Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited January 2014

wow! I have missed a lot. I can't commit yet, but I would feel more comfortable if we could all stay together in a bigger house, wherever that is. If we went to Portland, I could plan a visit to my son in Seattle too. We were going to go in August to early September, so then I couldn't afford to go a second time. I am open to moving my plans possibly. It would be so great to see you all. 

Starting the second half of drinking prep for colonoscopy today. Not looking for to going out and driving in this weather. 15" of new snow and the winds are a whipping! Well time to drink. Yuck!!!!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited January 2014

Up since the wee hours again, and had good laughs reading here - thanks girls! I've been wondering if we maybe have a ghost posting here who goes by the name of Nihahi? To think that I had tea, and visited with this ghost . . . spooky!!! Have to say she's a pretty competent, efficient, feisty little spirit - hehehe!

Wherever this get together is, I will do my level best to attend. Just have to meet all you wonderful people that I've 'known' for so long! Will say one thing though - it will be lovely to stay somewhere together. Bailey, I concur. In the end one just has to pick a time and a place, because you can just never please everybody. Those who can make it will be there, no doubt. Those who can't, there can always be a next time.

Cherrie, thinking of you chugging that colonoscopy brew. No fun, eh? I don't do any driving in icy conditions, and simply cancel everything, so I admire your courage. Be safe, eh?

Movie, have you tried good old Vicks to soothe that cough? I know it stinks, but I firmly believe in that stuff. It works. Always rub it on my chest and back, and a little in the nose. It defo eases your breathing, and slows down the coughing. 

Jeannie, are you available on Saturday, January 24? Movie and I are planning to visit you on that day, so let us know. Hope you can make it!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

sbe.....today I'll be wearing 2 layers of socks, thermal winter boots, gaitors and "tennis rackets" strapped to my feet.....what is your choice of footwear today??? (my friend won't get a rats a** if my socks match)!

movie....please get better..!!!! Also, please get the pneumo vaccine once you are over this!!!!! 

cherrie....wth?????? I thought you were in Virginia and heading to Florida????

Sunriver sounds good!!!!! No grizz sounds even better, because in Sept.....them bears are hungry little fur balls!!!!!! Is it a bit more sea level for sbe's O2 needs?????

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited January 2014

For me, I think considerations for our gathering of the DIEP Clan might include some factors--

Someplace reasonably accessible by air and with a tendency to have good airline connections.  Usually that makes airline tickets a bit cheaper.

Availability of housing where we can stay together.

Perhaps off-season, so prices are lower. 

September would be a pretty month, depending on location. 

Nihahi, I'll take a photo of this morning's footwear choice and post it.  No tennis rackets here.  Wish there were, though!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited January 2014

Sensible oxfords, with purple tights.  Very professional.  I love these shoes--they're made by Wolverine and the comfort is fabulous!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2014

Sbel, love the shoes and the tights!  Funny how all your pictures at work are with your feet propped up on the desk.   Lol.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited January 2014

Sbel do you know the headquarters of the Wolverine Company is right here in my little town of Rockford, MI?

Also idc a bit where we meet....Oregon sounds awesome, I have never been there (been to Montana....just not Missoula). It's about the time spent together. Meeting and laughing out loud with my cyber sistas is on my list of things to DO. I just want to see it happen.

(And maybe whitewater rafting.....???? Lol)

• liefie
    edited January 2014

Just googled Sunriver - it looks fabulous. One can rent a house there that can sleep a lot of people. I'm willing to share a king bed  with our ghost sister here. Which means I'll have it all to myself - hahaha!

Sbel, love the purple tights!

• Cherrie
    edited January 2014

Nihahi- I got home on Saturday. Leaving for Florida on the 20th. Fitting in doctor and dentist appointments. 

If the meet up is in Portland, Jeannie and I could drive down from Seattle together. 🗻🗻🚙🚘🚗🚕🚙🚘🚗🚕🚙🚘🚗🚕 

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited January 2014

Liefie, I can't believe we booked a float trip to watch bald eagles on the very day you and Movie are available to see me! I'm a doofus. Booking this trip was a nightmare, with date changes, etc., so I can't change it. I will be available in the evening, though tired, I'm sure. Are you leaving Sunday? I could see you in the morning if you're still around.

I've never been to Sunriver but I've heard great things about it. How far is it from Portland? Getting there could be complicated for people without a flight there. I, too, would prefer us all staying near each other. Obviously, getting to know each other in person would be the highlight of the trip for me. 

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Yes, Cherrie, road trip! I hope your colonoscopy is non-eventful. My 87 year old mom is having one today. Hope hers is non-eventful, too. I hate that she has to have one. I hope she followed prep directions. I haven't been able to reach her by phone. (She's in California).

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited January 2014

For us northerners:

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

Oh, Tammy, that is wonderful!

• bailey6760
    edited January 2014

LOL Tammy, that is great!

