Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited October 2014

I too think Emily is adorable!  I really look forward to grandchildren some day!  Both of my children (22 and 24 years old) are getting to the serious stage with BF/GF (nothing rushed though which is nice) so it is a joyful place in my house and I am starting to dream of spoiling little ones some day!  

Janet glad you are happy.   If they did not throw the yellow blobs away I would like some to put near my refrigerator since I am not losing the weight I would like to right now.... 

I too was told to wait 6 months but since it will be 5 months in December decided to go with UPenn's tattoo artist.  For me being done this year was huge, even though I may be paying out of pocket anyway.  

Had my MRI of my breasts this past week and it was negative.  I think annual ones along with lab work will be done.  They looked at chest wall and stuff.  My PS says you do not need any further breast imaging but my onc wanted it.  

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited October 2014

Jeannie....bet you've had a wonderful time visiting your daughter....Michigan must be beautiful this time of year.

enjoy...congrats on the clear MRI....always good to hear that news, isn't it!

Good News....my tattoo date is on again!!!! The person doing the tats, had a look at the pics I sent her, and she feels the scar maturity shouldn't be a problem. I am just barely over the 6 month timing since nip recon, not counting the stitch abscess that got dug out a couple months ago. Since she always does the tats in two stages, she said if need be, she'll work around the scars if necessary for the first session, and can sort things out in round 2. Yippee!!!!!!

no turkeys on our hike.....but a great big moose crossing a river. Just a lovely day for a hike.

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited October 2014

love the moose!  We are on our way home at last  why are holidays so tiring?  I am going to try to upload this photo for SBE one more time!  Tried 3 times on Friday.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited October 2014

Oh, my, Marty!  Love that place, both inside and out.  It used to be said that the 17 spires stood for the 12 apostles and the 5 chiefs of staff.  Lol....

Nihahi, stunning photos.  The moose is amazing.  How close do you dare approach him to take his picture? 

Movie is down here visiting her DD and we all had dinner last night at a Mexican place.  We were stuffed with chips and salsa long before our entrees arrived...this morning I'm still feeling like a turkey looking for a branch to roost on.  It was SO GREAT to see her and catch up!!

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited October 2014

Nihahi and MartyJ - love the fall pictures. Thanks.

• nihahi
    edited October 2014

Travel safely Marty.....bet you had a wonderful vaca, exhausted or not. That AF Chapel is a beautiful place. My nephew got married in it.

sbe....how great to spend time with Jackie.....give her hugs!!!! No worries about "close encounters"...the moose was across the river and down in the valley from us. We spotted him from the road, so also had the car handy for a quick get away if necessary. Zooms on cameras are marvelous safety factors!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2014

Is that a she or he moose? I know someone who likes moose balls...

Happy Monday, everyone!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited October 2014

LOL Tammy - too funny! But just a correction here. The sex of the moose does not matter at all. You see, the moose balls are not made from moose balls . . .

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2014

SmileLoopySillyHeartWinkingHappySingingNerdyThumbsUpliefie

• MartyJ
    edited October 2014

liefie - then you must share the recipe.Happy

• nihahi
    edited October 2014

oh my lord.....the "balls" are back!!!!!!LoopyLoopy

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited October 2014

Nihahi, beautiful pics!  Thanks for sharing your adventures.  

Jeannie, great news on a clean MRI!

Jackie and Sbel, miss you both, and so glad you were able to spend time together. 

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited October 2014

Lynn, didn't have an MRI but thanks!

Just landed in Seattle, delayed in Detroit and pilot raced to get here only to find Iceland Air at our gate. I think it's bedtime. I sure enjoyed my daughter! 

Jackie, I'm sure Katy and your DD are great tonic for you! Miss everyone!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited October 2014

Lol. That will teach me to post and run. Well Jeannie, I am thankful for your good health anyway!!

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited October 2014

Nihahi - Gorgeous photos! The place where you hike looks like it's good for the soul. 

Now, back to nipples....

Mine are one week old and they itch like crazy - that's normal right? And for how long must I wear these nipple protectors? I can't wait to get rid of them!

• MartyJ
    edited October 2014

Janet- if they itch, you have feeling.  Hmmm.  My doc made me keep the protectors on 2 weeks after glue and stitches came off.  I ended up with them for 7 weeks.

• Janet_M
    edited October 2014

Marty - Oh they itch all right. Especially lefty. In fact, when I was getting my freezing done I was told I wouldn't feel a thing. Well, that was a lie. It really hurt. My PS was surprised but said it was a good thing that I had that much sensitivity. 

