Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited January 2014

cherrie- Im so sorry that your niece has to go through all the testing, I hope everything comes back clear. My sister is in the same spot right now waiting on biopsy results.

bailey- I am having scar revision and ooph in stage two.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2014

Sweet, prayers for your sister that her results turn out good.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited January 2014

Cherrie, not worrying sounds great! I hope your peace continues and path is a-ok. I'm sorry about your niece having to go through the testing and concern. As a mom of three girls, I can imagine how your sister is feeling, too. Only my oldest, 37, has had her first mammo, all clear. 

Sweet, wishing and hoping your sis is fine!!

Movie, yes, generous offer!!! Not surprising from you. 

I see the PS PA tomorrow. Hoping PS is called in to assess my fat necrosis. I just really don't want another OR visit. And so out of pocket begins again....COBRA is so expensive but grateful for it so far.

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Nihahi, I can't see your pics. I bet they are beautiful!

• butterfleyez
    butterfleyez Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2014

hello ladies..

I think it's time for me to join in with the moving on thread. I'm still on the road to recovery but desperately trying to get back to normal. 

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited January 2014

I would love to come meet all of you.  Indianapolis to Redmond? is going to run about $500.  When we pick a date, I will start saving my money for this trip.  I don't post half a regularly as most of you, but I'm an avid reader of your posts and think of all of you as close friends.  Let's do this!  ...Julie

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited January 2014

Hi Blue, somehow I missed your beautiful watercolor posting. The words said it was done by someone named Christopher. Well, Chinese New Year is right around the corner, but I have not been keeping up since we usually don't have the days off around that time. Growing up, that was the best time of the year for us. Great food, new cloth, lots of fireworks... miss those care free days. This bird is for you, blue.

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Julie, I would love to meet you in person!

Butterfleye, welcome to the thread!

I saw the PS and he says to keep massaging the heck out of the bump (scar tissue) on my boob. When I get nipples in Feb., he will try to draw any fluid out of the area. If it's still a problem after six months we can address it then. We both want to avoid the OR. HappyThumbsUp

• Morningsun1
    edited January 2014

That's great news, jeannie. ThumbsUp

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited January 2014

hi all...I don't want to hijack Bailey's suggestion for Missoula.......but as I mentioned, we can find homes next door to each other, or condos next door to each other, with all kinds of outdoor activities right at the front door, in Sunriver, Oregon. (Google it).  If it is cheaper to fly into Portland, plan for that.....I have a Tahoe that can fit 5-6 comfortably, and will pony up the $ for a second rental.......as I will NOT have airfare to pay......

However, if Missoula is the choice.....I will be there in a heartbeat......

On another note.....maybe I am feeling a bit better.......will see how the rest of the day pans out....Loopy

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited January 2014

Aww. Thanks Tammy! The signature stamp should read Kristine. (Me) I've had two Asian interpretations that sounded like "kay-la-ding" so I figure that's close enough to Kristine. Lol...apparently Kristine doesn't translate well. My painting professer was from Shanghai and he helped me create my stamp.

Wish we were meeting somewhere in the middle of the country. I'm over on the east coast. But both places look fun to visit.

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Thanks, Tammy. I am relieved. I guess I'll be like Janet_M and massage my boob wherever I am....I'm excited to have nipples again. Boy, I never thought that would be a sentence I'd write.

Movie, I would hope I can drive down, hopefully with Cherrie, and my car would be available. It seats five total. That is, if Sunriver is the choice.

• sweetpickle
    edited January 2014

Welcome butterflrye, glad you are here!

Julie- I read more than I post too, glad to "see" you!

Well ladies, got some horrible news tonight. My sweet baby sister has been diagnosed with triple neg BC. She goes for brca testing next monday but I would bet money that she is positive since I am. I am so pissed that she has to go through this and heartbroken that we live so far apart. bleh

• sweetpickle
    edited January 2014

Jeannie- congrats on no OR visit. I have a spot like that too that I massage everyday. It has gotten smaller.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited January 2014

Sweet- I am so so sorry your sister is going through this. She is so lucky to have you to talk to. Someone knowledgable and understanding. You will be her rock.

