Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited December 2013

Nihahi...I have wet shoes, I'm laughing so hard...  I've read about stuff like this happening but not to anyone I know!  But seriously, girl, the IRS knows EVERYTHING, so you might want to check your pulse. 

I was born in Okinawa, which was not then but is currently Japan, and I've thought about applying for dual citizenship.  You just made up my mind for me. 

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited December 2013

sbe......trust me......I AM NOT LAUGHING!!!!!! But, I can understand why everyone else would....I mean come on....SERIOUSLY.....I'M DEAD, AND AM TRYING TO PAY MY TAXES????? DevilDevilDevilDevilDevil

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

DevilDevilBawlingBawlingBawlingDevilDevil

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited December 2013

Nihahi, that is too funny.  Good luck as I am sure this may take a bit of time to sort out.  I am sure we would all be delighted to affirm that you are currently alive.

SBE - no drops in the bucket yet.  But then, this evening was the first time that I could actually sit on the potty.  I have been hydrating and taking my colace, but now I can add apples, magnesium and prunes to the mix.  I actually went in to surgery with a pretty clear track and haven't been eating lots (saltines are currently a favorite). I don't even feel bloated.  I'll keep you posted.

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

oh marty.....I'm thinking it may take a march on washington......anyone want to join me???? You sound better....hope the healing continues.

dang, I hope my PS will still be willing to do a stage 2 on a deceased person.....any thoughts. 

My friend just had a good thought.....Since apparently I am dead.....why are they sending me a letter???? Trust me, the Canadian postal system isn't "THAT" good.

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited December 2013

nihahi- oh boy, that sounds like a nightmare to sort out! So since you are "dead" hows life on the other side?  Are there twinkies?  Seriously though, I hooe you are able to get that sorted quickly.  All those letters are automated, you just need to reach a human.

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited December 2013

Marty, I hope it won't be too long before you can "drop the kids at the pool"..........Nerdy

Nihahi.....see post on DIEP thread......seriously.  I mean it!

Sbe.......I have heard Depends will solve that "wet shoe" problem.....

Sweet....too funny....thinking of Twinkies.......and FYI, the IRS are anything BUT human.....really.

Laters......

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

lol.....so true Movie

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited December 2013

I am in a hotel in PA at the present time. Came to this thread and found out that Nihahi is dead and needs to pay taxes, Marty hurts like hell, Katy watches Kill Bill in the tube, Movie is thinking of twinkles, and I can't wait to see my granddaughter tomorrow. My daughter said that the temp will be 60 tomorrow and climbing to 75 over the weekend. I just left 8" of snow. Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!

Bailey, thinking of you!!!!!

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

ooohhhh cherrie.....it's just not safe to leave this group of ladies unattended!!!!! What part of Pennsy are you in?

ok....I have to tell you ladies. Searching for yourself on a list of dead people is soooooooo freaky!!!! Ok, so....now what.....the IRS says I'm dead, the SSI doesn't have me on their "list of the dearly departed"! 

hmmmmm.....Maybe "Moving on" isn't the best name for this thread....ShockedShockedShocked??????

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

sweet......haven't spotted twinkies yet, but the buildings are made of TimTam's and the trees are made of potato chips!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited December 2013

Nihahi, the social security death index takes a little while to get dead people listed--many months, at least.  Does the IRS say WHEN you died?  

Marty, hoping for the best.  I'm glad you're not uncomfortable.  My PS thinks of everything--he advises me to drink a bottle of mag citrate the day before each surgery, so I can be empty pre-op and not have to deal with a plumbing blockade right off the bat.  

Cherrie, enjoy your time in Pennsy!  The snow will be there when you get back!

Movie, we had very different nipple procedures.  I have just a stickey-outey, pea-shaped lump on my noob, no areola.  The PS says he'll tattoo the areola later when everything's settled in.  No special dressings or healing techniques, just a high-beam on righty and nothing yet on lefty.  

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

well sbe....according to the letter I got today, I passed away sometime before 2012....little sketchy on the details of my demise!!!!! I tell you, searching for myself on the "list" completely grossed me out!!!!! 

Today I fired off emails. Tomorrow, I'm trying to get through by phone...the closest SSI office is in Great Falls Montana!!!!!My brother in Jamestown, is going to try to talk to someone, face to face for me, to see what can be done.....I am dreading what hidden implications this all may have.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited December 2013

Made it to Virginia. My granddaughter was squealing with excitement to see us. It was 63 here today and even warmer tomorrow. This is unusual, but I will take it. YAHOO!!!!!

• Moviemaniac
    edited December 2013

Cherrie, glad you made it safely!  enjoy your holiday, and walk when you can  Winking  I am back on the treadmill, and have managed to get up to my 10,000 goal, but I am not allowed to sweat or get my heart rate up just yet......to close to the last surgery.....but if I sit still, I go crazy!

Nihahi, are you still dead?  Please rectify before next summer....we have hiking to do, girl!

Sbe.....I am so excited about my new nips, that if Jerry doesn't go, I may accompany you on a nighttime ride sans shirt myself! I didn't take a bike ride (too cold) but I am sitting here at the computer typing shirtless.....

Well, I have to slip back into my compression and put on the nursing pads with the holes cut into the middles under my bra...very tired tonight, for some reason.....

Love you all  XO

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

movie.....I bet it's a very happy "tired"....maybe it's from all the emotion of the day....I'm am beyond happy for you.

cherrie.....I can just imagine the look on your GD's face when she saw you....beautiful image. Glad you made it safe and sound. 

I'm getting closer to "being alive".....talked to a very nice person in Great Falls this morning....I had her quite stumped for awhile as to how to deal with the whole "IRS thinks I'm dead" thing, but we're making progress!