Here is my 10 lb Dachshund after two minutes in the snow. It's over her head. She is a hound at heart and searching for something under the snow (likely a lost tennis ball). But she can't stand to be out more than two minutes at a time (wind chill was -20F last time I checked). Then she comes in and I towel her off and she goes back to the door wanting two more minutes lol. 

Thing 1 and Thing 2 are outside "building character" (shoveling the driveway so DH doesn't have to when he gets home tonight).

I miss being a stay-at-home mom (albeit I was only ever a part-time one). I think I will go make some hot chocolate! :)

• bailey6760
    edited January 2014

Ok that's not Bella at all, but a nice sign my BFF had made for me when I got diagnosed. Bella pic later, I'm being paged for driveway inspection lol!

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Tammy, love it, especially since we've all had fat whacked out! Bailey, love your plaque, too.

• bailey6760
    edited January 2014

Ok, here is the crazy "puppy forever" dog (she is almost 7 but you would NEVER know it).

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited January 2014

Omg, sooo cute! Love the sign and sbels shoes too!

• Zenful
    edited January 2014

Bella is very cute!  Got my hot chocolate in hand!

• liefie
    edited January 2014

Jeannie, we'll just shout 'Plot twist', and think of something else, no worries. Please don't feel bad! We should have let you know sooner about the date. Visiting on the Sunday morning will depend on what mode of transport we use to get to/from Seattle. Things may be complicated further since we are with a group of people. Will keep you posted.

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Thanks, Liefie. In the confusion of changing the date of our trip I completely forgot the boat show was at  the end of the month. So, mea culpa. 

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited January 2014

if the  trip gets moved to Oregon/Sunriver , since I will not have travel expense, I will chip in our Tahoe , which can seat 6 comfortably, and spring for a rental, if we need more than one car......if all out of towners come in the same day, we can load up and drive there......cars/gas on me.......just a thought?    Sunriver is about 140 miles from Portland.....but it is a gorgeous drive, and we can work with rental agents who will find us a home(s) to fit our needs....many with hot tubs.......perfect after a day :) of hiking to Green Lake....:)

(My head is ready to explode......Loopy   Sbe...NO flu...just this carpy virus........)

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Just FYI, there are some flights to the Bend airport from some western cities. 

Oh, Movie, I'm so sorry you are suffering so.

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Thanks, everyone, for your condolences......they are MUCH appreciated.....

Bailey , I forgot to add that your little doxie looks JUST like ours.....Otto Von Wienerschnitzel......he's 11 years old....

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited January 2014

I have been reading everything but evertime I go to post, a child/husband/mother in law interupts me and I toally go off on a tangent. I would love to meet up with you guys and I dont care where it is but it would be nice if we could all stay at the same place or close together. I checked on flights out west and they are about six hundred but may be cheaper flying to a bigger town.

I am gearing up for stage two and Ooph next Wednesday. Ive been working on my stomach and chest muscles in hopes that it makes healing faster.  Bailey and Movie, how are you guys feeling and how far post stage two are you?

• Cherrie
    edited January 2014

Movie- I hope you are resting as much as possible. Hot tea and feet up. I have never been to Oregon or Montana. I love the idea of riding and staying together. Hiking, tubbing, wining,etc. Glorious!!!

Jeannie- They found two polyps and I will have pathology by Monday.  I am not fretting. I wonder why???

My niece (37) had her second mammo and was called back in for a diagnostic mammo and US. She is having a stereotactic biopsy tomorrow. Her mother (my sister) has also had BC. She has 4 young children. They found a cluster of micro calcification in one breast. Hoping she is one of the 80% that is benign. I wish she didn't have to worry about this at all. 

• Zenful
    edited January 2014

Cherrie, I will be praying for your niece.  Sometimes I think it's harder to watch others go through the worry because we know what it feels like.

• bailey6760
    edited January 2014
    Cherrie...hugs and prayers...I suspect all that you have seen in life has given you patience, no?

Awww, post a pic, Movie I want to see Otto! We got Bella by accident (long story) but she has been a joy to all, including out big dog, Moses.

Sweet I am 2.5 weeks out. Doing well. Painful and Braxton Hicksy toward afternoon. Been sitting at the computer (practicing to go back to work) and finding long stretches of sitting difficult. But...very very happy with how everything looks this time. What is the plan for your stage II?

Zen, I think you are spot on.

Movie....THANK YOU for that very generous offer :)
  • Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

I'm serious, Bailey!     And I also had Braxton hickish contractions after stage 2a..... In fact, that is exactly what I told my PS they felt like!

I can only hope tomorrow I wake up feeling better..........Loopy

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

cherrie...sending hugs. 

This is what I did today to "de-stress"....sorry, they are phone pics, as I forgot to charge my camera battery. They seem to be sideways....no idea how to fix that.

View DSC_0035.JPG in slide show

View DSC_0038.JPG in slide show

View DSC_0045.JPG in slide show

View DSC_0058.JPG in slide show

View DSC_0061.JPG in slide show