Jeannie- Tony and I could fly to Seattle to visit son and we could drive down. It sounds fabulous. Movie is being so generous. 

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Oh, Sweetpickle, I am so sorry! It makes me so mad! When are we going to learn to prevent this vicious disease?? Cherrie is right, you are going to be so helpful to your sister even if you can't be in the same room with her. She is blessed to have you. Thanks for the encouragement about the hard spot. I'm going to ask DH to help with the massage.  ;)

• sweetpickle
    edited January 2014

Thanks guys, I hope that being on the otherside and cancerfree will be encouraging for her. Hoping they find a cure before my daughter grows up.

Jeannie- I am sure your dh would love to help you with that

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

sweet....tears and hugs for you and your sister. Such a difficult thing to learn. Where is your sister??? You can definitely be a source of strength and compassion for her.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited January 2014

Nihahi!!! Thinking of you. You will do great.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2014

Oh, Sweet.  So sorry to hear about your sister.  She will certainly need your loving guidance and she is so lucky to have you to guide her.  Loving, healing thoughts to both of you!

• sweetpickle
    edited January 2014

Thank you Nihahi and zenful . I am hoping she has the same good outcome I had.

• Morningsun1
    edited January 2014

sweet, my baby sister went through her bc journey before me. Knowing that she beat bc, gave me confidence that I could too. I'm sure your success story and good outcome will be a huge comfort for her. ((((Group))))

Hopping into nihahi's pocket!

• Curlylocks
    Curlylocks Member Posts: 61
    edited January 2014

Hi Ladies,

Thought I would join in as I am "technically" on the other side....3.5 weeks post op tomorrow.  Each day gets a little better, still hate this binder with a PASSION!  I find if I take it off have to put it back on before the day is out cause my tummy feels uncomfortable without it.

I was suppose to go for my post op pathology results tomorrow but it got cancelled as the Cancer Clinic had a flood today.  Just my luck, they called tonight and said someone would call to reschedule appt tomorrow.  Hopefully it is Thursday at another area of the hospital because the waiting is stressing me out:(  I had my surgery on Dec 16 so its been hard waiting for the results so long.....I just want to hear that I am still CANCER-FREE!

Sweet - I am saddened to hear about your sister's by safesaver" in_rurl="http://i.txtsrving.info/click?v=Q0E6NDczNTA6MTMwNDpicmVhc3QgY2FuY2VyIGRpYWdub3NpczoxNzVmMmRmMzg3NGNmODYxODI4MDMwZjViMjk1YjMwNTp6LTE0OTktMjg3NjA5OmNvbW11bml0eS5icmVhc3RjYW5jZXIub3JnOjkwMTIxOmFmNGZiYzg5Mjk2ODM0YjA5M2YzNDUyNDUyNWNiZDU4OjFhNTU3MGRhZjFiMjRmOTM4OGNlYTZjNjJkMzc1YjE5" id="_GPLITA_0" href="#">breast cancer diagnosisimage.  So crappy, but hopefully she sees how well you are doing and follows your lead.  Its hard watching someone else in your family go through this disease as you know I had two sister's diagnosed with bc after me.  My baby sister, god Bless her she is no longer here and my older sister last year who is doing REALLY well!

Goldie - Dont worry about the tummy, it does feel numb and weird but I somehow think it does get better over time.  The benefits of having a flat belly are AWESOME!

Ladies that are having surgery in the next day or so, all the best and may you recover quicklyHappy

Time for bed, its 12:00 am. here.  My sleep schedule is so weird.   I now go to bed about midnight, wake up a few times during the night, get up about 8:30 am and then have an afternoon nap (definitely need it now).

Michele

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited January 2014

Oh my word.

What a day, friends. 

Holy carp.

I am in the Hilton at O'Hare. Most unexpectedly. 