Seven weeks? Thank goodness for bulky sweaters. 

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited October 2014

I just saw that redness has to be gone before tats. Really? No one said anything bout that to me and I'm still really red. Guess I will ask my PS.

• MartyJ
    edited October 2014

Janet - I bought a padded bra in a cup size larger.  It opened the world to fashion options.  If the outline of the nip protector still showed through, cotton cosmetic pads softened the view.  Of course, it was summer here and bulky sweaters were only an option if one wanted a personal sauna suit.

• nihahi
    edited October 2014

Janet.....I'm with you on the sensitivity thing....unexpected....and "yowza" during the freezing! I am still hunting for just the right bullet to put between my teeth for the tattooing on Friday. Itching could mean healing, could also mean you are reacting to something. I reacted to the polysporin, and ultimately to an internal suture. Keep an eye out for any redness, and I'm sure you're going to be fine. I had to ditch any and all nip protection within the first week....just wore really loose, soft tops...everything turned out fine. 

teacher...redness in scars means the scar is not fully mature, and will likely still fade. If the tat takes "that" colour into consideration, when things finally settle down, you can have an area of lighter colour. (I know all this....why the **LL did I get so upset last week when my tattooist brought it to my attention?????). Anyhoo.....maybe talk to your tattooist....perhaps they are doing things in stages, like mine, and you can at least get started.I'm not sure your PS would be the most knowledgeable about the tat process, but, there are always exceptions.

jeannie....bet hubby is glad to have you home! 

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2014

Janet, you aren't using antibiotic ointment on them, are you? Just wondering if it's an allergy to something. Hope it passes soon!

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2014

Nihahi, crossed posts with you. Good luck on your tattoos, step one! Maybe you need a rock to put between your teeth! I see a cosmetic tattooist today for a consult. I'm sure Tom is glad to have me home but I was so tired when I arrived in SEA that I went straight to bed. He had an early call at work this morning so I'm looking forward to having a better conversation with him tonight.

• nihahi
    edited October 2014

hahaha......jeannie....you have a brilliant suggestion there...A ROCK!!! Now THAT I can find!!!!!

Keep us posted on your tattoo appt. I'm always interested in hearing the different opinions.

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2014

Nihahi, I really liked the cosmetic tattooist I saw yesterday. It is so kind of her to do it for free, her act of community service.  We commiserated over my "debacles," as I referred to my poorly tattooed parts. She was very encouraging and is experienced so I'm hoping for the best. It was hard to find a color I feel comfortable with in her office so I emailed her a photo of what I like and she emailed back that she had just found an ink of that color range--she had been thinking the same thing. So, next Wednesday is tattoo try number 2. 

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited October 2014

Aubrey and Daddy, sharing a joke!

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited October 2014

Loving those pictures.  Chips and salsa, that is just so yummy.  I always feel a bit less guilty eating that compared to other things since the salsa is healthy other than maybe the salt.... ;P

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2014

Love that photo, Katy! Aubrey reminds me of you, smiling, happy, funny!

• MartyJ
    edited October 2014

Aubrey has a magical smile.  Just like her grandma.

• Janet_M
    edited October 2014

sbelizabeth - You have a beautiful family. I'm sure Aubrey gets her smile from you, though (Sob) I haven't had the opportunity to see it in person

Nihahi - Tattoo tomorrow? Yipee. I'll be thinking of you crunching on your rock. By the way, when you ditched your nipple protectors did you wear any extra bandaging to sleep? I don't enjoy my extra protection but don't want to squish my new accoutrements. Also noticed that my 'protectors' were made from the bottom of plastic pill cup. 

Jeannie - No, no ointment. But I've learned I react very badly to Tagaderm bandages. I'm one big red rash. Small potatos really, compared to some of the other sh*t we've been through. 

Also, I'm so happy to hear about your upcoming procedure. Talk about closing in on the finish line....

• nihahi
    edited October 2014

bailey....hoping for spectacular Wilbur time for you today

jeannie...that is wonderful news from you. I have no doubts about your debacles becoming delovely next week!

janet...nope...no alternate protection. I don't tend to roll onto my front when I sleep anyway. I know how huge your new nips seem at this point....hang in there, it will likely be a couple weeks at least before you notice any change. As "odd" as they look now, I bet you're still amazed at how much more your mind registers your "foobs" as breasts now, instead of as something else.