Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited December 2013

I could never go back and read all the pages I've missed in the last three days, but I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy your families and your blessings. You all are never far from my thoughts, but my granddaughter is getting my time right now. Love you all. 

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited December 2013

Yes, my heart is full of love and gratitude for all of you! Thank you for sharing your wisdom, experience, humor and encouragement. (Janet, your blog cracked me up today, especially since the PS nurse said I should outline the pinkish area on my boob. Maybe I'll just draw nipples instead!) 

I'm so thankful to have met some NW ladies, including Movie, and Cherrie and her hubs. Maybe circumstances will allow more of us to meet this year. We share such a bond already!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited December 2013

I'll have to read later.....about to get busy with Christmas Eve dinner stuff. Just wanted to wish one and all a Merry Christmas, full of light, love and happiness

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited December 2013

Doing a flyby posting so please forgive me if I missed anything.  Wishing all of you amazing ladies a very happy holiday and you are all in my prayers.  I am beyond grateful to have the opportunity to "know" you all. Thank you for your wisdom, strength, and hope!  Blessings to all!!!

Heather

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2013

To all my gloob sisters

Merry Christmas! Happy and Healthy New Year!

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited December 2013

Good Christmas morning, friends. I have a confession....I am always the first one up on Christmas morning......I have always had to wake Thing 1 and Thing 2 up to open presents. We have never hyped the present thing (although they get plenty lol) so I think they are just as happy for a "sleep-in day".

I am doing ok, Nihahi, thanks for asking. Pain was at a tolerable level much of the day yesterday. 

Love the pictures, thanks for sharing

Merry Christmas, friends. Love and peace to you all.

Sheila

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas Sheila!  My kids woke us up at 5:30am. After thirteen years of marriage, dh finally got me my most coveted gift.......

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited December 2013

Love and hugs to all this morning!  Have a beautiful day, filled with family and friends and wonder.  Katy

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

ohhhhh sweet.....I have visions of culinary creations....we'll need photos of course!!!! But don't you be sampling the goodies too much!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, happy, peaceful, grateful, love filled Christmas. Ours was the best in YEARS!!!!!! Our son seems to finally be keeping his feet on a "good path", and seeing him happy and healthier and wanting to "connect" with us in positive ways could not have been a better gift for us. Our daughter seemed so much more "interactive" with everyone too....it was just a great time for us all. 

My best gift was the "realization" of how far this year has taken me.....how much I truly appreciate the "fandango" of recon, and how excited I am to see what the coming year brings. Thanks to you all for giving me the gift of your understanding, your support and your laughter. 

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

Nihahi- So happy for you and your family!  I will definately have to be careful now that baking will be easier with this bad boy!  I did find a great receipe for homemade wheatbread though, thats healthy. :)

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

Nihahi, so happy for you!  As moms, we want our kids to grow up, be happy and take care of themselves.  A good relationship with them is the most important thing.  We had a different but nice Christmas.  None of us had any money to spend, really, so we did different things.  My middle daughter and her husband gave us "boxes of love."  The boxes contained little slips of paper that we read out loud.  There were words of praise and thanks for us, for memories, for different things.  It was so meaningful and funny, too. We had a great day.  There was room in my brain to think of the first Christmas instead of all the things I had to do.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited December 2013

Jeannie, that sounds like a wonderful Christmas.  After all, it's not really about the gifts.  I agree with Nihahi, this BC thing has really made me "wake up" and learn to be in the moment.  Whether it is a passing conversation with someone, walking in the freshly fallen snow, or spending time with loved ones.  Each moment is more special, and I am no longer hurrying through life, anxious for the next moment, just enjoying each one now.  As strange as it sounds, BC has given me a gift.  Weird, huh?

• Cherrie
    edited December 2013

Sounds like a great Christmas Nihahi and Jeannie. It was different without my son, but we are having a great time. Spending time with family is a present in itself. 

Zenful- I think being in the moment has become easier since BC. Knowing there are no guarantees and I am not a young spring chicken, I have slowed down and take more time to smell the roses. (Go Michigan State) couldn't resist. I am babysitting Granddaughter as my daughter goes to the Rose Bowl next week. Hmmmmm!!!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited December 2013

Cherrie, I can think of only one thing that would come before seeing your team play the Rose Bowl...and that's your granddaughter.  And you get her all to yourself!  Enjoy!

• Cherrie
    edited December 2013

For sure!! I am blessed. Thanks Zenful.

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited December 2013

Sounds like it was a Happy Christmas. Nahahi - Wonderful news about your son, that's a lovely gift indeed. And Jeannie - your boxes of love sound perfect. And so much more memorable than an electric carving knife or talking scarf (my aunt was wearing one at a party).