My mom and dad left for Germany today....the hard way. They were scheduled out of Grand Rapids at noon today, connecting in Chicago and Dusseldorf and ending in Hamburg. I offered to take them to the airport. Drop them at the door and get them through security and go get a mani and pedi while I waited to be sure their plane left GR. But their flight out of GR to Chicago was cancelled....and nothing available until Friday. They suggested we try to make the flight out of Ohare. Chicago is about 3 hours away in the best of conditions. And here we are in the throws of the worst storm in years. I94 was actually closed around the south end of Lake Michigan last night. We had no time to.ponder it and took off for Chicago. I got my brother in law checking the flight out of chi to Germany making sure that was on. Got my sister checking on alternAte flights and got DH on road conditions and accidents. There was crazy texting going on. The roads were treacherous. But we got here 40 minutes before their flight. I dropped them at the door and said goodbye, thinking I wouldn't see them again. Parked the car, found a restroom, grabbed some milk and a bottle of water and headed to the concourse to check their flight status and found them still at the check in. They wouldn't let them board. The requirement for international flights is 50 minutes before flight. Not 40 minutes. 

So, eventually they got them a new flight. Chi to London to Hamburg....6 pm. Excellent. They even let me go through security and up to the gate with them ( I didn't ask, they offered, which I didn't even know was possible anymore. 

The flight was then delayed. Delayed. Delayed. Delayed. :( my poor da was a nervous wreck. He's been planning this trip to Germany for surgery for over a year now. At some point we decided I would just stay here for the night so sister booked a room for me ( my smartphone had died). Praise God for this hotel connected right to the airport regardless of price (mom and dad are paying for it lol). They finally took off at 9:45 pm....almost 2 hours after they boarded them :(

Flight tracker shows them over the Atlantic and a two hour layover in London. They should have wheelchairs and help waiting for them at Heathrow. I pray they do. Oh goodness. Such  a mess. My sister was emailing the doctor in Germany to change the car service pickup time.

I am a new kind of exhausted tonight. 

More on the surgery another day. I am so tired but no longer wired! Glad this day is on the books....and I never have to do it again!!!

• bailey6760
    edited January 2014

And Sweet I just went back to catch up and I am so sorry about your sister :(   hugs to both of you!

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited January 2014

Sweetpickle - Your sister is so lucky to have you. Such shocking news,  and she'll benefit from your knowledge and support and all the stuff sisters do.  Thank God for  email and texting and being available for our loved ones who are far away. I'm really sorry that she has to go through this. And you too. 

• bailey6760
    edited January 2014

Sweet where is your sister living?

• sweetpickle
    edited January 2014

Bailey- oh my goodness, what an ordeal for you and your parents. Glad they made it out safe and sound. My sister lives just outside of Boston, MA. The really crazy part of this is that we did not meet until 2001. Her dad is my bio dad (I am adopted). We both have boys on the autism spectrum and now we both have the same cancer.  Genetics is crazy!

Thank you all for the well wishes!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited January 2014

Sweet, you will be an inspiration and strength to your sister. Best of luck to her.

Bailey, get some well deserved rest oh my goodness! Wishing your folks well. Fill us in on the surgery when you have time.

• bailey6760
    edited January 2014

Oh, Sweet. I am so happy you have come to know your sister :) What a story, I am sure. I wish so much that the "bad" genetics of brca weren't there or shared. Are you able to use Skype of face time with her?

I am fine lol. I washed my socks, bra and t-shirt in the sink and dried them on the heat vent overnight. I purchased a new pair of panties and the most expensive toiletries on earth before coming to my room. I actually turned out pretty good looking today, considering my little odyssey. The shampoo and conditioner that came free with the room assures me that my hair is now "head turning" AND "touchable" so I am a bit afraid to leave the room for fear of attack due to gorgeous hair. If you don't hear from me again that's why. 

Movie idc where we meet up. I am happy anywhere :) sunriver sounds great. I was just trying to get the ball rolling and it is :)