Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited December 2013

thanks Nihahi. I forgot Advil and Tylenol yesterday as I was so busy. My shoulder was screaming. I can't keep taking this forever. I am faithfully doing exercises and icing, but have not been getting my steps in. It is time to get back to My Fitness Pal. I am 15-20 over what I should be and have gained 3-5 since DIEP. This is my year. I will be 60 next October and I want to feel and look good. I am barely 5'2" so any extra weight really shows up.

My baby quilt is done, presents wrapped and leaving Wednesday for Virginia.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited December 2013

aw cherrie....sorry to hear it wasn't a good "shoulder" day. I'm guessing if your shoulder is screaming at you, it's an issue of overusing it with whatever had you so busy. It takes soooo little really, to flare up a shoulder, it can be frustrating. If you are in tons of pain without one day of the meds, it also shows that you HAVE to make getting it sorted out a priority....It's a tough time of year to be looking after yourself, but, in reality.....what is so important that you SHOULD sacrifice your health? I doubt if anyone in your circle of family and friends would want you to put yourself in pain, to make a "Holiday" for them, or give them less to do in prep for your travels.... 2014 should definitely be YOUR year!!!! (try not to wait until then....start today!).

tammy.....That's so cool.....!!!!! Have you been there???

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited December 2013

[[[[[[[[[[[[Jeannie!]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]  

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited December 2013

Thanks, Bluebird! I love hugs.

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited December 2013

I froze my foobs off today ladies!  We marched in our towns christmas parade today and it was coooooolllld!  My foobs are still cold to touch three hours later......weird!

• Cherrie
    edited December 2013

Sweet- You make me laugh out loud. What is the temp in North Carolina? In Michigan, it is 15 with a windchill of 3 and 8 inches of snow on the ground. It is beautiful to see from the inside.

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

Oh my Cherrie, we are in a heatwave compared to you!  We were in the low 50s yesterday but I left my coat in the car.  In the shade it was colder.  God bless you guys that got all that snow, I live in the south specifically to avoid that stuff!  LOL

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

low 50's????.......LOW 50'S!!!!!!!!!! Holy fajita sweet, that's like 20 degrees ABOVE freezing!!!!! I'm going to go sulk now Bawling.

• Cherrie
    edited December 2013

Nihahi- You made me laugh out loud too. ❄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄❄❄❄❄❄

Wishing for

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited December 2013

Hahahaha....it's 73 degrees (Farenheit) and we're going for a trail bicycle ride in the full moon. Usually we're the only ones out there, so I may take off my jersey and let the girls breathe and enjoy the moonlight. After the DIEP, I no longer have to worry about running over one of them, or getting it caught in the chain ring.

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

you guys are killing me!!!! However, I did do an 11k walk, on a crisp, sunny day......so BHHHLLLLLLEEEEEPPP TO YOU Nerdy.

Wish me luck tomorrow.....another derm doc appointment....and I'd REALLY, REALLY like to leave without being biopsied and sutured!!!!!

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

So sorry Nahahi, you are welcome here anytime you want to escape all that snow!  Sending positive no poky or sticky vibes for your appointment tomorrow.  

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

ok sweet....all is forgiven now Nerdy!

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

Nihahi, I'm rooting for you! I hope nothing needs to be messed with tomorrow. I feel like you do every time I see a doc....what NOW?

Sbel, that is quite a visual, noobs to the sky...just don't get road rash on those beauties!

• sbelizabeth
    edited December 2013

Great photo, Nihahi. Do I see rabbit tracks on the far right side? And yes...we'll be in your pockets for the derm appt. No pokes. No sticks. Nothing but good news.

Jeannie, at the middle of the ride, when we reached our destination and turned around, I pulled off my helmet and jersey and let the moonbeams shine on the girls. But I thought of road rash, too, so I suited back up for the ride home.

Blessed sleeps, everyone.

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited December 2013

Nihahi....I will be in your pocket for sure tomorrow......screw the poking and biopsy-ing......we've had enough, and we aren't gonna take it anymore!!!!!Devil LOVE the pic!

Sbe ..... I will NEVER get that visual out of my head........ Shocked

XO...going to try and sleep.......

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

Hi Ladies.....HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!!!!!!! The dermatology appointment was a success!!!!! Thanks for all the positive vibes.

No biopsies, no stitches, no areas of concern....come back in a year!!!!!! 

I celebrated by buying a new pair of winter hiking/walking boots....supposedly awesome against doing the "black ice dance"...!!!!!Nerdy

• Moviemaniac
    edited December 2013

Nihahi.....Yay! For the results, AND your new boots........better get out there and put them to use RIGHT AWAY....surgery next month, right???? Shocked  XO

• Cherrie
    edited December 2013

yay Nihahi! We went at the same time a few months ago. No biopsies for me either. My DH had a couple of spots on his head frozen. HAPPY DANCE for you.

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

Thanks guys....hugs to all.

Yes, movie.....surgery next month....ShockedShocked! Sorry about the lack of sunshine....I honestly don't know how you and jeannie stay sane.....oh.....wait.....that explains......(nevermind)!

cherrie....sorry about hubby's frozen head....better than a "cut and stitch" though, eh? Travel safely tomorrow!!!!!!! Are you abandoning us or will you be in touch occasionally???? I just can't WAIT to hear more "southern" weather reports...Winking!

