderful thing to happen!!  Feeling a little blessed today.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited September 2014
    Options

YAY, STAN!  Good news, Kat-ski!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited September 2014
    Options

Marty, nice article. Lots to think about.

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

great news, Kat-Ski! One step at a time.....

• lahela
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kat-ski, that really is the best feeling. Sending healing vibes to Stan and comfort to you.

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kat-ski, 

We will keep praying for you, the situation with the stress.  Don't doctors know that when they tell you to avoid stress it can create stress..... ;)  Glad your husband is in good hands and they are monitoring everything.  You are allowed to feel vulnerable, most likely after all you have gone through you know that but if you remember how we got through all this it was sometimes one day at a time, show up where you are supposed to be, and then the next day comes and you do the same, until there is a breather.  

Sending you hugs.    

Wish we could make a trouble proof vest for all of us, it is hard to trust that we will get through it all some days.  

Movie, have not forgotten you each day, asking God to give comfort and that you feel surrounded by love.  Cindy

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited September 2014
    Options

Oh my Kat. I am so sorry your family is going through this. As others have said, one step at a time. Take a deep breath and know we are thinking of you.

My MRI was uneventful. The nurse was appalled I was not getting mammograms. I tried to explain the whole DIEP thing to her. She didn't want to listen so I just stopped. I would think in her profession she would find this fascinating. 

I am leaving tomorrow for the NW. See you all soon.

Marty- I would love to hear your hubby speak. He amazes me. 

Jackie- Thinking of you everyday!!

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

Cherrie, do you have results from your "uneventful" MRI? That nurse is unbelievable but your new boobs must look so real, she couldn't get past it.

• lahela
    edited September 2014
    Options

Saw my doc today - she's given me a referral to a neurosurgeon for my back... The fun part was when she asked to see my new nips - her jaw literally dropped and all she could say was "WOW! They are so beautiful!!!"

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited September 2014
    Options

Lahela - it's amazing that other docs are impressed with new nips. My PCP was when she saw mine because that's her next step. 

• nihahi
    edited September 2014
    Options

lahela...hope the next consult can help you get sorted.

Had to occupy myself in the condo gym this morning......since we're now into a second day of snow!!!! El Crappo!!!!!

• lahela
    edited September 2014
    Options

Nihahi, that is just crazy! You had like, what, a week of summer?!?! Sorry it's having such a back effect on your hiking. I love your pics so much (snowy or otherwise)!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited September 2014
    Options

Nihahi, enough with the snow already!  It's way too soon for that. Mt. hood should feel like the tropics for you!

Kat-ski, glad to hear Stan is doing better. Take care of him, but take care of yourself, too. 

Movie, thinking of you, dear. 

Sbel, how are the treatments going?

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited September 2014
    Options

Jeannie - I've said it before and I'll say it again. And again and again and again. You are a very nice person. Thank you for representing the ladies at Jackie's husbands service. There are so many warm feelings, and thoughtful messages, and it's wonderful that you were there to actually wrap your arms around Jackie to let her know that she's in our hearts. Thank you for that. 

Jackie - I am thinking about you and wishing you strength and calm and comfort. If I could, I'd squeeze out all my extra emotional muscle and bring it to you and put it in your hands. 

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited September 2014
    Options

well said, Janet ThumbsUp

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited September 2014
    Options

So glad to hear Stan is making progress.  It appears he did not get the memo that there is only one crisis per family per year.  Tell him that this means that 2015 needs to be surrounded with health, happiness, and prosperity.  I wish that for all of my dear sisters in the trenches that I have met here, along with their families.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited September 2014
    Options

I get to meet Liefie and Movie one week from today and everyone else in 9 days!. I cannot begin to express how I feel about being able to hear your voices and see your faces and put my arms around all of you. Sigh. Much too much.

• nihahi
    edited September 2014
    Options

kat....hoping for some easier days for you and hubby.

bailey....I share your excitement......BIGTIME!!!

movie.....we're coming....you are much loved.

hugs to all.

• Morningsun1
    edited September 2014
    Options

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.....

((((((((movie))))))))

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited September 2014
    Options

Urgh...take three days off work and it might as well be three weeks.  I'm just buried, and that's WITH bring a boatload of it home to make up for taking off time to dive every day. 

I saw the PS yesterday and everything is healing well.  I'm thrilled with the beautiful shape of the girls, along with the neat, thin incision where the radiation burn was all caved in.  My daily dives are a nice break in a busy day.  This morning I watched "Yours, Mine, and Ours," and enjoyed all the slapstick stuff. 

Out of idle curiosity, I had a look at the Vinnie Meyer's 3-D nipp tattoo website.  Holy cow...they're $800.  And I have no idea if insurance covers tattoo parlor work.  The wait get an appointment appears to be many months, and although I know the world turns on $$, it bugged me a little that you can bypass the wait if you pay more.  I'm pretty sure I'll let my own beloved PS create artful, if not 3-D, tats. 

Movie, praying and sending long-distance hugs. 

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

Sbel, glad to hear things continue yo go well for you, other than the mts. of work. I found a cosmetic tattooist near me who has done many nipple tattoos for a PS and she does them for FREE as her way of giving back to the community. I am going to consult with her one of these days.

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2014
    Options

SBE - yep, Vinnie is expensive.  After my BMX 29 years ago, the PS did the tats himself.  My body completely absorbed the ink.  Did them again.  Had a healing problem.  Got that handled.  Within 2'years they were pail fleshie white circles.  Still are.  Can't wait to get Vinnies.  I just want something that will last for 30 years.  I recently heard about a couple of good tatoo artists out in Cali.  Just be sure you get someone who specializes in 3d.  Really the key to the best outcome.

• Morningsun1
    edited September 2014
    Options

Great to hear you are healing well, sbe. Nite nite, everyone 9 more sleeps away... 

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thinking about all of you!!

• lahela
    edited September 2014
    Options

sbe, the pink ink project has a list of tattooists who do nips (not all 3D, but mostly). The guy in England I am (maybe) going to trained with Vinnie, as did a lot of these tattooists.

http://www.pinkinkproject.com/Links.html