We had a bountiful Christmas but the real feeling of the season came beforehand - during the ice-storm.  The city was so beautiful, with ice all over the trees. That also included a lot of downed power lines, and branches, so there were firetrucks racing around the city. Jim and I had a truckload of toys (he had a toy drive at work) and we wanted to drop them off at a firehall before we left the city. But the first firehall we went to was empty. And the second, and the third. And we realized that every single firetruck was out on duty. So we kept driving around in the snow at 5 kph until we finally found a firehall with people in it. Finally we found one with a light on, and the door was answered by a firefighter (super handsome). We unloaded all our toys, and then we went out to a diner for a giant pre-breakfast feeling like we'd had the best day ever. 

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

janet....that sounds like you were delivering the true "spirit" of Christmas!!!! It's an amazing feeling isn't it, to do something for others, without any thoughts of "what's in it for me". Glad you got around safely...it still sounds so difficult for some people in TO. At least it's knocked Rob Ford off his "10 minutes of fame" headlines!!!! (oops....hope you're not a fan of his). 

I think there must be a recruiting rule for firemen....never, ever seen one that isn't gorgeous....both in looks and personality. Ok ...maybe a couple that weren't GQ look alikes, but their personalities and smiles made up for it!!!!!!!

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

The warm weather enjoyed this week is coming to an end as Environment Canada has issued a flash freeze warning for Calgary.

A rapidly moving cold front is forecasted across Southern Alberta this evening and overnight. Frigid temperatures reaching a low of -18C with a wind chill of -30, strong winds gusting to 70 km/h and five centimetres of snow are expected.

Environment Canada warns that visibility will be, at times, near zero, especially in open areas and on major highways. The winds are expected to ease after midnight but the cold temperatures will remain throughout the weekend.

Sounds like fun, eh!!!!! Isn't "FLASH FREEZING" something they do to veggies....NOT people!!!!! Shocked I am making soup and digging out the mittens and touque again!!!

Toronto.....we're sorry, really.....your ice storm came from Texas, not us!!!!! Heeeellllpppppp!

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

Nihahi- oh my that is tooooooooocold! Pile on the blankets and long undies.

• Cherrie
    edited December 2013

it is pretty, but it just stays too long. Hunker down and stay warm. 

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited December 2013

Hi to all of my Sisters(brothers too)!  Christmas Day was just about right(except I tire too much)!  My dinner was quaint but my daughter and hubby were here.  Well, daughter brought her cat too.  We had a lovely time visiting and I pulled my usual present prank with daughter!!  That one goes back to Black Friday 2001 when she dragged me out of bed to shop!  She received all of her presents that day so that Christmas Day was wrapped presents with pictures of what she already received!!  Oh, Googled talked and watched grandsons open their presents in San Antonio.  What more can I ask for?

The next one was with my other Dad, his health is deteriorating day to day now, and we had a blast.  The kids are younger and it was the gleam in their eyes as they opened presents.  This time will be remembered always.  My other dad just wished to be here next year.  He had his filet Mignon and gobbled down my mashed potatoes(which my other sister didn't think he would) and pigged out on the chocolate mousse!!  

The reason I really came on here was to thank each and everyone of you for being here for me.  It gets lonesome fighting this BC and I know you all understand that loneliness.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you ladies that have come so far with your reconstruction!!  And Happy New Year to those of us who look forward to next Christmas at this time!

• Janet_M
    edited December 2013

Nihahi - 

I felt the spirit of Christmas for sure - and it had nothing to do with tinsel or presents. I'm feeling very very very grateful today for all that I have, and for all that is available to me. 

Except that I'm not so grateful for our mayor. He's an areshole. 

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

yup....right there with you janet....on both topics!

Have a wonderful day.

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

I put this on the other thread so you may have seen it. Just a warning from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) that cancer survivors should contact their docs at first sign of flu symptoms because we are forever at increased risk of complications and should start antivirals, not the nasal spray form.  Oh, brother, it's always something. But better forewarned. I always get the flu shot but it doesn't offer 100% protection.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited December 2013

Happy birthday, Jeannie!  I hope it will be a great day for you. Love, JulieHappy

• Janet_M
    edited December 2013

Happy Birthday Jeannie! 

I wish you lived closer to me so I could bring you a bunch of flowers, and big plate of cupcakes. I hope for all good things to come your way in the next year.

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited December 2013

I guess I need to start a new thread called "Moving On...After the Nipple" cause it seems my uni-origami nipple has shrunk to almost nothing!  Wonder what the PS will say or do?  It definitely no longer matches my much larger natural nipple, which is always in high-beam headlight mode. Definitely disappointing!

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

sharon....omg.....let us know what the PS says/does.....yikes! I was aware that the recon nipple shrinks...but to DISAPPEAR OVERNIGHTShocked

jeannie.....happy birthday girl!!!! Enjoy the special dinner with the family!!!!!

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited December 2013

Wait... you got your nipple in Sept and it just now shrank? That's odd.

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited December 2013

Yes, bdavis.  I got the nipple in September. First, it shrank the normal amount, but all of a sudden it went to a little bump!  I don't get it!  Going to go to the pic forum & check out others.