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

Nihahi, my brother and daughter keep reporting that San Diego is 77F, 80F....

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited December 2013

Nihahi - you just need to plan a visit to my island.  Sunny today, in the 60s.

Okay, whoever said that thigh lipo was no walk in the park was so right.  Had outer thighs done to get fat to bring the boobs up a cup size.  The boobs don't feel too bad, but the thighs - o m g!  I am comfy on a soft chair or the couch or my bed, but a trip to the bathroom is agony. I also have saddlebags that weren't there before the surgery yesterday.  I think they are just swollen.

• Moviemaniac
    edited December 2013

at first I wondered why my PS wasn't lipo-ing my thighs.....then I realized that there is(was)plenty of fat around my middle........Loopy

Marty, I am sorry you are hurting.......hope it passes quickly!

Nihahi, I resemble your comment about my sanity.....Nerdy

Cherrie, have a wonderful time, but check in when you can, okay?

Jeannie, we're not crazy...........are we??????

Sbe.....I am afraid your description of your night-riding adventures has been seared into my brain.......

Did you know the average human brain is 80% water.......this explains a LOT about me........

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

Yes, Movie!  We are definitely crazzzzzzzy! I've seen my brain up close and personal on the MRI, didn't show all that water. But then, I'm far from NORMAL!!!

Marty, I'm sorry you're hurting so much. I hope you can just rest and let Christmas come to you.

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

to quote bailey....you all are cyber loons!!!!!! And I love you all!

marty....ooohhhh hugs, hugs, hugs.....I very much like jeannie's suggestion....let Christmas come to you!!!! Sorry to hear about the pain.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited December 2013

Hey friends! Marty - oooowwwwww.....I think I might be happy I have enough to give around the middle to avoid the thigh lipo so far. Wishing you relief. Hugs.

Jeannie - how are you and DH doing? THinking of you.

Nihahi....so glad you had a good appointment.

Sbel.....wow. Even though I didn't actually see it I kind of feel like "that which has been seen cannot be unseen". LOL! I was looking at the full moon last night and wishing I was outside with it.....but not NAKED lol :) Maybe it's becuase it was like 5 or something here yesterday. 

Sweet - my noob stays cold a lot longer than my native on the right....I think it's because it has more fat in it than tissue. My heiney always stays cold a lot longer than the rest of my body too. I think it might have something to do with congealing??? (eeewwwwww).

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

Bailey- My butt does the same now that I think about it......lol

Cherrie- Safe travels and have fun

Nihahi- High of 74 on Sunday. No white Christmas for us here.

Marty- So sorry you are in pain, I hope it passes soon. What island are you on?  I love the coast and I am hoping to get out there this sumer for vacation.

Movie- How goes the healing? Happy with how things look?

Sbe- Are you still diving down enjoying those long naps?  I hope your healing up well.

Hugs to all! I am getting nervous about my stage two but excited to be done done done! 

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

snowfall warning for today....snow coming down sideways.....temps heading to a predicted low of -26C. I DON"T CARE....I have NEW BOOTS, and the ski trails need snow....that's my story and I'm sticking to it Nerdy

sweet....I'm getting nervous too, and mine will be a minor "stage"....we'll get through it together girl!

marty.....hoping Wilbur hangs out with for a couple days, and that the pain eases quickly....you are SUCH a trooper.

hugs to all, turning of the computer to get started with the day.

• sbelizabeth
    edited December 2013

Bailey, I was NOT naked.  I was wearing socks and a helmet.  LOL... and bike shorts, you silly girl.  I've never cycled without my trusty padded shorts and I don't want to!

Nihahi, way to go at the derms!  Whoo-hoo!  Every time I have a "you're fine, see you in a few months" visit with my onc, I feel like someone's just said, "not guilty, you're free to go."  Relief.  Happiness.  And new boots!  How high are the heels?  Do they come up to your thighs?  Did they come with a whip?

Marty, hang in there.  Since I am the constipationator, I have to ask if things are OK with the plumbing.  Have you had a "moving day" since the surgery?  Hmmm?

Finally, FINALLY, our summer weather has drifted off and it's cloudy and cool this morning.  It feels ridiculous wearing Christmas sweaters when it's 80 degrees outside. 

For Monday's hyperbaric treatment, I chose "Kill Bill 2" for my entertainment.  What an idiot.  I'd seen the movie before, and I liked the quirky characters and writing, but I'd forgotten about the scene where the bad guy (they're all bad guys, really) traps Uma Therman's character in a casket.  And there I was, stuck in a big Plexiglass coke can.  I had to close my eyes.  For yesterday's dive, I laughed through "50 first dates."  Charming.

Gotta get to work!  Have a wonderful Hump Day, ladies!

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

Well now HERE's a topic we haven't chatted about before........

Background info relevant to the following saga.....I am a dual citizen (US and Canada), so I file tax returns for both US and Canada every year).

I got a letter today, from the IRS. The letter states that they received my 2012 US Tax Return (goodie....I mailed it lightyears ago)....but much to their regret, their information from the Social Security Administration indicates that I became deceased (ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME!) prior to the tax year, so they cannot process the return, and have frozen my tax account. 

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! I NOW HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH HOW MANY HOOPS TO GET WRITTEN CONFIRMATION THAT I AM IN FACT STILL ALIVE, SO I CAN PAY MY TAXES!!!!!  I AM NOT AMUSED!!!!!!!!!!DevilDevil