Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited December 2013

Nihahi, I agree with Marty that it sounds wonderfully magical.  When growing up, my parents would always take us out on Christmas Eve to drive around looking at the Christmas lights in other neighborhoods.  Sometimes Santa would have visited while we were gone with presents magically under the tree when we arrived home.  With my children, we morphed that lovely Christmas tradition into something different.  We would pack all five kids in the car on Christmas Eve to look at the Christmas lights, but we called it "Griswolding", looking for the houses with the most lights (including lights on the roof), and lots and lots of lawn ornaments.  Years later, when the kids began having their own places, DH and it planted a really ugly plastic lit up snowman and candy cane on our daughter's lawn and duct taped it to a tree and plugged it into her beautifully decorated light display.  It's there that the tradition began that "you have leave it up until Christmas is over". Thus began the Christmas Wars, full of pranks, knowing that the retaliation may be much worse.  Over the years we have been surprised with an 8-foot blow up Winnie the Pooh in our front yard (with the ugly candy cane Santa duct taped high in our large maple tree with a spotlight on it), an upside down fully decorated Christmas tree in our living room, and a door-size picture of The Grinch with DH's picture graphically blended into the face.  All of these are surprise attacks.  We are all getting a little older and the kids are spread across the country so we have all reverted back to enjoying our traditional decorations with no sabotage involved, but, oh, great memories!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited December 2013

zen......that sounds hilarious!!!! I can just imagine the fun everyone had planning and carrying out the "prank of the season"! 

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited December 2013

Nihahi, your traditions sound lovely. We have friends who light candles on their tree but they aren't Swedish. It always freaked us out!

Zenful, that sounds like so much fun! What great memories. We took the kids to see Christmas lights, too. Now we go look at them ourselves. There is a neighborhood called Candy Cane Lane in Seattle that is amazing.  When the kids were small we always had a birthday cake for Jesus, just as a reminder of who the holiday is about.

Off to church!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2013

Found this for martyj, 

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas from our house to yours!!!  Snickers

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited December 2013

Ouch!

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

Tammy, if that's your idea of home decor.....yowzer Shocked

kat-ski.....OMG, snickers is sooooo sweet!

Currently a windchill of -26, but supposed to chinook overnight, so I'm going snowshoeing tomorrow, I figure, if I'm "half dead anyway", what's a little cold weather, eh?....YES...BYE BYE CABIN FEVER!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

What a cute puppy! And an ouchie couch!

Have fun, Nihahi!

We are having drippy but mild weather. I feel so fortunate.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited December 2013

A Merry Aubrey Christmas!  

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited December 2013

Like!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

So adorable!

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited December 2013

HappyWhat a sweet heart that Aubrey is!  And Snickers, too.

Wishing each of you ladies a very Merry Christmas and Happy 2014!  Love you all.  ...Julie

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited December 2013

All the cuteness on here! Babies and puppies, oh my! 

Thanks for sharing the Christmas memories. Nihahi, that was beautiful.  I used to love those candle-lit Christmas Eve ceremonies. 

And anyone who is into funny Christmas gifts, I gave this to my best friend who is a caffeine addict. The expressions on everyone's face at the party

was hysterical!

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

Too funny, Bluebird!  Do you still take the mushroom capsules?  I feel like my immune system is not where it should be.

• FierceBluebird
    edited December 2013

I do. I swear by them. Only buy American organically grown. Maitake and Turkey Tail are the ones I take and are well documented with breast cancer research, but there is an all around immune system called Host Defense MyCommunity. I may switch to this one as an all around immune stimulating supplement.

http://www.fungi.com/product-detail/product/host-d...

I usually buy my Fungi Perfecti capsules on Amazon. 

Now if they only made an anti-lazy supplement! It has been cold and rainy here all day and I am being totally lazy.

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

My little Christmas pup, Tanner. Merry Christmas!!!

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited December 2013

awwww too cute!

How are you and hubby holding up Jeanie?

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

Here is my fur baby with his blankie.
  • nihahi
    edited December 2013

I just love all these photos.....such wonderful "snapshots" into our lives. I mean, come on.....who could possibly NOT feel warm and fuzzy at photos of Aubrey and sweet little doggies. 

bluebird...that shower coffee dispenser is THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.....WHAT A HOOT!!!!!!

bailey.......you doing ok????

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

Sweet, hubs and I are hanging in there, he better than me. I am blessed to be married to an optimistic, positive man. Our DD and DSIL have been staying with us for about a week, so that has helped a lot. My DD and I are close. Your dog looks sweet with his blankie!

Nihahi, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the snow and fresh air. ⛄ It was raining here so I settled for the elliptical. We just had some great clam chowder on the waterfront in our little town.

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

Jeannie- glad that you have your family close right now. Dave and I lost our business and our house back in 2008. We were going to be homeless until my dad let me move into nis mou tain home until we got back on our feet.  It sucked but we grew closer as a family and now things are going great.  Hang in there!

Nihahi- So true, a gorgeous baby girl and adorable fur babies always make me smile!

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

Thanks, Sweet. Things could be worse for us, for sure.

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

I meant that in a positive sense!

• sbelizabeth
    edited December 2013

Jeannie, you're in our thoughts and prayers frequently.  I'm so glad you can laugh and enjoy the presence of family!  

Love, love, love the photos.

Today was a Monday that felt like a Saturday.  We hit all the shopping needed and although Costco was crazy busy, everyone seemed to be in a holiday spirit.  We had a night ride yesterday and a sunshine ride this morning.  Such blessings!  A couple of bobcats and a bear would have made everything more memorable, though...

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited December 2013

sbelizabeth - Is it my imagination, or is Aubrey starting to look like you?!  Same shaped face, and expression as in some of your pictures. 

The dogs are pretty cute too. Tanner sure is a well-dressed, and well-groomed young man. 

Jeannie - I'm so glad that you're hanging in there, and that you've got family around right now. You are often in my thoughts and expect that if there is such a thing as karma (I think there is) you will get back the kindness, thoughtfulness, and generosity of spirit that you've been showing us for so long. 

Janet

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2013

For your next ride, sbe.

• sbelizabeth
    edited December 2013

Janet, I'm bad at seeing family resemblance in my own family, but others have said Aubrey looks a little like me, and if so, God honored me in a big way!  I know it's because she's my grandbaby, but I think she's the most beautiful, sweetest baby on the planet.  

Tammy...on my next ride I will be happy to think about a nice gold star with Chinese characters beneath it...!  I googled "qzone" and it's a Chinese social networking site, so I bet you'd found a post about cycling, and I appreciate your thinking of me.  

So this morning I woke up early, took the dogs outside and fed them, and let the hubs sleep.  I'm a giver.  

• sbelizabeth
    edited December 2013

The hubs just stumbled downstairs.  He doesn't drink coffee anymore, so I can't pour him a cup.  His new favorite morning drink?  Hot water with a spoonful of Manuka honey, so I made him his "Manuka tea"!

• FierceBluebird
    edited December 2013

ThumbsUp

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited December 2013

Hi dear ladies......just dropping by to say again that I wish a Very Merry Christmas (or Holiday) to you all......I have loved looking at all the pictures......don't have any of my own to post.....good friend has been taking some time.....which is okay....

Just want you all to know I think of you ALL, each and every day, and wish nothing but good things, and happiness, and GOOD HEALTH for 2014.  You women have become very dear to me, and you are the source of whatever strength I may possess.   

God Bless each of you.......XO

Jackie