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

Nihahi- glad that you are making progress!

I saw my plastic surgeon yesterday for my preop and he will be doing a little lipo on my dogears and my sideboobs along with a tuck and lift.  He will also be revising my tummy scar and taking out the scar tissue.  No nips for me yet, that will be a surgery later on down the road.  Looks like I am moving closer and closer to being done, yay!

Also,my PCP put me on an appetite supressant for a few weeks to help me jump start my diet.  So far its working great and I feel better than I have in years!  If only I could feel like this all the time!  Enjoying the restored sex drive while it lasts......lol

Hope everyone is having a happy Friday!

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

sweet....gosh, that GP seems like such an understanding supportive doc....so glad you found him. Love hearing how much better EVERYTHING is Winking. I'm sorry, I've forgotten when your next surgery is??? Maybe you and I will be doing nips at the same time...I'm in the "at a later date" category too.

• MartyJ
    edited December 2013

wait, wait! Sweet - an appetite suppressant upped your sex drive?  What are you taking?  

Well after sending DH to get mag citrate on Wednesday, he came home without.  Seems he thought it was in with supplements not laxatives, couldn't find it.  Back to target today.  Chugged a bottle this afternoon.  Small action, but still waiting for more.  Ah, the fun of the days following surgery.  Otherwise I am well!

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

omg marty.....why is it men refuse to ASK if they can't find something, get lost, etc, etc. etc.!!! It's like they are genetically challenged by the "just ask" gene... hope things get moving soon.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited December 2013

I am bummed....my muffin top seems to be coming back, 2 months post-stage II! I haven't gained weight, am watching my diet even more carefully and have been doing the elliptical/walking when I can, which hasn't been every day. WT?? Cortisol collecting from all my stress??

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

jeannie....what the "h" is going on?? You could be right on the stress.....it's a really sneaky bugger. 

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

nihahi- He is awesome and really takes the time to listen to me and find solutions to help me.  My next surgery is January 15th.

Marty- I know right?  lol   Last thing I expected but grateful while it lasts.  Im on Apidex which is a generic.  An unfortunate side effect is insomnia, Im onky sleeping in two to three hour chunks.  Hope things get "moving" for you soon.

Jeannie- So sorry, could it be the skin loosening up?  That happened to me below my tummy scar and PS is going to tigten it up in next surgery.

• Soccermom4force
    Soccermom4force Member Posts: 311
    edited December 2013

I'm 4 years out from last surgery and I have moved on :)

Ladies, we've formed a Pink  Dragonboat team here in Sarasota Fl (all in boat must be BC survivors ) and will compete in the World Pink Dragonboat Championship here in October 2014. So far 98 teams (22 people + drummer and steerer ) will be coming from all over the world to compete. This is the 1st time to be held in the US..

Loving the sport and the Sisterhood, if your interested in forming a team I'll post link:)

Paddles Up!

Marcia!

For more info..

http://www.ibcpc.com/

• MartyJ
    edited December 2013

movement accomplished!  Just took longer than planned.  All is well.

Marcia - my goal is to get out and learn to paddle this spring with the charleston group.  My doc sponsors a community team at the races here in May.  Can't wait!

• Moviemaniac
    edited December 2013

I would love to join a dragon boat crew here in Portland Oregon.......I do believe there is one of BC survivors.....but I don't know the first thing about rowing.......probably should take a class.......

Marty, glad you are getting back to normal....nothing worse than that hiccup.......

Jeannie, maybe some swelling?  Maybe try putting the compression back on for a while and see if you notice a difference.....

Love to all....

• MartyJ
    edited December 2013

If you have a dragon boat, they most likely are giving free training to BC survivors as that is their primary mission.  They should have a website with all of the details.

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

What are people's family traditions/meals at Christmas?

I grew up in a strong Swedish heritage on my Mother's side. Christmas Eve was the big "family" gathering/big meal. I've always tried to carry on some of the traditions with my family, since hubby's family didn't really have any set traditions. So Christmas Eve dinner is sil (pickled herring), smoked salmon, baked ham, lingonberries sauce (like cranberries only smaller), and of course meatballs. Throw in the normal things like potatoes and veggies...it's a real feast. Dessert is fruit soup and peppakakor...(really thin ginger cookies). We used to make korv (homemade meat/potato sausage), but that's a real production, so don't do that anymore. When I was little, Christmas Eve was at Grandma's farmhouse, and everything was cooked on a woodstove. The tree wasn't seen until after dinner (parlour doors were kept shut). One of the adults must have snuck in while the kids were kept busy elsewhere and lit the candles on the tree (yup....real candles), then the doors were opened and there it was! Candles, straw ornaments, and cookies hanging on red ribbons. Everyone got one present....then we all piled into cars and had to go to midnight church services, which was agony, because it was all in Swedish, but the neat thing was everyone held a candle, and at the end of the service, the lights were turned out, and the candles were lit, and everyone left the church carrying a candle to light the way. It was soooo neat, when you were old enough to have your OWN candle!

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

wow Nahahi, that sounds amazing! How did they keep the tree from catching fire My family was split since my parents divorced when I was three but my moms family usually got together christmas eve for dinner. My grandma always made rum balls which were yummy! My dads family had a big family dinner and then midnight mass, they are a large group so it was qute the party.  There were two traditional gifts exchanged over a sixty year time frame, a lump of coal and a gold brick. The lump of coal started out big and would get wrapped in crazy ways, it was funny watching people trying to open it. The gold brick was started sometime in the seventies and usually was ttached to something funny like yard flamingos etc.  The only tradition that I stayed with was lots of baking and food and inviting anyone who didnt have a place to go over.  

I should start the coal up again, my kids are old enough now to find it funny.

• MartyJ
    edited December 2013

Nihahi   Sounds magical.